• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hokuto no Ken (NEW GAME ON PS3/XBOX360)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not to mention that he's pretty much ignored after he's dead. Luckily, he'll get his own spin-off manga soon. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-19/fist-of-the-north-star-spinoff-manga-to-feature-jagi)

However, it's a shame that we won't get the PS2 fighting game. He's playable there.

Speaking of under-appreciated villains, Uighur is one of my favorite minor villains. I've heard that he shows up in the PSP fighting game.

By the way, Funimation has uploaded the entire series on their video page. (http://www4.funimation.com/video/?)

I think I've read through the first 4 volumes of the manga, but didn't find a source for the other volumes... : /
The only way to get the rest of the series is by getting the French edition. In recent years, they've started to re-print it in a more faithful, unflipped version, since the original volumes are out of print. I currently have the first 6 volumes of that new edition, which is available in bookstores found in Canada (Québec, to be specific).

kr3wman

Smash Master
Fist of the North star popularized so many tropes and is referenced so much it astonishes me.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Fist of the North star popularized so many tropes and is referenced so much it astonishes me.
definitely.

It's because it deserves to be referenced though, hahaha

and it's really a classic that deserves to be checked out by any anime/manga fan

kr3wman

Smash Master
http://koeitecmo.info/new/ *Spoiler-ish!*

Koei's 'Musou' is a series of game with 'Dinasty Warriors' type gameplay. They did it with Gundam and stuff, but can't wait to see it with HnK!

Hundreds of Mohawks!

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
<sigh> apparently I'm subscribed to this thread cause I posted on it a while back -_-

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How did I not see this thread?! Me and my brother always use to watch Fist of the North Star.

Gallade64

Smash Apprentice
I think the Fist of the North Star craze is coming back to life because of ZUN's and Tasofro's new touhou fighter Touhou Hisoutensoku (Unthinkable Natural Law). They gave Reimu a Fatal KO in the form of Fantasy Heaven (Which is also a homonym of Musou Tensei: Hokuto Shinken's ultimate technique.) and they even remixed one of her themes to sound like the Fatal KO theme from the Hokuto no Ken arcade game.

Top Bottom