• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Alright alright. So, I went back and re-read some of RR's posts. I see where you're coming from when you say that he is scum. He has only gone after the most popular lynches hard (felipe and J) and some of what he has said can be seen as having been said before. I'm not comfortable with voting him just yet, much less thinking he is scum. He has still done things for town.

Joey, on the other hand, I am still comfortable he is town, or at least leaning it. His 474 is one example of why I like him because he is making his reads known, he is actively asking questions and trying to get reads, and he doesn't withhold any information and continues to think for himself.

What made you change your read on J?
*insert frustrated Phoenix Weight gif here*

Dang Sang, I would of really appreciated it if you had let J and/or TM explain this first.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Shiza, I come upstairs to put away clothes and see so many posts. o_O" trying to read.

Swords, I never had a 180 on you. Ryker, I'm not lynching Sang this game. RR can go as I said before.

Swords, you need to tell me what about those reads you want me to explain. TM is simple, I was wrong on what he was doing and his intent. Look at the conversation between me and Xonar and tell me if he's manipulating the free lynch I would have been or looking for the best option for town. RR, he is opportunstic on some things and not looking for the best, his push on Felipe looks too easy and his new founded stance on me that seems to go with what the majority believes is meh. Joey vs. Gheb seems SvT to me and would be pleased with either lynch to get more insight into that convo. Felipe is just a ML waiting to happen, I mean his entire thing is self-survival and just himself being not smart, if he's scum I question his intellect.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gah more posts cuz I didn't know there was a page 17. ;_;

I'll move my vote to RR over Gheb if that's the way it'll be cuz I'm fine with one of RR/Felipe or Gheb/Joey as I said before.

*amendmate to Ryker* I don't wanna lynch Sang toDay.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Swords, you need to tell me what about those reads you want me to explain. TM is simple, I was wrong on what he was doing and his intent. Look at the conversation between me and Xonar and tell me if he's manipulating the free lynch I would have been or looking for the best option for town. RR, he is opportunstic on some things and not looking for the best, his push on Felipe looks too easy and his new founded stance on me that seems to go with what the majority believes is meh. Joey vs. Gheb seems SvT to me and would be pleased with either lynch to get more insight into that convo. Felipe is just a ML waiting to happen, I mean his entire thing is self-survival and just himself being not smart, if he's scum I question his intellect.
That's why J is town.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline 10/24, 11:59 PM EST

JO_OEY [0]
tHe-Man [1] MOD
Tandora [0]
Crimson King [0]
Red Ryu [1] tHe-Man
ORI_bro [0]
felipe_9595 [3] Red Ryu, Auspher, JO_OEY
Auspher [0]
J [3] ORI_bro, Gheb, Crimson King
SangfroidWarrior [0]
Sworddancer [0]
Balatro [0]
Gheb [3] J, SangfroidWarrior, felipe_9595

Not Voting: Tandora, Balatro, Sworddancer

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It took you how long to realize this Ryker?

Ryker would you surpised if one of Swords/Sang flipped scum? They are my strongest town reads for toDay but in the back of my mind I'm like "I wouldn't be that surprised."

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Gah more posts cuz I didn't know there was a page 17. ;_;

I'll move my vote to RR over Gheb if that's the way it'll be cuz I'm fine with one of RR/Felipe or Gheb/Joey as I said before.

*amendmate to Ryker* I don't wanna lynch Sang toDay.
Gheb is probably not scum. Like, 7/10 sure on this one. I like most of what he has said this game. His play in the future could convince me otherwise, but he's certainly not the play right now.

Again, these wagons suck ***. We need a new one.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sang, what has RR done for town?
He's still trying to further his reads and question people. Even if he has been pushing felipe and J, he's still trying to get them to answer things. His convo with Swords early on about RVS made me feel he was town.

#HBC | Dancer

What did I do all of the sudden that's scummy?

J, I need explanation because, unless I missed it, I didn't see you say explain any of those new reads. You did say that from your reread that you were suspicious of thsoe four, but I don't recall you actually explaining it.

Also the 180 comment comes from way earlier in the game when TM asked you if you had to lynch someone right now who it would of been. You responded with me, because you did not like my earlier push on him. Now you have me as pretty much 99% town. That's what I would call a 180.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
It took you how long to realize this Ryker?

Ryker would you surpised if one of Swords/Sang flipped scum? They are my strongest town reads for toDay but in the back of my mind I'm like "I wouldn't be that surprised."
I've already said I don't like Sang. I REALLY don't like Sang. Her reads are sooooooooo bad most of the time. I do like that she's willing reanalyze things. Xonar likes her more than me.

