• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
You can click 'report' on a post like that you want deleted and just type 'double-post' as the reason.
A mod will take care of it as soon as they can.

Im pretty sure Atlus is less stingy than square enix. Sometimes they have their reasons for not giving out a lot of things, like music. Not saying they're always good reasons, but it's part of how they do things sometimes for certain business reasons.
It's going to such so bad if there are only like two Persona tracks, ATLUS does not know what they would be missing out on. They're not Square-Enix levels big, so they should see Smash as way to give them more mainstream exposure. At the same time though...they may have used this chance solely to advertise a female alt or worse another NPC.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's going to such so bad if there are only like two Persona tracks, ATLUS does not know what they would be missing out on. They're not Square-Enix levels big, so they should see Smash as way to give them more mainstream exposure. At the same time though...they may have used this chance solely to advertise a female alt or worse another NPC.
Yes, have a little faith in them. I'm sure there'll be a good amount of music.
And dont worry about advertising a persona npc that'd be in smash, that wont happen. If it does we can ***** about it then. We dont have to prematurely feel bad about things that havent happened and especially in cases that are unlikely to happen. Just trying to explain it as simple as i can.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The only problem Atlus might run into with music is working out the use itself with the singers. I recall there being some legal complexities related to that, but otherwise its no problem.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only problem Atlus might run into with music is working out the use itself with the singers. I recall there being some legal complexities related to that, but otherwise its no problem.
Still beats Sonic music rights, really.

Also, I'm sure ATLUS is fine financially, so they have absolutely no reason to be stingy, otherwise they wouldn't still be doing their own thing after they've been bought out years ago.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
here we have very high quality artwork for our new girl.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Still beats Sonic music rights, really.

Also, I'm sure ATLUS is fine financially, so they have absolutely no reason to be stingy, otherwise they wouldn't still be doing their own thing after they've been bought out years ago.
Sometimes I wonder if ATLUS nearly getting backrupt (twice) is why they keep doing these spinoffs.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here is some more Jane art.
Also, can we just point out how similar Jane is to the P3 FeMC? Red hair, has some form of pony tail, similar eye color, and even a red bow.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sometimes I wonder if ATLUS nearly getting backrupt (twice) is why they keep doing these spinoffs.
Whether they felt like it or it was for money, you live you learn. If it makes money it means people want them. supply and demand.

Nintendo has a ton of spin-offs, and even had mario dancing games too.

Here is some more Jane art.
Also, can we just point out how similar Jane is to the P3 FeMC? Red hair, has some form of pony tail, similar eye color, and even a red bow.
nice there's a few i hadnt seen in there.
Itd be so much simpler if everyone used the same tags or there was one good site for uploading or finding art :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I do think we should detail what the status of Ren would be.
What do you mean? I feel like that'd be hard to include. Unless you just mean for the first option (like mc choosable between the two)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What do you mean? I feel like that'd be hard to include. Unless you just mean for the first option (like mc choosable between the two)
Never mind, kinda realized what I was thinking was rather flawed. We should also include the possibility of her being a party member rather than a FeMC(Unless she becomes the FeMC of a side story later).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Never mind, kinda realized what I was thinking was rather flawed. We should also include the possibility of her being a party member rather than a FeMC(Unless she becomes the FeMC of a side story later).
Yeah we could add that. Since 'side character' is a bit too broad and might not include party members necessarily.

-New Party Member

(would join at some point in the story, i spose)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Now here's a neat plot twist:

This girl turns out to be Ren's sister
Ive seen a few people mention that. I mean, could happen.

Also, regarding the possibilities, I wonder if we should say one option being 'Main Persona 5 story FeMC' and another being 'New Story FeMC'. Because for the 'Side story' one I was thinking more of a new side story within the main game.

We still dont know if it's the same game with new things, or something completely differnent, like maybe taking place during or after the events.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
If she IS a FeMC, I'm hoping for some major alterations to the story and not just have her be a copy+paste work of Ren. Got to incite the fanbase to buy this after all even though they'll buy it anyway cause it's Persona.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If she IS a FeMC, I'm hoping for some major alterations to the story and not just have her be a copy+paste work of Ren. Got to incite the fanbase to buy this after all even though they'll buy it anyway cause it's Persona.
Dude, seriously, what's your problem? You're always so negative about everything Persona/ATLUS related. Do you ever have anything positive to say about them?

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Dude, seriously, what's your problem? You're always so negative about everything Persona/ATLUS related. Do you ever have anything positive to say about them?
I'm just being realistic: Last thing I want is to hype like crazy only for the end result to be FAR from what I imagined. It's also why part of me has lost some hype for Joker's Smash content that I now just see him getting the bare minimum as opposed to the mountain of content that some people are hoping/expecting. That said: I love to be proven and want to be proven wrong with ATLUS and Smash, and I noticed my hype actually improves if I expected the end product to be terrible from the get-go.

And like I said in previous posts: I have a problem trusting a company who shells out 1-2 spinoffs at least once a way, and of different genres at that. Won't be long before they unveil that racing game or god knows what else.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm just being realistic: Last thing I want is to hype like crazy only for the end result to be FAR from what I imagined. It's also why part of me has lost some hype for Joker's Smash content that I now just see him getting the bare minimum as opposed to the mountain of content that some people are hoping/expecting. That said: I love to be proven and want to be proven wrong with ATLUS and Smash, and I noticed my hype actually improves if I expected the end product to be terrible from the get-go.

