• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

zferolie

Smash Hero
So where is this info that smash got delayed for persona 5 info coming from?

Also, food for thought. This girl is a newly added younger sister for joker who doesnt know his secret, but she gains very simular abilities as he does hence the alt for smash

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There she IIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HAPPYYY DAAYYSSS

(yeah i didnt wake up in time :p)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
So are we getting P5R at Sega Fes or no? They said Persona would be there but the trailer said April 24.
If there is a FeMC Smash skin (which seems incredibly likely now), they'll have to show her in the outfit before we get the Joker Gameplay trailer. Nintendo won't skip showing the skin and Atlus won't let Nintendo show the FeMC Joker skin first .

I'd say we'll get a more indepth trailer for P5R with the new FeMC at FES.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
It may also be possible that the female character is just a new member of the Phantom Thieves who's fighting style is rly close to that of Joker's and she has an Arsene-like Persona. If that's the case, I could totally see, that she would not only have a different design than Joker herself, but also her Persona which has the same size and traits as Arsene but other coloring and stuff.

Then again it would be weird to have Joker in the party twice with no real differences.
And if it's rly just the "Marie"-Archtype, I am totally confused why Joker would have a costume based on her.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If there is a FeMC Smash skin (which seems incredibly likely now), they'll have to show her in the outfit before we get the Joker Gameplay trailer. Nintendo won't skip showing the skin and Atlus won't let Nintendo show the FeMC Joker skin first .

I'd say we'll get a more indepth trailer for P5R with the new FeMC at FES.
I hope so. But the trailer said April 24.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
So where is this info that smash got delayed for persona 5 info coming from?

Also, food for thought. This girl is a newly added younger sister for joker who doesnt know his secret, but she gains very simular abilities as he does hence the alt for smash
My speculation/worry, assuming ATLUS is so insisted that they reveal this new girl first before Smash possibly does (assuming this girl IS the supposed "Jane" alt). When does Nintendo usually have their directs to advertise Spring releases/updates?

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
It may also be possible that the female character is just a new member of the Phantom Thieves who's fighting style is rly close to that of Joker's and she has an Arsene-like Persona. If that's the case, I could totally see, that she would not only have a different design than Joker herself, but also her Persona which has the same size and traits as Arsene but other coloring and stuff.

Then again it would be weird to have Joker in the party twice with no real differences.
And if it's rly just the "Marie"-Archtype, I am totally confused why Joker would have a costume based on her.
Same. If she IS a Joker alt; then that means her canonical abilities would have to be identical to Joker's that you can use one over the other and still achieve the same thing.

Or as I said in my previous posts: ATLUS might just be stupid silly again and try to push this new NPC/party member so hard that they waste alt slots on Joker JUST for her.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In other news, interestingly, Sony decided to do their own Direct, with blackjack and hookers start presentations called State of Play. Never change, Sony.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._of_play_playstations_take_on_nintendo_direct

The first is only a couple days from now, which is nice.

Same. If she IS a Joker alt; then that means her canonical abilities would have to be identical to Joker's that you can use one over the other and still achieve the same thing.

Or as I said in my previous posts: ATLUS might just be stupid silly again and try to push this new NPC/party member so hard that they waste alt slots on Joker JUST for her.
I kinda doubt she'd come with like 20 outfits, this isn't Dead Or Alive...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I get that you dislike Marie, but fear-mongering based on zero evidence is uncalled for. Your suggestion is simply doesn't make sense.

Marie wasn't even playable in Golden and she has her own unique abilities in Arena. Also acting like Marie's Japanese fanbase invalid just because you hate her seems childish. They never pushed into any bigger role compared to other atendants.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, I haven't visited this thread since Joker got announced! Finished my second play through a month ago and was able to Max all confidants in one go.

Anyhoo....This is quite interesting. Having her as a female protagonist would change up things quite a bit. Kamoshida would probably stay the same in some aspect, though Sojiro would have to be changed a bit I feel.

What if she is like Akechi? Not crazy!! Just a similar version of your Persona and outfit (Jester?)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Whats with the marie hate? I didnt play 4 so dont understand
Dont worry about it Aeon shadow gets antsy at certain things.

So, im not sure what the april date is for, but we most definitely will get more info in one week.
And in the meantime, it was a teaser like we thought, but I didnt expect it to really be just the FeMC teaser XD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well it looks like she may have more than we think to her story?
(a translation)

“What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?”​
“I think it’s great to help people, but if I have to pick one [option], I don’t like them.​
I don’t think these Phantom Thieves are really fixing the world, and they’re not truly helping people.​
I think if you really need to fix a problem, you have to solve it yourself.”​

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
(a translation)

“I think it’s great to help people, but if I have to pick one [option], I don’t like them.​
I don’t think these Phantom Thieves are really fixing the world, and they’re not truly helping people.​
Alt story where female joker is younger and the phantom thieves are there own thing, but she wants to save people her own way

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
(a translation)

Maybe, and this is just me spit balling, she has a different method of helping others. Perhaps she has a power that would enable people to escape the sloth of society and take their own action against the problems they are dealing with? Of course, that sort of behavior could backfire if the person in question has to take big risks to solve said problem. We saw what happened when Makoto tried to take things into her own hands before becoming a PT.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alt story where female joker is younger and the phantom thieves are there own thing, but she wants to save people her own way
Maybe, and this is just me spit balling, she has a different method of helping others. Perhaps she has a power that would enable people to escape the sloth of society and take their own action against the problems they are dealing with? Of course, that sort of behavior could backfire if the person in question has to take big risks to solve said problem. We saw what happened when Makoto tried to take things into her own hands before becoming a PT.
Maybe she comes in at a certain point in the story? The question is tho, would she join up with them after a bit of story, or would she have her own teammates?? I really wonder now what's going on lol.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
We can't ignore the possibility of her not being the FeMC BUT that there still going to be one.
What I mean by that is, that she might end up being the "Aeon" Confident while there will be an announcement on the 24th that Female Joker will be a thing from the get go.

If that's the case that would explain everything. She is just another social Link, while Female Joker might be an Option to select when you start the game.
Anyways I am rly hyped to get more P5 content since I felt like replaying P5 for the 4th time but stopped myself waiting for P5R. Please don't take too much time to come to the West :(

ALSO: Can we get a Female Joker "Best girl" Option when she becomes reality?

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I know I shouldn't be fear-mongering around here, but I want to know: Does anyone else really DO think Nintendo/Sakurai are being forces to work around ATLUS' schedules? Assuming this new girl is an alt, yet ATLUS wants to wait until the 24th to reveal her: Wouldn't that be a bit pushy for ATLUS to make Nintendo/Sakurai comply even if it's still Nintendo/Sakurai's game that Joker is in?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We can't ignore the possibility of her not being the FeMC BUT that there still going to be one.
What I mean by that is, that she might end up being the "Aeon" Confident while there will be an announcement on the 24th that Female Joker will be a thing from the get go.

If that's the case that would explain everything. She is just another social Link, while Female Joker might be an Option to select when you start the game.
Anyways I am rly hyped to get more P5 content since I felt like replaying P5 for the 4th time but stopped myself waiting for P5R. Please don't take too much time to come to the West :(

ALSO: Can we get a Female Joker "Best girl" Option when she becomes reality?
And both have ponytails? :p
Nah I really think this is the one, especially considering she's the star of the trailer. and she would have to fight like joker, so it's probably a twist in the story that we dont understand yet.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know I shouldn't be fear-mongering around here, but I want to know: Does anyone else really DO think Nintendo/Sakurai are being forces to work around ATLUS' schedules? Assuming this new girl is an alt, yet ATLUS wants to wait until the 24th to reveal her: Wouldn't that be a bit pushy for ATLUS to make Nintendo/Sakurai comply even if it's still Nintendo/Sakurai's game that Joker is in?
No. ATLUS is a just a company they work with, they have no saying on Nintendo's schedules.

It's possible that they made a request and that wouldn't be pushy.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested to see the personality differences. P3 MC and FeMC had wildly different personalities

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
i think she may have something to do with akechi, it's called the "royal" edition and akechi is supposed to be the royal prince, she also talks about how she's against the phantom thieves, maybe it is a side story about investigating them

also, it's possible for her to be an alt skin but not use arsene, it could simply switch to whatever her persona is in the animation for the move

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

Inb4 Joker's alt is his Gamer form and not the new female counterpart.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
No. ATLUS is a just a company they work with, they have no saying on Nintendo's schedules.

It's possible that they made a request and that wouldn't be pushy.
I hope so: Meaning if Nintendo/Sakurai want to have their Smash direct that my include this new girl as a Joker alt, then they'll damn do whatever they want without giving a damn if ATLUS gets too pushy on their Persona content in Smash.

amageish

Smash Master
Apparently the calling card that the girl got said this:
4/24” “Visit the Ryugoku Kokugikan (A Sports Area in Japan)”
“-The Phantom Thieves Of Heart”
That's a calling card for the audience, inviting them to the concert... Just the standard promotional stuff...

Okay, well, first off, I called it:

I bet they'll show a very very very very very very very vague teaser of the enhanced edition. Like, if they're adding a new Aeon confidant, you see their design and nothing else. If they're adding a FeMC, show her design off and nothing else.
That said, I didn't expect them to be so vague that we don't know if it is a FeMC or an Aeon confidant...

Looking at her from a design PoV, she looks soooooo self-inserty. Like, Soejima is a very good character designer, I don't see why he would make a character look this blend-into-the-crowd-y unless she's (i) a self-insert or (ii) a character whose story is based on her looking blending into the crowd, which seems unlikely given her defiant statement about wanting to solve problems herself... So, I think she's probably a FeMC.

As we've discussed before, a FeMC would require some rewriting, so why not go all the way and make her in a different year and be a better liar?

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
i think she may have something to do with akechi, it's called the "royal" edition and akechi is supposed to be the royal prince, she also talks about how she's against the phantom thieves, maybe it is a side story about investigating them

also, it's possible for her to be an alt skin but not use arsene, it could simply switch to whatever her persona is in the animation for the move
Assuming she IS the "Jane" alt: If Joker implements Arsene a lot in his moveset, then she will likely also get Arsene or someone similar. Whether it be a female version ala Orpheus, or even Arsene himself if P5R is some FES kind off follow-up.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope so: Meaning if Nintendo/Sakurai want to have their Smash direct that my include this new girl as a Joker alt, then they'll damn do whatever they want without giving a damn if ATLUS gets too pushy on their Persona content in Smash.
Do you have a problem with ATLUS/Persona? Because you keep reflecting it in weird ways.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That said, I didn't expect them to be so vague that we don't know if it is a FeMC or an Aeon confidant...
The universe always finds a way to prove someone wrong, even if it's only slightly.

"Only for Ps4"

Welp, looks like i'm gonna have to buy a Ps4 now...
I recommend the Pro model.

In any case, it looks like the "Switch release promotion" theory got disproven, so until further notice the only thing that tied Joker to Nintendo stuff at all is Q2.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Assuming she IS the "Jane" alt: If Joker implements Arsene a lot in his moveset, then she will likely also get Arsene or someone similar. Whether it be a female version ala Orpheus, or even Arsene himself if P5R is some FES kind off follow-up.
The persona is the easiest to be different somehow. The fighting style tho is the one that'll be the same. She would use knives too, etc.

So, since she's a mystery, i think my avatar can be this one, until i find some fan art :p

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a problem with ATLUS/Persona? Because you keep reflecting it in weird ways.
Possibly. For some reason I have this pre-conceived notion that ATLUS is just as stingy and over-protective of their IP ala Square Enix in that they micro-manage anything and everything about how their franchises are represented. Granted I probably don't have any factual evidence on that, nor the idea they'd make Nintendo delay a Smash direct just so they reveal stuff first.

Edit: I also get weary of any company who milks their IP under every genre under the sun. The fighting games were acceptable, the dancing games were just plain weird, but I swear if they make racing games or something then yeah that will really feel for me like ATLUS are just hacks.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think at this point it's safe to say that we won't get a Joker reveal until Atlus shows more of the new girl. If the date they showed in the teaser is the next time we'll see the game, then we're not getting him until the last week of April.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
The universe always finds a way to prove someone wrong, even if it's only slightly.
I used to think this way. Then I switched to 'option select thinking', where you expect the worst and wait for the universe to prove you wrong, giving you something good. It does wonders for your outlook on life

Top Bottom