• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm actually starting to place at these tournaments. What's going on? Could it possibly be that I'm actually getting better at this damn game? xD

I had close games with Noc's brother. I think I could have won, but I messed up and did stupid/dumb **** and SDed and it cost me big. Never the less, I played bad and he deserved the win for it. I'll be sure to be prepared next time. (Plus that stomp falcon punch I got on him in teams made up for the loss just fine :p)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
"Just so everybody knows, Melee's top 5 in Houston are: RoyR(falcon), SideEffect(fox), Sethlon(roy), TGM/xyro(samus), G@be(falcon). The ranking was ended march 2008 due to 95% of the melee scene switching to brawl.
"

=D

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i don't know who josh is, but good **** my man. that is a smart thing to do, hope you enjoy playing such an awesome game.

congrats to oscar for winning.

hmm i want to play you guys again, in tournament, and see how im doing :grin:

good stuff to grinin and crew for continuing to play. please keep playing! :) one piece of advice, which may or may not apply to you, just wanted to share it, is that you shouldn't focus on results, but just focus on getting better. it really helps.

also after texas has some more tournies and the community begins to grow again i highly suggest a pr. i'll admit im biased but i think it really does motivate people to get better...

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Oh I completely agree. I pretty much don't focus on results at all so much as who I play and learning from my mistakes and advice that's given to me. Really I kind of prefer playing serious friendlies so that it has a casual feel but I can still learn and get advice when I mess up.

Speaking of which, me and Michael may drive up to Austin for NSIC. I'm pretty hyped to see the guys from AZ play.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Now that you guys so hyped on melee, come play me. 713-518-7166 in med center 5min away from houston zoo.

And to Von, Oh, you shining now? Let me show teach you something bout shining.

Anyone who wants to practice can come by my crib, I was playing today and I realized somethings you never forget. Kinda surprised at all I can do in this game still. Really wish I could have gone to the tourney.

@kailo, lol at that quote from Alan. Last time I played Ronnie... LOL.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Von, I hope you've gotten better than me. I really do, cause I'd like a challenge seeing how Ronnie no longer plays, and Jake will always be Jake...13...

Tarzan come over and practice wit me anytime 713-518-7166

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I really want to go to NSIC, but I probably wont be able to. Pus there is a concert I want to go to on the same day.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
jeremy u know i would come and play u but i dont have a car.

von if u dont want to drive let me drive yo car :D

MT_

Smash Ace
YO BAKA

I'm going to be in LA, free all day on Monday May 16th. Do you think people will be down for smash with me? Hopefully finals won't interfere.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
sup mt. quite possibly, though i can't say for certain since thats still a bit away. is monday the only time youll be free? also, will you have a car/a means to get around?

i might be able to ask some friends *cough johnny and oscar *cough to meet up if i'm/we're not busy :)

MT_

Smash Ace
Yeah Monday is the only time I'm gonna be free. My sister is graduating from Pomona College on Sunday and I'm leaving on Tuesday. I think I'll be able to get around but I'm not 100% sure on that yet.

Are Johnny and Oscar = s2j and Lovage?? Because that'd be freaking awesome!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
=[ i take it saturday and/or sunday night is out of the question? also ya getting around would be very good.

yes, s2j and lovage. :grin: although i can't make any guarantees, as it is a monday....maybe i can get westballz to come, lol if you've ever heard of him.

try to remind me as it gets closer, and i'll see what i can do. at the very least i may be able to invite some people to my place (in pasadena), and hopefully we can show you how socal does it. :)

MT_

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll mention it when it comes closer to that time. I'll have to see if I can work around Saturday/Sunday night but they're more than likely not going to be happen. Thanks man!

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Josh has gotten a lot better since he quit Brawl (good move haha).
still got a ways to go heh, just don't practice enough. Got beat pretty bad by Paul and TSC lol
our Attack of the Clones team did pretty well tho :awesome:

and i still wish sheik could DACUS in melee xp

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I want to play Friday too! I get off work at 6pm. I work in the medical center so this couldn't be more convenient heh.

Top Bottom