• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay; let's clear this up: can we be assured that they're making sure all characters are being worked on simultaneously? Otherwise there won't be time to even release the 3rd one by Feb 2020 if it's individually...

Either that, or most of the focus is on the most complex one, then spread out to the others afterwards.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I hope I'm proven wrong as well as want to be proven wrong. And I will also gladly admit so if I am.

Hard to compare Smash 4 DLC to Ultimate DLC as in Smash 4: 3 of them were returning veterans, while 3 were 3rd party characters. Ultimate's DLC may very well be all 5 3rd party characters who are (obviously) new to the series.
3rd party characters would take longer too. So it might be like amageish is saying and it's just taking that long.
Still no reason not to show gameplay, but that's a small price to pay if we're getting something cool we didn't know about (imo)

It makes me wonder too.. if she is different enough than joker, what if he has some skills that she has, and vice versa? (like Richter/Simon)?
This really is more of a mystery than i thought.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
3rd party characters would take longer too. So it might be like amageish is saying and it's just taking that long.
Still no reason not to show gameplay, but that's a small price to pay if we're getting something cool we didn't know about (imo)

It makes me wonder too.. if she is different enough than joker, what if he has some skills that she has, and vice versa? (like Richter/Simon)?
This really is more of a mystery than i thought.
If she's an alt, then they'll both play exactly the same. Same moves, same animations, same properties/frame date, etc. etc.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If she's an alt, then they'll both play exactly the same. Same moves, same animations, same properties/frame date, etc. etc.
Yes, but Simon and Richter play the same too. But they have some of each others' canon moves.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Okay; let's clear this up: can we be assured that they're making sure all characters are being worked on simultaneously? Otherwise there won't be time to even release the 3rd one by Feb 2020 if it's individually...

Either that, or most of the focus is on the most complex one, then spread out to the others afterwards.
One assumes they are being developed at the same time, yeah...

Yes, but Simon and Richter play the same too. But they have some of each others' canon moves.
I don't think one can have more moves then "access to literally every Persona"?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So End of April is looking likely for the first DLC character if I'm reading this all correct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
One assumes they are being developed at the same time, yeah...

I don't think one can have more moves then "access to every literally Persona"?
Well they're not going to only have persona moves, and even then they might have 2 different default personas with different key abilities but have both as one character in smash. And some of what they''ll have might be signature to them besides personas.

If hiding the alt is so important, all that needs to be done is Sakurai simply not bringing it up. Or perhaps even censor it with shadows or pixels, I dunno. This ain't rocket science.
Which is why i think we could still get a direct early april :)

and they do work on multiple characters at a time. The datamine showed that, but 'brave' had a lot more placeholder data so they dont work on all of them equally.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
True, granted their Holy Water special have different properties thus Richter's Echo status. But yes if "Jane" IS an alt of Joker's, then that means she should be capable of doing the stuff Joker does in canon as well. It's why I kept saying that the thought of some people thinking the other PTs would be alts ala the Koopalings is a stupid idea.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
True, granted their Holy Water special have different properties thus Richter's Echo status. But yes if "Jane" IS an alt of Joker's, then that means she should be capable of doing the stuff Joker does in canon as well. It's why I kept saying that the thought of some people thinking the other PTs would be alts ala the Koopalings is a stupid idea.
Wait, what? I was only bringing up Bowser Jr. because the girl's personality could be different than Joker's and have her be her own distinct character, is all, not that all the PTs would be alts. I expect the PTs to be in the FS at most. Besides, the Koopalings usually don't all use the exact same abilities in their own series.

The Corrins are just about interchangeable, Joker and this girl may not be.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here is some more Jane art(That is what I am going to calling her for the time being).
There was a problem fetching the tweet

amageish

Smash Master
Well they're not going to only have persona moves, and even then they might have 2 different default personas with different key abilities but have both as one character in smash. And some of what they''ll have might be signature to them besides personas.
I mean, true, she could have something other then I knife I guess... I doubt they'll change the combat fundamentally though, so she'll probably still have a normal-ish weapon plus a gun and then a variety of personae.

Arsene will probably be slightly redesigned, but remain the same in general.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean, true, she could have something other then I knife I guess... I doubt they'll change the combat fundamentally though, so she'll probably still have a normal-ish weapon plus a gun and then a variety of personae.

Arsene will probably be slightly redesigned, but remain the same in general.
Granted, we only have a single instance of this sort of thing happening to go off of, but if the FeMC follows similar rules to P3P's, there will be noticeable differences between her Arsene and Joker's, while also basically remaining the same Persona.
Female_Orpheus_from_P3P.png

This is female Orpheus.

Orpheus_from_P3P.png

And this is male Orpheus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, let me see if I got this right.

So, last time it took a year to develop a character, but all of 4's DLC characters came out in relatively short order between announcements (except Mewtwo). Ryu was on June 2015, yet none of the newcomers after him came out exactly one year after him. Meanwhile, Mewtwo only had a model revealed on October 2014, but came out less than a year later, that being April 2015.

This time, it takes six months. So my hunch is, Joker is actually the last character they hadn't started working on yet to some extent, hence why they only had an animated trailer for his announcement when they decided to have him be the pass' first character.

My point is, there had to be at least a little programming done in advance for the pass characters, even if it's only a model at most.

Granted, we only have a single instance of this sort of thing happening to go off of, but if the FeMC follows similar rules to P3P's, there will be noticeable differences between her Arsene and Joker's, while also basically remaining the same Persona.

This is female Orpheus.

And this is male Orpheus.
Kinda like Pokémon, basically.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here is some more Jane art(That is what I am going to calling her for the time being).
thank you dont mind if i do :)

that's what im talking about. and since it hasnt even been 1 day, i think we can look forward to more :D

extra:

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
If she ends up in smash ( Which is pretty likely at this point ).......... HOOOOOOOOOO BOY the amount of memes and fanart is gonna be HUGE

And lots of R34 too unfortunately

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it's weird how inconsistent the activity in threads can be sometimes XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is anyone here besides me going to watch Sony's not-direct (State of Play) on Monday? I'm curious as to how it'll be like and what they have to show off.

I think it's weird how inconsistent the activity in threads can be sometimes XD
Well, I can tell you this: the activity in the Bonk and Higgins threads are consistently dead.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Is anyone here besides me going to watch Sony's not-direct on Monday? I'm curious as to how it'll be like and what they have to show off.

Well, I can tell you this: the activity in the Bonk and Higgins threads are consistently dead.
right.
probably not going to watch it myself, but i'll look to people here to keep me up to date :D

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
If she ends up in smash ( Which is pretty likely at this point ).......... HOOOOOOOOOO BOY the amount of memes and fanart is gonna be HUGE

And lots of R34 too unfortunately
And salt from the Smash community because that means Joker is partially an advertisment stunt. And you know how they feel about characters getting in solely for advertisment (coughCorrincough).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At least this time it's from a game they're familiar with. The West knew jack all about Fire Emblem Fates at the time.

Also, as far as I know we're not getting 5 Persona characters in the whole pass. Corrin had more issues than just "promotion". Besides, people already have salt just for Joker being in period.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Ugh all this mess on whether this new girl IS "Jane" or not sometimes makes me wish Joker's Smash representation was simple as that. It would suck so much if ATLUS used this opportunity to just push another spinoff or dare I say perhaps just another NPC character. Much like how ATLUS's secretive nature might also affect the Persona 5 content like music and other stuff.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ugh all this mess on whether this new girl IS "Jane" or not sometimes makes me wish Joker's Smash representation was simple as that. It would suck so much if ATLUS used this opportunity to just push another spinoff or dare I say perhaps just another NPC character. Much like how ATLUS's secretive nature might also affect the Persona 5 content like music and other stuff.
The back and forth is gonna drive me crazy if people keep trying to find reasons for it being disappointing when we dont really know.

We know the datamined stuff ties to her.
The trailer was basically all about her, with regards to P5R. We dont know what the game is really, but clearly she's a super important part of it.

I think it's better to just simplify it, and if it ends up disappointing then we can mourn and talk about it then :p

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, people are asking you to stop this baseless Atlus hate. It's getting very annoying.
As I said in a previous post that I edited: I partially don't trust a company who keeps making spinoffs of a game, and puts them into different genres (fighters, dancing rhythm games, etc.) Even more so if they simply used Smash to advertise either this new FeMC or just a freaking NPC.

Teeb147 said:

The back and forth is gonna drive me crazy if people keep trying to find reasons for it being disappointing when we dont really know.

The trailer was basically all about her, with regards to P5R. We dont know what the game is really, but clearly she's a super important part of it.

I think it's better to just simplify it, and if it ends up disappointing then we can mourn and talk about it then :p

Yes the datamine stuff ties to her, meaning she's either another playable char or worse - another NPC they want to push REALLY hard especially if she can do Joker's stuff in canon. Regardless this still means that ATLUS used Joker's presence in Smash as yet another advertisment stunt which is what anti-Joker fans were accusing Joker's inclusion of being in the first place

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman

Yes the datamine stuff ties to her, meaning she's either another playable char or worse - another NPC they want to push REALLY hard especially if she can do Joker's stuff in canon. Regardless this still means that ATLUS used Joker's presence in Smash as yet another advertisment stunt which is what anti-Joker fans were accusing Joker's inclusion of being in the first place.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, just the fact that she would fight similar to joker and can summon Arsene is definitely making me lean more towards her being a femc.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes the datamine stuff ties to her, meaning she's either another playable char or worse - another NPC they want to push REALLY hard especially if she can do Joker's stuff in canon. Regardless this still means that ATLUS used Joker's presence in Smash as yet another advertisment stunt which is what anti-Joker fans were accusing Joker's inclusion of being in the first place.
Watch out for double-posting. It's not a rule in all forums but it is here. (you can edit in quotes)

As for what you're saying, I have no clue why you'd be worried about something like that when that's extremely unlikely. For someone to think that they'd put an npc as an alt costume for joker? no way that'll happen. (0.0001% chance)

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, just the fact that she would fight similar to joker and can summon Arsene is definitely making me lean more towards her being a femc.
I think so too, but the pessimistic in me also thinks this girl is just another new major character that ATLUS tries to push hard, so much they make her part of Joker's alts which would again affirm my fears of ATLUS just using Smash as an advertisment stunt and micro-managing Joker's representation not unlike Square Enix with Cloud.

Watch out for double-posting. It's not a rule in all forums but it is here. (you can edit in quotes)

As for what you're saying, I have no clue why you'd be worried about something like that when that's extremely unlikely. For someone to think that they'd put an npc as an alt costume for joker? no way that'll happen. (0.0001% chance)
Atlus has done stupid **** before, I mean look at Marie's existence for one. Did the P4 story really need another character, much less one who "feels" like she was shoehorned to be the "canon" love interest?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think so too, but the pessimistic in me also thinks this girl is just another new major character that ATLUS tries to push hard, so much they make her part of Joker's alts which would again affirm my fears of ATLUS just using Smash as an advertisment stunt and micro-managing Joker's representation not unlike Square Enix with Cloud.
I don't think Sakurai would allow it to that extent. He is all about properly representing characters after all.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I don't Sakurai would allow it to that extent. He is all about properly representing characters after all.
It depends really on how willing Atlus is to play ball whether they'll pull a Final Fantasy (and only give the bare bones content) or a Castlevania (who were more than happy to put in 30+ songs, and many more). I know I shouldn't, but surely they know what being in Smash could mean for advertising Persona further so I will really be stumped if they screwed this up solely because of their own agendas.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Atlus has done stupid **** before, I mean look at Marie's existence for one. Did the P4 story really need another character, much less one who "feels" like she was shoehorned to be the "canon" love interest?
You double-posted again. Try not to post right after one of your own posts ok?

Why do you have a problem with marie? what's wrong with adding a character?
Also, it's normal for businesses to promote. So long as they do it in a way that gets more people into persona and at the same time we get more in smash, i dont see the problem.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It depends really on how willing Atlus is to play ball whether they'll pull a Final Fantasy (and only give the bare bones content) or a Castlevania (who were more than happy to put in 30+ songs, and many more).
But Square was just restricting things, not talling Sakurai to misrepresent.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
You double-posted again. Try not to post right after one of your own posts ok?

Why do you have a problem with marie? what's wrong with adding a character?
Also, it's normal for businesses to promote. So long as they do it in a way that gets more people into persona and at the same time we get more in smash, i dont see the problem.
How do I delete my second post? I already edited up my first one.

But Square was just restricting things, not talling Sakurai to misrepresent.
And you don't think Atlus could do the same for whatever asinine reason? I mean didn't people claim that Dragon Quest may be the same thing since its composer worries about his concert sales? Considering that ATLUS does a LOT of Persona-related events, they may think Smash getting access to its tracks where they are easily accessible may hurt them.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How do I delete my second post? I already edited up my first one.
You can click 'report' on a post like that you want deleted and just type 'double-post' as the reason.
A mod will take care of it as soon as they can.

Im pretty sure Atlus is less stingy than square enix. Sometimes they have their reasons for not giving out a lot of things, like music. Not saying they're always good reasons, but it's part of how they do things sometimes for certain business reasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom