• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Played Potechi. Yeah, he's really really solid, no doubt he's A tier. Beat me in about 80% of the games we played. I actually think overall if you're trying to learn Ganon, he's actually probably one of the best to watch, and it's great that he has a livestream on Nicovideo.

I do think he's probably the most well-rounded Ganon main right now. Might not be the most exceptional in any particular area (except customs AND equipment) but all parts of his gameplay are generally solid. Doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, and his knowledge of many situations is amazing. He leans a bit aggressive (not to the same extent as Ray_Kalm or Papaya though) but he's overall pretty quick to adapt to different play styles.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Played Potechi. Yeah, he's really really solid, no doubt he's A tier. Beat me in about 80% of the games we played. I actually think overall if you're trying to learn Ganon, he's actually probably one of the best to watch, and it's great that he has a livestream on Nicovideo.

I do think he's probably the most well-rounded Ganon main right now. Might not be the most exceptional in any particular area (except customs AND equipment) but all parts of his gameplay are generally solid. Doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, and his knowledge of many situations is amazing. He leans a bit aggressive (not to the same extent as Ray_Kalm or Papaya though) but he's overall pretty quick to adapt to different play styles.
Aaaaand I'm going to fight Potechi on Friday, so thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm going to need a bit more than a few tricks

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
why isn't adom in A tier yet
It can be debated. Part of it is him not having a lot access to tournaments. The other part of it is I actually believe the people who I've listed in that tier are probably stronger players overall.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@Kyogokudo you're definitely improving. Your reads and recovery are mostly still pretty basic but I can tell your spacing has gotten better, you have better control over your grabs and strings, and you don't seem to panic during juggles.

Sometimes when tech chasing it's not a bad idea to buffer an attack, even Fsmash when they lie on the ground. Other than that I think if you become more familiar with shenanigans you'll do a lot better.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I'm posting this here for @ ToonWaker ToonWaker who doesn't have access to the boards here too much and he's in the skype group. @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG he wants to play you to get placed on the tier list. I only saw some videos of him playing but he has good control of the Dorf but, he lacks match up knowledge. But yeah, he wants to play you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm posting this here for @ ToonWaker ToonWaker who doesn't have access to the boards here too much and he's in the skype group. @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG he wants to play you to get placed on the tier list. I only saw some videos of him playing but he has good control of the Dorf but, he lacks match up knowledge. But yeah, he wants to play you.
I agreed to that. The only question is when. I'll add him. I should be around most of today if he's available.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I agreed to that. The only question is when. I'll add him. I should be around most of today if he's available.
I was out with my niece so I didn't get to ask him about availability. Speaking of which, is it ok to ask for a training session with you? @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG

Last edited:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Where should I be on the list? I got 5th/20ish, 7th/24, 4th/32, 9th/45, and 33rd/150ish at the tournaments I've been to.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Where should I be on the list? I got 5th/20ish, 7th/24, 4th/32, 9th/45, and 33rd/150ish at the tournaments I've been to.
Sounds like you have been putting a lot of effort in learning this game, and you've been learning fast and getting pretty decent results. Most conservatively, I'd say top of B from what it sounds like. Most generously, maybe above Z1GMA?

I think for now I'll rank you below Opana on the A tier, though keep me updated! And most importantly, we're all here to help you rise to true power!

Last edited:

Candlejack

Smash Rookie
NNID
RestoringLife
So, now that SmashHub is a thing: Are any of the "S" tier Ganondorfs planning on making a Ganondorf guide for the site? Just curious.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Garioshi Garioshi I would be down for it tomorrow. Name a time and I'll try to accommodate it.

I feel like making a good guide to Ganon requires visuals, to understand situational spacing. Personally.

Last edited:

Candlejack

Smash Rookie
NNID
RestoringLife
@ Garioshi Garioshi I would be down for it tomorrow. Name a time and I'll try to accommodate it.

I feel like making a good guide to Ganon requires visuals, to understand situational spacing. Personally.
It could be done by video, NAKAT posted a Ness one on there and it's a 30 minute video. ESAM's Pikachu guide is written however.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm probably not suited to make a Ganon Guide Vid, since the vid would probably be like 4 hours long :laugh:

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
I'd love to see how I stack up, but I suck and I don't have much free time because of my finals... Although I'm free in 2 weeks! Plus, I'd love some critiques, because I wanna improve really badly.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Any time is good, but it seems that shenanigans happen whenever I do Ganon mirrors.
If you are around say...5pm PST, we can start enacting evil schemes. I can also play other characters too.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Ayyyyeee a Ganon Guide seems like a great idea. A video guide even more so because then everything is... visual. I'll help in any way I can.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG if he doesn't play you then I'll be happy to have another bout.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf's an amazing planker. You should try focusing your entire game style on trying to get people to chase you at the edge, and anticipating with baits and punishes.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481

I would do it, but I don't have much time. If someone wants to do it, I'm willing to assist.