Sworddancer is peddling bull****. Has been peddling bull****. He looks like he's going to be peddling some more bull****. However, he's been bothering other people and forcing a paper trail that scum shouldn't want to exist. He's on the agenda, but not the play today either.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Not scummy.

The only thing you have are his limited reads. I don't expect earth shattering reads from him. Not a reason to vote him.

The saving his own hide thing is certainly not scummy.
LOL.

How is anything hes done so far in this game townie?

All of his reads and thoughts are BS'd except Auspher, which was pretty much a parrot, since when he was asked to explain it, he really couldn't. He calls me and RR scum without ANY REASONING at all. Earth shattering =/= no legit reads at all.

Saving his own hide for a town read over a null/scum read (after re-reading the quote I quoted, I'm not even sure if he has him as scum or null) is not townie at all! What does ANYONE gain from lynching one of the people that they think will flip town over a person that they have no idea/think will flip scum? Why would a townie listen to a null/scum read so easily when asked to lynch a town read they have? There is no purpose and its obvious that he is trying to save J at this point.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
He's still trying to further his reads and question people. Even if he has been pushing felipe and J, he's still trying to get them to answer things. His convo with Swords early on about RVS made me feel he was town.
That RVS stage discussion was ATROCIOUS. Staying in RVS is the opposite of what town wants. Yes, information obtained there can be useful, but not NEARLY as useful as information obtained elsewhere. Scum want to stay in RVS to limit information flow.

Is RR trying to further his reads or pushing with a conclusion already in mind?

#HBC | Dancer

I'm going to need to reread RR to see if this new found suspicion of him holds merit. In tthe mean time, a question for TM:

Would you be willing to lynch Ori toDay, or are you too deadset on RR/Sang/Joey?

Btw Sang is definitly not happening toDay so you might as well take that one off of the table. Joey's lynch is to a lesser extent unrealistic.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
LOL.

How is anything hes done so far in this game townie?
It's not. His saving grace is his wagon.

All of his reads and thoughts are BS'd except Auspher, which was pretty much a parrot, since when he was asked to explain it, he really couldn't. He calls me and RR scum without ANY REASONING at all. Earth shattering =/= no legit reads at all.
He has reads. They're malformed, but they exist. Why you mad though?

Saving his own hide for a town read over a null/scum read (after re-reading the quote I quoted, I'm not even sure if he has him as scum or null) is not townie at all! What does ANYONE gain from lynching one of the people that they think will flip town over a person that they have no idea/think will flip scum? Why would a townie listen to a null/scum read so easily when asked to lynch a town read they have? There is no purpose and its obvious that he is trying to save J at this point.
You stop your own lynch. When you know your own alignment, you KNOW that you'll flip town. Lynching your town read gives you more of a chance to hit scum than letting yourself be lynched.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, you mean that time where I was forced to make a decision to have a scum-pick and choose you based on a feel. Then when I was reading and saw you post more with intent you seem like town trying to get things out of people through a unique way. Then there was when you approached my wagon with caution but seemed to be town trying to investigate things clearly instead of super cautious scum(which you could be but I don't really feel it)

Also what else do you want me to explain Swords? I just explained TM/Felipe/RR/Joey soooo?

I'm not lynching Ori cuz that just seems like a cop-out and will most likely end up flipping town.

Ryker, thank you for that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote
Vote: Red Ryu

That'll happen; Joey/Gheb won't. I'm not comfortable with Felipe lynch nor am I lynching Ori.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
I'm going to need to reread RR to see if this new found suspicion of him holds merit. In tthe mean time, a question for TM:

Would you be willing to lynch Ori toDay, or are you too deadset on RR/Sang/Joey?

Btw Sang is definitly not happening toDay so you might as well take that one off of the table. Joey's lynch is to a lesser extent unrealistic.
Nope. Not willing to lynch Ori right now.

Yup, there's a reason I didn't vote Sang originally.

Joey's lynch is far from unrealistic. Sang and Joey are the only ones I know who won't vote Joey. I can add you to that list and it's still a possibility.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's not. His saving grace is his wagon.

He has reads. They're malformed, but they exist. Why you mad though?

You stop your own lynch. When you know your own alignment, you KNOW that you'll flip town. Lynching your town read gives you more of a chance to hit scum than letting yourself be lynched.
He has two reads. A scum Auspher that was parroted and a town Gheb that looks BS'd based on his other reads. Yeah, insult me to make me think otherwise LOLNO.

That doesn't answer my question. Try again.

D

Deleted member

That RVS stage discussion was ATROCIOUS. Staying in RVS is the opposite of what town wants. Yes, information obtained there can be useful, but not NEARLY as useful as information obtained elsewhere. Scum want to stay in RVS to limit information flow.

Is RR trying to further his reads or pushing with a conclusion already in mind?
RR seemed to be pretty logical in his vote to Felipe. He's made questioning posts to investigate people, and has just seemed an overall helpful asset to the town. I don't understand his wagon at all or why people are seeing him as scum.

I'm interested to see what Sworddancer comes up with after he goes over his posts.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Possibly moving Joey over Gheb because of this Felipe nonsense but idk yet. More to follow yet I will be looking at Joey more carefully. I kind of don't wanna lynch Joey because there is that gut that he may flip town, regardless his flip would help with reads.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sang, you don't wanna lynch me, you don't wanna lynch Felipe, you don't wanna lynch Joey. Who do you wanna lynch?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Joey, I don't give two ****s what you think, lol. I insult you to provoke the reaction I want. This entire conversation has been forging a base for myself or others to come back to later.

Felipe is not scummy, he's null. The fact that his wagon is so prominent with SOOOOO many other choices is hilarious and probably scum motivated.

Lynching Felipe gets us absolutely nowhere. He's been useless by consensus all day.

So Joey, your read list runs as follows, correct?

Felipe
J
Auspher
Me

In that order.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I've already said I don't like Sang. I REALLY don't like Sang. Her reads are sooooooooo bad most of the time. I do like that she's willing reanalyze things. Xonar likes her more than me.
Haha, does that refer to my read on you as well? And are you just referring to this game, or meta in general? Who's to say my reads suck this game if we don't even know any flips just yet? If you're saying in general, I'd have to say my reads do usually suck, even more-so D1. So, how does that make me scummy?

I get what you mean, I guess. But, were we so ready to move it from RVS when half the playerlist hadn't posted? If information can be gained, it's not the opposite of what town wants, it's just not as fruitful as discussion.

Joey's lynch is far from unrealistic. Sang and Joey are the only ones I know who won't vote Joey. I can add you to that list and it's still a possibility.
So, if Joey flips scum later on, am I going to be on your scum list?

Sang, you don't wanna lynch me, you don't wanna lynch Felipe, you don't wanna lynch Joey. Who do you wanna lynch?
I didn't say I don't want to lynch felipe, I'm just not comfortable with it. I'd still be fine with Gheb but I'm starting to see that TM has merit to his RR read.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
RR seemed to be pretty logical in his vote to Felipe. He's made questioning posts to investigate people, and has just seemed an overall helpful asset to the town. I don't understand his wagon at all or why people are seeing him as scum.

I'm interested to see what Sworddancer comes up with after he goes over his posts.
Lol, maybe you are scum after all? Off the top of your head, what does RR think about anyone who isn't J or RR? You have two minutes to answer.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, is your really only back-up reason to lynch me based off of the info I will provide? What a cop-out and saaaaaadness for J. ;_; No love.

Going away for a bit but will be back shortly.

#HBC | Dancer

Nah J I don't want you to explain anything else, you're good.

Yes J, but that's why you are definitely more of a back up lynch than an actual scum candidate. There's a reason I'm not voting you right now after saying that.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Xonar said it right. That last post from Sang is just really bad, not scummy.

It depends on how you are wrong as to whether or not it's scummy.

If you gain more from something else, then you don't want the first option.

I do know. RR is scum and pushing to be seen as pushing.

**** if I know where you'll be. It's Day 1.

D

Deleted member

Lol, maybe you are scum after all? Off the top of your head, what does RR think about anyone who isn't J or RR? You have two minutes to answer.
Okay? Just because I'm not understanding where his wagon is coming from is reasoning that I'm scum? I'm waiting on an explanation for his wagon. Putting me on a time limit like that is a low blow, by the way. Your attacks are putting you close to scum.

I can't remember off the top of my head the reads he has on everyone. I'm just following his current stance on his vote, as I'm doing with everyone else.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Auspher, thoughts on my 590? Do you agree with my thoughts on Felipe and J or do you think I'm wrong? Who would you lynch right now out of J and Gheb?

My scum/leaning reads in order:

Felipe
J
Auspher
You
Ori

There is literally no reason NOT to lynch Felipe. We get info on the people that refuse to lynch him (You, J), we get info on the people that are on his wagon (Me, Auspher, RR), along with info on the people that think hes scummy but think others are stronger scum reads or simply aren't voting him at this moment (Gheb, Sang). As you said, he has been completely useless. Why would we want to keep that in the town when all that does is keep a distraction in the town? How is he null over being scummy versus me and RR? According to you, we've all been useless and ********, yet hes null and we're scummy just because he has votes on him and we don't?

How does it get us no where? Do you really think we're going to get no reads from a Felipe lynch LOL?

Top Bottom