• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Ryker, I don't understand why you're asking about my thoughts on felipe vs Auspher just to ignore my request to elaborate. You know felipe's play better than anybody else in this game so if you wanna make a point clear you should either just spill the beans and tell us or at least respond to me:

:059:

I'm afraid that I missed it. Where's that at?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Oh okay, that's not reaching at all.

Gheb, the whole thing was a joke. The idea that I would replace out in the first place was a joke, and the reason I stayed in was part of the same joke.

You even mentioned "saving your sanity" and another game looking tempting "right now" at first [you relate "saving your sanity" to the game becoming a weeaboo hell pit but in the same post you mention that you don't even know the flavor].
You don't need to know the flavor of something to understand that it's appeal is aimed towards a certain demographic. I could tell that just from looking at the name and picture on the op.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

Okay, so we want to narrow down the focus here. There's four players here who can reasonably be lynched today, so we want to get everyone to weigh in on EACH of them. Don't just tell us which one you would be most willing to part with. Your choices are:

Joey, the uncommital,
RR, the off-topic,
Auspher, the strangely defensive,
and Sworddancer, the town lyncher.

There's more than enough content here to form a read on each of these players, that's why they're here, so don't give us some bull**** cop-out answers as we will call you on it.

We'd be willing to lynch most of them. There's only one who we would miss at this point.
Newpage'd.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
2.) Vague question. The "weakest link" of what? The town? Or the mafia? From which point of view are we assuming felipe to have voted him? From the town trying to get rid of what he believes to be the weakest townie? Or from mafia trying to distance his weakest scum mate? From mafia picking the easiest target?

It doesn't really matter how you perceived it, I just wanted to know your opinion about the interaction.
Whatever your viewpoint was, I would've gotten information out of it in any case.

#HBC | Dancer

Actually, TM, I was about to answer your question, but I think it would be better if some other people got a chance first to answer without seeing my input.

#HBC | Dancer

I've actually pretty much already given my reads on those players anyways, expect for Joey.

@Gheb: Why did you need me to point out that? If that was what you were getting at, why couldn't you of just pointed it out yourself? What benefit was there for me to guess at it?

D

Deleted member

What is RvS? I'm not understanding what RR is being accused of?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It doesn't really matter how you perceived it, I just wanted to know your opinion about the interaction.
Whatever your viewpoint was, I would've gotten information out of it in any case.
Well if it helps you then, I think this is the kind of interaction I try to not read too much into. I'm usually more concerned with who avoids to take a stance in these early situations.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
RVS is considered to be the "meet & greet" stage of the game in which players introduce themselves and start distributing votes. It is also a starting place to push FoSes on other players based on confirmation phase or from absolutely immaterial topics in order to gauge opinions & interest.

@ Auspher what about Swords strikes you as town? What do you think of my interaction with Swords?
@ Felipe how am I a null lean town read to you. What does that even mean when it comes down to a lynch.
@ tHe-Man If I told you I was disappointed in how two slots are playing, which ones do you think I would be referring to and why?

:phone:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
You read was logical, but at the same time it was way to deep. Thats why you are leaning to me, because you tryed to get info from me, but not in a pushy, or ilogical way.

D

Deleted member

@Acrostic, I never said sword strikes me as town. I said he could be trying to spirit us all away. o_o

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

Yo Acrostic!

Just reading some of your posts.

Also I've never played with Brosuke, but I'm not too worried about inexperience with regards to that slot as Ryker I'm assuming would serve as a mentor if he is a new player. I'm more concerned about Ryker than Brosuke.
Back in the days I used to play like 10 games simultaneously lawl
Then time took over.
@ tHe-Man If I told you I was disappointed in how two slots are playing, which ones do you think I would be referring to and why?
Why don't you tell me? Also (@everyone), a response?

Last but not least
How many mafia are in this setup?

You're the odd one, I like you.

And RR, reply to our questions will ya?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Acrostic, I never said sword strikes me as town. I said he could be trying to spirit us all away. o_o
Right. I apologize. Not only did I confuse your post for ORI, I also misread what ORI was trying to state (embarrassed :embarrass:). Let me ask you another question, does Felipe's recent play, especially the response he just posted come across as null (neither town or mafia) or does it make you reconsider your thoughts on whether he could be scum. And even if there are no better reasons that strike you at the moment to FoS someone else, is there anything you feel is off about the current pace of the game?

It is okay to reconsider things in forum mafia. Especially when you are stuck on someone, it might be more beneficial for you to look at other players who you think you could read via question and response. You also might try look at things that other people do not. For instance, do you really think I typed up this paragraph up by using a phone? And why would I imply that I am using a mobile device to type this up when I am not. Do you think that me using some form of deception is scummy? Or do you think that there is no great significance to it.

D

Deleted member

Or you could just be like me and choose for the mobile device to be hidden. :awesome:

My vote isn't budging. I think Felipe is in the mafia, mainly because of the defensive action he took earlier to try and pass off suspicion.

On RR, I don't think he should be accused for RvS(what does that stand for, specifically?). He's just being silly. :3

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Why don't you tell me? Also (@everyone),a response?
I am disappointed in JO_OEY for getting too interested with regards to Swords/Auspher. In the last game I was in with JO_OEY, he made a great initial impression in how he was able to spread reads around with each player in relation to their post. I felt good about his slot being town at an early point in the game. As for the second slot, I don't want to disclose it at this time as I believe they are being hindered by RVS and will step up their game at a later point.

I have had experience with games where players who have played below my expectations have turned out scum since there was such a discrepancy between what I observed between their town play and their scum play. They were good at expressing curiosity in finding scum, but not nearly as good as attempting to emulate it. I will be keeping tabs on these players as we transition into later today and even mid-game to see how they pan out.

tHe-Man said:
Last but not least How many mafia are in this setup? You're the odd one, I like you.
It didn't work out like I had hoped. The question is supposed to be a variation of a pressure question I used in RVS in Ragnarok. Except, I added another layer to it. I feel that mafia would be avoid the question or deflect it in some manner as they know the answer to it. Town that can derive it's implication would also feel self-conscious or wouldn't get it if they are the type of players to be non-perceptive. To be honest, it is more reliable as a personality test than an alignment test. But there are ways that it can be answered to give me a town tell which both J/RR did not respond in when I posed the question. Their responses were mostly null which is the usual outcome of a test that has a very peculiar answer.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Is he being ignorant?
Re-read to understand context. I think Gheb is prioritizing on something he found more important in RVS in order to formulate a read rather than spent time dedicating his questions to a relationship that he has determined would give him less information. I don't think he is being ignorant. I do however highly doubt that Felipe/Auspher are a scum team based on how they are interacting with one another. I've seen a lot of new town/new scum from epicmafia and I've got to say that Auspher's play initial play was more indicative of new

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I accused him, so then I became the suspicious character in his eyes.
Well, obviously I'm asking you to be concrete. What were you accusing him of and how does it lead to him being scummy? If the deflection is scummy then he must deflect a legitimate point - I want you to tell me what that point is.

D

Deleted member

He didn't like that I agreed with Acrostic and then therefore, I became the scummy one in his eyes. The "I am rubber you are glue" argument. I think that just makes him more suspicious because of that defensive option.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, I recall you saying something along the lines that I'm slight leaning scum and Auspher town. Could you explain more into that?

What do you think of me vs. Auspher and why? Now what do you think specifically of Auspher's 50?
Where did I say you were leaning scum and Auspher town again? I don't think I said that. You and Auspher reminds me a lot of you in KvD with Fynal and it makes me wary of you but in that game you were town, regardless I still didn't like it there nor do I necessarily care for it here.

Auspher's 50 is a bit over-defensive but I could see either n00btown or n00bscum from it so I'd say it's null for me.

How is that intention limited to our slot?
You've met Ryker yes?

So J, do you think we considered putting you on the list?
Which list may that be? The four strong ones or the lynch list? First one, kindof. Second one, you wavered on it for like a couple minutes but decided to not put me on there to see what I do based on the list and who I pick I'd thiiiiiink. Also all I have been putting out is a bunch of null posts imo so there really is not anything to damn me nor praise me yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He didn't like that I agreed with Acrostic and then therefore, I became the scummy one in his eyes.
Do you actually think Acrostic's "case" on him is still valid? If so you still need to explain why it was suspicious of felipe to point out the two rules pre-game.
Would you find it suspicious if somebody else were to vote you for agreeing with Acrostic?

D

Deleted member

It's not even so much about Acrostic's case anymore and more about his actions afterward.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline 10/23, 11:59 PM EST

JO_OEY [0]
tHe-Man [1] Red Ryu
Acrostic [0]
Crimson King [0]
Red Ryu [0]
ORI_bro [0]
felipe_9595 [2] Acrostic, Auspher
Auspher [1] Sworddancer
J [0]
SangfroidWarrior [1] J
Sworddancer [1] Gheb
Balatro [0]
Gheb [0]

#HBC | Dancer

v/la today and tomorrow. Got a speech to write right now and I'm tired as ****, plus tomorrow I'm going over to a friend's house.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ J: In Gheb's #159 he refers to Xonar as Ryker, despite Xonar explicitly clarifying that he is the one speaking among the hydra pair via his female gifs and his commentary with that he dislikes Ryker voting without his attention. Do you believe that this interaction is indicative of any sort of particular relationship between the two slots?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Finished page 2 and I have a few things I want to respond to before I continue. I'll give my notes after a full read-up.

@J, Gheb, and Sang: What do you guys think of Ryker's 36? Was that necessary and/or helpful? Did he need to do that?
I feel flattered that he considers me a threating player but I don't feel that it was completely necessary. It may have been helpful for some of the newbies but not for other players. He didn't need to do that but not doing so when somebody had asked him to would have looked bad. What do you think of it? What are you gaining from this line of questioning, being as you targeted the other three he has on his list?

I mean, I honestly think they could be mafia partners, since he did attack me right as soon as he thought feline was in danger.
I don't necessarily agree with this, as has been stated before by Acrostic. Could you explain your reasoning for this a little more? Why do you think scum would automatically buddy up to their scummates?

[B]Vote: SangfroidWarrior[/B]

:3c Do I get to mess with you again this game?[/quote]

[B]Vote: J[/B]

Nothing is really gonna stop you, is it? So, go ahead, I guess. Do I get to mess with [I]you[/I] again this game?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No, not necessarily considering that he could just be confuddled in thread at to which person he is speaking too. Anyone could have made the mistake regardless of if they were on TM's team or not. With the interaction between the two, it isn't really indicative of anything until we get more flips.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: J

Nothing is really gonna stop you, is it? So, go ahead, I guess. Do I get to mess with you again this game?
You do not know how much this makes me wanna lynch you. Or maybe you do and that's why you did it? Knowing you, you would do the latter.

When have you messed with me in a forum game? Why do you have the attitude that I wouldn't stop?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
When have you messed with me in a forum game? Why do you have the attitude that I wouldn't stop?
1) I don't think I have. Just joking around with you. 2) Because I know you and you even threatened before this game started that you would mess with me. Plus, I have no energy to try.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Iiiiiiii did say I wanted to mess around with you and that's actually why we joined this game.

However, I forgot about that. =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Let us go over this:

We joined this game because we wanted to play again together
-then I said I wanted to mess with you
-Game started
-I forgot about what I said and just voted you because I felt like voting you
-You posted a post that I took as taunting a bit which made me kindof wanna stay on just for the fun of it
-we are here and I think confused.

Sang, when are your notes going to be up?

Top Bottom