• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
RR I can't see for what reasons why you like RVS so much, but to each his own. In any case, it would be awfully nice of you to get invovled with what is gonna on around, and not to refuse to join it because of some weird philosophy you have.

Your response to those reads I asked you I'll just take as a "I don't know."

Felipe could you expend upon this?

Auspher for me is leaning scummy, i really didnt like his responses.

D

Deleted member

Auspher: <3
D'aww, at least someone likes me in this game. <3

I really think Sworddancer is the demon of the Cotton-Drifting Festival. He's trying to spirit us away...maybe.

My suspicions kind of grow with Felipe, given the response along the lines of "since you voted for me, I'm suspicious of you". So my vote stays.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Want reasoning?

1- You jumped on the wagon 3 minutes after, with the excuse of the "Elaborate Reasoning" of Acrostic

2- later, when SW asked you, you said tehre was nothing to go on, so it was worth. How is worth to town to lynch someone, without even reading him, in the beginning of the day????

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote Sworddancer

How serious were you about replacing out at the beginning of the game?

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And to make this clear: Yes, I have read everything in this thread so far but I still want this clarified the most.

Balatro

Smash Rookie
2. tHe-Man (Ryker/Brosuke)

Good. Very good. Will end up looking exactly as scummy as he wants to and be able to push just about anything he sets his mind to.
Why would you want yourself to look scummy?

5. Red Ryu

Probably the cop. He will most likely be mislynched if he's town. Possible threat if he's scum.
How did you reach this conclusion, or can you not say? Why would you make this public?

Suspicion: Ryker

13. Gheb

Some ******* European furry. He's dangerous and on my list of four. He has a bad habit of not pursuing his reads, but when he does pursue them, he is good at making them happen. I won't vouch for the accuracy of his reads as they're 50/50.
Why is he dangerous, if when on the occasion he does pursue his reads, you say they're 50/50. Is 50/50 a good read ratio? I would have thought that is the same as guessing. Added to the fact you say he often doesn;t follow his reads - why class him as dangerous at all?

Balatro

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I do have more things I wanted to say but I don't have much time at the moment - will get stuck on tonight :3 Ryker/tHE-MAN what is your thoughts on the rapid voting and accusing that happened with Arcostic, Sworddancer. and Auspher?

I think I may be based in a different timezone to you guys because I woke up to 7 more pages of posts!

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
So, I've been reading this thread, and I've come to a few questions.

Sworddancer, would you describe Red Ryu as fluff-town?
If so, should we keep him alive?
If not, what merit is there in keeping him alive?

Red Ryu, how are you? Could you care explaining to me what you think Acrostics INTENTIONS are when she's asking how many mafia there are?
Is Sworddancer scummy for wanting to end the RvS or just dumbtown?

Gheb, what's up with this post?
Is Felipe voting on Auspher because Auspher is the weakest link?
What do you think about the underlined words down here?
Want reasoning?

1- You jumped on the wagon 3 minutes after, with the excuse of the "Elaborate Reasoning" of Acrostic

2- later, when SW asked you, you said tehre was nothing to go on, so it was worth. How is worth to town to lynch someone, without even reading him, in the beginning of the day????

Some of you might remember Cirno. Cirno was a good player, because he looked at the intentions of people.
Now, this post has caught my attention.

J, what is odd about looking towards intentions? What's wrong with putting a slight dent of pressure on Felipe based on this?

unvote for now, because I don't like Ryker voting without my permission :woman::woman::woman::woman::woman::woman::woman:

#HBC | Dancer

TM said:
Sworddancer, would you describe Red Ryu as fluff-town?
If so, should we keep him alive?
If not, what merit is there in keeping him alive?
No actually, not really. He has made some posts which I would consider irrelevant, but supposedly according to him this is all just because of his mafia RVS philosophy. Fluff town implies that someone is constantly posting irrelevant material in an attempt to simply look like they are active, or at least posting more content then they actually are. RR has made no attempt to pass off the stuff that he is posting as relevant. Plus, this game has simply not been going on long enough for me to say rather or not he is truly trying to fluff.

For the time being, there really is no merit to keeping him alive nor killing him over anyone else.

If you're asking that question in the sense of "We have to kill someone right now," then yeah, RR will probably be up there as one of my two picks.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
TM said:
J, what is odd about looking towards intentions? What's wrong with putting a slight dent of pressure on Felipe based on this?
Is this Xonar duder first off? Second off, Kay Faraday = <333.

Moving on, I don't see anything odd about looking into the intentions behind posts because that is actually what helps me be able to read some specific slots. One slot in particular though I know I will not be able to use intentions for is quite frankly your slot since the intention is to never die and always live till the end regardless whether your slot is right or wrong. =P

There is nothing wrong with putting some pressure on Felipe based on it but I just don't think it's that telling of anything. *shrug*

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, where are you? ;_;

#HBC | Dancer

@Sword's: what does "Isn't this just the same side over again? 0_0" mean, I am unclear about thus point.
This was referring to Joey's 60:

Doesn't pointing out a gambit ruin it?

Unvote

Honestly, I was going to say how bad your accusations looked, since Auspher's perspective on what Acrostic said seems very believable since hes new to forum mafia, but his responses to what you've said are making me doubt him. On one side, I don't see why he would agree to what Acrostic said so early unless he actually agreed with it and thought it was special. I can't see it as sheeping xD. On the other side though, I don't like the way he responded to you at all, since it seems to come off as an attack.

Neither side is really worth the vote though XD.
Here he is talking about me vs. Auspher.

When he said "On one side," he described something about Auspher. However, when he said "on the other side," he again described something about Auspher. Since I thought he was contrasting both me and Auspher, that I naturally would have to be on "the other side." However, I wasn't, which confused me.

#HBC | Dancer

J, I recall you saying something along the lines that I'm slight leaning scum and Auspher town. Could you explain more into that?

What do you think of me vs. Auspher and why? Now what do you think specifically of Auspher's 50?

ORI_bro has been viewing this thread forever and needs to post.

Was considering giving out some reads, but things are way too early now. I have to let things devolp a bit more before I do so.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
No actually, not really. He has made some posts which I would consider irrelevant, but supposedly according to him this is all just because of his mafia RVS philosophy. Fluff town implies that someone is constantly posting irrelevant material in an attempt to simply look like they are active, or at least posting more content then they actually are. RR has made no attempt to pass off the stuff that he is posting as relevant. Plus, this game has simply not been going on long enough for me to say rather or not he is truly trying to fluff.

For the time being, there really is no merit to keeping him alive nor killing him over anyone else.

It is because of his mafia RVS philosophy? Do quote.

Also, fluff town is indeed someone posting irrelevant/uninformative material to look active, but they don't actively need to try to pass it off as relevant.
- If RR would continue through the game posting like this, what would you do to get him to talk again?
- What if he answers more of your questions with 10 words tops?
- If you have a read on him as flufftown, why kill him?
- It will give a low amount of information and effectively kill at least 2 townies (lynch and nightkill + whatever else might happen), so yeah, why is he in your top picks?

There is nothing wrong with putting some pressure on Felipe based on it but I just don't think it's that telling of anything. *shrug*

Is it a cover to lead into the "I'm new" excuse thus being scummy, or is it just a towny making a mistake?
Who profits more from reading the OP, a towny or a scummy? Why? Did you read everything including flavor information?

Sword, why don't you tell us about your read on us before Joey answers? Even if you don't want to give reads out yet 'cause its early, this would help towards your case vs Joey, right?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
One slot in particular though I know I will not be able to use intentions for is quite frankly your slot since the intention is to never die and always live till the end regardless whether your slot is right or wrong. =P

How is that intention limited to our slot?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Didn't realize this game had started. I was busy all yesterday and I fell asleep early. Looks like this game is going pretty quickly so I'm gonna try to catch up before it goes too far.

#HBC | Dancer

It is because of his mafia RVS philosophy? Do quote.

Also, fluff town is indeed someone posting irrelevant/uninformative material to look active, but they don't actively need to try to pass it off as relevant.
- If RR would continue through the game posting like this, what would you do to get him to talk again?
- What if he answers more of your questions with 10 words tops?
- If you have a read on him as flufftown, why kill him?
- It will give a low amount of information and effectively kill at least 2 townies (lynch and nightkill + whatever else might happen), so yeah, why is he in your top picks?
I'll quote after this post.

Okay, wait, I had a brainfart. You said "fluff town" as in a someone who IS townie and fluffing, for some reason I just interpreted that as "fluff player." Okay, yeah, if I was going off the assumption that he was fluff town, then I wouldn't kill him.

However, I don't actually read him that way (as fluff town) for the time being.

Anyways, to answer the rest of your questions:

-I don't know, depends on the circumstances. If I found no one else scummy then I would try to build a wagon I suppose (this is assuming that I'm not reading him as fluff town, which in which case I'll just let him be, or maybe ask him some questions).
-Then it would allow me to give a batter evaluation of him.
-Yeah, I wouldn't try to kill him if I reed him as fluff town.
-I put him in my top picks as people I would kill if I had to kill someone right now, and I did so unaware that the question had me so that I was assuming he was town.

#HBC | Dancer

Sworddancer why are you trying to end RvS?
RvS has a purpose in mafia, it lead sot figuring out how people are playing in the game and will lead into serious discussion once it gets out of RvS.

Do you find RvS useless J?

Also which Pheonix wright character should I use in this game.
Yes because RvS isn't over until it is clear it is.

Aka, don't care what Swords says about it.
Here you go, TM.

Also to answer your bottom part of your post, I may not really even have a case against Joey. Right now I need an answer to my 135 before anything.

Still want my read on you?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Here you go, TM.

Also to answer your bottom part of your post, I may not really even have a case against Joey. Right now I need an answer to my 135 before anything.

Still want my read on you?

Nowhere in there is it said that you should play RvS by being fluffy though.

I'll leave it at this for now, though. I'd like to discuss with my other half before posting more.
We out

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR I can't see for what reasons why you like RVS so much, but to each his own. In any case, it would be awfully nice of you to get invovled with what is gonna on around, and not to refuse to join it because of some weird philosophy you have.

Your response to those reads I asked you I'll just take as a "I don't know."

Felipe could you expend upon this?
Like I said, no clear reads at that moment. Almost everyone is at null atm and a lot of players haven't posted. *hint reason I want to keep RvS going hint*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, what's up with this post?
Is Felipe voting on Auspher because Auspher is the weakest link?
What do you think about the underlined words down here?
1.) Something to keep in mind for later when we know more about the two players involved. Since you asked me I've actually formed my own opinion on it now but I don't see the benefit of bringing it to the table at the moment outweighing the cons of doing so.

2.) Vague question. The "weakest link" of what? The town? Or the mafia? From which point of view are we assuming felipe to have voted him? From the town trying to get rid of what he believes to be the weakest townie? Or from mafia trying to distance his weakest scum mate? From mafia picking the easiest target?

3.) Definitely exaggerations, intentional or not. There was neither a "wagon" nor a "lynch" in sight so he either gravely misinterpreted the situation or tried to achieve something. Or he was just being careless with his wording or still not familiar with ours. I personally doubt that he has a legitimate scum-read on Auspher - or at least I don't consider it to be a legitimate read.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sorry for not posting sooner haha very busy with studyibg for a Japanese exam and I would just lurk reading up on posts.

Sworddancer by far has been posting the most and seems to have the best reasoning behind his posts. I kinda feel like he could be mafia :urg: but then again it could be my lack of experience playing woth you all. I' I'm kinda starting to know how everyone plays by reading up.

Auspher is also looking suspiscous with him agreeing with people on and off.

What i find the most interesting is that how quick Red Ryu was put on the spot.

As for my vote, I'm leaning towards Sword, and maybe felipe. I will post more later, but i need to get back to focusing in my BIO lecture. I wanted to get a few quick points/observations on the field.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Boy, jumping to conclusions awfully fast, aren't we?

I'm not mad. I'm just pointing out that you're wrong, and I don't like how you immediately came into this game sheeping someone. Perhaps I should of elaborated a little more.

Acrostic's reasoning is indeed about as good as your going to get just starting out. However, nothing about it was in the slightest "impressive," nor was it really even "good" reasoning. You're acting like he may actually have a good argument against Felipe so early on when in reality there is nothing there that anyone could or should truly go off of.
That's as good as Acro will post and his reasoning wasn't impressive? Trying to understand the first sentence.

Also swords.

@Sword's: what does "Isn't this just the same side over again? 0_0" mean, I am unclear about thus point.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sworddancer by far has been posting the most and seems to have the best reasoning behind his posts. I kinda feel like he could be mafia...

[...]

Auspher is also looking suspiscous with him agreeing with people on and off.

What i find the most interesting is that how quick Red Ryu was put on the spot.
Elaborate on all these points.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
To expand a bit on that: you, Ori, are saying you'd be willing to vote Sworddancer out of all people yet you also give him the credit of being the most believable player so far. That's a direct contradiction to what town is looking for =/

#HBC | Dancer

Let's assume I don't believe you when you say you weren't serious - couldn't you tell what I might be accusing you of?

This is all just revolving around around what I said pregame, right?

If so, then I could only guess. Maybe you think I was buddying people with my reason for staying (post #9)? Or maybe you're using meta, knowing that I hate playing as scum and thus might consider replacing out of a game where I get a scum role?

Gheb, what's the point of this questioning?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

Morning, gang.

Why would you want yourself to look scummy?
Scummy people don't die in the night. That, or maybe I just want to forge an excuse for me acting scummy in the future so I can get away with it because I'm not town. Do you think I'm acting scummy right now?

How did you reach this conclusion, or can you not say? Why would you make this public?
RR's history and incredible ability to always draw a PR.

Suspicion: Ryker
What about that quote lead you to suspect me? Or do you admit to trying to set me up as a mislynch because I said something that sounded funny, but was not actually scummy?

Why is he dangerous, if when on the occasion he does pursue his reads, you say they're 50/50. Is 50/50 a good read ratio? I would have thought that is the same as guessing. Added to the fact you say he often doesn;t follow his reads - why class him as dangerous at all?
Unlike you and the majority of the player list. He can actually push his case through to a lynch. Most other players in this game will have to piggyback on the persuasive skills of a small number of us.

Balatro, do you often think about the motivation of a move instead of the surface value?

#HBC | Dancer

Nowhere in there is it said that you should play RvS by being fluffy though.

I'll leave it at this for now, though. I'd like to discuss with my other half before posting more.
We out
I suppose. I was just going off of the assumption that that is how RVS is pretty much always played out (by fluff).

@RR: My 134.

#HBC | Dancer

RR said:
That's as good as Acro will post and his reasoning wasn't impressive? Trying to understand the first sentence.
Sorry I skipped this, RR. Anyways, what I'm saying is that, for a game that just started, what Acro posted was about as good of reasoning as you were going to get. However, without the context of it being just the start of the game, it really wasn't good reasoning at all. Without context, the reasoning was actually quite reaching.

With or without context, it really wasn't impressive and it shouldn't be treated as such.

---

A read which I feel like I can make clear now is Auspher. Right now I have him as slight scum, mainly because of his 50, which was really off putting to. The whole part where I said he was "sheeping" is honestly a very minor point, as I realize that could of been him simply of being friendly. I do hold it against him, just not very strongly.

His 50 on the other hand came out very underhandedly and was entirely unnecessary. He immediately inserts the newbie card and tries to play me off as an experienced player trying to beat up on a newbie, when there was no real evidence for that.

Scum motivation: Spread FUD around my push on him, as evidenced by the fact that he didn't have to do that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, what's the point of this questioning?
There you have it:

This is all just revolving around around what I said pregame, right?

[...]

Or maybe you're using meta, knowing that I hate playing as scum and thus might
consider replacing out of a game where I get a scum role?
That's what I was trying to get at. Looking at posts #6 - #9 pregame your reason to stay in the game look a lot more like you were joking than your reasoning for contemplating replacement. You even mentioned "saving your sanity" and another game looking tempting "right now" at first [you relate "saving your sanity" to the game becoming a weeaboo hell pit but in the same post you mention that you don't even know the flavor]. Sounds like a cop-out but not really that jokey, compared to your decision to actually stay, which is the player list - "What a wonderful thing that is" sounds more like joke than the reason you provided for replacing out.

So no, I don't really buy it when you say you were joking about it because you were only joking about the exact opposite of replacing out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ryker, I don't understand why you're asking about my thoughts on felipe vs Auspher just to ignore my request to elaborate. You know felipe's play better than anybody else in this game so if you wanna make a point clear you should either just spill the beans and tell us or at least respond to me:

2.) Vague question. The "weakest link" of what? The town? Or the mafia? From which point of view are we assuming felipe to have voted him? From the town trying to get rid of what he believes to be the weakest townie? Or from mafia trying to distance his weakest scum mate? From mafia picking the easiest target?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

Okay, so we want to narrow down the focus here. There's four players here who can reasonably be lynched today, so we want to get everyone to weigh in on EACH of them. Don't just tell us which one you would be most willing to part with. Your choices are:

Joey, the uncommital,
RR, the off-topic,
Auspher, the strangely defensive,
and Sworddancer, the town lyncher.

There's more than enough content here to form a read on each of these players, that's why they're here, so don't give us some bull**** cop-out answers as we will call you on it.

We'd be willing to lynch most of them. There's only one who we would miss at this point.

Top Bottom