(We all know my guide is still obsolete for some aspects that Ganon has changed, but for the most part is similar)

I agree visuals are good.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
After all my recent training and how well I do against some of the best(Aside from @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm who literally walls me with everyone lol) I have convinced myself that I am A tier. However, until I get some recent tourney results I feel like it's only fair I go no further than the bottom of A, when dorfs such as @ DLA DLA have been to quite a few tourneys with good results.

Also, I'd prefer to be assessed more so on my ability to deal with other MUs, as mirrors for me anyway are solely a learning experience.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Reminds me, there's actually a decent number of tournaments in Los Angeles California, but attending them for me is not always easy when they're usually no less than one hour away from me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ ToonWaker ToonWaker It seemed like you weren't on your best gameplay all the time, but from what I can tell, you play a decent aggressive playstyle, and you have good familiarity with a lot of spacing and timing windows for playing Ganon. Sometimes you're a bit spotdodge happy, which I punished a lot. Also you need to save your jump later offstage more often.

You make smart techchase choices but your techchase mechanics are a bit limited. I did see some good juggles and edgeguards on your end a few times. Hopefully from playing me you saw some other good ways to edgeguard and maximize punishes in bait and techchase situations, especially with pivot F-smash.

So thus, I put you in the middle of C-tier, like most of the other people who probably would benefit from matchup knowledge and advanced/situational tips.

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
Yeah to be honest I am not at the top of my game at the moment I have so much clouding my mind right now I usually can play way better than this I feel kind of disappointed in myself to be honest wish I had a mentor or something kind of hard doing this on my own...

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , we're going to have to rematch soon. I've been hitting the gym of evil, doing some king laps. Ready to put my training to the test again.

I also need to play some of the other Ganons on the list.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , we're going to have to rematch soon. I've been hitting the gym of evil, doing some king laps. Ready to put my training to the test again.

I also need to play some of the other Ganons on the list.
I don't yet know how to rearrange various people on this list, but I can say this. You play very solid defense and are pretty hard to bait, and wait for punishes pretty well, you definitely improved that pretty well. You also do pretty well reading jumps when juggling.

Some of the Ganon dittos we played were closer, even though I won those pretty convincingly given I know the matchup too well. You recovered a lot safer in several games, meaning I tended to mostly edgeguard you in situations where you had limited options.

I think you can afford to play a little riskier and try to look for spacing situations to make hard reads, something I really like doing with Fsmash. I would say stuff about edgeguarding, though I think some of the stuff I pulled off speaks for itself. I developed a lot of techniques to anticipate and catch different low recoveries. I hope to finish a guide on edgeguarding as Ganon.

I apologize if these games were laggy, I am at a friend's place and don't know if that played a part.

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I don't yet know how to rearrange various people on this list, but I can say this. You play very solid defense and are pretty hard to bait, and wait for punishes pretty well, you definitely improved that pretty well. You also do pretty well reading jumps when juggling.

Some of the Ganon dittos we played were closer, even though I won those pretty convincingly given I know the matchup too well. You recovered a lot safer in several games, meaning I tended to mostly edgeguard you in situations where you had limited options.

I think you can afford to play a little riskier and try to look for spacing situations to make hard reads, something I really like doing with Fsmash. I would say stuff about edgeguarding, though I think some of the stuff I pulled off speaks for itself. I developed a lot of techniques to anticipate and catch different low recoveries. I hope to finish a guide on edgeguarding as Ganon.

I apologize if these games were laggy, I am at a friend's place and don't know if that played a part.
Yeah, I always feel very confident on the stage, both in neutral and at a disadvantaged state. I feel like we chipped away at each other evenly, and sometimes I even felt in control of the match, but my stocks just disintegrate once I'm off-stage. Feels so bad to put in all this work and just get dusted by your bananas edge-guarding, haha. You are right though, I should take more risks, and I usually do go deeper against other Ganondorfs, but your option coverage for off-stage play make it more of a liability than its worth, so I felt like I needed to play the slow game.

Anyway, no worries about the lag. Could have been me as well. Those were really fun games.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Reminds me, there's actually a decent number of tournaments in Los Angeles California, but attending them for me is not always easy when they're usually no less than one hour away from me.
locations pls. I also need to buy a GC remote. Didn't bring mine over.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
I found out today that ledgecancelled wizkick nair stage spikes on someone grabbing an edge.
Only downside is that I spiked my teammate.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
A2, how many tournaments has Gungnir attended, any knowledge of this?
Hmmmm...I think the majority of tournaments he's attended are online. He told me back in March he attended about 10 or so, held by this person. https://twitter.com/umiushipowao

Oh yeah when are you usually online? You haven't had a good opportunity to judge my relative skill in a while.

@ Garioshi Garioshi similarly I've been hoping to catch you online at some point. You have some nice video highlights, though from those alone I wasn't completely sure how to judge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom