• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
especially considering things like BootMii are actively anti-piracy which is one of the issues with homebrew being discussed here.
All 3 are very anti-piracy, and I think DVDX 3.4 (before Twiizer's, I mean comex's DVDX) even had a piracy checker that wouldn't let you continue if you had pirated software installed on your Wii. (I still think this was a good idea)

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Lucky me I definitely did purchase my Wii before 2008. Still though, it's a fine time for me to get heavily interested in making custom textures just when I go and update my system to 4.0. Wouldn't have mattered though, 'cause I had to send off my Wii for repairs, so it probably would of been updated anyway. =/

Thing is as far as custom textures go, there's a plethora of information for getting them to work on Brawl, but it's extremely scarce regarding how the process actually goes or what it looks like to be editing these textures. Makes the wait all the more frustrating now. =(

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find what I'm after. Basically... I have homebrew and my wii's version is 3.4. I've just got Madworld, and when I went to play it, it's asking for a system update. This will obviously give me version 4.0. Will this stop my homebrew channel from working properly if I continue with the update?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find what I'm after. Basically... I have homebrew and my wii's version is 3.4. I've just got Madworld, and when I went to play it, it's asking for a system update. This will obviously give me version 4.0. Will this stop my homebrew channel from working properly if I continue with the update?
You can install softmii or starfall which allow youto disable disc updates.
I thought all System Updates did was install the IOS's by the disc used to play the game? I put in Brawl in a 3.2U wii and did a System Update and it didn't connect to the internet or install a new System Menu.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I thought all System Updates did was install the IOS's by the disc used to play the game? I put in Brawl in a 3.2U wii and did a System Update and it didn't connect to the internet or install a new System Menu.
No they don't.
The IOS installed offers support, little things like make the wii flash blue on error.
Or supporting wii speak.
Older games never use those IOS.

Or you can use safe update 4.0 by waninko its on gbatemp.
You can get the IOS without having to worry about losing homebrew support

operator11

Smash Cadet
Mods, if you don't think this should be allowed to be discussed on Smashboards, then by all means edit out my post.

But I think I have news for those with 4.0 wii's without homebrew: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153378

Simply put, BootMii, Bannerbomb and DVDX is all coming out in one package, and it's going to be released in the next few weeks. Although, I dunno when the exact release date is, and I would NOT ask him either.

I think the code for Bannerbomb is already done, just not released, and bushing just gave us a reason why.
Cant wait to see this, but GBAtemp is down at the moment (AGAIN). If Bushing has given a reason to delay bannerbomb, then it must be real (I was having some doubts) coz he is a reliable source.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Now there are rumors out that Bannerbomb/BootMii will come out later today (Link to Source) straight from crediar.
I wouldn't be surprised if those things don't get released today. You know how rumors can cause an outrage when they're false. It happened with the April 28 rumor.

Only when Wiibrew.org truly mentions about the release will I be sold. But even now, there's no news relating to Comex's exploit (nor is there an article about it) nor BootMii.

I know I should be positive about this, but rumors are just rumors after all.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I saw this, but on #wiidev crediar's name is "crediar" not "@crediar", and I doubt he would release information this abruptly. However, I hope this is true, is there any more info on this?
Crediar has op-ed privileges on IRC just like bushing and co, so that's how his name has a @ in it.

I wouldn't be surprised if those things don't get released today. You know how rumors can cause an outrage when they're false. It happened with the April 28 rumor.

Only when Wiibrew.org truly mentions about the release will I be sold. But even now, there's no news relating to Comex's exploit (nor is there an article about it) nor BootMii.

I know I should be positive about this, but rumors are just rumors after all.
You're kinda right, and when I read the thread honestly, I just shrugged because I knew it was another fake release rate and there'd be a new "release date" in a week or two. :ohwell:

operator11

Smash Cadet
Crediar has op-ed privileges on IRC just like bushing and co, so that's how his name has a @ in it.

You're kinda right, and when I read the thread honestly, I just shrugged because I knew it was another fake release rate and there'd be a new "release date" in a week or two. :ohwell:
So it wont be released today, and wil not be released along with bootmii and dvdx4.0 ???

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So it wont be released today, and wil not be released along with bootmii and dvdx4.0 ???
Idk, it could either be true or it could be rumor spreading. Wait til tomorrow to make sure. Two "release date's" for Bannerbomb, in early April and April 28th went by and no bannerbomb, so I'm not holding my breath for this one

my wii is LU50 but 4.0u , this exploit work in my wii?
Yes

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well one thing is for certain for me. I've had my Wii since Christmas 2006, and it still works; my Wii's barcode starts with LU30. It should easily be compatible with BootMii.

operator11

Smash Cadet
Well one thing is for certain for me. I've had my Wii since Christmas 2006, and it still works; my Wii's barcode starts with LU30. It should easily be compatible with BootMii.
I got mine early 2008, so it should be fine.

Also, ive had some problems with "efnet". I connected successfully once, but every time after that, it says that im banned (this is the error message: *** Banned (cache)). Any help?

shumaru

Smash Rookie
thanks now i need to wait , and see the tutorial for install the HBC in My wii , for finally play brawl + an use some texture , and play with emu lol , plz comex release the exploit , and thanks for all that hard work you have to do with this exploit :gameboy:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Just a reminder, Assisting people in setting up homebrew, linking to sites that do help you set up homebrew, linking to sites with hacking resources are against the policies of Smash World Forums.

D

Deleted member

but currently there is no hack that functions, so would linking to sitesthat talk about an upcoming hack fall under that catergory?

shumaru

Smash Rookie
:dizzy: for this exploit i need internet , is already release go to wiibrew.org
dam some one delete the page

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bannerbomb isn't working very well atm....
Funny, because I downloaded it so that I could get the HBC back. It did involve using the steps for downgrading from 4.0 though. Fortunately for me, I got the HBC back on my Wii, and I didn't even have to downgrade my System Menu (which is still 4.0).

At least now I don't have to worry about Comex's exploit anymore. All that's left for me is BootMii.

In other words, I'm officially back to texture hacking again.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Bannerbomb is work up now?

Somebody hit me up on AIM (skylerocon) and help me set it up.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Bannerbomb is definitely out and CONFIRMED WORKING with my Wii. OMG

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nice, so far it doesn't work with GeckOS but BootMii is being worked on or something which will allow you to install Homebrew. DONT UPGRADE YOUR WII.
Yeah, when I first tried Gecko OS with Comex's exploit, I kept getting code dumps whenever I tried to run Brawl. However, I then decided to try to get back the HBC.

Normally the HBC can't be installed onto 4.0, but it's possible to do it if you follow the right steps. Sadly, I can't tell you how to do it here, so you'll have to figure it out yourself if you're lucky enough to grab hold of Comex's exploit.

Still, isn't it strange that the news about Comex's exploit isn't on WiiBrew.org anymore? Good thing I got hold of it before that happened.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I've got the Bannerbomb, but I need someone who's installed the Homebrew Channel with it to tell me what you did to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom