• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homing Attack

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I guess for offensive uses, it's probably better off as a followup after an spindash hit (any phase, lol). Forever ago, Terios had an offstage D-air > HA pseudo-combo but everyone's too scared to try it LOL
....I did? A Dair combo sounds more like an Anthinus thing. If I ever did that to you it was an accident and a stroke of luck. lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
....I did? A Dair combo sounds more like an Anthinus thing. If I ever did that to you it was an accident and a stroke of luck. lol
Nope lol

It was TwinkleToes.

O_o;

did he died?

Homing Dair: Done by dairing into an enemy and then doing a homing attack to cancel the dair. If done correctly, the homing attack will send you up and into your opponent and knock them even further from the stage. Sometimes it is necessary to use your mid-air jump first to get close enough to your enemy to home into them, but this is dangerous since if you miss you will need to up-b very quickly to keep from dying.

Tenki

Smash Hero
probably sweetspot, otherwise you end up ... far away from your opponent and die.

But it was meant to gimp only some characters, like Fox / Falco lol.

I still have never gotten around to trying it myself :/

Let's not forget SonicX580's mysterious "F-shot" technique that he made himself.

Take a guess what it's made of lol.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
So this Homing Dair technique is for use against fast fallers mainly? Lol I found my new trick to try.
Also Homing attack is a good ok mixup when someone is juggling you, also I use it as a good indicator of skill of the person I'm playing. Like if they get hit more than 2 or 3 times in one match without it being unavoidable/ do not punish it, I don't really bother practicing with them.
Ever.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty awesome at that moment where you end up stuck under the stage, you know, the part where your opponent starts gloating since you just lost a life. But wait.. you're sonic. Use HA while they taunt, bounce off the bottom of the stage towards the edge (hopefully), use spring. Watch while your opponent craps his pants when you end up next to his taunt charging your forward smash. The last part has only happened once in my life..

Oh yea, if they spot dodge while you do HA, you're pretty much dead. But you were dead anyway, so HA is worth a shot if you end up under the stage w/out a second jump.

Other than that, I use it sparingly when coming out of my spin dash if I miss the opponent but SDJ over their heads. It works well sparingly.
Mostly use it for recovery.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
To home means to follow, correct? Not with Sonic. Calling this move a homing attack is blasphemis, IT DOES NOT FOLLOW, IT ONLY LOCKS ON THAN FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH THE GIVEN PATH. If it were to home, it would not miss.
And with that logic, no one should use Homing Attack.
/thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought we already established that HA as a direct offensive attack is pointless.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I do not approve of that fix.

Top Bottom