• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hokuto no Ken (NEW GAME ON PS3/XBOX360)

kr3wman

Smash Master
So basically, I was astounded at the amount of people who don't know Hokuto no Ken, so I decided to make this.

HOKUTO NO KEN FANCLUB THREAD

Author is Buronson and the illustrator is Tetsuo Hara, and run from 1983 to 1988 in Weekly Shonen Jump spawning 27 volumes consisting of 245 chapters. It has a prequel that is ongoing (Souten no Ken), NES/SNES/PS1 beat-em-up game and a competitive fighter on the PS2 developed by Arc System Works.

Hokuto no Ken is an 80s shonen manga set in a post-apocalyptic alternate 1990s where the seas have dried up from a nuclear war. The strong prey on the weak for water and food, the most valuable possessions in this end of century era. Author is Buronson and the illustrator is Tetsuo Hara.

However, a man has come back from hell to put an end to this era.

Characters :

Kenshiro​

The lead character. 64th successor to Hokuto Shinken, the most deadliest martial art there is. The style consists on channelling the user's energy into a single blow and striking the hidden channelling points, resulting in various results such as the opponent exploding, being incapacitated, moving against their will or healing injuries.

Kenshiro, after having his fiancé kidnapped and being scarred 7 times in the chest, wanders the desert in search of food. After arriving to a little village, he is put in prison since the villagers thought he was trying to steal their water. This is where he meets Bart and Lyn and the adventure begins.

Bart.

A orphan kid that supports Ken through his adventures by managing their rewards, using his buggy to drive them around and provide comedic relief.

Lyn. Ken saves her from the hands of a gang, and after that becomes infatuated with him.

The most annoying character in the whole anime/manga.

Yuria.

Ken's fiancé that was kidnapped by Shin. Basically, almost every guy in the manga wants to get it on with her.

Shin.

Master of Nanto Seiken, but his own style is Nanto Koshu Ken. Kidnaps Yuria and sets the story in motion.

After the first arc, the plot and cast becomes much more diverse and the characters get a whole lot deeper because the writer was originally only in it for ~20 chapters. Because of that I will not spoil it for anyone :D

So post if you want to join the fanclub!

I'll add more later on!

List of Members :

1. kr3wman
  2. LadyKirbess
  3. OmegaKoopa
  4. tirkaro
  5. SonicMaster5
  6. Trueganon
  7. hemightbegiant
  8. Vorguen?
  9. KirbyWorshipper2465
  10. Kirbyraeg
  11. Karthik_King
  12. chesterr01
  13. Biolink
  14. Gallade64
  15. Viper

You can watch the whole anime on youtube starting here.

Update 19th october

New Teaser site for the upcoming Hokuto Musou game!

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/hokuto/ !

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Stepping in here to say that Krew was Kenshiro for halloween. I witnessed it! He was still bad at smash though ;). <3 Krew

kr3wman

Smash Master
Stepping in here to say that Krew was Kenshiro for halloween. I witnessed it! He was still bad at smash though ;). <3 Krew
:mad:

:laugh:

Atleast I wasn't 'myself' like Kage The Warrior lol.

j/k j/k.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yayuhz, one more member.

When we get 100 we'll do a banner contest... or ask one of the random guys on Artwork Emporium to make one for us :X

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's a cool combo video, too bad it's a remix.
And that it was wasted on a Brawl video.
I wanted to do one for the Montreal community to hype stuff, but now SOMEONE had to ruin it.

:X

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
This one always made my stomache turn abit. I loved the games, but never got to see too much of the show. Managed to see alot of the major battles though. I enjoyed it. Ear flick for the sternum expolde ftw.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The show is alright, but the manga and fighting game are killer.

Yes, I would like to join. Let me try to find more epic pics.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure are the only all macho, non-sense fighting, epic shonens worth it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I´m currently reading Jojo´s bizzare adventure.

It´s good, but not as good as HnK :D Atleast all the references to Hnk in it makes it really great.

Also, HnK references in all animes are awesome.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, any HnK refrence always makes me smile. I manage to blurt out with the stupidest expression on my face, "I KNOW THAT!" (8D

kr3wman

Smash Master
Hey guys I added a banner and we got this from Thunder of Zeus, so thank him.

Just put in in your sig and add and url to it that links to this thread.

:D

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
You gotta love the JoJo stances they always take. So unnecessary yet so brilliant.

I've also been looking for pictures, but it's really hard to find any HnK's around.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Some pics from other artists :

Shin'Ichiro Kitai :

Bunta Inoue :

Mad Barbarians :

Urata Spancall :

Soshi Hirose :

Hisashi Tenmyoya :

Satoshi Fumihara :

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I didn't know there was a Hokuto no Ken fanclub here! Magnificent!

While my screen-name says otherwise, I am a big fan of HnK. In fact, I've bought the first six volumes of the re-printed french edition published by Asuka (I live in Québec, where french manga get imported, if you must know).

You can count me in the fanclub. By the way, Crunchyroll has the entire series uploaded to its site (http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Fist_of_the_North_Star). I am hoping that some company will release the entire series on R1 DVD someday.

Edit:
Also, HnK references in all animes are awesome.
You should know that there's even an entire series that parodies HnK. It's called Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo

kr3wman

Smash Master
LOL I just realized that Naruto fight against Kabuto is a reference to Kenshiro vs Shin.

also shameless bump

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm assuming you guys are joining..., so erhm, yeah.

Please add the little image to your sig, it's important so that we spread the awesomeness around these parts.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hahahahaha, yes.

shameless references and referrals are how you get more people to post here. -_-

I think I've read through the first 4 volumes of the manga, but didn't find a source for the other volumes... : /

kr3wman

Smash Master
Well, yeah.

it's not like it's a new manga or anime that has new weekly chapters

OH geez, oh **** here it comes

The prequel to Hokuto no Ken, Souten no ken, or fist of the blue sky tells the story of Kasumi Kenshiro (Or Kenshiro Kasumi...), the uncle of the protagonist of Hokuto no Ken.

While the manga series has 19+ volumes released and is still ongoing, the fan-translation isn't up to par speed-wise with more popular mangas such as naruto, bleach, one piece, even if it has better action than the first, makes more sense than the second and is on par if not better than the third for character design and story telling, Souten no ken is kinda passing under the radar in this era of villainous bishonens anti-heros and the likes.

The story delves into the origins of Hokuto Shinken and the other deadly martial arts with Shanghai's gang wars in the 1930s as the setting.

The only thing missing from Hokuto no Ken is mooks with Mohawks :( , although several crowning moments of awesome still permeate the manga.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Hokuto no Ken?

Oh no.... IT'S HAPPENING!!!

AAAAATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!!!

Felt good. Love Jagi, one of my favorit villains ever.

Top Bottom