• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So he's not going to release it before his birthday? or will he release it tomorrow (or not at all).
Again, we don't know. We can only wait until we finally get news about the release.

There's also no way to download a cIOS on wii 4.0 is there? (If you haven't already) Even if you already have the HBC...
There is a way to downgrade from 4.0 without a cIOS, but since the new exploit isn't out yet, you'll have to rely on the HBC to do it. No HBC, you can't downgrade at the moment.

Regarding the cIOS, I can't help you there, nor can I talk about it.

operator11

Smash Cadet
comex is the ultimate troll :p
What do u mean, it hasn't been released yet, I will agree with you when it is released.

Second of all, I wanted to know if BaNNeRBoMB will work with 3.2E, 3.4E and 4.0E, not just 3.2U, 3.4U and 4.0U

PS: Happy birthday Comex (now plz release BaNNeRBoMB):urg:

comboking

Smash Master
Happy birthday.

(He is never going to look here)

So with BaNNeRBoMB you don't have to have the HBC on the wii?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What do u mean, it hasn't been released yet, I will agree with you when it is released.

Second of all, I wanted to know if BaNNeRBoMB will work with 3.2E, 3.4E and 4.0E, not just 3.2U, 3.4U and 4.0U

PS: Happy birthday Comex (now plz release BaNNeRBoMB):urg:
It should work, regardless of what region your Wii is in. There's at least one video of the exploit being used on System Menu 4.0E.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IKiKj_T9lA

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
There is a way to downgrade from 4.0 without a cIOS, but since the new exploit isn't out yet, you'll have to rely on the HBC to do it. No HBC, you can't downgrade at the moment.
If you're talking about AnyRegionChanger, that didn't seem to work for me. After I told it to downgrade to 3.2U the Wii System info still said 4.0U. (Though the next time I tried to play Brawl the Wii said it needed an update)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you're talking about AnyRegionChanger, that didn't seem to work for me. After I told it to downgrade to 3.2U the Wii System info still said 4.0U. (Though the next time I tried to play Brawl the Wii said it needed an update)
AnyRegion Changer requires an IOS that accepts fake signatures. If you want to downgrade from System Menu 4.0, try looking at the guide inside the link below.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

It's unknown if this downgrade guide works with Comex's exploit, but there's no other way to install the HBC right now but to downgrade from 4.0.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
wait , i need HBC for the exploid ? , i only have a Wii 4.0u , updating for accident brb , hate wiishop

operator11

Smash Cadet
So.. it's the 29th, will Comex release it today? Hope he does, but he may postpone it (I hasten to add) again

operator11

Smash Cadet
PS: Dantarion, seeing as you know how Comex is getting along, and I understand that it is his choice when he releases it, but why has he not released it on his birthday.

operator11

Smash Cadet
I wanted to know if you can downgrade from 4.0E to 3.1E using this technique (does it work)

1. Turn on 4.0E wii and insert a 3.1U version of Mario Kart Wii (or another game containing a 3.1U update)

2. When it asks for an update, do it.

3. Then, the wii should be semi bricked, (hopefully not fully bricked).

4. After this, insert a 3.1E version of Mario Kart Wii. Do the update.

5. The wii should be 3.1E (assuming that this works, it is just a theory that could work, prob. not)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For anyone that's wondering why the exploit isn't out yet, here's some information that I've discovered from another forum.

Apparently, Comex has been having trouble trying to run his exploit on 4.0 System Menus updated through Nintendo. Until he finally gets the exploit to work on ALL 4.0 System Menus, we won't be seeing this exploit being released any time soon.

I found this info on a post shown on the link below.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=152135&view=findpost&p=1947756

operator11

Smash Cadet
For anyone that's wondering why the exploit isn't out yet, here's some information that I've discovered from another forum.

Apparently, Comex has been having trouble trying to run his exploit on 4.0 System Menus updated through Nintendo. Until he finally gets the exploit to work on ALL 4.0 System Menus, we won't be seeing this exploit being released any time soon.

I found this info on a post shown on the link below.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=152135&view=findpost&p=1947756
But Dantarion himself posted a youtube video of the hack working on 4.0, google "comex's banner exploit is real (on 4.0u)", and you will see a youtube video that shows Dantarion using BaNNeRBoMB on 4.0.

Also, I found this rather upsetting link, which tells me that BaNNeRBoMB will not be released at all, as Comex is searching for a SSBB exploit.

Here is the link: http://wiiscenewatch.blogspot.com/2009/04/details-about-comex-exploit.html

Could someone tell me if this is true.

It reads:

1. comex will NOT be releasing the system menu exploit. He instead intends to find a Super Smash Bros: Brawl exploit.

2. The exploit will have code in it that will detect disc launchers and will brick the Wii with an ominous "erasing" message if any are found. It will also uninstall CIOS249 and CIOS222, which are used by said launchers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But Dantarion himself posted a youtube video of the hack working on 4.0, google "comex's banner exploit is real (on 4.0u)", and you will see a youtube video that shows Dantarion using BaNNeRBoMB on 4.0.

Also, I found this rather upsetting link, which tells me that BaNNeRBoMB will not be released at all, as Comex is searching for a SSBB exploit.

Here is the link: http://wiiscenewatch.blogspot.com/2009/04/details-about-comex-exploit.html

Could someone tell me if this is true.

It reads:

1. comex will NOT be releasing the system menu exploit. He instead intends to find a Super Smash Bros: Brawl exploit.

2. The exploit will have code in it that will detect disc launchers and will brick the Wii with an ominous "erasing" message if any are found. It will also uninstall CIOS249 and CIOS222, which are used by said launchers.
Those System Menu 4.0's were updated through Homebrew, NOT through Nintendo. Comex is trying to fix up the exploit so that it works on all System Menus, regardless of if they've been updated through Nintendo or not.

Regarding the link you've posted, that's just a bogus blog that some idiot posted, thinking that Comex's exploit is fake.

Is that important. Do you have nothing better to do, than go around on random forums, and pick out flaws in how people post.
You really should learn to edit your posts operator11. People tend to dislike it when you make two or more posts in a row. Plus, you can't delete your posts at all here, which is even more distracting for the viewers.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
I have 4.0u and all I want is to play Brawl+, I dont want the Homebrew channle. From what Ive read geckoOS is the app I need to play Brawl+ but you need homebrew for that. What I understand (maybe I read wrong) is that there is a way to just launch geckOS without homebrew from the SD card? Or do you NEED homebrew to play it as of now?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have 4.0u and all I want is to play Brawl+, I dont want the Homebrew channle. From what Ive read geckoOS is the app I need to play Brawl+ but you need homebrew for that. What I understand (maybe I read wrong) is that there is a way to just launch geckOS without homebrew from the SD card? Or do you NEED homebrew to play it as of now?
You need to use an available exploit in order to run any Homebrew programs. If your System Menu is 3.2, 3.3, or 3.4, use the Twilight Hack to install the HBC, and run Gecko OS from there. System Menu 4.0 users have to wait until Comex releases his exploit, since the current Twilight Hack is rendered useless by the new System Menu.

Unfortunately, Comex has been having problems trying to run his exploit on 4.0 System Menus updated through Nintendo. It may be awhile before he finally does release his exploit.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Alright thanks that clears things up for me. I wont hold my breathe but heres hoping something for us 4.0u users without hombrew will get something soon!

kaio-ken

Smash Cadet
Hmm was sure sure it would be released on the 28 but no. Thanks for the info ppl. Maybe just wait untill December. or August which is dreaded most cause its back to school.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hmm was sure sure it would be released on the 28 but no. Thanks for the info ppl. Maybe just wait untill December. or August which is dreaded most cause its back to school.
I doubt that Comex's exploit will take THAT long to be released. It could be out by mid to late May for all I know. But for now, we just have to remain patient and let Comex finish fixing up the bugs on his exploit.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
i'll wait , i want to play brawl plus , but if you need some time i wait , for everything in this life i need to wait .lol
Good luck people
Shumaru

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Is that important. Do you have nothing better to do, than go around on random forums, and pick out flaws in how people post.
There's an edit button there for a reason, and I came to these forums to learn about the 4.0 Exploit.

I was just shocked nobody had pointed out a lack of Edit button.

studly

Smash Ace
cant wait for this

ugh... ive never been that interested in getting brawl+ ... soo i updated my wii last week and then yesterday my group decided theat were interested in playing brawl+... this should save me

operator11

Smash Cadet
There's an edit button there for a reason, and I came to these forums to learn about the 4.0 Exploit.

I was just shocked nobody had pointed out a lack of Edit button.
KK, fine srry about the edit button thingy, forget that for now.

Anyway, I wanted to find out if Comex is working completely alone on this, or does he have some people helping him make it. If not, he really should get some help.

comboking

Smash Master
I wanted to know if you can downgrade from 4.0E to 3.1E using this technique (does it work)

1. Turn on 4.0E wii and insert a 3.1U version of Mario Kart Wii (or another game containing a 3.1U update)

2. When it asks for an update, do it.

3. Then, the wii should be semi bricked, (hopefully not fully bricked).

4. After this, insert a 3.1E version of Mario Kart Wii. Do the update.

5. The wii should be 3.1E (assuming that this works, it is just a theory that could work, prob. not)
No,It will not ask you to update

shumaru

Smash Rookie
hehe wen 4.0u Exploit release a will ful my SD card of games an texture for brawl , thanks to all people are working in this exploit

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Now that there is an SD card screen on 4.0 is it possible to get homebrew on your SD card without ever needing to use the twilight hack??

Could you download the homebrew off the internet and put it on your SD card and run it from there?

shumaru

Smash Rookie
Now that there is an SD card screen on 4.0 is it possible to get homebrew on your SD card without ever needing to use the twilight hack??

Could you download the homebrew off the internet and put it on your SD card and run it from there?
i try but no work , really i have HBC in my SD card but i can't used , hate 4.0u

easygo

Smash Rookie
modded wii

hi, i am new to this scene, but from what i read on different forums i don't think i can install hombrew channel, but i would still wish to ask to make sure.
i have a wii with a drivekey, updated to firmware 4, hombrew never installed before. is it possible that i install homebrew like this? with the help of the chip, sort of?
thanks for any answers

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
hi, i am new to this scene, but from what i read on different forums i don't think i can install hombrew channel, but i would still wish to ask to make sure.
i have a wii with a drivekey, updated to firmware 4, hombrew never installed before. is it possible that i install homebrew like this? with the help of the chip, sort of?
thanks for any answers
As of now there's no way to install the HBC on System Menu 4.0. Currently, you have to downgrade your Wii to install the HBC, but you need the HBC to downgrade. How's that for irony?

And since Comex has yet to release his exploit, you're pretty much screwed until he finally does release the exploit.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
what time i need to wait? for this comex exploit , am hyper lol , :psycho:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Gah, so much bad information in this thread.

Bannerbomb works on 4.0. The HBC installer doesn't. Comex can't fix that.

That WiiSceneWatch site is just spreading fake bs to get people to spread bs.

Comex is looking for an exploit in Brawl.
AFAIK, Even once that is found, it will have the SAME PROBLEM.

Lack of fakesign bug = no way to install HBC AFAIK.

Also, last time I tried to run GeckoOS on 4.0 using bannerbomb, I got a code dump :p

operator11

Smash Cadet
Gah, so much bad information in this thread.

Bannerbomb works on 4.0. The HBC installer doesn't. Comex can't fix that.

That WiiSceneWatch site is just spreading fake bs to get people to spread bs.

Comex is looking for an exploit in Brawl.
AFAIK, Even once that is found, it will have the SAME PROBLEM.

Lack of fakesign bug = no way to install HBC AFAIK.

Also, last time I tried to run GeckoOS on 4.0 using bannerbomb, I got a code dump :p
So on the youtube video that you posted showing BaNNeRBoMB working on 4.0, could you have loaded boot.dol (like a downgrader) if you had updated through Nintendo (coz it said in the description that the HBC Installer only loaded coz u updated through Waninkoko's updater)

Also, why is Comex looking for an exploit in Brawl? First of all, this is an easier exploit as it does not require SSBB. Second of all, he has already made BaNNeRBoMB. Why would he waste his time looking for another exploit?
Has he made any progress on this SSBB hack?

PS: What is a code dump?

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
So on the youtube video that you posted showing BaNNeRBoMB working on 4.0, could you have loaded boot.dol (like a downgrader) if you had updated through Nintendo (coz it said in the description that the HBC Installer only loaded coz u updated through Waninkoko's updater)

Also, why is Comex looking for an exploit in Brawl? First of all, this is an easier exploit as it does not require SSBB. Second of all, he has already made BaNNeRBoMB. Why would he waste his time looking for another exploit?
Has he made any progress on this SSBB hack?

PS: What is a code dump?
BaNNeR BoMB is not ready yet, it may have some bugs. And in case BaNNeR BoMB can't work in the future for any reason, comex will have an ssbb exploit ready to pull out instead of have people like you bug him to death about it. Team Twizzers has also found many holes in the system menu. But if the released them all in one day, Nintendo would have an update for them sooner or later. But releasing them one by one makes Nintendo not know what to expect so homebrew can keep going and the scene lives on.

noobpsreply: a dump of random code on your screen for debugging by the creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom