• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P metaknight=Meta banned!!!!! (FULL RESULTS and PICS on first page)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Just got home, was a fun tournament and i got alot of friendlies in
That infinity dojo and bwett picture is the most bro thing i have ever seen

I won several 1$ MMs mostly against snakes and one against a MK but lost a 5$ MM to a MK negating all my wins

To everyone i friendlied / MM / Tournament Match, I enjoyed every game i played

Favorite game this tournament: FakeGeorge game 3 on Smashvile

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Sure thing man, that match never happens, especially with me being the only person who mains him, and you being the only person who secondaries him

Also the pokemon tournament was good especially the RGV winning part. Everyone on the RGV used a team i designed for them. I hope to see it reappear in future events in houston

Broly

Smash Lord
great tourny guys, i had SOOOO much fun. i love gnes, dojo, fliphop, xyro, ozz, not jerm, royr, esca, cy, poppertop, I HATE DMG FOR NOT COMING, mikehaze and lee, for getting mad LOL l2hype kids. i love beah, and utd zac but not that random save of the game. and i love the rgv for the trips we go to. everyone else i 4got im sorry...

i also like to say i love luigis mansion, and hate lylat cruise. kthxbye

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Sure thing man, that match never happens, especially with me being the only person who mains him, and you being the only person who secondaries him
Yea man I'm saying. I like to play with him he is sooooo fun. Your PT was insane, I don't really know the match-up against him too well, because my PT is mainly an Ivy and grab with everybody else. Your Squirtle was absolute pwnage. I'm going to have to work on that. I had never seen anybody use a good PKMN Trainer in person. Lol, I thought mine was good. The other day I ***** Flip's Snake. Then when we mm he takes the set.

Tell me the next time your coming so we can friendly some more!

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Guys I left a universal DS charger at funplex since someone needed it to charger their DS lite, Tallman was supposed to get it for me but he forgot it :( If someone has it please let me know.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Mind if I get in on the PT dittos? I'm good with Ivy, decent with Squirtle, but bad with Charizard. I haven't foughten a PT offline since HOBO 4, so I need experience fighting them :)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Guys I had an enormous shoutout post... and it got erased.

I'm so sad and depressed now... there was so much love. :(

I will attempt it again tomorrow... but all in all <3 to everyone and holy crap I was on it for like 45+ minutes.

Haha.

Flip is a beast.

iLight

Smash Lord
These shoutouts are for the people that made this tourney especially fun for me even though i didn't do that well.

2: Gnes - haha friday was so awesome... melee till 5am! also **** tripping
5: mikeHaze GBD - it was too good spooning with you at saiya's
7: Bwett - haha you and ice and your late night ihop shenanigans
13: Ice - chilling with you was hilarious
13: Vorguen - dude riding in the trunk of your van made my night
17: Infinity - too good
17: Shuz - ihop with you was too good, its too fun to joke around with you
25: Xyro - good tourney man, though it went sooo late! sorry about teams <3
25: Esca - it was tight playing with you, good luck practicing
33: Cake - we'll do better next time
KT - messing with you is too entertaining! stop getting out so early, you'll have more fun, just practice more haha
Bear - come home...........
Nike - dude! we didn't get to play melee, i'm sad. Oh well... i'm going to hold a tourney in like 3 weeks, you should try to come.
Seiya - housing at your place was so tight, your such a chill dude. we need to hang out more, maybe sometime i'll come down there and hang out, party or something, play some brawl or whatever. haha too good dude

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Light I still feel bad about giving you a ride in the trunk man but there was 13 people riding in the van holy crap!

At least it looks like you and Magitek had fun back there lol.

It was fun hanging out with you man, seriously. :)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
DugFinn's pretty hot.

And that's how Hylians face looked like when i made him mad on the stream lololololol.

You mad Hylian, YOU MAD!

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
1: UltimateRazer (snake)- We didn't get to do our MM! I heard you played call of duty. If you want to play someone that is too sick in that game just send me a friends request. Not joking.
2: Gnes (diddy)- THE GREATNESS. I will be waiting for that re-match. Coolest person from houston hands down. Where had you been when i attend other tournaments?!?!? Next time ill be in charge of some drinks, i won't let you down like Le thien.
3: Dojo (diddy/kirby)- Nice team matches and good **** on placing high with no mk
4: Fliphop (diddy)-chill funny person, Wish i could of played you some singles
5: Lee Martin (lucario)- It was fun hanging out with you, but from all the tournaments i dont think i ever really played you lol. My favorite from your 1000 characters was wario.
5: mikeHaze GBD (marth)- too good, couldn't even touch you
7: UTDZac (GW)- Man have you improved so much since WHOBO, its ridiculous. So many random things that work so well. Teach me how to always get 9 cause i know you figured it out already, i promise i wont tell. Thanks for the advice even if i dont listen lol. Hurry and go make some more videos cause i improve by watching your vids. Aside from that It is always a pleasure to hang out with you, very smart person. I hope one day we are at grand finals and I dont mean being together :) I know you want to double GW but we'll see!
7: Bwett (yoshi/ddd): Why were you mad about me being in your pool lol, i knew you were going to beast me anyways :) your yoshi is too **** sick. I mean who even thinks of these weird combos?!? Bwett does. Nice hanging out with you. I didnt want to play you guys in teams :p
9: Roy (marth)- Me da gusto en verte. Yo se que estando con todos te dan mas ganas de empezar a jugar de nuevo. Y hablar espanol con alguien mas me dio gusto tambien
9: Jerm (toon link)- double toon link just ***** my GW lmao. wish i had some singles matches against you.
13: Trela (lucario)- You improved so much since Whobo. I wasn't even worried about our match but your lucario was too good and ***** me. Next time i want a rematch mm!!
17: Hylian (IC)- most intense match!! holy ****! i am an idiot lol. Cant believe i fell into a hylian up smash.... from a single climber. Good matches! I was also fun to chill with you on the car rides. Maybe ill go to visit Austin bars since you are a bar tender :p
17: Infinity (wario/kirby/diddy/gw)- I did not ruin your friendlies :) haha sorry about that. You were on the phone and didn't say bye to me :( Talking to you all tourney is the best man, keep it up and good luck in your future relationship. I wanted to buy you a beer as a present!
17: Error (IC/olimar)- ehh nothing. we need to do double warios earlier
17: Shuz (kirby)- Never played you. your characters looked scary
17: CY (wario)- Good freaking wario. I reallyunder estimated you. Your wario is too good, especially cause you just picked him up a while ago no? cool peroson though, we should of hung out more
17: Ozz (falco)- wish i played that falco
17: furiousduffman (gw/???) scrub that also used wario and falco
25: Xyro (samus)- unpredictable samus!! next time we will bond more. promise. i also used wario and falco.
25: Esca (luigi/pit)- good pit. saw your match vs utd. did amazing stuff
25: Bored (ike)- ew ike. i am an ike hater and its arturos fault. Good games
33: Auturito Burrito- keep at it! I need your snake for teams!
33: Poptop (wario)- how about a MM in melee next time?
33: Light (shiek/rob)- Wow man your shiek was too good. What kind of character has like 10 different combos!? not even mk... well he prolly does but anyways good ****. Nice friendlies but should of hung out more
33: Tetsuya (marth)- You need to be better with your marth!!
THE NO SHOWS
dphat, phantom,dmg,fogo, le thien. I dont like you guys right now! missed a great tourney

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The tournament was pretty fun. Overall, I enjoyed it and think it went fairly well. As for feedback, there was one thing that kinda bugged me. It didn't ruin my experience, but as a TO, I know that hearing about the not so awesome parts can help make future events that much better.

My only real concern is with how the stations didn't seem occupied by tournament matches when it seemed like there were plenty of matches that could be played. I mostly noticed this when teams were transitioning into pools. I know a lot of this comes from having such a large turnout for Brawl and more people for the other games. Even with the speaker, people might not hear or notice you calling their name for a match or may be outside or whatever. Actually getting people to a TV to play their match/ pool can be a lot harder than it should.

Something that I've personally found helpful is to have a two part/person system. The first part is a person who calls the match. The second part (this could be multiple people) actually seek out and find the players and make sure they know where to go and who to play. It's worked really well for me in the past, though it does give the hosts more work to do. Still, this can cut down the time by a good deal. A ten minute delay in a match could mean a ten minute delay of the tournament because of the other matches that it holds up. Cutting down even a few minutes for each match can really add up.

Again, I enjoyed the tournament, and I'm not complaining. I just want to bring to your attention something that could be improved so the next one can be even better, you know?

Now for shoutouts:

Roy - Our match and friendlies were a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. I hope I get the chance to play you again!
Melee1 - Definitely my favorite set of the day. It was too close! You got me at the end, though, haha. I'm waiting for my rematch!
Jerm - You're gonna have to make it to the next LasT, okay? We also need to play again.
Error - It was fun playing against your Olimar. Too bad we didn't get to play more.
CY - We didn't get to play again, though our set last time was tons of fun. Next time?
Xyro - I enjoyed the tournament. Also, why is my part of my name starred out over the picture?
Magik - You showed me that I really don't know how to handle Squirtle. Stale moves + fatigue + bucket braking made me think I had a chance at the end of the last game. It was a cool ending to our match, but I'll have to make sure I end up on the other side next time, haha.
Esca - Thanks! I keep trying to get better, and I guess something's working. We didn't get those friendlies in, so I guess we'll have to wait until some other time. Good stuff in teams.
Light - It was cool meeting you, and our games at Seiya's were fun.
Blaine - Good job! You last game against jS was cool to watch. That Up B spike was awesome, haha.
Kingdom Come - Our games in pools were fun. I kinda wish I could've seen your Toon Link, though.
Anthony/ ROHN - Also, good games in pools.
Justin - You pool was pretty tough, and you played really well. I was certainly impressed.
Battousai - You pool was also pretty tough. Good job on almost making it out. I wish I could've seen your match against the Ike.
Tallman - Nice meeting you, too. I guess it's good I didn't enter Pokemon, since we needed to get going and whatnot.

I know I played/ talked to more people than this, and I'm sure I enjoyed it, haha.

Oh yeah, I think Blaine used primarily ZSS, not Samus.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
My only real concern is with how the stations didn't seem occupied by tournament matches when it seemed like there were plenty of matches that could be played. I mostly noticed this when teams were transitioning into pools. I know a lot of this comes from having such a large turnout for Brawl and more people for the other games. Even with the speaker, people might not hear or notice you calling their name for a match or may be outside or whatever. Actually getting people to a TV to play their match/ pool can be a lot harder than it should.
Pools started late because we wanted to ensure that everyone in a pool could play all of their pools matches at once instead of waiting/interrupting doubles. Pools started very slowly at first, but once more people got knocked out of doubles, more pools could get started. Surprisingly, most pools finished extremely fast, especially when they had the freedom to use two setups at a time. This method probably wasn't very optimal, but we still finished. Honestly, doubles really did hold everything back. I don't think doubles should have been done first in this case.

The only issue I had was that someone left my pool, I guess because he felt he would not advance, but decided not to tell me. People really need to tell the pool leader when they need to leave and only for really important things. <_<

As for announcing matches, I usually announce once or twice at different time intervals. And then give a final warning. I know some people tune out all noise when they play a match, but please PLEASE try to listen for you match. If you can't, then get someone watching to listen for you. Be glad I give multiple warnings, because Xyro would just outright DQ them after the first warning.

Broly

Smash Lord
only thing im sorry about guys was that i hogged the livestream alot. i know that some matches shoulda been played there like royr vs mikehaze, gnes vs lee m, and dojo vs mikehaze. it was really fun tho.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
I'm really glad i came back to the smash scene, cause i freaking love this community!!!
Overall i love how this tournament went, i had a really fun time. I'm super motivated for the next tourney!

1: UltimateRazer - congrats man yet again! your 2vs1 is too pro!
2: Gnes - HAHAHA no perfect streak for you in pools! next time u see my kirby its gonna be all new tricks!
3: Dojo- you are my new god, your kirby looks super fluid and fast. i really enjoyed watching your epic clutchness
4: Fliphop- **** dude rumors were right, you're so super chill to hang out. maybe we can get a couple of games next time.
5: Lee Martin- I'm so glad i got to play you, from what i've saw and heard from the past you are such an amazing player! i hope i can do better next time against you
5: mikeHaze GBD - AMAZING marth!!! good **** in teams. your mental mindgames are very entertaining, like the yelling and the staring at the opponents team when you get knocked out. you should come down here more often =D
7: UTDZac - if it wasn't for you playing on my controller before the tournament i dont think i would have been as lucky!
7: Bwett - OMG why are we so good!!! I truly would like to thank you for putting so much effort into me this weekend. I think by just talking to you and playing with you exercised my thinking within a game, and improved my game play overall. Thank you so much for supporting me.
9: Roy- thanks for waiting with us at ihop, i find it hard to believe that i have yet to play you.
9: Melee1 - thanks for your support! I'm gonna use those advices you gave me next time. thanks again!
9: Jerm - i really enjoyed the team matches, billy and i had to avenge our fellow dallas team =P
13: Broly - i really appreciate you cheering for me, it really did help in a way. id like to get some games in with you next time.
13: Ice - Free **** left and right man. good **** in tourney, remember what i said, im after you *****
13: Vorguen - i learned alot from that match, i wont let it happen again!!! great games though!
13: Trela i really enjoyed our teams match!
17: Hylian ^^ man your brackets was ridiculously hard. i saw some of your matches, too effing good!
17: Infinity- 17 is to low for us we need to make an oath to get higher! thank you for your pro driving skills in the monsoon, and your amazing support to get me through the tourney!
17: Shuz - im gonna feed joo cats!
17: furiousduffman - man your g&w is tooo pro! id love to play you sometime!
25: Xyro -BATHROOM PARTAY!!!
25: TakeUrLife - Fun matches man! i cant wait till you move up here!
25: Bored - omg your so impressive keep it up man!
33: Cake - man if it wasn't for you i dont think my wolf would have made it this far. Thanks for sharing your ideas and strategies with me.
33: Light - I CANT HELP IT IF MY EYES ARE SMALL!!!! lol dude your so chill, i had an amazing time hanging with you!

Pax- man that last match i got super lucky, good games though!
KT - i had so much fun hanging with you, if you ever wanna play don't hesitate.
Tyson - man i missed you man, freaking giant. thanks for supporting me all the way through, especially with that match against lee, i really appreciate it.
Dugfinn- thank you so much for housing us! everything was perfect!!!

Xyro!!! can you add wolf next to my name

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
fakegeorge. i dodnt know why it had stars on your name. me wil try to fix it

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Kingdom Come - Our games in pools were fun. I kinda wish I could've seen your Toon Link, though.
Anthony/ ROHN - Also, good games in pools..
Yea, Shoutouts to the dudes in my pool. I already gave George and RoyR (The R stands for ****) shoutouts.

But Anthony ggs, I never thought I would ever go G&W in a tournament. I still can't believe my spotdodging failed like 5 times and when I finally spotdodged correctly I won. Great Ness!

Rohan ggs man I felt kinda bad that you were placed in my pool and you didn't win a set. Maybe next time bro, just keep working at it. I hope to friendly y'all again soon.

FakeGeorge, Dude those matches were awesome. Pokemon Stadium 1 + Ganon= Not soo good. But even then both sets were super close. I remember in the second match we both killed eachother from midstage on SV at the exact same time. Man, I was second guessing myself all day for not picking my main. But, it's all good. Come to the next Hobo and I'll go Tink on you. Be sure to use G&W though <_< great games man.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
FakeGeorge - Thanks for giving me a ride to Houston. It was cool getting to know you better and playing your GAW a little more.
Light - Pretty cool dude. Nice Shiek, first I've ever seen xD.
Takeurlife - It was fun getting Whataburger with you for the first time and watching you attempt to play MvC2 xDDDDD. I think my few Marth dittos with you were the most fun I had all day.
Seiya - OMG, you are like the nicest dude that I've ever met. I would have loved to stay another night at your place, but it wasn't up to me. Thanks :]]]
Esca - Stop being so mean xDDD You're cool though
KT - Ha, my jokes about you being a bad smasher cause you're a girl were just that... jokes. Talking to you definately made the tourney better since none of my LA friends were there besides like 3. Hah, you spiked me against the stage once. Come to New Orleans!
JNIG- I see you all the time, you dun get a shoutout. hah
Lee - was fun as hell riding with you to Houston. Singing Senses Fail in the car... whooping me at tetris (reverse controller johns) and the next day when we went over to mah family's house and my sister's friend call you a loser for playing video games. XDDD Even my mom was like "He's such a nice boy"
PK_Fire - Lol, learn to chaingrab with DDD. xD. It was fun teaming with you and running out the clock in our money match. Oooh, and sorry for picking random and SD'ing and taking your stocks before I killed you in that team match vs those girls. I figured we'd we win anyways, so I'd make it fun.

-edit-

Anyone I forgot.... sorry, I have bad memory when it comes to people.

Top Bottom