• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOL I hate when people say that....since it doesn't make any sense.

If you're any good then why aren't you winning outside of tournament? You're just relying on everyone else chocking up....

Jake13

Smash Lord
or maybe the real skill comes on when there's pressure...

:D

timerbomb *****. that is all.

also i am FREE to play on WEDNESDAY goddammit

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I can't go that day >_<

And you've barely beaten me outside of tournament lol

The friendlies before that second tournament in Sugar Land you never beat me.

The friendlies at Galveston you only beat my Falcon and Falco.

Popertop

Smash Champion
you only really need one other player determined to get better if you want to succeed.

Get other people from your area to play with, competition is made, not found.

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
friendlies don't really matter that much. not because people aren't trying or anything, i generally try in every match i play, but i mean...friendlies are meant to be enjoyed. sometimes i take risks i would never take in tournament, or i'll try weird combos and **** that i would never risk in tournament and it doesn't always pay off but it's cool cause it's just a friendly. i'd like to be able to play friendlies without thinking the other person is keeping track and basing pure skill off of them.

tournament matches is where it's at; the real competition and a player's consistency and just smart playing will come in tournament matches. don't crack under pressure son

and i'm not tryin to talk trash or anything with any of this, i'm just tryin to explain the whole tournament/friendlies thing everyone seems to talk about.

i am talking trash when i say that i sit my *** at home and rarely play and never travel and will still continue to win in tournament. i'm just that **** good...

edit: gea i work with someone you know

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I mean if we really want to determine who is better than let's play just for that.

Most of what James said it true. The only times I will ever actually think they are not just playing a "friendly" is when they are losing the entire time and seem to be getting frustrated.

Gea

Smash Master
I know you do, Mouf. LOL my girlfriend told me "Hey, Cheryl works with Mouf."

I was like HOWTHE****DOYOUKNOWMOUF?

then silence.

Then MOUFHASAJOB??????????!

Gea

Smash Master
I live in Missouri City. Work/school all week pretty much. I'll try to swing by to stuff occasionally. Would be fun to give you guys someone else to ****.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I can play...in that time period, did you catch that?

Lol Just give me a date and I will see what I can do.

Paul and I are likely going to be the only ones that show up anyway =/

Teach me Brawl and I will teach you melee =P Unless you are nice and just want to learn melee without putting me through that crap xD

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
ya i agree with mouf on the doing crazy stuff in friendlies lol

and syba, i think gea may know more about melee than you >_> no joke

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Syba, Gea...has been playing far longer than you, so I'm *pretty* sure he knows more...

<_<

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ok and???

Can we stop posting useless messages lol when did I say I knew more about it?

That is so pointless putting it here lol we suck too much to travel around =/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's just that you implied you knew more about Melee than Gea because you said you would teach him.

Also, just organize better. Besides having a Brawl tournament every month, there is almost always some sort of small Brawl gathering in Houston somewhere. People need to announce gatherings ahead of time and STOP BEING LAZY. It's simple. :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah...you brawl people always just play with whoever...some of us just want to play with the good people like James Paul and me. So when we complain about no one getting together we are talking about Ronnie and Jake and us three and Gabe pretty much lol

Lol how else would you say it then? I mean I could've said I will teach you how to play melee again. But I didn't think it mattered that much to y'all

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
AAh I wanted to play so bad today but Ronnie didn't answer his phone. Since college started, it has gotten difficult to spare a few hours.

This weekend MUST happen, Mouf, what's up?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Mofos! This weekend is a suck weekend to do anything lol

I am busy tomorrow too =/ and Thursday and Friday wow gosh dang what a fast week this has been >_<

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
i'm taking a hiatus from partyin

paul, von, tarzan, we shall play this weekend. NO MATTER WHAT.

gea i've had a job for awhile sonny. come down and i will teach you how to play melee.

i can say that.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Because you're house is uncool....although your mom did make some pretty broken chocolate fudge things that one time ^_^ James won't drive all the way over there...neither will Tarzan...I rather have a lot more people to play with if I have to drive that far. Paul I think is the same way lol =/ I mean if you can get like 4+ people then sure I'll come xD

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
yo jake im always down to play. if von would stop bein gay and go over there than we wouldnt be have this.

u should try to come this way this weekend since everyone wants to play but i we'll see how that go.

james where do u think we will be playin at? and how much ppl can come?

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
if it's just like you von and paul we can play at my house, otherwise if it's more i'm sure we could find somewhere else to play

jake i'd definitly go over there but my truck isn't in condition to be makin long drives lol. i'd love to go over there if somebody else drove though. i'd give gas money too...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
there's always 3 ppl playing over here :/ yall are wack
Good people =P you're the only one Jake xD
Do you not see the problem here? You're refusing to go, despite there being people who want to play. Who cares if they aren't "good"? It's still someone to play. Considering there are so very few people who actively play Melee, you should take EVERY chance you get. <_<

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well whenever I ask to play people I just mean that I want to play with one of the better players. That is what I am complaining about. I want to play them not just anyone I just want to play them. If I really wanted to play with random people who are medicore then I would just go find a level 1 computer. I wouldn't evne have to drive that far...

I want people who want to learn like Gea and Jerm or people who are good. If they are already decent then they can travel around and stuff since I don't feel like traveling to them lol

I either want people who really suck and want to get good or people who are really good already.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
...gtfo pl0x kthxbai

The better player is always going to teach the worse player something. That's just how it is lol in anything. If they aren't as good then they will learn from good people. And as always he can teach me something I didn't know either.

Gea

Smash Master
No, not really. I can play Super Smash Theory with the best of them, but my hands can't keep up with my head most of the time. :) I could probably teach you a few things, but who knows.

Top Bottom