• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Good Job to Dawn and Syba for beating Hylian even though I knew you already would beat him, cause he's not good. Sorry I couldnt make it but I dont go to anything with Brawl...so see yall at Aarons on the 31st.
dude, a new john. awesome!

*adds to the list of johns jeremy has used in the past*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
King Mosquito's Posts + Allan's < His Johns
I agree.

There is no way KM and Allans posts combined could even come close to the amount of Johns Jeremy has made.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
i warned you the ship was sinking.
Why did your that quote you put say that Jeremy Feifer was the original poster when Sybawave was? BTW, the ship is only sinking here in Tx because there are people like you here to bash melee. In Cali, melee is still very popular. I've got nothing against you Xyro, i'm just saying that deez is fax.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Why did your that quote you put say that Jeremy Feifer was the original poster when Sybawave was? BTW, the ship is only sinking here in Tx because there are people like you here to bash melee. In Cali, melee is still very popular. I've got nothing against you Xyro, i'm just saying that deez is fax.
im glad u brought up cali cause i just went there 3 weeks ago.

brawl turn out was 179 players.

melee was 76 i think? when it used to be in the hundreds........

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melee is dead. sinking ship. you still have a chance to be saved. my arms are out to grab your hand. just ask and i will save you.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I'll MM you in 3rd strike. Be warned, I've actually played the game, unlike the people you've been challenging.

hmmm my master plan was discovered..... ok i will mm you 5 bucks 2 out of three no counter picking(ghey in third strike) sound good?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

melee is dead. sinking ship. you still have a chance to be saved. my arms are out to grab your hand. just ask and i will save you.
Right..... but there are still people quitting Brawl and going back to Melee.

(Plus it's not like those numbers are full of people that play competitively, there's still plenty of scrubs entering Brawl tournaments.)

I'd rather say Melee is on the comeback.

I'd rather not delude myself into liking a game thank you very much excuse me while I play something I enjoy :lick:

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Sybawave, I'm sure there are more options than waiting to play better people. This is the same thing that's been happening a few years back. Right now, this is all we have.

Jeremy, what you have just posted has shown your true side to all of us. That kind of attitude is suspected to be on the path to the Dark Side. You told me that you wanted to play Melee against other people, but when there was a chance to play them, you didn't want to show up because of a small hint of Brawl being there. You had your chance when Axxo was hosting his STDs and another one during Onicon'08. If you really wanted to play Melee, you would have already.

Aaron, I actually like how you are hosting your tourney on my bday. You even wanted me to come when I told you, so I can't pass an offer like that. So with that being said, I'll be coming to chaingrab ALL of you.:ganondorf:. I recommend everyone who's going to be there to show me what you got.
(can't stay long tho.)

We might as well change this topic to Houston 3s Thread. I have a pretty good Ken/Chun/Yun...

;>

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Hey can everyone stop saying "johns" WTF is that? That sounds so FKING nerdy, just say excuses. Couple things... Why is Hylian and Allan in this thread? Why arent you two somewhere giving head to Mew2Faq somewherE?

I live to far to play any of you now, and Metal Gear is amazing so if anyone actually wants to get owned by me in melee you'll have to drive to come see me, otherwise stop talking about how I dont show cause everyone who says that I would beat in melee anyway. Thanx and good day.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Who is Onii Chan?

I don't know where that is...why can't we just meet up at Axxo's?

What other options do I have Xzalla? My tech skill is refined enough...I mean I guess I could try to look more like Hylian, Tb, and Dawn but that takes a lot of work lol I rather continue to beat them than look as good as them =P

Well, looks like I am going to show up at that tournament then lol if it is Josh's birthday and he wants to get owned on it then might as well give it to him as a birthday present lol

We should do a survey on how old those SSBB players are and what their intelligence is XD

And stop talking about that game lol if y'all talk about it anymore Imight be forced into getting >_<

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace

I gave Brawl more than a chance, I picked it up with high hopes, got pretty good I guess, realized that the game is very limited in possibilities and skill, gave it more time, but ultimately gave in to the inevitable. I realized that I wasn't impressed by anything that happened in Brawl aside from some matches including Diddy Kong. So I went back to melee and jizzing in my pants.

Melee will grow again.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Sybawave said:
What other options do I have Xzalla? My tech skill is refined enough...I mean I guess I could try to look more like Hylian, Tb, and Dawn but that takes a lot of work lol I rather continue to beat them than look as good as them =P
Any options to helping anyone who isn't good enough at the game, and wants to get better, get better. They all have their problems and they probably want to fix them.

Sybawave said:
Well, looks like I am going to show up at that tournament then lol if it is Josh's birthday and he wants to get owned on it then might as well give it to him as a birthday present lol >_<
..Bring it! >.<

Jeremy Feifer said:
.. .stop talking about how I dont show cause everyone who says that I would beat in melee anyway.
The people who you were trying to play told you that you didn't show up. You said you gotten good and some of us wanted to play you. Hell, I even tried to get people to play you cuz I saw you get better. You were too busy starting mess with people more times than you actually played them.

You built up so much skill and it came down to you being flamed in the end. I'm sure our convenience made your time worth while. But you probably don't care since you're done with Melee for a while anyway.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
AT sybawave ok i will go to andrews if you wanna play i live 3 blocks away from there alot of people know onii chan.

AT exella dude those are all top tier lol and there cool. Chun li ***ot broken.... but i like using her i main dudley. enough said.

also so i stop getting infractions from my post being smaller than my sig.

I got pretty good at melee i think i stoped being falshy and started trying to WIN.

Exzalla is the coolest guy on the boards in my opinion also i wanna now where the hell i get my name changed at Gabe tell me where to do this

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Bacon should get back into Fox lol that Ganon and Falcon need too much work

I forgot about helping people get better XD man I sound so selfish lol thanks a lot Josh >=O but I do play Dawn and I am helping him get better lol at least that is what I hope is happening after beating him and ****** him so much XD

So if you got good at SSBM and started winning you shouldn't mind a MM against a "slow" (Don't compare Tb and Dawn 'cause they are ARs) player =)

And I'll definitely bring it lol (I just bought 5 new games too =( guess I'll have to wait till after I **** everyone)

I'm unaware of JF's skill in the past since I am fairly new lol but if he did get better since the Neanderthals tournament then I would love to play him too bad he is "quitting". I trust Xzalla's judgment on your skill so I wish you my condolences

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOLOL I meant consistently....I play them a lot and you're off in college lol we only played 2 times this break lol we need to play some more. If I made a list of people I have played or play once in a while then it'd be like everyone's name.

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
3 times actually XD
but the first two were back to back days

Edit: [At this point] nobody knows me here but Sybawave so y'all might not care, but I'm probably heading back to college on the 17th, so I definitely cannot make it to the tournament on the 31st.
Anything I can go to before then that's not too far?

Edit 2: changed date I'm leaving from the 18th to the 17th

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We need to contact Axxo and see what's up I am hoping he can do something this Saturday

Wolfeye Four stocks me constantly btw so be afraid of him...he even took out 2 of M2k's stocks O_O

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Rawr I hate it when M2k disses on Ken or tries to make him look like he isn't all that we think he is >=o

I didn't notice I had more posts than Xzalla XD

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
ATTENTION ANYONE WHO IS DRIVING TO FINAL SMASH 5:

THE LOOP 410/BANDERA EXIT WILL BE CLOSED SO TAKE THIS ROUTE

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM I-10 OR I-35

It seems every time I have a big tournament they close this extremely important exit.

OPTION 1:If you take 410 W take I-10 W to Huenber Rd and make a left at the light. Take it all the way down to where it intersects Bandera Rd and Gamelot will be on your right.

OPTION 2: take Loop 1604 W until you reach the Bandera exit and take a left, heading down until you see Huenber, where you will take a left, and Gamelot will be on the corner with the Church's chicken.

The doors open at NOON, aka 12 pm

If things go correctly I will have everything set up on Friday night so we're not having to scramble things together like the previous tournaments. HOWEVER I will ask Cliff to see if he's willing to have the doors open a little earlier. I will repost if that opens and update accordingly.

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
Axxo still hosting his thing tomorrow?
If so, who's going?

I doubt I'm going to drive out to San Antonio for FS5, and even if I do it would just be for the Sunday Melee portion.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Everything lol? Have you not seen Xzalla or Paul? Why try to use a character who isn't that good to begin with when you have a perfectly good Fox that doesn't need that much more technical improvement

Bacn

Smash Rookie
Everything lol? Have you not seen Xzalla or Paul? Why try to use a character who isn't that good to begin with when you have a perfectly good Fox that doesn't need that much more technical improvement
my ganon isnt terrible o_0 and ganon *****!

well anyways i suppose i can work on my fox someday....barely have any playing time

Sybawave

Smash Ace
For once Allan has a point. Since you don't have much time to play SSBM anymore you can work on a game that doesn't take much effort and is easy XD

And you should play their Ganons lol especially Paul's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom