• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitstun and Grab-Release "Combos"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
on pika and lucas it's probably legit too, on edge air release characters probably from mid percentages as probably you need more time to position yourself for a regrab over te edge

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Xonar imo it would be way too difficult to grab someone on the edge of SV. It's already situational enough just landing a grab facing the right way on that thing. I'll say it again, RC is where this will truly be useful

noradseven

Smash Lord
Xonar imo it would be way too difficult to grab someone on the edge of SV. It's already situational enough just landing a grab facing the right way on that thing. I'll say it again, RC is where this will truly be useful
It will be useful on RC but even then its pushing it a bit, plus like 1/2 the cast has some lol infinite on the boat due to wall :D.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If I'm reading the chart right, it is wrong for MK. We can GR > Uair for free from anywhere but the very edge of the stage. This works both on the stage and off the stage. :3
Yay for another kill option!
Also, BUMP!

Adapt

Smash Lord
Hmmm... OS is claiming to have a possible infinite on the cast.

That should be interesting

I always thought we could get a uair on MK from a grab-release. I never really checked to see if it was guaranteed.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hmmm... OS is claiming to have a possible infinite on the cast.

That should be interesting

I always thought we could get a uair on MK from a grab-release. I never really checked to see if it was guaranteed.
Gotta uair at like... the last possible second. Makes killing MK so much easier. ANY STUN! :D

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
That's actually really really good, you should do this every time you grab MK then, we all know uair juggles are our best damage wrackers against MK. Good find. I wonder if there are any other releases that are tight timing like this and haven't been found yet.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
That's actually really really good, you should do this every time you grab MK then, we all know uair juggles are our best damage wrackers against MK. Good find. I wonder if there are any other releases that are tight timing like this and haven't been found yet.
Uair chains don't work very well if the first one is a rising uair. At low %s, MK can dair us for doing this. Maybe at mid %s, but at high %s I'd rather try to hold out until kill %.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I love OS but he has a history of throwing out BS to see how the community reacts.

ZSS probably does not have an infinite on the whole cast though that would be awesome.

EDIT: I just talked to him and it seems legit. heh

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'll wait for him to make the video because he wants it kept on the down lizzle bit basically he discovered a way for any character to do a running attack of any kind.

Does anyone remember this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249422

In it I proclaim the "must-be existence" of a neutral input that sets your character to zero. Basically Dekar and OS found it.

Without giving away this technique is or how it is performed (still not exactly clear myself), the idea behind this "infinite" is actually a "tech chase" of sorts. You would dsmash foostool dair (and not hit them with the dair) and then chase the reaction with a running dsmash on reaction (which OS claims) is possible.

I also hypothesize that with this neutral input we will be able to cancel dash attacks with nothing and our characters will slide across the stage, like in the thread above, but we'll wait until he makes his video.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'll wait for him to make the video because he wants it kept on the down lizzle bit basically he discovered a way for any character to do a running attack of any kind.

Does anyone remember this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249422

In it I proclaim the "must-be existence" of a neutral input that sets your character to zero. Basically Dekar and OS found it.

Without giving away this technique is or how it is performed (still not exactly clear myself), the idea behind this "infinite" is actually a "tech chase" of sorts. You would dsmash foostool dair (and not hit them with the dair) and then chase the reaction with a running dsmash on reaction (which OS claims) is possible.

I also hypothesize that with this neutral input we will be able to cancel dash attacks with nothing and our characters will slide across the stage, like in the thread above, but we'll wait until he makes his video.
I'll see when the video comes out, but I presume it involves karaing your dash attack with the "neutral" input.

ViperTGB

Smash Rookie
wavedash? :p
definitely the wavedash of brawl.

is the program coding of brawl able to be viewed somehow? i feel like this should have been found a LONG time ago if this is the case. This is all wavedashing was, you return to the neutral position after air dodging into the ground. I find it hard to believe the devs would allow the same segment of coding that caused wavedashing to be exploited AGAIN.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
definitely the wavedash of brawl.

is the program coding of brawl able to be viewed somehow? i feel like this should have been found a LONG time ago if this is the case. This is all wavedashing was, you return to the neutral position after air dodging into the ground. I find it hard to believe the devs would allow the same segment of coding that caused wavedashing to be exploited AGAIN.
Wavedashing was an exploit based on the physics of airdodging. In that sense, it was easier to find, and easier to eliminate. This sounds like a really weird dash attack glitch.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I knew it would be a variant of the d-smash>footstool>dair>repeat

A long time ago I found that one of the hits of dair will make any character bounce (a la jab-lock) which forces a getup. I just couldn't manage to reliably punish this with dair's ending lag. (if you do the insta-dair like in the rob infinite you can't hit with it)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Something like wavedash would be huge against characters like MK with grab release animations that end close to the ground. It'd probably give all characters that can auto release him more options. Like just theorizing, but imagine if Snake could do this DAC w/e AT and get an auto ftilt or utilt out of a release? Or DK with an auto dsmash or something dumb like that.

I'm gonna hold out on thinking about this too much until we see what it actually is but it sounds promising.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I knew it would be a variant of the d-smash>footstool>dair>repeat

A long time ago I found that one of the hits of dair will make any character bounce (a la jab-lock) which forces a getup. I just couldn't manage to reliably punish this with dair's ending lag. (if you do the insta-dair like in the rob infinite you can't hit with it)
Too bad you can only do the insta-dair against rob off of headtap, otherwise the rob infinite would work on everyone but okay.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Isn't this like the same as how you can mash left and right and change direction that the game still registers you has being in standing, as far as movement goes. Also anyword on how to do it yet.
I'm not entirely sure, so I'll let OS explain it. He explained it to me, but I don't want to post my false interpretation of his (weird) explanation on the forums as he kinda asked me not to. You can hop on IRC if you wanna chat about it. I'm there now.

Too bad you can only do the insta-dair against rob off of headtap, otherwise the rob infinite would work on everyone but okay
The ROB infinite will work on everyone now, but with a slightly different (less time sensitive) style of execution.

And ZSS will still suck.

Zero

Smash Hero
This deserves a bump cause none of you f@gotty ZSS mains know your grab release options
wut, you're the one who said that you need to bring a sheet with all of them written down to tournaments

i know who i can release safely and who i can't, thank you very much.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
This deserves a bump cause none of you f@gotty ZSS mains know your grab release options
NO U.

This **** is in my favourites from day one.
You're not coming to BiB so I'm mad at you >_>

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
How will the ROB Infinite work on everyone? Dair or DownB? Do you have to hit them with the weak Dair hitbox?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
How will the ROB Infinite work on everyone? Dair or DownB? Do you have to hit them with the weak Dair hitbox?
The footstool animation for ROB leaves players on the floor. Doing a dair of a down-b fast enough, results in us just being on the floor. Then, we lock the rob with a move, and repeat.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I know the ROB infinite, but he said it would work on all characters. If I D Smash then foot stool and buffer a Dair, Snake flies up in the air. If I delay the Dair a little he goes behind me on the ground. I can't tell if it's a forced stand up or not though, it doesn't look like it and I'd have to walk to hit him with the D smash, so he could roll away first. I've been trying for 10 minutes, altering the timing of the Dair and the Down B, but he's never anywhere near me except when I buffer the Dair, then he falls in front of me. I assume it differs from ROB because he has a Unique foot stool animation, but what exactly do you do... is it even an infinite or just somewhat hard to escape?

zApollo

Smash Ace
Snake's forced get-up from a footstool and delayed d-air does work on really low percents, and just once from what I know. His bounce distance depends on DI I guess, usually it's in d-smash range if buffered properly.

Top Bottom