• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 25: Monsters Arcade! FULL RESULTS ARE UP! Vids are up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R1OT

Smash Cadet
woah thingz are tense in here, everybody get along :laugh:

tournament was fun, i didn't like the venue, too hot'n'hungry

the pizza was terrible :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MONSTER ARCADE:

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for allowing us to use your venue for HOBO 25. The VENUE was AWESOME and other than the heat the experience was great. You guys even gave out free water to anybody who wanted it. I can wait to work with you guys again.

RGV:

At first you guys were coming and then you decided not to go then u secretly showed up at the last minute. Thank you for doing that. You guys have made so many trips to my event and i thank you. Mainly vorgy since he does most of the driving.

TRELA:

Stop being emo. Man up, accept your lose and move on.

ROYR:

MY HERO! You took care of dphat and then took care of razer. You did an outstanding job and im SUPER proud of you.

Why the **** does Xyro and other people keep on calling me a wifi Peach?
Is it like an insult?
Anyways, this was a great tournament and was ran very nicely Xyro, besides the fact that there was no air conditioning, it was really fun :D
Its cause you ARE a wifi peach. Its always interesting to see a player who MAINS wifi destroy offline players who are good. You did that and im proud.

So, xyro has to main MK now right?

I have to eat my words and main mk. I really thought gnes would place lower than razer but i was mega wrong. Trela beat him and then our hero ROYR made sure he went home packin'

btw, who won mid tier teams. i left before they were done.

Popertop

Smash Champion
what do you expect it's totino's pizza rolls in pizza form. and btw you paid 3-4 dollars for a 50 cent pizza.

GG's to everyone I played, tournament was fun, I didn't really miss singles at all.

We had a hard bracket in teams, we played dphat and jnig 2nd round and it was real close, and then we played infinity and px in losers bracket pretty much right after that. They should have not sandbagged. but it's whatever, the games were close and fun.

Allan should have entered me and roy in mid tier singles, either when we gave him our money, or the first, second, or third time i asked if he had entered us in the bracket yet. you could have moved some people around it wouldn't have been that hard allan.

oh yeah, thanks to all the guys at monster arcade, y'all were super nice.

Xyro77

FULL RESULTS are up. Please check it out and see if i got character to players correct. I also have alot of "?" marks on certain players cause i dont know who they used. PLEASE help me out with that.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
i hate coming to tx results threads because i have to fap everytime i see gnes' sig

Xyro77

Why is it that we moved to a smaller venue for just this month and we get nearly double the turnout?

Xyro77

Its easy. Suspect is WRONG.

They all 3 agree to split. All 3 went up to the front desk and told me they wanted to split.

THE END.

EDIT: i never get ninja'd. I AM THE NINJA

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
GGs to everyone I played. Thanks for teaming with me Pop. Sorry I let you down against PX and Infi. they really know what to do against G&W : /. Thanks Xyro for a great tourney despite the heat. It was nice to see P.X. again, Austin will miss you. Also don't worry about it Razer you will get em' next time. Go Mexico!

Denti

Smash Master

NO! There are way too many TLs! lol, there were like 6 this last tournament.. god i hate fighting TL, we are both forced to camp because we both each each others approaches. rofl
I'm guna do shout outs, let me type them up real quick.

Denti

Smash Master

1: Gnes== Thx for our 1 friendly lol. Honestly it did teach me a little bit. Good job winning the tournament
2: Lee== Thanks for the friendlies. You gota learn how to fight Prolimar
3: Dphat== It was real nice seeing you here, good job placing 3rd and beating Royr in losers. If you hold a smashfest or something let me know.
4: Royr The Hero== Your a chill guy, amazing marth. thanks for the MM ;D
5: Razer==****, your tech chasing is way too good! next time i'll be prepared properly for your snake.
5: Trela==shoudln't have tried to gay you with norfair. amazing Lucario, but not like you don't hear everyone saying that all the time.
7: illmatic==Glad to see you make a arrival. Next time we got to play some friendlies though! great peach
7: Infinity==Glad your making an appearance at tournaments outside dallas, it means your serious about smash. I'm excited to see how well you'll do next time.
9: Denti==good job doing this tournament with 30 min of sleep, while sick, and while in a hot box of a tournament. but man oli gay
9: FlipHop==I didn't get to play you at all D: hopefully next time we can sneak some friendlies in
9: Hyro== Your TL is legit, nuff said. Crossing you in bracket would be a nightmare 0.o
13: Jnig==Looks like I'm improving! glad to finally beat you. what are we.. like 1-5?! XD
13: Ozz==Man that marth... too good. I thought for a little bit you were ****ing around with marth for lulz and doing well, so i was like WTF lol
17: Zori==Happy B day to youuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
17: Jerm==TL vs Oli is just straight up gay. Sorry for raging during our match. i was going to be super pissed if what took me out last hobo took me out this one. Great TL
17: Fk==paul making his great appearance?!
17: Px==Wish we got some friendlies in :( Your wario looks legit.
25: Ran==I don't blame you for not knowing the olimar MU. It's just one of those MUs that'll take forever to learn.
25: Broly==Thanks for those friendlies bro :D great marf
33: P4==Dat MK ditto.... gay
33: Panty==Good friendlies bro. Glad we got to play
49: Batou==Thank you batou. Next time I'll be even better. No doubt. Fort worth representing!
49: Xyro==You hold the best tournaments I've ever been too. Seriously. Can't wait for next hobo.

Esca

Smash Champion
I had alot of fun this tournament, shoutouts to come later.

I have SO much to work on. Sucks that I did so bad in everything.

But here's a short shoutout:

PhantomX -- Learn some ****ing manners man. You sat on one TV all day and heckled everyone. You and Infinity are two of the OLDEST smashers in the community, OBVIOUSLY not the wisest. I think your ****-talking and childish antics were far from joking, and to be honest, both you AND infinity should be ashamed of yourselves. You really disappoint me.

Shoutouts later.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
1: Gnes==Good job winning.
4: Royr The Hero==VERY nice!
9: FlipHop==Did we ever finish our frendlies? I can't remember.
13: RT==Good games.
17: Jerm==Good set. I need more TLink practice.
17: Px==I need more Wario practive, too, apparently.
25: Leaf==Hehehe...mission complete!
25: Mr.T==GGs early in the day.
33: P4==Too bad we didn't meet in the bracket, you could have taken me to brinstar again. XP
33: Since==Good job, do better now.
33: Tree==GGs, too bad about our first round of 2v2. That was horrible.
49: Xyro==Awesome tournament, again!
49: Wingless==Aww...it's ok.

Monster's Arcade: Thanks for hosting, it was great seeing you guys again.
Neko: Good games+ and I will see you around.

Didn't miss anyone, did I?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
This tournament definitely changed my views on the TX pr. The current PR list is so wrong after #4. Our PR need to be updated pronto. Also to everyone wondering, I REALLY REALLY really wanted to play it out with Lee, but I eventually gave in to the split cause my carpool wanted to head out. Next hobo when I go that far again I'm playing it out regardless of who I have to play.
BTW I probably had the hardest bracket here. It was bull crap.

But yeah special shout outs to RoyR and Trela.
Royr- WOW, you caught me off guard in winners, I was honestly surprised. TBH when I heard you beat razer in loser quarters I got super worried. At that point I think I rather wanted to play Razer then you in loser semis. I'm surprised I got you in losers man, good stuff though, you definitely showed me that our PR is definitely wrong.

Trela- Probably TX most underrated player, you did something I haven't even done yet, beat razer in bracket. When I played you in losers I was honestly worried. During our set I got so worried, there were so many times where my huge lead would just get destroyed in 4-5 hits. Playing you is so frustrating because you never give up. At least I got to get you back after what you did to me at Whobo. Anyways good stuff, and you're another reason why I think our PR is wrong. You being unranked is a joke.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Come on Andy you get the chance to just beat everyone yet they buy you out. weaksauce.... Good stuff on taking top 3 though.
Infinity: good games, I liked watching your mk.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What I did see was cool.
Too bad PX hogged the rest of the livestream. :p

Oh, and I love you Razer, but you gotta stop losing to blue characters. Not every blue character is Sonic.
Get back in the game when you can. Next time we play, I want you at your best.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I felt like I was there watching Dphat vs Trela. I was literally talking to myself when epic stuff happened, haha.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
PX WAS ANNOYING ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! He retired and now hates the smash community and wants to **** on us

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Yeah I won't sell out next time, but the tournament was mad fun. I had so much fun, I forgot how fun Hobo's where. I wish the drive wasn't so harsh though. But I'll definitely be attending them more often now.
F U DPHAT! like u even drove! *******. it was good seeing everyone again (played under boroz instead of boose this tourny =D), and only complaints i had were the hot venue and the livestream not being used effectively =(.

Top Bottom