And like I said in previous posts: I have a problem trusting a company who shells out 1-2 spinoffs at least once a way, and of different genres at that. Won't be long before they unveil that racing game or god knows what else.
Okay, but there's realism, and then there's just being a ****in' downer. Seriously, we don't need to hear you constantly talk about how "ATLUS is a bad company" and "they'll only give us the bare minimum of content" and "Persona fans will just buy whatever they put out".

It's gettin' old, and I'm sure I'm not the only one gettin' bummed out by it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Okay, but there's realism, and then there's just being a ****in' downer. Seriously, we don't need to hear you constantly talk about how "ATLUS is a bad company" and "they'll only give us the bare minimum of content" and "Persona fans will just buy whatever they put out".

It's gettin' old, and I'm sure I'm not the only one gettin' bummed out by it.
If people don't have trouble telling Nintendo (with their wallets even) when they release games they don't like I'm sure they can manage for Atlus. But I don't think their spin-offs have actually been bad? And didn't Persona start out as an SMT spinoff in the first place?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
After all this and no one here knows who she really is....

...Monika from Doki Doki. :4pacman:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

What's wrong with spin offs? Are you aware of how many spin offs Nintendo makes? Mario kart is one of their biggest series. Call me when they start making bad spin-offs, because so far I've enjoyed them all.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
How different do you think the FeMC's Thief outfit will be compared to normal Joker's?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How different do you think the FeMC's Thief outfit will be compared to normal Joker's?
If she is a FeMC of Joker, then it will be similar. I think the colors would change though. If she is a separate entity, then I imagine it will differentiate more.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If she's really an alt for Joker, virtually identical. She'd have to share even idle animations and stuff. Like I'd imagine Joker pulling on his gloves and stuff. She has to do literally every movement exactly the same. If she didn't work as a full pallet swap for him they'd have made her an echo or left her out completely.

Edit: I think maybe it will be red with black gloves though. Joker had black hair and a black costume with red gloves. Red and black are the P5 colors and now we have a red haired Protag.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
If she's really an alt for Joker, virtually identical. She'd have to share even idle animations and stuff. Like I'd imagine Joker pulling on his gloves and stuff. She has to do literally every movement exactly the same. If she didn't work as a full pallet swap for him they'd have made her an echo or left her out completely.

Edit: I think maybe it will be red with black gloves though. Joker had black hair and a black costume with red gloves. Red and black are the P5 colors and now we have a red haired Protag.
I could also see a different yet still similar style mask as another one

amageish

Smash Master
What do you guys think they'll show off at sega fes? Didn't they confirm that p5 stuff is gonna be shown off?
Probably just a lot of "Man, look at the games we've made" and celebrating Persona in a general sense, unfortunately...

And salt from the Smash community because that means Joker is partially an advertisment stunt. And you know how they feel about characters getting in solely for advertisment (coughCorrincough).
Joker has already had a relatively-positive reception; I doubt a FeMC would change it that much. Corrin was disliked for being a promotional pick, sure, but also for being a character from a franchise already seen as having too many characters - in addition to being the protagonist of an unreleased and soon-to-be contentious game. Persona 5 is already popular, a FeMC is a commonly-requested addition, and, frankly, many Smash fans will be happy to have another waifu in the game, even if they don't care about Persona.

I'm sure some people will complain, but with a fanbase the size of Smash Brothers, you literally cannot do anything without upsetting someone....

I mean didn't people claim that Dragon Quest may be the same thing since its composer worries about his concert sales? Considering that ATLUS does a LOT of Persona-related events, they may think Smash getting access to its tracks where they are easily accessible may hurt them.
And, as I've said before, Puzzles and Dragons got full P5 songs. ATLUS isn't stingy with their property; they don't like people illegally* uploading their OSTs to YouTube where they don't profit of it. Dragon Quest, meanwhile, cannot even get non-midi soundtracks between all regions as the composer is on the record as personally being troublesome.

*Japanese Fair Use Law is very different then American Fair Use law, so it's much harder to argue it is legal

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
After all this and no one here knows who she really is....

...Monika from Doki Doki. :4pacman:
To access the golden ending, you must delete your save data. :4pacman:

Probably just a lot of "Man, look at the games we've made" and celebrating Persona in a general sense, unfortunately...

Joker has already had a relatively-positive reception; I doubt a FeMC would change it that much. Corrin was disliked for being a promotional pick, sure, but also for being a character from a franchise already seen as having too many characters - in addition to being the protagonist of an unreleased and soon-to-be contentious game. Persona 5 is already popular, a FeMC is a commonly-requested addition, and, frankly, many Smash fans will be happy to have another waifu in the game, even if they don't care about Persona.

I'm sure some people will complain, but with a fanbase the size of Smash Brothers, you literally cannot do anything without upsetting someone....

And, as I've said before, Puzzles and Dragons got full P5 songs. ATLUS isn't stingy with their property; they don't like people illegally* uploading their OSTs to YouTube where they don't profit of it. Dragon Quest, meanwhile, cannot even get non-midi soundtracks between all regions as the composer is on the record as personally being troublesome.

*Japanese Fair Use Law is very different then American Fair Use law, so it's much harder to argue it is legal
Even then, DQ has in-game midi soundtracks mostly because Japanese fans like it that way out of tradition, supposedly. People just take issue with him denying Japan's war crimes (as if he had anything to do with them).

And yes, the Smash fanbase is impossible to fully please. There is a Brawl-era fan art of :ultsonic: doing the finger that encapsulates this, but I can't find it on DA right now.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, if the fact that Jane looks a lot like a certain someone catches on in the meme community, I wonder how Relaxalax is going to react. Anyway, more art.

Top Bottom