• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P metaknight=Meta banned!!!!! (FULL RESULTS and PICS on first page)

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I never get any rep for teams. :o. I **** a lot harder in teams than singles and I always have. :/ like me coming back against razer and mike. wtf.

judge!

Smash Ace
congrats son i new u could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! team father and son will win hobo 18 dont u worry

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Green Lesbian + Ike = Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah.

It will be a mighty tasty combo.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Green Lesbian + Ike = Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah.

It will be a mighty tasty combo.
Seriously, samus MOLESTS all low tiers but ness and lucas. Ike MOLESTS ness and lucas.....jab cancel to release grab and repeat.....it HORRIBLE!!!!!

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yea, PT is horrible in teams, but I remember playing in an online low tier tourny and Boku and some other dude who was using PT won the whole thing. SO, try PT and Sonic, that might work!

Ganon and Lucas is a good team, Ganon ***** from below and Lucas takes care of the aerial gameplan. I wanted Dalub to go Lucas, but he loved his Tink too much.

Also, Link and Ganon are pretty good together!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Seriously, samus MOLESTS all low tiers but ness and lucas. Ike MOLESTS ness and lucas.....jab cancel to release grab and repeat.....it HORRIBLE!!!!!
rofl

Samus has some good low percent combos to do damage quickly and she's godlike at stock tanking. Ike can get kills really easily after Samus does some damage. Ike gets gimped, but Samus will never die, so it balances out. Well, my Ike doesn't really get gimped with MK not around, lol...

heytallman

CTALL
I'm sorry, Ike doesn't "molest" Lucas. Ness, I'm not sure about, but Lucas, no. Our matchup thread has Lucas beating Ike about 6:4. If I'm not mistaken, jabs can be DI'd and a grab may not be guaranteed. If jab cancel > grab truly works across a stage, I'd be surprised. Plus, Lucas can camp with PK fire, and generally keep away from Ike.

As for Samus, Lucas doesn't molest her. As before, idk about Ness, but it may be a gnes thing. Lucas generally should go about 50 50 with Samus. Samus definitely beats Lucas from mid-far range, but Lucas can do much better up close. It's nowhere close to molesting.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't give a crap what your character boards say. I care more about what real godlike players like NinjaLink say about Lucas (he has the best one by far, imo), and what I myself say about Lucas since I'm highly experienced in the match-up.

Ike vs Lucas is actually about even. ;)

Lucas doesn't do well by camping. He does well by pressuring and abusing his stupid n-air since Ike's moves (especially his aerials) don't come out fast enough for him to get Lucas away from him. A zoning/camping match makes it in Ike's favour.

heytallman

CTALL
Well, either way, Ike doesn't absolutely molest Lucas like Xyro claimed. Agreed?

And I'm not actually too experienced in the matchup, I just said what I figured might be true. Thanks for the input.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, either way, Ike doesn't absolutely molest Lucas like Xyro claimed. Agreed?

And I'm not actually too experienced in the matchup, I just said what I figured might be true. Thanks for the input.
Yeah, I'd say overall Ike might win slightly like 55/45 but it's pretty even. Ike and Lucas are two of the best characters in low tier tournaments.

Haha, no prob. Sorry if I sounded mean. I don't think character boards should ever be taken seriously.

heytallman

CTALL
Yeah, I'd say overall Ike might win slightly like 55/45 but it's pretty even. Ike and Lucas are two of the best characters in low tier tournaments.

Haha, no prob. Sorry if I sounded mean. I don't think character boards should ever be taken seriously.
lol it's cool. Personally I don't think Lucas is that great in low tiers. I don't like the Mario and Ness matchups, and they seem to be some of the most popular low tiers. Well, Ness especially, but Mario can gimp Lucas super easy. I've never attended a stand alone low tier tourney, actually lol

error13

Smash Journeyman
u guys are awesome

poppertop and esca
u guys were jerks before

but i accept ur apologies
and were cool if we ever
cross roads again

tourney was awesome im like super
proud if ep for managing to stay
pretty decent with no scene like u guys

ggs every like

flip, jerm, ozz, dojo, infin, razr, lee, melee, hyian, brett all of u

Mikehaze ur awesome dude fun matches with oli and IC
against a super sick marth dude awesome stuff ive never seen before
and dude another conor fan and smash what could be better =]

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm sorry, Ike doesn't "molest" Lucas. Ness, I'm not sure about, but Lucas, no. Our matchup thread has Lucas beating Ike about 6:4. If I'm not mistaken, jabs can be DI'd and a grab may not be guaranteed. If jab cancel > grab truly works across a stage, I'd be surprised. Plus, Lucas can camp with PK fire, and generally keep away from Ike.

As for Samus, Lucas doesn't molest her. As before, idk about Ness, but it may be a gnes thing. Lucas generally should go about 50 50 with Samus. Samus definitely beats Lucas from mid-far range, but Lucas can do much better up close. It's nowhere close to molesting.
Im talkin in teams. Lucas wont have the space to spam and/or run around. I saw 3000 do the grab release stuff on ness so i assume it can be done on lucas as well.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nobody cares about that. How many people entered? 15? NICE. I guess melee is making a revival.

Goodbye. :)

I'll try!!

Not like I really care or anything but Melee singles had more entrants then Brawl singles at Genesis.

*shrugs*

Noraa

Smash Lord
Inui, its real easy for lucas to beat ike.
All we have to do is get you off stage lmao

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, its real easy for lucas to beat ike.
All we have to do is get you off stage lmao
Uh... Not really. Ike's not THAT gimpable, and it's not easy for Lucas to get in on Ike.

Not like I really care or anything but Melee singles had more entrants then Brawl singles at Genesis.

*shrugs*

*sigh* As much as I love both you and Melee, this is false.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241080

This evidence here shows that Melee had 290 entrants, while Brawl had 292 entrants.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Lucas has the adv. vs Ike, that's for sure
Lucas' grab release animation is different form Ness', Lucas moves further, so Ike can't just grab+jab+grab
Fair spacing for Ike is good angaist Lucas, usually Ike jumps highier than a sh pk fire
Lucas' jab is faster so i'd be Lucas' main tool to punish Ike
Ike aerials autocancel, so as Lucas you have to know when you can approach
also Lucas gimps Ike, PKT's tail safely stop his upB, and PKF stops Ike's sideB, but not only that Ike can't do anything after that, because PKF doesn't hit him, it clash with Ike's attack
Ftilt is used fo spacing, and it is the best way to put Ike off stage
for me, it is a baiting and conditioning match up, i'd say Lucas is better at it (talking about player with the same level), that's why i say Lucas has the adv.

Top Bottom