• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hilt & Clowsui present: REVENGE - MIDWEST EAST V MIDWEST WEST ON STREAM 11:30 AM

Roller

Smash Legend
because I believe in the legitimacy of Brinstar/RC/PS2 as counterpicks

but it's worth consideration, i suppose.
Whether or not they're legit wouldn't be the issue. The issue is that you just said you wanted this to be APEX prep. Well I can guarantee you that every single one of my sets will be drastically different than my APEX sets if the unity stagelist is used over the APEX one. I legitimately can't even use my character for a game virtually every single set. Which will not at all be the case at APEX. So I see no way in which this tourney would prepare me any more than an mk banned, or a pictochat/norfair/japes/distant planet legal tourney would.

I'm against the mk ban, but yeah.. The stage thing is important.

Especially to me. :icsbrawl:

Please at least consider this. Could affect my attendance. :urg:

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you want prep for apex, use Apex ruleset. If you believe in the legitimacy of certain rules, then follow those rules. Don't call it Apex prep if it's not using Apex ruleset.

Also, still need a doubles main. >.>

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
From the start, the tournament was listed to be one that ran Unity. This was discussed among the two of us and is what we decided on. When the Meta Knight optional ban was announced, we had two options of what version of the rule set we would be going with. We are going with the Unity Rule Set that has Meta Knight legal, just as we said from the start.

I apologize if this makes you hesitant to come, Roller. And I would hate to see you not make it. But this is the decision we've come to. If you're going to call us out for sticking to what we say (regarding the Apex prep statement), then understand that we are sticking to what we said in it being a tournament run with the Unity Ruleset.

We are not using the Apex Ruleset. We are using Unity.

Again, I hope to see you here, Roller. We can money match if you make it :)

Since I'm not entering singles, I'm going to want to get quite a few money matches in.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Will probably be out of town for this. :( MLG event.

Might convince my girlfriend to come and deliver bead art if there are enough people wanting it at this one though.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Has it really been that long, SP. How about that. And yeah, definitely. Remind me at the tournament, I'll make sure we get a match in.

Bummer, OS. If you can convince Steph to go for bead art, I'd definitely have some orders to put in, haha. If not, I'll just get a hold of it some other way.

Also, good to hear, Bloodcross! Glad to see some more out-of-region interest, haha. Keep us updated!

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Hey SP, long time no see. I think I might need a doubles partner again. If you're interested. Also, we should definitely play here. I think you'll be surprised, I've progressed.

~ Sombra ~

Also, still looking for potential roommates for my buddy and me.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Also, good to hear, Bloodcross! Glad to see some more out-of-region interest, haha. Keep us updated!
Yeah, I wanted to go to the last siis but it was too late to prepare.

And I wanna know if there will be another siis before apex (which I kinda doubt).

Chances are I'll be going to this though (would probably be better to take a trip to Cincinnati before the winter)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Just got a job. Gonna try to make this if I don't work on weekends or something.

Kinda disappointed by the lack of MK ban though, but I don't even care so I'll try to make it anyway.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I won't be able to attend unfortunately guys, I took off Saturdays throughout the months of September and October for Soccer, and my work literally almost fired me for it. (I work at buffalo wild wings) so football season is essential, and they said when soccer is over which is in the next two weeks I have to work saturdays again, and if I call off well it would be bad news.

Sorry DLA, and Sovereign but I can't be there, and I doubt I will be going to anymore smash tournaments because MW3 is released in November with a new tournament controller that is usable on PS3 so it means I'm going to MLG for that =)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I won't be able to attend unfortunately guys, I took off Saturdays throughout the months of September and October for Soccer, and my work literally almost fired me for it. (I work at buffalo wild wings) so football season is essential, and they said when soccer is over which is in the next two weeks I have to work saturdays again, and if I call off well it would be bad news.

Sorry DLA, and Sovereign but I can't be there, and I doubt I will be going to anymore smash tournaments because MW3 is released in November with a new tournament controller that is usable on PS3 so it means I'm going to MLG for that =)
Well, I'm a little saddened by this, but at least you've got your priorities together. I hope everything goes well for you, Fonz. Maybe, when you actually get time, and can make it out to another tournament, I'll be there. Ganon dittos with you are the best. Hope to see you soon, though.

Oh and Crystal(that was with me at King's Island) says, "Hi".

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Well, Looks like Infern and I might have to stop by up there and kick it with you all before we move to Texas

Legan

Smash Lord
if my boys are going then Ill see what I can do about making it out. Im moving to chicago this weekend tho so I dunno about transportation anymore.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
if my boys are going then Ill see what I can do about making it out. Im moving to chicago this weekend tho so I dunno about transportation anymore.
A beautiful someone, I'm interested in, lives in Chicago. I've been trying to get over there to see her for a while.

What's up with everyone moving to somewhere in IL?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
nooooo fonz. oh well.

I doubt my static partners going to this so does anyone want to team? At locals I usually place in the money for dubz (singles too, lately)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
If I could get to this for doubles, I'd team with you DLA. I'd go MK or Sonic, in dubz. I've placed in the money for dubz at locals, as well.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
hahah thats whatsup Sov, tell Crystal I said hi, and if my memory serves me right she was sexy. LOL so im down to see her at Kings island again, fo sho!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
hahah thats whatsup Sov, tell Crystal I said hi, and if my memory serves me right she was sexy. LOL so im down to see her at Kings island again, fo sho!
LOL! You better believe I'm telling her. I'm actually making her come with me to Cinci for the after party. We're going to jam it out with the God Kais, again. It's about to be hype.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
LOL! You better believe I'm telling her. I'm actually making her come with me to Cinci for the after party. We're going to jam it out with the God Kais, again. It's about to be hype.
nice, wish i could be there, oh well. you will have to come to Springfield sometime

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have a feeling I will need a partner for this as well. I almost always place in the money these days at local dubs. Didn't do too shabby at SIIS6 as well. Prefer :metaknight:. :warioc: and :gw: are also ideal.

Top Bottom