• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hello Houston.. Vectorman here..Axe and Myself are interested in attending a tournament or big fest either here or any of the four states that corner Arizona....Axe and myself represent AZ melee in a small town Sierra Vista.. Sadly both of us leave during the time around March so we were hoping If Texas/New Mexico, California/Utah/Colorado are hosting anything before March that is somewhat big.. It'd be really nice and Axe and I are determined to find one upcoming.. Please if you have any information please post it in our SV AZ thread NO Brawl < all Melee and post there... We both really want to go out and see the world/community of Melee!....

Thank you! =)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
For once Allan has a point. Since you don't have much time to play SSBM anymore you can work on a game that doesn't take much effort and is easy XD

And you should play their Ganons lol especially Paul's
actually its very hard. just in different ways. and if you picked up brawl it would be even harder for you(like me) since you have a melee mindset.

plus, melee is dead. advance and meet hundreds of new people.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hello Houston.. Vectorman here..Axe and Myself are interested in attending a tournament or big fest either here or any of the four states that corner Arizona....Axe and myself represent AZ melee in a small town Sierra Vista.. Sadly both of us leave during the time around March so we were hoping If Texas/New Mexico, California/Utah/Colorado are hosting anything before March that is somewhat big.. It'd be really nice and Axe and I are determined to find one upcoming.. Please if you have any information please post it in our SV AZ thread NO Brawl < all Melee and post there... We both really want to go out and see the world/community of Melee!....

Thank you! =)

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
actually its very hard. just in different ways. and if you picked up brawl it would be even harder for you(like me) since you have a melee mindset.

**** off etc.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
:laugh::laugh: this made me laugh hard dude. brawl is not hard. its one of those game that is so simple that even if you don't play it for a while your skill doesn't change drastically, unlike melee.If I were to play brawl again, not much would have changed. Brawl is just that limited

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
:laugh::laugh: this made me laugh hard dude. brawl is not hard. its one of those game that is so simple that even if you don't play it for a while your skill doesn't change drastically, unlike melee.If I were to play brawl again, not much would have changed. Brawl is just that limited
How come every time I read your posts, I always hear it in my head with your accent?

That is the only thing I liked about Brawl, meeting new people. But then I was meeting so many people that were ignorant about melee and it was just annoying. I don't think melee is dead, just badly injured right now. When I went to the previous HOBO at Lee college nobody beat me except one Snake player named RanJi or something, and then Bwett won one against me, but I won all my other friendlies. I was doing well, but I did not have fun doing it. I didn't get satisfaction from winning. The possibilities are too limited and each match felt like it was the same thing.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOL that happens to me with Dawn's posts XD

And if I wanted to meet new kids, then I'd probably go back to church lol the SSBB players are too small and annoying...or something Idk but they are too dumb for me to try to talk to

And you skill can change if you don't play?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
LOL that happens to me with Dawn's posts XD

And if I wanted to meet new kids, then I'd probably go back to church lol the SSBB players are too small and annoying...or something Idk but they are too dumb for me to try to talk to

And you skill can change if you don't play?
The brawl players aren't bad people to hang out with, but like Clueless said it's annoying when it shows that they haven't played Melee, or rather to me, don't know anything about competitive gaming or worse, think they know when they have a scrub attitude.

However this sometimes applies to Melee (I say this because of the people that try to boast Melee as the ONLY fighting game that matters and get ultra upset when someone criticizes it. Every fighting game and its community has something to be criticized about.)

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
How come every time I read your posts, I always hear it in my head with your accent?
ummm......idk if I'm supposed to take this as a compliment or an insult I'm confused :( :laugh:
is my accent bad?

you hit this right on the spot.

The brawl players aren't bad people to hang out with, but like Clueless said it's annoying when it shows that they haven't played Melee, or rather to me, don't know anything about competitive gaming or worse, think they know when they have a scrub attitude.

However this sometimes applies to Melee (I say this because of the people that try to boast Melee as the ONLY fighting game that matters and get ultra upset when someone criticizes it. Every fighting game and its community has something to be criticized about.)
thats what happens to the majority of the brawl community, and its going on specially at the houston brawl thread.

and you're also right about the ppl who only play melee . its actually quiet funny when you see it happenning

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I love playing SSBB lol with Items on though lol remember when we first began (I'm assuming y'all did this too since everyone didn't start right off the bat at being pro) and we would do things like "Hyrule Temple Race" lol and Dodge Ball and things? Yeah, that's my main incentive to playing SSBB XD I can only handle playing it competitively for about...30m on a good day lol

Who wants to play?

And did y'all **** in San Antonio?

dawiyz

Smash Rookie
hey im new to houston from the vi an ive never been to a tournament or anything but ive heard that you guys are on a diffrent level an ive got to see this hands on!! but i dont know where to go to challenge others !can you help me? thanks

Shök

Smash Champion
5504 Irvington 77009 turn on Milwaukee St.

There is Dawn's address.

Hope you have fun, Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom