• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They do kinda deserve to be on the poll. If Sae can get on it, they certainly should.

I wouldn't know, as I have not really watched the anime.
I actually like them for some things and dont for some other things, so not sure i'd even vote for them either :p

The anime feels pretty bare bones and more like a summary of the main parts of the story.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
On a semi-related note, between BBxTag getting more characters soon, Jane and P5R being a thing, Joker in Smash Bros., and the worldwide release of PQ2, this has been a very solid year for Persona. I know it's being put on hold for the Grandblue fighting game, but imagine if Atlus dropped a P5 Arena trailer by June or something. Hoo boy.

4. While I wouldn't say I am disappointed, I do think that some characters should have gotten more appreciation on the poll.

I also find it hilarious how you "conveniently" skipped over Ohya.
I agree. There might be more variety if the poll was multiple choice.

I was still editing that part of my post, but "drunk Japanese Lois Lane" had the lamest perk from a gameplay perspective, and very little character development. I think she looks cool, but that's not saying much. I wanted to like her, but couldn't. Lala was even more interesting, TBH.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I agree. There might be more variety if the poll was multiple choice.

I was still editing that part of my post, but "drunk Japanese Lois Lane" had the lamest perk from a gameplay perspective, and very little character development. I think she looks cool, but that's not saying much. I wanted to like her, but couldn't. Lala was even more interesting, TBH.
You mean if you could shoose more than one, right? All polls are multiple choice.

While I also find Ohya's character a bit lacking and certainly not best girl material, I actually like how connected her plot is to the main story and the way she helps you at the end of the game if you maxed her out.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You mean if you could shoose more than one, right? All polls are multiple choice.

While I also find Ohya's character a bit lacking and certainly not best girl material, I actually like how connected her plot is to the main story and the way she helps you at the end of the game if you maxed her out.
The polls can be set to multiple choice. but this one isnt.
Does make it easier to pick in some cases.

also here's another pretty cool one:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I dunno if anyone follows or has historically followed Strain42, author of the Persona 3 FTW webcomic and MegaTen-focused YouTuber, but he posted an interesting-ish female character theory.

It's a standard-issue compromise between the NPC and FeMC prediction, but it is possible...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The polls can be set to multiple choice. but this one isnt.
Does make it easier to pick in some cases.

also here's another pretty cool one:
And in other cases it makes the choice even more stressful. But I do think it would be interesting to see what would happen if you could select your top 3 or something like that.

That is a great photo. I have also seen some cool art.
Also, Relaxalax posted this and I cannot be happier.
I dunno if anyone follows or has historically followed Strain42, author of the Persona 3 FTW webcomic and MegaTen-focused YouTuber, but he posted an interesting-ish female character theory.

It's a standard-issue compromise between the NPC and FeMC prediction, but it is possible...
It is possible, but it would be quite the spoiler to have her in Smash then. You pretty much lose any surprise of her becoming a FeMC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Basically? It's just a weird choice of thing to adapt, especially given how much the anime skipped over...
You know what the sad part is?

The anime adaptation of Amagami already did something like this, but more in-depth with its story arcs, so it's not even an original idea!

It is possible, but it would be quite the spoiler to have her in Smash then. You pretty much lose any surprise of her becoming a FeMC.
Never stopped em before. :ultsheik::ultlucas:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And in other cases it makes the choice even more stressful. But I do think it would be interesting to see what would happen if you could select your top 3 or something like that.

That is a great photo. I have also seen some cool art.
Also, Relaxalax posted this and I cannot be happier.

oo I really like the cat ones :3
thx for finding more. i actually didnt come across those at all.

Definitely possible. It's similar to one of the thoughts I had but I really would rather she come into the picture sooner rather than later. :p
Basically it comes down to new sections and she's the main character of them.

It could also just be a brand new scenario that we can play from the main menu, not having to do the original story. that's another thought i had.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the delay of Joker's announcement: Assuming new girl IS an alt; part of me still believes that ATLUS is insisting that Nintendo/Sakurai hold off the Smash direct just so they can reveal stuff first. Like people said; having one of their potential big surprises be revealed elsewhere might hurt their concert sales - which again falls back to my worry of ATLUS being stingy as heck with Persona content in Smash whether it be tracks, spirts, etc. Though people here have told me that ATLUS is actually lax with crossovers, the fact that this is Smash (and thus a far wider audience) makes me think ATLUS might be extra protective since Persona for the most part is still a rather niche franchise.

While I can understand the reason: For me it still feels akin to a guest being overly pushy towards its host to do things their way, even at the expense of the other guest who have been around longer while ATLUS is still new to Smash (unless you count them being part of Sega).

There's also the idea of a direct before Reggie steps down to give him a proper send-off, though that one may be more Nintendo-centric than Smash-centric.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman

This is interesting, but assuming she is jane, why does she have Arsene and fight exactly like Joker?

Also, at that point in the game, isn't the metaverse gone?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Regarding the delay of Joker's announcement: Assuming new girl IS an alt; part of me still believes that ATLUS is insisting that Nintendo/Sakurai hold off the Smash direct just so they can reveal stuff first. Like people said; having one of their potential big surprises be revealed elsewhere might hurt their concert sales - which again falls back to my worry of ATLUS being stingy as heck with Persona content in Smash whether it be tracks, spirts, etc. Though people here have told me that ATLUS is actually lax with crossovers, the fact that this is Smash (and thus a far wider audience) makes me think ATLUS might be extra protective since Persona for the most part is still a rather niche franchise.

While I can understand the reason: For me it still feels akin to a guest being overly pushy towards its host to do things their way, even at the expense of the other guest who have been around longer while ATLUS is still new to Smash (unless you count them being part of Sega).

There's also the idea of a direct before Reggie steps down to give him a proper send-off, though that one may be more Nintendo-centric than Smash-centric.
Why would that make them more pushy? If anything it would make them back off. If you're the small time newbie in a club full of big players, you don't walk in and boss everyone around. You suck up.

Being niche should make them want to get as much content in as possible to advertise.

That said, I do agree about Atlus making Nintendo wait. But I think that's perfectly reasonable in this scenario.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, LaxChris has recently claimed the Direct will be on the 11th.

Complete fabrication, lucky guess, or boy crying wolf? You decide!

Personally, I don't care until my medical appointment's out of the way.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Right... I guess they would also have to be written to ensure that is not a spoiler... Which would be harder...

The anime adaptation of Amagami already did something like this, but more in-depth with its story arcs, so it's not even an original idea!
Yeah, it's a pretty standard way to add a new character in as a self-insert without splitting the canon, so it is not super unique... It would avoid splitting the canon though, which was a complaint about P3P.

It could also just be a brand new scenario that we can play from the main menu, not having to do the original story. that's another thought i had.
Ooo, I like it! It would suck if it was restricted by beating the main game though... 100 hours again to access the new content wouldn't be amazing.

This is interesting, but assuming she is jane, why does she have Arsene and fight exactly like Joker?

Also, at that point in the game, isn't the metaverse gone?
That is a very good question! I guess because she also would have the spirit of rebellion in the same style as him?

Maybe Igor decides she is worthy to be Joker's successor while he is MIA?

And, yes. They would have to retcon and/or postphone that, but that will probably be happening regardless of what this woman is, given how there are months with gameplay potential there...

Meanwhile, LaxChris
Yeah, you don't need to finish that sentence. It's LaxChris...[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Really though, I'm starting to think the "Joker Direct reveal on 24th" announcement might just be a fan deadline. Odds are we won't even be accurate about that.

At least the killswitch is getting shorter once this week ends.

Hasn't his terrible track record been brought up yet?
Not very widespread, no, though they find his videos entertaining. Ani seems to know what's rotten in Denmark though.

If being burnt by his fake announcements is the only way to learn, then so be it.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Why would that make them more pushy? If anything it would make them back off. If you're the small time newbie in a club full of big players, you don't walk in and boss everyone around. You suck up.

Being niche should make them want to get as much content in as possible to advertise.

That said, I do agree about Atlus making Nintendo wait. But I think that's perfectly reasonable in this scenario.
Here's hoping that if ATLUS did indeed give unreasonable demands that Nintendo/Sakurai put their foot down. Like you said: They're actually doing ATLUS a favor by having Joker in Smash, since it's more exposure while the Persona 5 craze is still hot after it broke off to mainstream success.

I hope ATLUS has that mentality and there are a good number of Persona 5 songs (not going to bet on other Persona/SMT games), spirits, etc. I can understand not having anything spoilery (such as the alternate idea for Joker's Final Smash) to give newbies incentive to play the games themselves but everything else should still be fair game.

Part of me is hoping that they reveal something on Sunday but considering they made a big fuss about there being something on April 24, it seems unlikely UNLESS this Jane alt is all a red herring (which sadly might also mean she may not be a playable FeMC and is just another Marie...ugh -_-)

It's LaxChris.
Is there something about them I need to know about and why their claims should be mostly discredited?

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I still maintain this is all a misdirect and 'Jane' is just gonna start from the beginning as normal, the conversation with Akechi being taken from later in the game when she's talking at the TV station.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's hoping that if ATLUS did indeed give unreasonable demands that Nintendo/Sakurai put their foot down. Like you said: They're actually doing ATLUS a favor by having Joker in Smash, since it's more exposure while the Persona 5 craze is still hot after it broke off to mainstream success.

I hope ATLUS has that mentality and there are a good number of Persona 5 songs (not going to bet on other Persona/SMT games), spirits, etc. I can understand not having anything spoilery (such as the alternate idea for Joker's Final Smash) to give newbies incentive to play the games themselves but everything else should still be fair game.

Part of me is hoping that they reveal something on Sunday but considering they made a big fuss about there being something on April 24, it seems unlikely UNLESS this Jane alt is all a red herring (which sadly might also mean she may not be a playable FeMC and is just another Marie...ugh -_-)

Is there something about them I need to know about and why their claims should be mostly discredited?
You should assume that businesses do put their foot down. they have to. It's about partnership too though. They're doing what they can so that it's beneficial to both of them.
It's rarely about favors. It's a working relationship. Contracts and money are involved.

As for people like laxchris, you could say they're discredited to some degree, but people should presume what they or any supposed leaker say to be guesses or fake first, and then look at if there's evidence or that they have a good track record. Lax Chris listens to and puts attention on many many random leaks including many that have been fake or can easily be shown fake. There's no reason to believe what he hears.

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Actually, a thought occurs to me. I bet the voice over in the video isn't even the new FeMC. Think about it: Xander has maybe......what, 8 different lines throughout the ENTIRE game? That trailer probably had more vocal lines than Xander did his for the story. Even in cutscenes he's silent, and a FeMC would likely mirror this due to the nature of the game.

My guess is it's a new character entirely doing the VA, one that replaces one of the confidants from Joker's path.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Actually, a thought occurs to me. I bet the voice over in the video isn't even the new FeMC. Think about it: Xander has maybe......what, 8 different lines throughout the ENTIRE game? That trailer probably had more vocal lines than Xander did his for the story. Even in cutscenes he's silent, and a FeMC would likely mirror this due to the nature of the game.

My guess is it's a new character entirely doing the VA, one that replaces one of the confidants from Joker's path.
Could just be a thing to showcase her voice and character for this trailer. Otherwise it would of just been us staring at a girl in a crowd with no other tidbits.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I'm not sure I understand. If youre saying that it's another character's voice, then i dont see why they would do that, it'd just confuse people.

Also, usually it's the va that does the character :p

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Really though, I'm starting to think the "Joker Direct reveal on 24th" announcement might just be a fan deadline. Odds are we won't even be accurate about that.
Which 24th? Today?

If you mean April 24th, I don't think anyone expects it to be the reveal of Joker in Smash? It's just the day that the Persona concert it where they will give more information on Persona 5 The Royal. If they want to include Ponytail girl, then they probably will wait until after the concert to reveal Joker.

Ren spoke in trailers. I don't think this is much evidence for anything...

KatKit

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does Jane look like a combination of P3 FeMC and Pyrrha Nikos?

And hooooly crap... Imagine if THIS turned out to be the datamined costume all along:

I know it'd never happen, but it'd be glorious.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If you mean April 24th, I don't think anyone expects it to be the reveal of Joker in Smash? It's just the day that the Persona concert it where they will give more information on Persona 5 The Royal. If they want to include Ponytail girl, then they probably will wait until after the concert to reveal Joker.
Aeon certainly does.

And thanks to LaxChris' dubious reputation, now it's impossible for almost anyone in this thread to consider that it'll happen sooner than that.

And hooooly crap... Imagine if THIS turned out to be the datamined costume all along:

Low-key thinking that it may very well be the case before you brought it up. I can't imagine how ashamed people would be afterwards.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Jane is a separate character, perhaps she will be the CN to Joker's CG and Akechi's (Arguably)CE.

C-G

Smash Journeyman

PLOT TWIST: This is who replaces Caroline and Justine in the Velvet Room during the FeMC campaign

Teeb147

Smash Legend

We've talked about that possibility when we first heard of jane :p
I definitely think it could be possible. It'd be fun and funny too :)

It can make sense that Jane would be the 7th costume because she's not actually a joker alt, she's her own character that could be like joker, just like alph for olimar.

But what if she's not the last 4 costumes but only 2? I think that could be possible, to then get 2 more special costumes, and one could be officer joker :D
Just an idea.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We've talked about that possibility when we first heard of jane :p
I definitely think it could be possible. It'd be fun and funny too :)

It can make sense that Jane would be the 7th costume because she's not actually a joker alt, she's her own character that could be like joker, just like alph for olimar.

But what if she's not the last 4 costumes but only 2? I think that could be possible, to then get 2 more special costumes, and one could be officer joker :D
Just an idea.
I do think the Alph theory makes sense for Jane. Though, if they were going to give the male Joker a second cloths set for Smash, it would be his school uniform. It's less fun, but it makes much more sense when you are trying to represent Persona 5.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I do think the Alph theory makes sense for Jane. Though, if they were going to give the male Joker a second cloths set for Smash, it would be his school uniform. It's less fun, but it makes much more sense when you are trying to represent Persona 5.
I think it's still possible we coud have the school uniform + another speciall one for him. Maybe jane will get the school uniform too.
Depends how far they wanna go with the costumes XD

Top Bottom