• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Hey, thanks a lot. We were going for a new record in not posting in our thread. How are we going to prove to everyone that we're not active if people keep posting..

And might as well say this now lol Yay Noc is coming ^_^ smashfest is about to get fun.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Hey sorry guys I gotta scratch are plans for today, I got a lady friend comming by. She doesn;t seem to be interested in melee much.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol..of course someone in Houston would do this^^

And I'm not sure if we're coming down. No one has said anything about it yet lol

So TSC, Jake, and Oscar, are y'all going to want to go down to Galveston tomorrow?

Jake13

Smash Lord
maybe but if i did i'd prolly take my own car unless you're down to come back at like 8 or 9?

also i want an estimate on the amount of set ups and if you have talked to mouffromdasouf or not?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Not yet. So far one set up but if someone brings a TV we could have two. TSC was talking about bringing his and yeah <.< that's hella early lol last time we were down there until like 3 am.

Noc and Tree, can y'all play anywhere else today?

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Just tell me where in houston smash is going down tonight and I'll be there with a full setup at 6 or 7pm. :) Otherwise, I'll probably play with YCM in kingwood.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You can come to my house if you want to play lol I'm not sure how far you're willing to drive though. I'll be the only smasher here. Unless someone else wants to come over and play with us.

Anyone in the middle'ish side of Houston that can throw a smashfest tonight?

And why can't you play with your brother? Also, I was wondering why we've never seen him before.

Jake13

Smash Lord
yeah but i got werk johns. so i gotta be home by 9

and re-examining it, driving 2 hours for like 4 hours of smash... ehhhh

but if we played at james house... down with the brown

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Well, nobody try too hard to get down to Galveston tomorrow.

(Because then I'll have to study all day today. >_______>; )

I'll do it, though, if anybody wants to come down...just give me some notice.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
You can come to my house if you want to play lol I'm not sure how far you're willing to drive though. I'll be the only smasher here. Unless someone else wants to come over and play with us.

Anyone in the middle'ish side of Houston that can throw a smashfest tonight?

And why can't you play with your brother? Also, I was wondering why we've never seen him before.
I'm getting out of work kinda late and feeling a little lazy so I'm just gonna play YCM tonight. But, I'm free Sunday and basically any weekday night next week. Would be cool to get some NSIC practice.

My brother went to Dallas for the weekend. Historically, melee has not been his fav smash game though he has always been pretty good at it, but I think me and YCM have finally showed him the light hehe.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros before hoes xD.
fixed lol

yo clay what happened to the austin combo video :awesome:
I got a good start on it but recently haven't been working on it much, even though my computer keeps reminding me that my hard drive is almost full due to all the smash club vids lol. I guess I lost some motivation since it's taking a while; finding good combos in all these recordings is like searching for a needle in a haystack! haha jk, I will try to work on it more.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
lololol you've no idea how many times I've not spent time with my girlfriend(s) for smash. Last weekend was definitely an example. Plus in general, it's not that hard to get a girl to come over.

Wow Tree, that was almost as lame as my Noc jokes xD very nice.

And Paul just doesn't want to get ***** by a gang of people. Just one person at a time.

It looks like we are not coming down today, Tarzan lol Kevin has something that he needs to study for and it doesn't look like we'll be able to play for that long.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
lololol you've no idea how many times I've not spent time with my girlfriend(s) for smash. Last weekend was definitely an example. Plus in general, it's not that hard to get a girl to come over.
I don't have any girlfriends. I meet nice young women and they come by and watch movies... sometimes things happen sometimes alot of things happen. That is all.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Nah man... I have to side with Jeremy on this. I'd pass up smash to hang with the girls unless it was something big. I mean it's hard to tell a girlfriend that you're not going to spend time with her because you have to go play a children's video game with a bunch of bros. xD

Although that doesn't mean you should bail out at the last second either. If you commit to something with other people you should probably follow through, but I understand where he was coming from.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
To tell the truth, I play enough video games and there often comes a time when I'd rather chill with the hoes than play smash all day. xD

Not that I don't love smash.:)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Von, I had my time when I was playing Melee everyday with different people. Thats was 2 years ago. Now its just like I play when I can.

Work/School/Etc.Etc. Then melee.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You should get a Cell phone lol I am in Galveston right now <.< I have something to do for my grandparents and I'm going to see if I can play with Tarzan or Kevin afterwards and I can't get on AIM right now lolol

Top Bottom