• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
RAWR I hate the way the internet works....

I will jog your memory into how to play smash. And the hand thing is the easiest part of melee lol tech skill counts for nothing.

Allan taught me a lot though lol

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Gea has told me several things i didnt know about smash, and i am better than him. I can't say that i've taught him anything though.

Gea

Smash Master
And the hand thing is the easiest part of melee lol tech skill counts for nothing.

Allan taught me a lot though lol
You're silly. If your hands can't do what you want to do it impedes your playing. Some people are naturally better at techskill than others. I am pretty terrible at it. You're right to an extent though. Techskill can be overcome to an extent by making smarter choices than your opponent. I guess I just try too hard still.

As for flat out knowledge about the game, I'm like a ******** Magus. :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Magus is pretty stupid...he just likes playing with the AR a lot xD

Paul would *** **** that scrub.

Controlling my hands isn't really that hard imo I mean you have to learn what to do at first but I don't need like constant practice to keep them able to do those things. I just need to be able to know how to do it.

And playing with each other is how you learn. James hasn't told me that many things that I've used constantly that help me. But he has just played with me and taught me enough that way to finally be able to be good. I don't mean like straight up telling them how to play...

Popertop

Smash Champion
I dunno syba, you seem like kinda a natural at smash.

you haven't spent that much time in the scene, but you are pretty good.

*shrug* you can talk game theory all you want, but in the end the only thing
that truly gets you better is having an equal or better to test yourself against.
then again there is the phenomenon of playing at a higher level than everyone around you.

lol Magus.

sooo good.
mainly cause he ***** inui.

Gea

Smash Master
Magus knows things that are REALLY useful and understands the game well. How things happen and why they happen. While those things don't make you a better player than a naturally talented one, they can greatly supplement your game and give you new ideas to work on.

Like how to get out of Sheik's jab grab game on Falcon. How to go nowhere with Jiggs if you get dsmashed by peach, etc.

Oh, I agree, playing is the only way to make yourself better.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol well then...I think we should all go to where Gea is and play with him to get him into shape ^_^

I think everyone would **** Inui...I heard he got super ***** by Jake xD

I wish those would've been recorded =/

But yeah...Magus actually did find a lot of things out for me lol but I still think Paul would **** his ***...I talk about *** ****** too much >_< should probably stop that xD

Jake13

Smash Lord
Like how to get out of Sheik's jab grab game on Falcon. How to go nowhere with Jiggs if you get dsmashed by peach, etc.
killa whale and oscar learned how to do both of those from just playing me :/ they ruin my cheapness.

on a side note: i love smash theory! i wish it was a college course lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Doesn't everyone play 100% lol I mean if you don't then you must really be sucking at this game xD

And way to not know who Magus is lolololol Epic Failure much? You posted a video of him a little while ago too lol

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
wait what video did i post of him besides the one in my last post?

yeah sorry i suck, money match me?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Your dumb =P

And didn't we just have this discussion over my thoughts on MM'ing <_<

Fail again lol

The one with the Ganon Dairing the Falco > Platform Canceling it > going into an Utilt > killing Falco with it all on YS.

Jake13

Smash Lord
i say mm or pride match or sumfin between syba and tbomb. recorded. put on youtube. //****

also, we desperately need a crew battle!

crew 1

Jake,
Oscar,
Killa Whale,
Tarzan.

crew 2

Ronnie,
Clue,
Syba,
Mouf.

tbomb if you showed up ever you could have a spot too =P

lets get it crunk at HOBO19

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ok wow lol I already told you all that I can't show up to the next three tournaments and since one of them has passed that still means I can't show up to the next two =/

And actually I figured out how to do this. Since I will play at my best without pressure and since you can play with your best with pressure why don't you just put up money? It makes sense since we can both fight our best on those terms. Or we can just straight up Pride Match

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Hey Jake, are you planning on going to that November Oklahoma tournament that apparently Darkrain and KOS-MOS will be at? It's a 7 hour drive, you should go and take me.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Just saying lol hey did anyone show up at the last tournament named Kailoace?

Wow....I just a look at that crew set up <_< isn't that a bit rigged?

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i think to dallas is like 5 hrs
mk i'm catching up on some posts, i just got home from a waco cross country meet
jake if i join either of the 4 man crews you're going to need 1 other person
syba was your post about playing under pressure@me?

my head is literally spinning right now i'll chekc back later

Jake13

Smash Lord
my driving limit is dallas, i don't wanna drive any further than that. tho maybe if someone lemme drive their AUTOmatic car....

what's rigged about the crew set up :? i thought it was perfeven.

tbomb, if there are five ppl on one crew, then they each get four stocks.
if there are four people on one crew, they each get five stocks.

you can interchange it whichever way you plz.

ANYONE WANNA PLAY TOMORROW?

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
yes i know mathmatically that'd be equal, but i just think it'd be more fair with the same number of people because the skill varies from each player

Gea

Smash Master
OH SNAP is about a 8 hour drive realistically. If that's too far in one day for you talk to Dallas and stay with them overnight.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Yo, how many melee houston players are confirmed for Hobo 19/Test Your Skills 4? Just want to get a head count cause last time we had 22+. I at least want 35+! That will make me :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We had that many at 18? Wow lol who all went to that one?

And considering that that was the same day Final Smash in SA was....It's obvious that melee isn't dying just yet =P

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
yo if anybody drivin to the OK tourney i want to go. its goin be alot of good ppl there.

syba y everytime i txt u about playin u never txt back? and y u not to the next tourney? we'll tell lee not to enter.

lets get this crew thing poppin.

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
replace ronnie with timberbomb and you got yourself a deal

timerbomb/syba, yall should a 3/5 pride match, post the vids in this thread. bam settled

also since we're talkin about smash knowledge and ****...

smashtheory is pretty pointless in my opinion. not tryin to be arrogant but i'm definitely one of the best players here and i don't watch vids, i don't read about character match ups and ****, all i do is play.

it's not a difference between being smart and being technical either, it's the difference between knowing what to do because you read how to do it, and knowing what to do because you actually did it, ya dig?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Playing smart is knowing what to do and when to do it. Ken's entire career was based off of that. He was less technical than I am right now. Although he did have a lot of trouble when he came across a technical player like BombSoldier =/ but he still beat him in the end lol

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Playing smart is knowing what to do and when to do it. Ken's entire career was based off of that. He was less technical than I am right now. Although he did have a lot of trouble when he came across a technical player like BombSoldier =/ but he still beat him in the end lol
lol ken was less technical than u? no ken was very technical, he just didnt need to play technical to win with marth.

Top Bottom