• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Brawl.
Nyucknyucknyuck

Seriously though, I dunno =/ I haven't heard from him in a while either.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Where's Roy_R gone to? I want a convincing answer.
He's been really busy with work and school as of late and now lives by himself. He's missed quite a few smash events already. Once exams are over, he should be free for smash anytime. :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Marth doesn't use a gun <_<

And at least Sethlon still plays lol wtf is RT doing in here XD

EDIT: Though his sword does reach farther than a gun XD

Chris.T.

Smash Rookie
FINALS RULE!!!!
yay, i got a microbiology final to study for. its way funner than brawl.

xeno

Smash Ace
I can't remember if I posted here before, just moved back to Texas from Australia, anyways I just got a cellphone 832.244.3754, I live in the Kingwood/Humble area, I main Fox, I'm interested in playing Melee weeknights or weekends.
Also (short notice!), I'll be in Houston near the Galleria this afternoon / evening with my controller in my car so if anyone wants to hit me up for some Melee, go for it.
Edit: Weekly meets on Saturday, for real? I'll be there this Saturday!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Breathing is more fun than barlw -_-

Xeno...go to Axxo's house on Saturday for a Smashfest...unfortunately SSBB will be there also but mostly SSBM (or at least there has always been more SSBM player showing up there for that) you can find information on it on the first page of this thread.

I can't play today because of a final I have tomorrow sorry...but any other day you'd like to get ***** I'd be happy to service you free of charge. Wednesday from whenever-8 I want to play since I got done with my hard finals

Velox

Smash Ace
FINALS RULE!!!!
yay, i got a microbiology final to study for. its way funner than brawl.
I have to agree with you there.

Xeno - That's awesome, we'll have to play sometime. Welcome to Houston I guess, what are you doing in Kingwood/Humble (the northeast side of Houston is crime-central BTW..)?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
If you live in Kingwood then Axxo's house is really close to you and it'll be just like your house according to Velox and Revised (I don't think either of those areas are that bad)

Btw...I just looked at the map and I couldn't find Magnolia...I tried to look around Springs are and I couldn't find it so I scrolled a little farther up and I saw Tomball and I STILL couldn't find it and then I accidentally went too far up and I saw at College Station and then I see Magnolia XD y'all are so far away you're actually pretty close to Egypt

Fight DAWN!!! He is really good...but I could take him without any trouble =P jk jk (ima dy nao)

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
If you live in Kingwood then Axxo's house is really close to you and it'll be just like your house according to Velox and Revised (I don't think either of those areas are that bad)

Btw...I just looked at the map and I couldn't find Magnolia...I tried to look around Springs are and I couldn't find it so I scrolled a little farther up and I saw Tomball and I STILL couldn't find it and then I accidentally went too far up and I saw at College Station and then I see Magnolia XD y'all are so far away you're actually pretty close to Egypt

Fight DAWN!!! He is really good...but I could take him without any trouble =P jk jk (ima dy nao)
me and vik will **** you and dawn. WHAT i said it do something about it.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Couple things:

>James. Cool 2/3 5$ will work out splendid.

>Von. You beat me alot last time we played at Chris T.'s house, so with that said I think we should have a money match. 2/3 for 5$?

>The guy from Austialia. I live in Humble, 5mintes from Kingwood and Ill be calling you soon cause Im going to the Galleria today. And I keep a gamecube and a controller with smash in m trunk at all times.

Also, how bad do I have to beat everyone until they acknowledge that Im close if not on Sethlon, Gabes, and Moufs level. Please do not compare me to Dawn, Von, Timerbomb or anyone else. Im good, just not as good as ^theses 3... but close.

Jake13, 5$ mm?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
So I'm thinking I'm about to pick up Melee.
seriously, you should. It is so much more fun, there are WAY many options for incorporating mindgames with every character, the game also has better balance. Watching people play melee is actually intense and impressive.

Most of the good competitive Brawlers that are melee converts acknowledge that Melee is a better competitive game. Just for the record.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Most of the good competitive Brawlers that are melee converts acknowledge that Melee is a better competitive game. Just for the record.
Quoted for truth.

It's just a shame that right now Brawl+ makes me want to play Melee instead.

Brawl is like driving a bus.... Melee is like driving a sports car. You just have more control over your character.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Quoted for truth.

It's just a shame that right now Brawl+ makes me want to play Melee instead.

Brawl is like driving a bus.... Melee is like driving a sports car. You just have more control over your character.
That's not even it though.
There's no shield pressure for a broad majority of the cast.
Everything is shieldgrabbable. LIke everything.

Velox

Smash Ace
well, let me put it this way, I've gotten near mugged a couple of times between the area of 45 to I-10 on the northeast side. I-10/610 area is known to be real bad, and that's not even talking Gunspoint (Greenspoint Mall).

yeah, on Wii launch night in Channel view me and some friends came very very close to getting mugged/stabbed at a Whataburger at like 2-3 in the morning.

And has everyone forgotten that smashfest with the taser? omg Where was that anyway? Oh wait, that was northwest lol. Don't tase me bro.

I still like Houston though, in fact, coming back from Dallas reminds me how much better Houston is.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
"I still like Houston though, in fact, coming back from Dallas reminds me how much better Houston is."
^^So true

Lol who has Dawn's number? We need to settle this...actually I COULD just play you both myself >=)

Jeremy: Sandbag much??? But even if you weren't I wouldn't want you to go broke lol You're already going to lose to Jake13 and James XD jk

"Also, how bad do I have to beat everyone until they acknowledge that Im . . . not on . . . Dawn, Von, Timerbomb [level]. Im good, just not as good as ^theses 3... but close."

QFT^^

Esca = Amazing (only if he DOES pick up SSBM)

So Paul...want to play anytime soon?

Chris: WTF are you doing at Whataburger at 2-3 am XD you had that one coming...and never been to Greenspoint before...not sure I want to now though lol

And what's this taser thing?

Velox

Smash Ace
lol, I know XD There were these 2 shady guys trying to sell us drugs, but I'm sure that they were there to mug us, but there was 4 of us and 2 of them :)

Heh, we were all at a smashfest at Jake13's house like a year and a half ago, and we had to leave for some reason. So we all campaign to a near McDonald's to decide where else we can go play; Enter taser.
I think it was TGM first who noticed the guy outside with the taser trying to attack(?) some other guy in a truck, I guess they had some "misunderstanding" but it was **** funny watching it. The thing was hugh, like 2 feet long with prongs at the end and you could see the electricity like jump between the 2.
Then Allan like plasters his face against the window and we're all like, "oh ****". hilarious

heh, that's it.. there was like 15 smashers there too, so it was most of the active community at the time.

Jake13

Smash Lord
mouf and jeremy: i'll $5 mm both of you if you go to anything/if i go to anything

sybawave: $5 mm?

edit: Chris where the **** have you been? come over with Gabe to my place this weekend

xeno

Smash Ace
Wednesday might be possible, but I've got work and don't know when that will end.
This Saturday should be fine though, I hope you guys are good at melee :)
edit: msn: quantumpotato at hotmail

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Aww...that's one less n00b we have to play =( XD jk but man...that sucks...and Thursday is cool

Gabe said you had a Peach...that's why I didn't want to play you XD And it looks like we can't play then lol

And we all suck at Smash Xeno...the entire south side of Houston just recently learned what WD is and we've been practicing every weekend at Axxo's...I just don't see how someone can Jump AND airdodge so quickly =/

Velox

Smash Ace
It's JAKE! Dude, I've been dead up until about 3 weeks ago, but yeah, I can do something this weekend, my finals will be over as of this Thursday. I'll be close to U guys this coming summer though, that's when I'll be moving down to UoH.

heh, we need to play Halo again, that was tons of fun

yeah it's 3 o'clock in the morning >> I've been having some Fight Club-like insomnia..

Gabe wishes Jake still played Peach. Gabe has had legendary struggles with Peach. He thinks everyone is just waiting to pull that Peach on him in tournament :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom