• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Page 3 done. More things to ask about.

RvS has a purpose in mafia, it lead sot figuring out how people are playing in the game and will lead into serious discussion once it gets out of RvS.
Could you explain to me how this helps us later on in the game besides figuring out how people play. Could you explain that part as well?

Oh Phoenix Wright. Nevermind. I skipped all those posts. Does anyone else know how many mafia there are in this setup?
Nobody honestly knows unless they are scum, and scum aren't going to tell you because it will out them. I get that you are trying to slip someone up by getting them to tell you but it's not going to work and it's hardly going to get people to think that you are town off of this null point.

Auspher for me is leaning scummy, i really didnt like his responses.
Alright. IIRC, you're the third person to have said something like this. Would you mind elaborating on this?

Also, @Everyone that has made a similar point to this one, could you please explain why you think that?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
SW said:
Nobody honestly knows unless they are scum, and scum aren't going to tell you because it will out them.
Yeah no kidding. If you're going to go with that thought process, than nothing may still be something.

SW said:
I get that you are trying to slip someone up by getting them to tell you but it's not going to work and it's hardly going to get people to think that you are town off of this null point.
No. That's not it. Please stop thinking on the surface and read my explanation. I was looking for some minor reactions and the test wasn't something to give me definitive reads, but something I could hopefully use somewhere as a cross-reference. I already explained the results as being null. That's not the type of question you ask in order to win brownie townie points. I'm offended you think I would ask a question like this to appear pro-town when you should have some idea of how I do play from Newbie 10.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Just finished page 4. Not a whole lot to question but still a few things.

What do you think about the underlined words down here?
Are we arguing semantics here, or do you legitimately dislike this? Do you think it could be a scumslip of some sort?

Sworddancer by far has been posting the most and seems to have the best reasoning behind his posts. I kinda feel like he could be mafia :urg: but then again it could be my lack of experience playing woth you all. I' I'm kinda starting to know how everyone plays by reading up.
Could you clarify this a little bit? It seems as if you are praising Sword, and yet you dislike him and think he could be mafia. Why do you think that? Do you have evidence to back this up or is it more of a gut feeling?

@tHe-Man. First off, got any way I can abbreviate your name? TM just seems to generic. Secondly, I'll answer your #160 once I finish reading the last page.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
No. That's not it. Please stop thinking on the surface and read my explanation. I was looking for some minor reactions and the test wasn't something to give me definitive reads, but something I could hopefully use somewhere as a cross-reference. I already explained the results as being null. That's not the type of question you ask in order to win brownie townie points. I'm offended you think I would ask a question like this to appear pro-town when you should have some idea of how I do play from Newbie 10.
I realize you were trying to get some sort of reaction from people. I wasn't necessarily reading on the surface but, to me, it seems like even doing that would not bring any substantial value to reads. May I ask what you have gained from that, and elaborate on your plan for that in the first place? You may have said the results were null, but there must be something. Also, I wasn't saying that you were saying that to seem more like town. I was just saying that, to some that like to overthink things, it might even make you look like scum. Never played with you in Newbie 10 but I did have fun playing with you in Newbie 13, but you were scum in that so I can't really take away things from how you play. Also, you are just an anomoly to me. I can't read you very well. I apologize for any misunderstandings.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I realize you were trying to get some sort of reaction from people. I wasn't necessarily reading on the surface but, to me, it seems like even doing that would not bring any substantial value to reads. May I ask what you have gained from that, and elaborate on your plan for that in the first place?
I already answered this question in my #178. The results were bust. RR was drunk and J is not someone whose reactions I take at face value given his experience. The plan to bait an answer from one of the newer players that have been lurking i.e. Balatro/ORI_Bro to have some starting point for me to go into further questions. If there was someone who answered it in a satisfactory manner, I would also have been favorable to the slot. That is all.

Sangfroid said:
You may have said the results were null, but there must be something.
No. The test failed. Nothing significant to share.

