• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P Metaknight= 8-1-09=go to results thread for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
So is Phil confirmed yet? I need to have some matches against him, and maybe... hopefully some Melee Pichu dittos against him.

... and I'll be sure to knock him out in the possible pokemon side event :)

This is awesome though, lots of OoS people comming.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
So is Phil confirmed yet? I need to have some matches against him, and maybe... hopefully some Melee Pichu dittos against him.

... and I'll be sure to knock him out in the possible pokemon side event :)

This is awesome though, lots of OoS people comming.
I'm confirmed. The Pichu dittos will happen.

Beat me in Pokemon? LOL I'm winning that.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
So who can offer the RGV housing for this event?

We offer plenty of:

- Bromance

- LULZ

- Mexicans

- at least 1 set up to get friendlies in before tournament

- love

- honesty

- kindness

- and we are good listeners

heytallman

CTALL
Well it seems like more and more people are showing interest so I'll post again.

DeAngelo wants me to run a Pokemon D/P/Pt tournament at HOBO 17. So since people are actually showing interest, IT SHALL HAPPEN.

HERE IS THE RULESET:

Standard OU (Smogon's tier list) SINGLES
Double elimination, best of 1 (in grand finals, one coming from loser's must win 2 games, and you may change Pokemon in between if necessary).
Free level (unless there's wifi at FunPlex, but you can just have someone candy your Pokemon for you on gameFAQs or somthing)

Competetive clauses:
Species clause - you may not have more than one of the same Pokemon on your team. Previous evolutions are allowed (i.e. you can have both a Porygon-Z and a Porygon2 on your team, but not 2 Porygon-Z's)

Sleep clause - You may not put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time. Rest does not count towards this total.

Freeze Clause - You may not freeze two of your opponent's Pokemon at the same time.

Evasion/OHKO clause - The following moves are banned:
Minimize
Double Team
Guillotine
Horn Drill
Sheer Cold
Fissure
Self-KO clause - If someone uses a move that kills both his and his opponent's last Pokemon (self-destruct, explosion, destiny bond, etc) then the user of this move loses. If the user dies due to recoil from life orb, poison, etc, then that player wins. This is to prevent ties.

There is no item clause in this tourney (you may have all six of your Pokemon holding leftovers, for all I care)

The following items are banned:
Soul Dew (only valid for latias)
BrightPowder
Quick Claw
Razor Fang
Quick Claw
Focus Band

And remember, no ubers - We will use Smogon's tier list. OU and below is fine.

And don't be a little ***** and use pokeSAV to hack your Pokemon. I'll be checking IV's if someone brings something into question.

Let's make this big.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
@Tallman

you need to ban these items as well: brightpowder, quick claw, and kings rock.
I agree with P4 here. We don't need Earthquakes missing, quick attacks flinch haxing, or fatass Pokemon going first *against naturally speedy and/or scarfed Pokemon for no reason*. The standard metagame bans them anyways, and luck should not be more of a determining factor than it already is.

On that note, Focus Band should also be added to the list. (Band, not Sash)

heytallman

CTALL
OK I updated the rules.

I ran a Pokemon tournament once, and people (knowledgable players, mind you) asked me why the hell I would ban those items. Personally I agree they should be banned. So I changed it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Edited because Tallman is such a Bonsly.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hmm... since I probably won't use my Qwilfish at this tourny, I might as well say what it is since it's so weird :p

Physical Wall
Leftovers
- Thunderwave
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab

Sounds terrible, does great. I love my little Infernape Counter :D

Actually... I don't know what most Qwilfish do to be honest xD. Rain Dance and Explode or something like that? I feel sad not knowing, he's one of my favorite pokemon too :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Magikarp, use Double Team!

Then use Explosion!

...wat?

heytallman

CTALL
Also, I'm thinking about banning Jirachi and Celebi, because the only real easy way to obtain them is through hacking. Jirachi is only available through some preorder disc for Pokemon Coliseum, which I doubt anyone here has, and Celebi was only available through the 10th anniversary event, which I doubt anyone here went to. Other than that, just hacking.

So, should I ban them? I've seen it done at other in game tournaments. I guess I should take a vote.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Also, I'm thinking about banning Jirachi and Celebi, because the only real easy way to obtain them is through hacking. Jirachi is only available through some preorder disc for Pokemon Coliseum, which I doubt anyone here has, and Celebi was only available through the 10th anniversary event, which I doubt anyone here went to. Other than that, just hacking.

So, should I ban them? I've seen it done at other in game tournaments. I guess I should take a vote.
Teehee, I have Jirachi and the bonus disc. Haxxors indeed.

Celebi...lol.

Gnes

Smash Master

I went to the event >.>. I might enter this...and **** u all with my 3rd generation SUPER MANGO ULTRA HYPER WOMBO KUNG FU POKEMONS!!!!

Hyro

Smash Lord
Wait, no mk? Doesn't that mean none of the tourney results count? :(

Argyris

Smash Journeyman

I think that they shouldn't be banned because they're not broken metagame-wise (and partially personal bias). However, if one of those two is brought into play, then as you said, there's a high chance that hacking was involved. If you don't ban them, then perhaps you should IV check every Celebi and Jirachi that enters the tournament.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I think that they shouldn't be banned because they're not broken metagame-wise (and partially personal bias). However, if one of those two is brought into play, then as you said, there's a high chance that hacking was involved. If you don't ban them, then perhaps you should IV check every Celebi and Jirachi that enters the tournament.
I think jirachi is pretty broken.

If he can set up a sub he could just flinch away an entire team with iron head and zen headbutt :ohwell:

Trela

Smash Lord
Crap.

It turns out that I wont be going to this. I'm leaving to North Carolina during this, so Trela is a no-show. Zac, you should go ahead and find another substitute teammate :(

The only way I could go to this is if I leave the week before this. That's not gonna happen lol.

=Trela=

Magik0722

Smash Champion

I have the preorder disc for coliseum and it allows em to get as many jirachis as i want (as long as i restart R/S)

I also went to the event for celebi and got it in 4 different carts, and i still have one to pick up.

heytallman

CTALL
Hm. OK then it seems like we have more NERDS entering this Pokemon tournament than I thought.

JK JK I'd totally go to the events too and stuff. So I guess Celebi and Jirachi shall remain legal, but I'll be doing IV checks for them, as Philmaster suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom