• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Felipe quoted the rules showing that he was aware he should have pm'd the moderator. Instead he chose to post in the forum thread. Felipe has played enough games in order to know that one should be careful with regards to such matters. I believe that his initial action was done intentionally for him to be seen as a more inexperienced player he really is and can only see scum having such a reason to play the "dumb" alibi.

Vote: felipe_9595
You usually have this very odd reasoning about you Acro that I like a bit but at the same time I'm like:

It's logical yet at the same time, I think you are delving a bit too deeply into it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That was a serious question.

Turn up information as in give information that I don't have so far in the game? Wouldn't that be faking information? The only information I have so far is information within the opinions I have on the two players that have really argued, and even then, its really small information. Please explain what you mean by "Turn up information"?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ori_bro, since you are here, can you give me a comment on this Joey vs. TM so far? Also, based on what posts he has, what do you think of Swords?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That was a serious question.

Turn up information as in give information that I don't have so far in the game? Wouldn't that be faking information? The only information I have so far is information within the opinions I have on the two players that have really argued, and even then, its really small information. Please explain what you mean by "Turn up information"?
Bolded is serious as well, in case you're wondering.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
V/LA next two-three Saturdays. Unsure about next friday/sunday, but they're both possible absences as well. Marching Band Competitions.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
B. Ha, Clint Eastwood style. I'm not going for that right now but I may try that out later now that you've implanted the idea into my head. In any case, are you simply counter balancing the effect my post gave off with the intention you read behind it?
Yeah, sorry for intervening. I had the feeling though that Auspher wasn't going to give you much when he asked me for my own logic and I thought it would be better if I was straight-forward with regards to my logic/thoughts to give him & other players some ideas.

Sworddancer said:
C. *sigh* I would rather you not hand hold newbies like this. It makes it harder to see them uncorrupted, for the true selves that they may be.
I am trying to avoid a Newbie 10. I also disagree. I also think you are joking. Being open as possible and encouraging thoughts is the best method of drawing tells from newer players.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I just had to go do the dishes and feed a stray cat that lives in my neighborhood. It always breaks my heart a little when I have to leave her. :(

Joey, admittedly your defense is a bit weird. What Ryker is getting at is kinda obvious and it's really shouldn't even be debated. What Ryker wants to know is what knowledge you're trying to gain, not just what knowledge you already know.

@J: Honestly that was meant as simple conversation stimulus.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

JO_OEY [1] tHe-Man
tHe-Man [1] Red Ryu
Acrostic [0]
Crimson King [0]
Red Ryu [0]
ORI_bro [0]
felipe_9595 [2] Acrostic, Auspher
Auspher [1] Sworddancer
J [0]
SangfroidWarrior [1] J
Sworddancer [0]
Balatro [0]
Gheb [0]

#HBC | Dancer

I am trying to avoid a Newbie 10. I also disagree. I also think you are joking. Being open as possible and encouraging thoughts is the best method of drawing tells from newer players.
Yeah but now it's gonna be harder to see if any of the newbies were going to make an effort to think for themselves on their own. This is now an intention that gonna be harder to read into for some.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I just had to go do the dishes and feed a stray cat that lives in my neighborhood. It always breaks my heart a little when I have to leave her. :(

Joey, admittedly your defense is a bit weird. What Ryker is getting at is kinda obvious and it's really shouldn't even be debated. What Ryker wants to know is what knowledge you're trying to gain, not just what knowledge you already know.

You're doing it again.

I seriously don't understand what hes getting at. Does "turn up information" mean the information that I'm trying to gain?

Do you think I'm scummy for not understanding something? That is the vibe you're giving.

This is the same type of thing that bugged me earlier with Auspher.

"Acrostic's reasoning is indeed about as good as your going to get just starting out. However, nothing about it was in the slightest "impressive," nor was it really even "good" reasoning. You're acting like he may actually have a good argument against Felipe so early on when in reality there is nothing there that anyone could or should truly go off of. "

That quote. You're calling him out for not agreeing with your thought process basically.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, well alright then. =P Then I find it kindof funny that you FoS'd RR (was it?) for RVS shenanigans when you yourself were doing it as well. Maybe I'm looking at this too deeply because it's late and I just got done 3 back-to-back-to-back rehearsals sooooo apologies if this is coming out meh.

#HBC | Dancer

It's slightly off putting. It just feels like it should be obvious to me, but hey, to each his own.

Yes, that's what I think Ryker was getting at.

Also, so to make myself completely clear, the reason it's off putting is because it seems unnecessarily antagonistic of you to get up an arms over Ryker's questioning, which is what I reed into it.

---

What's wrong with thinking someone's scum because they disagree with your thought process? One of the whole point is for people to convince others of their thought process. Another is to have an accurate thought process.

Also, I like to think that most people would objectively agree that there really isn't anything impressive about Acrostic's post.

Joey, does the existence of two opposing opinions necessitate the equality of those opinions?

#HBC | Dancer

Oh, well alright then. =P Then I find it kindof funny that you FoS'd RR (was it?) for RVS shenanigans when you yourself were doing it as well. Maybe I'm looking at this too deeply because it's late and I just got done 3 back-to-back-to-back rehearsals sooooo apologies if this is coming out meh.
Thing with RR was that it was RVS when it didn't have to be. There was some stuff to comment on, but he didn't. He came into the game ignoring the content around him which slightly rings of him not caring about what is relevant, or at the very least not knowing what to say yet.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Is that scummy because personally, I didn't think there was that much to comment on even when I got here. Though I do love squeezing content out of things, it wasn't that much.

@CK: Never got to do this cuz my premium expired before I could say it but sooooorry about the last game we played in which I tracked you killing EE. ^^" Can you tell me what you think of Swords.

Sang, I'll know you are town or scum from your first post....I think....probably not but I'll take a good stab in the dark about it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Better question for you is, why continue RVS? ;P It's fun but it distracts from the real game.
RvS has a purpose in mafia, it lead sot figuring out how people are playing in the game and will lead into serious discussion once it gets out of RvS.

Do you find RvS useless J?

Also which Pheonix wright character should I use in this game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I never find RvS useless and actually love using it. Sometimes it can get off track though, but I have used a bit of it in cases before and found scum from it (*nudge nudge* Swordy)

Surprise me with the PW character.

Opinion on Joey and Swords interaction?

#HBC | Dancer

RR let RVS end when it ends. No need to place arbitary standards on it.

RR, reads on the fours active people this game: me, Joey, Aspher and TM.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's slightly off putting. It just feels like it should be obvious to me, but hey, to each his own.

Yes, that's what I think Ryker was getting at.

Also, so to make myself completely clear, the reason it's off putting is because it seems unnecessarily antagonistic of you to get up an arms over Ryker's questioning, which is what I reed into it.

---

What's wrong with thinking someone's scum because they disagree with your thought process? One of the whole point is for people to convince others of their thought process. Another is to have an accurate thought process.

Also, I like to think that most people would objectively agree that there really isn't anything impressive about Acrostic's post.

Joey, does the existence of two opposing opinions necessitate the equality of those opinions?
??? @ bolded.

I thought the main thing we were looking for was actions and the motivation behind said actions? I know I've been lynched as town simply because I processed my thoughts differently than the next guy. Several times if I remember correctly (I probably don't). I don't see any reasons for coming out so early as scum to agree with someone elses thoughts and to follow their vote right away.

While I don't necessarily agree with Acrostic, I would see why he would think that way, which is probably why I feel that Auspher was being honest in agreeing with and following him. While the reasoning behind what Acrostic said is some what legit, and it makes sense, I do not agree with it personally simply because of the fact that you can't really prove that Felipe did what he did to be viewed as more of a newbie. Other than that, it all looks legit to me.

Maybe? If an opinion is supported enough (with information, not amount of people), then no? o_O'!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Joey, so because of what Auspher did, does he seem more towny or more scum pretending to be towny based off it?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
After the swords/auspher discussion, I'm honestly a little confused on Auspher. His first post seemed more-so townie to me, but then he started responding to swords... :/. I'm probably put him as leaning-scum if we're including everything. If we're going off that one event alone, then townie.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Can you go more into detail as to why the interaction with Swords made him go into leaning-scummy?

I'm seeing the opposite personally.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I never find RvS useless and actually love using it. Sometimes it can get off track though, but I have used a bit of it in cases before and found scum from it (*nudge nudge* Swordy)

Surprise me with the PW character.

Opinion on Joey and Swords interaction?
This is why Rvs is impotant and is needed for mafia.

I'll think of a Pheonix wright charactar.

Thus works.

There isn't a while lot from that ineraction, though I'm not clear on what Sword's mean by his #65.

@Sword's: what does "Isn't this just the same side over again? 0_0" mean, I am unclear about thus point.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Who knows Acro...? That info is never really disclosed in closed set-ups.

And speaking of which nice choice of Acro being the PW character. Under appreciated.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
PW = Pheonix Wright

And you're afraid of me, I'm sorry but I kind of am taking that as a compliment. xD Would you like to explain why?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh Phoenix Wright. Nevermind. I skipped all those posts. Does anyone else know how many mafia there are in this setup?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Red Ryu, why did you respond to my question in a joking manner. It is implausible that all of us are mafia. Did you think that I was being humorous?

#HBC | Dancer

Joey, how do you feel specifically on the part where Auspher said that he was "impressed" with Acrostic.

Also, I brought out the question about the equality of opinions because of this:

That quote. You're calling him out for not agreeing with your thought process basically.
Here, you dismissed my attack (at least it seemed like that, if this is not the case then feel free to clarify) as an attack that was invalid because I simply had a disagreeing mindset. However, that's not a reason to dismiss the attack. Saying "Oh you just disagree with a mindset so it's invalid" is the equivalent of saying "oh that's just your opinion so it's invalid." Obviously it's my opinion, and just because someone opposes it doesn't make it equal to mine (or mine equal to theirs).

Will clarify on the ??? for you in a little bit, gotta run an errand.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Well, hi guys. i will give my thoughts.

Acrostic for me is Neutral leaning to town. His case against me is pretty ilogical, but at the same time it makes sense, in a weird way xP but is normal, the game just started.

Auspher for me is leaning scummy, i really didnt like his responses.

SW Is Neutral Leaning town for me (and not because he was defending me xD). he tried to apply pressure to Auspher, not in the best way but it worked, i got some reads thanks to that.

Top Bottom