• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
jeremy whats up.

von u want to team?

if jeremy came i wouldnt mind teamin with him.

and kevin im free from 12-5 tomorrow

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Dang. My class starts at 12. Not sure when I'll get out because it's a lab, and labs kinda start and end whenever they so please. I'll see what I can do...

Jake13

Smash Lord
diglob, skip class be a true smasher.

tuna salad combo FTW

five bucks to whoever knocks me out of losers tmrw! (unless its oscar)

edit: ^ applies only to houstonians

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lol sup robert, i havent seen you in forever, even on the boards LOL. you still play brawl? or have you seen that melee's more awesome? ;]

as for me, im going to school in socal, so ive been finally to play all the ppl i saw on youtube haha. we have like a tournament almost every weekend, and ive been able to improve so much since coming here. texas, i have mixed feelings towards you now...hope all is well! :)

oh man a lot's happened since those gamestop tournies LOL. i hear keiths doin real well in brawl.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
because

i would never had done reasonably well in socal if i didnt have a good foundation, which was from playing in texas.
but, the texas melee scene sucks, especially when i was trying to get good at it (still arent, lol), so it was really frustrating being a melee lover in such a lame melee state.
but, i am doing quite nicely in socal right now, so i guess my time in texas did count for something =p

and, some of you just flat out ignore my posts wtf. =/

dont get me wrong, houston smashers arent bad, and some are pretty good. its just that i dont see the same passion for the game as i see over here, if you know what i mean. of course, im biased now, so meh..

oh, and shoutouts to grinin and crew, please keep playing this game, having new and upcoming players is always a wonderful wonderful sight for sore eyes! :)

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah, I lived in Socal for awhile. It's so hype. Someone always wants to play, there are players of all skill levels, always something going on. I don't play either game as much anymore, but I definitely prefer Melee. I come and go on the boards, which is prolly why you haven't seen me. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Those tournaments were mad fun.

Rep us well in Socal!

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Just be sure to share some of that passion with Houston when you get back, baka. 8)

I'm fighting for the survival of a good game, and everybody in the Texas Melee community is as well. Everybody's necessary, so just try not to take coming back here too hard.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I cant attend I have to work but seriously the next houston thing Im there, I'll take off work for it. You guys know I cant drive.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
naw man, i hate ghey fox more than playing jake and oscar. i mean, i think i did fine against them 4 months ago, and that was 4 months ago..

meh we'll see hopefully therell b a tourney while im visiting :)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
its funny because i had to endure so much more annoying/worse trolling to get that 19th spot. that PASSION. Where is it? =p

lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
why thank you jake, it did take a lot of effort to get that spot, and now even more to keep it. alex19 is good dude haha. i suck =p

results on TYS??

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I kind of got the feeling that Noc was the evil twin. I think it's just the goatee. Evil twins always have goatees.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Ill create the results thread shortly. I need top 3 teams or full results because the bracket never got finished when i checked this morning?

Jake13

Smash Lord
teams top three (from first to third): PawlstotheWalls+Fletcher, TSC+Tarzan, Jake13+Sybawave

Winner's Finals: TSC+Tarzan vs Jake13+Sybawave
Loser's Finals: Jake13+Sybawave
Grand Finals: PawlstotheWalls+Fletcher v TSC+Tarzan (x2)

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Lol I know that, I was saying that's why people were calling him the evil twin haha. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between them just by talking to them now that I think about it.

Top Bottom