Sangfroid said:
Also, I wasn't saying that you were saying that to seem more like town. I was just saying that, to some that like to overthink things, it might even make you look like scum. Never played with you in Newbie 10 but I did have fun playing with you in Newbie 13, but you were scum in that so I can't really take away things from how you play. Also, you are just an anomoly to me. I can't read you very well. I apologize for any misunderstandings.
I forgot that you were also in FF IX mafia with me when I was cop. I do believe that the way I play as scum and town are distinct, but meta is ugly business that shouldn't be relied on at all. I had the impression that you were insinuating that I was scum based on your statement that I didn't appear town. As far as I know, there are usually two factions mainly concerned with giving off the appearance of being pro-town and neither of them are town.

Out of curiosity, could you elaborate on the following statement from J's #76. I believe she highlighted it in her catch up post and I wondered if there was any significance/context to it:

J said:
:3c Do I get to mess with you again this game?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
oh LOL i just noticed SW can standfor SangroidWarrior, i have been using it to refer To SWordDancer. Sorry if someone got confused.
}

Also, Sangfroid, after that post you pointed i wrote one with my arguments against Auspher.

Tomorrow i will be on a Smash toruney, i will be back on night, maybe.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Acro. I've just recently gotten to your 178 so I'll look at that now. Thanks for the clarifications. I agree that meta shouldn't really be used and, although I have not explicitly used it, it has bitten me in the but. It should not be ignored, but it should not be the sole basis of something. For the moment, I do not believe that you are scum. That may change but I semi-like you thus far.

Is that last part directed towards me or J?

@Felipe. I realize that now. Thank you.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
He didn't like that I agreed with Acrostic and then therefore, I became the scummy one in his eyes. The "I am rubber you are glue" argument. I think that just makes him more suspicious because of that defensive option.
Sorry to break it to you but you're gonna see this a lot, where people think you are scum because you follow somebody else. If you say "Yeah, I like this person's post and am gonna vote for the same person just because", it's not gonna look good for you. It's called sheeping.

It's not even so much about Acrostic's case anymore and more about his actions afterward.
Could you elaborate on this? Where, exactly? Do you still believe Acro's case to be valid?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Just finished my read-through (which took entirely too long because I tend to procrastinate). I've already commented on things that I think should be brought to light and/or answered so if I had a question for you it would be appreciated if you answered, preferebly soon.

As per my reads, there is one questionmark I need to get out of the way first: Crimson King. I'm not sure if you have posted yet but I can't remember anything.

The first 4 in response to tHe-Man, the rest are my own:

Auspher, no offense but I don't really care for you right now and you'd probably be my most likely choice for a lynch candidate today. Your first post just kind of started it, but I can see where you are coming from. What I really don't like is that you aren't necessarily supporting your own reads but the reads of others, and you seem to be automatically assuming that a person that doesn't like you must be scum. Regardless, I am willing to give you a chance since you are technically new. That being said, could I get you read on Balatro, Gheb, and Joey?

Swords I am liking this game, and the back and forth between him and tHe-Man make it seem like TvT. He seems to have some pretty good reads and is avidly questiong and working towards town's goal. I like some of his arguments as well. I will have to keep wary of him but, for now, I'm not too worried.

RR I have no issue with except for the fact that he has yet to really help town besides his RVS rants. I wouldn't want him lynched toDay but, if it comes down to him or a NL, I'd vote for him but, otherwise, no.

Joey, again, I have no issues with. Some of his arguments are pretty weird but it does seem like he is trying. Not much else. Like with RR, I'd vote for him if it came down to that or a NL but, right now, I wouldn't explicitly vote for him.

I have a feeling tHe-Man is town. He has been pushing people pretty well and has seemingly made progress for town but he is definitely one to be wary of.

Acrostic I just don't know. I already stated that I had an issue reading him.

ORI I can't even remember much from so nothing really there.

felipe I kind of like but, at the same time, I'm not so sure. Haven't seen a lot I especially like from him.

J I'm just wary of and have him as a null because most of his posts don't contain anything helpful in figuring out his allignment.

Balatro I'm not sure about.

Gheb... Again, not sure about. I kind of like him but I don't like that he pushed something based off of meta.

All in all, way too many null reads and only one prominent scum read (which is pretty weak)

D

Deleted member

Acro's case may be valid, but it just doesn't hold much weight anymore.

And I still am sticking to how I became a direct target of the person I targeted makes him look suspicious. I can't elaborate further on something so simple, so I don't know why you bother asking, lol.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Because there's usually something deeper. To me, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seemed like you initially voted felipe just because of Acro, and once he, along with others, started carping on you for sheeping, you immediately latched on that he was scum to a larger extent than you initially did. Do you dislike me because I don't like you?

D

Deleted member

Because there's usually something deeper. To me, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seemed like you initially voted felipe just because of Acro, and once he, along with others, started carping on you for sheeping, you immediately latched on that he was scum to a larger extent than you initially did. Do you dislike me because I don't like you?
No, and frankly, I've become used to it. I'm not going to be a favorite of this game at this point, and I think all the dislike because of sheeping is just a little shallow. I don't dislike you when you're just getting reads on anyone, and you've not really pointed out anyone to be suspicious besides myself and you've provided decent reasoning for it.

Would you feel better if I was suspicious of Felipe due to a "gut feeling"?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
No, and frankly, I've become used to it. I'm not going to be a favorite of this game at this point, and I think all the dislike because of sheeping is just a little shallow. I don't dislike you when you're just getting reads on anyone, and you've not really pointed out anyone to be suspicious besides myself and you've provided decent reasoning for it.

Do not waste eight days sitting on a single read, especially with the your case being "gut."

Unvote: Felipe

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Let me quickly elaborate before I go to bed:
a. This is not a game between you and Felipe, it is a game with twelve other players and even if Felipe is mafia, having no leads will leave you lost on following days.
b. You need to convince other people if you honestly do believe that Felipe is mafia. People won't be convinced off of "gut" justification alone.
c. Half the player list has yet to make significant contributions yet. It is possible that everyone active so far could all be town. There is the possibility that you are being hasty with respect to your decision.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to lay low and see what happens between the players before I change my decision. Still sticking with it for now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I always refer to Ryker for any hydra that he is a part of - he was in a hydra with Moth in Megamafia yet I usually talked to him as Ryker. In most games we play together we have tons of interactions and we also talk a lot outside of games with each other. He's kind of a "next of kin" to me compared to Xonar [or Moth] who's competences I'm not sure about and who I generally have little to do with.

[This is not only the case with tHe-man btw, I usually talk to the one hydra head I know better]

Gheb... Again, not sure about. I kind of like him but I don't like that he pushed something based off of meta.
And what exactly is the problem with it?

If you haven't realized I didn't actually "push" Sworddancer all that much yet and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to because there's little room for discussion at the moment. But I feel like he's making a good fall-back lynch.
I've tried to follow Auspher's thought process in regards to felipescum but I can't agree with him. If the original accusation against felipe supposedly doesn't matter then how has he been "passing of suspicion" by counter-voting you? If you sheep something you yourself consider a hardly relevant lynch then he seems to have had a rather legitimate reason to be suspicious of you.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: Why did you need me to point out that? If that was what you were getting at, why couldn't you of just pointed it out yourself? What benefit was there for me to guess at it?
To prove to myself that my read didn't come without reason. I had that read in my mind right when I saw your post [hence me insisting you stay] but I couldn't tell whether it was far-fetched or a rather simple conclusion. The fact that you hit gold with only your second guess is prove to me that it's more likely to be the latter.

Balatro

Smash Rookie
Awwwwwwwwwwwww COME ON. I closed my tab with my notes in it!

@Auspher:
b. I have mixed feelings about Sworddancer intervening in on you with regards to my initial vote on Felipe. I believe he was trying to get an early read on you by applying pressure with regards to your vote. I do not like how he did it though as I find it very gruff and ineffective (i.e. Clint Eastwood style). I can see pro-town intent, but I do not agree with his execution.
So...you're saying him being so aggressive could have been townie? What is to stop scum being aggressive then saying they did it for reads?

^ Genuine question.

What on earth happened in Newbie10?!?

RvS has a purpose in mafia, it lead sot figuring out how people are playing in the game and will lead into serious discussion once it gets out of RvS.

Do you find RvS useless J?

Also which Pheonix wright character should I use in this game.
Is RvS so useful that we should try and stay in it? If it is less useful than the 'game' after why don't we just skip RvS? Surely anyone can say anything in RvS and claim it was a joke?

Scummy people don't die in the night. That, or maybe I just want to forge an excuse for me acting scummy in the future so I can get away with it because I'm not town. Do you think I'm acting scummy right now?
Well, yes. I think you're acting scummy. But, if your intention is to act scummy to avoid night death - why would you tell us you intend to act scummy to avoid night death?

So, what I think from you is scummy is not the fact that you want to avoid the night death, but you'd tell us that - which defeats the point of you acting scummy as mafioso know what you are doing and will still kill you...so all it does is give you an excuse to act scummy in the day with no discernible gain.

Also - assuming I understand this correctly, what's to stop every player doing what you do and avoiding their own deaths? Town's goal is for town to win, regardless of which of us are alive at the end surely.

RR's history and incredible ability to always draw a PR.
What history?

What about that quote lead you to suspect me? Or do you admit to trying to set me up as a mislynch because I said something that sounded funny, but was not actually scummy?
I did not like you saying he was cop...if you were correct mafioso will shoot him tonight. If you made it up...then what gain?

Doesn't setting you up as a mislynch have the pre-requisite you will turn town? This is not something you can objectively say to the rest of us. Also, you say here you were not acting scummy - but isn't acting scummy your intention?..like you JUST said.

Unlike you and the majority of the player list. He can actually push his case through to a lynch. Most other players in this game will have to piggyback on the persuasive skills of a small number of us.
I think you should wait and see if I can construct cases before you dismiss me as useless. And I think the shame should be said for the other new players.

Balatro, do you often think about the motivation of a move instead of the surface value?
I do not know. Though I get the feeling this you have constructed this entire post on me to ***** what I say in this final part.

How am I supposed to be able to decide what alignment you are, if you play in a way which openly defeats the point of being town?

I'm finding it difficult to comment on a lot of what is happening, but I'm enjoying this!

More later!

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

If I get to 1:00PM CST, I will have gone 120 hours without sleep. That will be a personal record and the goal that I'm aiming for. I'm going to continue my war with consciousness, but I want to address Balatro.

Well, yes. I think you're acting scummy. But, if your intention is to act scummy to avoid night death - why would you tell us you intend to act scummy to avoid night death?
To draw a night kill, of course. If I'm bulletproof, I can make the scum want to shoot me and waste their night kill.

So, what I think from you is scummy is not the fact that you want to avoid the night death, but you'd tell us that - which defeats the point of you acting scummy as mafioso know what you are doing and will still kill you...so all it does is give you an excuse to act scummy in the day with no discernible gain.
First off, you've yet to nail down a solid accusation as to me being scummy, so you're driving really hard at a moot point.

Secondly, there are multiple ways I can gain from it. I listed one above, but I really do gain nothing by letting you in on more possible scenarios because you might nail down the truth and I have no idea what your alignment is as of yet.

Wouldn't it be funny if the situation I outlined turned out to be true?

Also - assuming I understand this correctly, what's to stop every player doing what you do and avoiding their own deaths? Town's goal is for town to win, regardless of which of us are alive at the end surely.
Well, to begin with, not every town player is capable of playing the razor's edge. Next, I haven't "done" anything yet. Third, if every townie is able to successful play to not get lynched, then the only alternative left will be to lynch the scum and we will win hands down. You will NEVER hear me say that a townie should be okay with his own lynch regardless of the circumstances.

What history?
Ask him yourself, he manages to get mislynched in almost every game he plays as town. He has also managed to draw cop more times in his time here than I have in my entire mafia career.

I did not like you saying he was cop...if you were correct mafioso will shoot him tonight. If you made it up...then what gain?
Ah, but what gain would I net from telling mafia that he was cop. They will figure out that I wouldn't have told them if he was really cop, then they wouldn't shoot him. This effectively allows him to live as cop.

Or, he could not be cop. I could be trying to get mafia to assume he is and then waste their night kill on him.

Doesn't setting you up as a mislynch have the pre-requisite you will turn town? This is not something you can objectively say to the rest of us. Also, you say here you were not acting scummy - but isn't acting scummy your intention?..like you JUST said.
It is most certainly something I can state as a fact to town. I have seen my role PM and I know that if I am lynched, then I will flip town. Why would I entertain the possibility that I would flip scum when I won't and it will only help the town get sidetracked preparing for an eventuality that will not occur.

I will continue to phrase things using all of the information that I have unless it is in town's best interest for me to withhold information or lie.

I am not acting scummy and you are putting words in my mouth. I said that you will see me in exactly the light that I want you to see me in. Please nail down where I have said that I will act scummy.

I think you should wait and see if I can construct cases before you dismiss me as useless. And I think the shame should be said for the other new players.
Why? That would force me to bank on something less than the worst case scenario which can very easily blow up in my face. If you don't suck ***, then great! I hope you stick around. Feel free to prove me wrong. However, the way you're going about this conversation leads me to believe that it won't be this game that you disprove me in.

I do not know. Though I get the feeling this you have constructed this entire post on me to ***** what I say in this final part.
And then again, I may stand corrected from my above paragraph.

How am I supposed to be able to decide what alignment you are, if you play in a way which openly defeats the point of being town?
If I am playing in a way that defeats the point of being town, then I am scum and should be lynched for it. I am, however, not playing in such a manner. Regardless of my alignment, I will ALWAYS have a pro-town explanation for my actions. Otherwise, I would be a **** player. It's up to you to analyze my motivation. My motivation will be hard to judge, others will be easier, but that's the core of the game. Observation of events, interpretation of the motive behind them, and finally persuading others that you are correct.

I'm finding it difficult to comment on a lot of what is happening, but I'm enjoying this!

More later!
You like to think, which is good and means you can improve so that you won't always suck ***.

Now, no one can accuse us of sitting here talking about things unrelated to the game, if you'll give me an analysis of Auspher's play to date, I will answer one question completely truthfully. Don't tell my partner I offered, he might get mad. ;|

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
To answer some questions before I leave for band:

Okay wait, Joey, were you getting defensive over TM's push of you? What's your read on him, if any?
No. I just answered his questions.

Not sure about a read on the slot yet. Ryker play seems like... Ryker to me. The one post I've seen from the other side of the hydra makes me feel a little better about the slot. Still not enough information to pull them out of the null section within my reads, though.

Crap gotta go. Sorry to anyone I didn't get to respond to. Will read and post all reads when I get back.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
I'm just going to lay low and see what happens between the players before I change my decision. Still sticking with it for now.

Then this jumped out and pissed me off before I could disappear.

You are admitting that you are going to sit back and wait to see what popular opinion is and then mirror it with your own. That doesn't fly in my house. How about instead of lying low like a coward, you tell me what you think about Sang's interaction with J. Is either scum? Did one come out looking worse for the interaction? Why do you think Sang voted J?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily, but it depends. Sometimes gut feelings are more right than logical ones.

c. Half the player list has yet to make significant contributions yet. It is possible that everyone active so far could all be town. There is the possibility that you are being hasty with respect to your decision.
Care to elaborate on who you think those players might be?

And what exactly is the problem with it?
I just don't like meta all that much.

Gheb said:
If you haven't realized I didn't actually "push" Sworddancer all that much yet and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to because there's little room for discussion at the moment. But I feel like he's making a good fall-back lynch.
I have realized, but it's still a push and I felt the need to point out that I didn't care for it. And I'm guessing that last part isn't directed at me. So, mind answering some questions for me? What do you think of Auspher? J? Acrostic? Balatro?

D

Deleted member

Then this jumped out and pissed me off before I could disappear.

You are admitting that you are going to sit back and wait to see what popular opinion is and then mirror it with your own. That doesn't fly in my house. How about instead of lying low like a coward, you tell me what you think about Sang's interaction with J. Is either scum? Did one come out looking worse for the interaction? Why do you think Sang voted J?
I've been active for the majority of the game thus far. You really should be more curious of the less active people ::coughcoughCrimsonKingcough::

Call me a coward if you want, but at least I have the guts to have thrown myself on the radar.

D

Deleted member

Also, the interaction seemed more like playful banter started by J's vote for Sang that carried over from another game, but then Sang questioned his vote and things got a little heated before J ended it by asking if Sang finished his notes. I don't know if either are scum yet.

Done for now. I'll be back once there's more to work with.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
V/LA today due to homecoming dance

Unvote

Sang, how is what Auspher is doing not just n00by town following what he thinks is good reasoning? If one of Gheb/TM/Swords were up for a lynch, who would you pick and why? Based on the posts, which one would make the best investigation?

So far I have 3-4 people I like buuuut no scum-reads really atm.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sang, how is what Auspher is doing not just n00by town following what he thinks is good reasoning? If one of Gheb/TM/Swords were up for a lynch, who would you pick and why? Based on the posts, which one would make the best investigation?
That's why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. It could just be nooby town, but I don't want to make the mistake of not investigating it or being wary of it. I think I would vote for Gheb. He's the one I'm least sure about, even though I'm not sure about any of them, truthfully. Each should be questioned equally since they are strong players. What about you? Who would you pick, and which would make the best investigation?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
All appropiate people will be prodded tonight.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Red Ryu, how are you? Could you care explaining to me what you think Acrostics INTENTIONS are when she's asking how many mafia there are?
Is Sworddancer scummy for wanting to end the RvS or just dumbtown?
The intention is to see who would answer and see why they would, I wanted to see how Acro would respond to me posting like that.

Swords gained scum points for trying to end RvS like that. Which is why he has my attention. RvS is where I can figure out how people are going to play the game and see how people respond to one another, I do not want it to end unless too much time passes for everyone to post, which is has for CK.

I don't like it because it will stop the flow of info.

Also point out my fluffy posts and tell me, are you sure there was no point to all my posts before?

This was referring to Joey's 60:

Here he is talking about me vs. Auspher.

When he said "On one side," he described something about Auspher. However, when he said "on the other side," he again described something about Auspher. Since I thought he was contrasting both me and Auspher, that I naturally would have to be on "the other side." However, I wasn't, which confused me.
Swords wants me to look at this.

I do not know what Joey is refering to here with the other side.

Okay, so we want to narrow down the focus here. There's four players here who can reasonably be lynched today, so we want to get everyone to weigh in on EACH of them. Don't just tell us which one you would be most willing to part with. Your choices are:

Joey, the uncommital,
RR, the off-topic,
Auspher, the strangely defensive,
and Sworddancer, the town lyncher.

There's more than enough content here to form a read on each of these players, that's why they're here, so don't give us some bull**** cop-out answers as we will call you on it.

We'd be willing to lynch most of them. There's only one who we would miss at this point.
Why is Auspher listed as a lynch target right now? He's screaming new town to me.

Joey is confusing me and not being clear, which is typical of Joey if I know his meta. He flip flops and is umcommited as town and scum, it's not a tell for him.

i'll wait for you to show me all my nothing so far.

Swords is a town lyncher? Elaborate on this.

You read was logical, but at the same time it was way to deep. Thats why you are leaning to me, because you tryed to get info from me, but not in a pushy, or ilogical way.
Leaning what? be clear what this means word wise.

Could you explain to me how this helps us later on in the game besides figuring out how people play. Could you explain that part as well?
You answered this right here. I'm learning how unfamiliars play and seeing how people are responding.

Is RvS so useful that we should try and stay in it? If it is less useful than the 'game' after why don't we just skip RvS? Surely anyone can say anything in RvS and claim it was a joke?
It's useful to get the game started and we should not revel in it to long. It is just as useful as the actual game on D1 imo.

I did joke around in RvS, to get info.

~

RvS is over if it wasn't clear move onto legit discussion.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sorry I skipped this, RR. Anyways, what I'm saying is that, for a game that just started, what Acro posted was about as good of reasoning as you were going to get. However, without the context of it being just the start of the game, it really wasn't good reasoning at all. Without context, the reasoning was actually quite reaching.

With or without context, it really wasn't impressive and it shouldn't be treated as such.

---

A read which I feel like I can make clear now is Auspher. Right now I have him as slight scum, mainly because of his 50, which was really off putting to. The whole part where I said he was "sheeping" is honestly a very minor point, as I realize that could of been him simply of being friendly. I do hold it against him, just not very strongly.

His 50 on the other hand came out very underhandedly and was entirely unnecessary. He immediately inserts the newbie card and tries to play me off as an experienced player trying to beat up on a newbie, when there was no real evidence for that.

Scum motivation: Spread FUD around my push on him, as evidenced by the fact that he didn't have to do that.
Looking at Auspher admitting he will sit on the side lines, do you feel this really is scum and not new town? Looking over all his posts he made in this game do you feel confident in a scum read on him? He inserts the newbie card and admits to blatantly scummy traits black and white?

To me I can't see this as scum.

I want to consider your sheeping point, you say it could have been him friendly but still hold it as a scum trait? What makes you hold it further against him than the other possibility?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Been out all day yesterday and I'm also going to spend most of today at a friend's place playing brawl - going in a couple minutes. Sang, I will respond to you later.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

Hai guysss

Swords gained scum points for trying to end RvS like that. Which is why he has my attention.

Sooo, he has your attention.
Anything notable so far? yes/no
Leaning scum, town or null?

I don't like it because it will stop the flow of info.

How does ending the RvS stop the flow of info?

Also point out my fluffy posts and tell me, are you sure there was no point to all my posts before?

Never once did we say you're flufftown/posting fluff.

Why is Auspher listed as a lynch target right now? He's screaming new town to me.

Cool. So who should be in Auspher's slot then? Who is more deserving and why?
Bonus points if you analyze J's playstyle.
Just fyi, he has 23 posts so far in this thread.

Joey is confusing me and not being clear, which is typical of Joey if I know his meta. He flip flops and is umcommited as town and scum, it's not a tell for him.

So what should we do with Joey then? Someone like that is more useless than a lurker. You're letting him off just because of meta? WHY?!

For now, I present you...

Joeys post history.

Vote: JO_OEY
You've done jack**** so far. Go do something. Take stances etc.

I'm gonna be gone for today, but I'm sure Marshall will take over :3

forever spamming images

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

I like my quiet Saturdays, but in order to have and enjoy those, we have to step it up the rest of the time.

Moving on:

No actually, not really. He has made some posts which I would consider irrelevant, but supposedly according to him this is all just because of his mafia RVS philosophy. Fluff town implies that someone is constantly posting irrelevant material in an attempt to simply look like they are active, or at least posting more content then they actually are. RR has made no attempt to pass off the stuff that he is posting as relevant. Plus, this game has simply not been going on long enough for me to say rather or not he is truly trying to fluff.

For the time being, there really is no merit to keeping him alive nor killing him over anyone else.

If you're asking that question in the sense of "We have to kill someone right now," then yeah, RR will probably be up there as one of my two picks.
I owe a retraction (Note: Not apology) to Sworddancer. I included him in my previous post because I misread this and thought he had a town read on RR. Other half pointed this out.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
I've been active for the majority of the game thus far. You really should be more curious of the less active people ::coughcoughCrimsonKingcough::

Call me a coward if you want, but at least I have the guts to have thrown myself on the radar.

Then don't back off if you think you're correct, bambina. You said yourself you were going to let it lie and see what others thought, which is NOT the way town wins the game. What it does do is let scum phase it off of their agenda if town doesn't like it. If town believes something, they push it and present their case to the rest of the town.

Throwing yourself on the radar is the opposite of what your last post did and BELIEVE me when I say that you're preaching to the choir when you talk about standing in the limelight.

Now, moving right along, you say I should be more concerned with Crimson King who hasn't been in the entire game. Why's that? I can say, "He's inactive. We should lynch him for it." I can then proceed to sit my vote on him and wait for a response. That is an alibi for complacency as it does town ZERO good. I can fry Crimson King when he gets here or lynch him if I need to when he doesn't. Right now, he and ORI are the best vig shots out there.

BUT since you asked, how should I go about pressuring Crimson King that would be more beneficial than pursuing Joey?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Auspher, is Joey scum in this game? I will call you on a cop-out, so come on.

Top Bottom