• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I gess I should, but I just figured I would post it hear because of Persona. Nothing really happened that was not VR.
oh right, persona still mostly just about playstation :p
wait so it's already over? guess ill just check all that later. I am curious about vr stuff too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meh, I didn't expect anything and it was still ho-hum. To add insult to injury, we still know jack-all about whether Crash Team Racing got more new stuff in store (besides PSX models mode).

Barely over 15 minutes of announcements and updates, really...Not even a "one more thing" tease at the end.

Also, the way the announcements were lined up was basically an interface spoiler, since you could tell what the exact amount of general announcements would be.

Finally, I was sure there wasn't remotely anyone charismatic enough at Sony to host this, there's just a voice-over.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Meh, I didn't expect anything and it was still ho-hum. To add insult to injury, we still know jack-all about whether Crash Team Racing got more new stuff in store (besides PSX models mode).

Barely over 15 minutes of announcements and updates, really...Not even a "one more thing" tease at the end.

Also, the way the announcements were lined up was basically an interface spoiler, since you could tell what the exact amount of general announcements would be.

Finally, I was sure there wasn't remotely anyone charismatic enough at Sony to host this, there's just a voice-over.
The only thing I found notable was the Five Nights at Freddy's thing. I won't lie, kinda have a soft spot for it. That and I like to watch people in torment, be it through scares or trying to figure out the lore. You know, the usual.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am half joking of course, but I do find something funny about trying to piece a big mystery together only for more pieces to be put on the table. That is pretty much Fnaf incarnate.
i know ;) I don't like horror games, maybe except for resident evil and silent hill, and it's rare i like watching people play them too. But i can think of other stuff i can find funny for people's reactions or frustration at a game. I get that people can find them entertaining tho.

I generally prefer to see people have fun :p
Some mystery games are so cool tho.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mentioned this in the Shantae thread, but what if Jane gets the Jester arcana? I just have the feeling that Jane would not be the Aeon.
That doesn't mean she will be evil though, as I imagine there are several ways you can take the nature of the Jester. Plus, if Jane has similar abilities to Joker and is possibly another foil to him, it would make even more sense for her to be the Jester! Adachi was a foil to Yu while also having his own version of Izanagi after all.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mentioned this in the Shantae thread, but what if Jane gets the Jester arcana? I just have the feeling that Jane would not be the Aeon.
That doesn't mean she will be evil though, as I imagine there are several ways you can take the nature of the Jester. Plus, if Jane has similar abilities to Joker and is possibly another foil to him, it would make even more sense for her to be the Jester! Adachi was a foil to Yu while also having his own version of Izanagi after all.
And what I thought could go along with that is that she says people should learn to help themselves, which leans a tad towards less of a friendly 'gets along with everyone' kinda thing, which goes along jester rather than fool, from what i saw. That said, I still think she'll be good, just different.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So I'm kind of behind on the Persona news but it seems like this new girl isn't a female Joker after all?

In that case if the datamine is true then that means were getting 2 Persona characters for the price of one. That seems like a good deal all things considered.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So I'm kind of behind on the Persona news but it seems like this new girl isn't a female Joker after all?

In that case if the datamine is true then that means were getting 2 Persona characters for the price of one. That seems like a good deal all things considered.
Well, somewhat. In the context of Smash brothers, character personalities or canon abilities don't determine much when you end up as an alt. :ultalph:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Well, somewhat. In the context of Smash brothers, character personalities or canon abilities don't determine much when you end up as an alt. :ultalph:
Yes but people will grow attached to her as a character anyway, so it'll be like having 2 characters in a sense (almost like echos still count quite a bit for people who like those characters.)

The only thing is we probably wont get to play p5r for a while. Unless they drop a release date that isn't far. :O

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
There sure is a lot of VR in this Dir-State of Play. I meant State of Play.
Yeah, no kidding. That entire Directate of Play felt like the reveal of Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival - "Hey, it's the IP I know... oh, it's for PSVR..."

Ooo! Yeah, that would be awesome!!! I like the theory.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yes but people will grow attached to her as a character anyway, so it'll be like having 2 characters in a sense (almost like echos still count quite a bit for people who like those characters.)

The only thing is we probably wont get to play p5r for a while. Unless they drop a release date that isn't far. :O
So she can possibly end up being like Corrin and Roy where people who play Smash like her but people who play Persona might find her boring or annoying.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So she can possibly end up being like Corrin and Roy where people who play Smash like her but people who play Persona might find her boring or annoying.
She'll only be a alt (a costume), so i doubt anyone will find her annoying. And peole are more used to echo characters now.
Fire emblem just has too many clones. (Lucina, Roy, Chrom), not to mention more sword characters.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
She'll only be a alt (a costume), so i doubt anyone will find her annoying. And peole are more used to echo characters now.
Fire emblem just has too many clones. (Lucina, Roy, Chrom), not to mention more sword characters.
On one hand, you'll have Persona fans complaining why she wasn't simply made into an echo especially if she's not a FeMC (along with the question on why they wasted alt slots on an NPC). On the other hand, you will have Smash fans getting pissed as they would feel that Joker only got it so that ATLUS can show off its new FeMC/NPC in a game unrelated to it, and that's also not factoring the idea of ATLUS insisting Nintendo hold off the Smash direct just so they can show something first...

Then there will be the die-hard Persona fans who will whine that Joker's alt/echo wasn't Crow, a previous Persona/SMT protag, the other Phantom Thieves, etc. etc. lol.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was actually more Reffering to people finding her annoying in Persona but because there are people who don't play Persona but they do play Smash people wouldn't know much about her and like her character in smash.

I've seen that happen a lot with Roy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
On one hand, you'll have Persona fans complaining why she wasn't simply made into an echo especially if she's not a FeMC (along with the question on why they wasted alt slots on an NPC). On the other hand, you will have Smash fans getting pissed as they would feel that Joker only got it so that ATLUS can show off its new FeMC/NPC in a game unrelated to it, and that's also not factoring the idea of ATLUS insisting Nintendo hold off the Smash direct just so they can show something first...

Then there will be the die-hard Persona fans who will whine that Joker's alt/echo wasn't Crow, a previous Persona/SMT protag, the other Phantom Thieves, etc. etc. lol.
You focus wayy too much on people potentially complaining and all that. Who cares? why do you care?

We know that we're most likely not getting any echos for dlc at all. 5 fighter dlc packs is as good as it'll get. And assuming that joker will use knives as well as maybe cameos from p5 characters like other team mates (like in a final smash or in the stage), etc, there's enough reasons that older protags wouldn't be the alt. We'll have to see what the deal is first.

Persona is a cool series, and it's getting into smash. :) nothing wrong with that.
Nintendo has plenty of opportunities to release smash info besides p5r content, including the next dlc character. They obviously dont put as much into making us wait than we do. (I do think they could've done a better job with tidbits of info after december)

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm still leaning towards a p3 femc situation cause of her design and the smash datamine, but I can see it going either way.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Let's be honest, as cool as Jane is, instead of a parallel universe FeMC (akin to P3), a literal female Joker alternate costume (and route in P5R) would be cool. Personally, I prefer this (fanart?) version over Jane.

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Let's be honest, as cool as Jane is, instead of a parallel universe FeMC (akin to P3), a literal female Joker alternate costume (and route in P5R) would be cool. Personally, I prefer this (fanart?) version over Jane.

Honestly, I'm more of a fan of the femc looking entirely different, otherwise I'd just be reminded of the male protagonist the whole time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'm more of a fan of the femc looking entirely different, otherwise I'd just be reminded of the male protagonist the whole time.
And we already have plenty of regular swaps thanks to FE in ultimate, like robin, corrin, and even lucina kinda reminds of marth.

I think she'll be a fine addition :)
Tho like I've talked about before, I wouldnt mind crossdressing joker in there too. XD

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is adorable.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
She already kinda feels natural being apart of the Persona 5 cast. That's pretty impressive from a design standpoint.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This is adorable.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
She already kinda feels natural being apart of the Persona 5 cast. That's pretty impressive from a design standpoint.
I was actually waiting for someone to post to share that one, but it got in anyway so tthat's good XD

I think lots of people in the thread should like it :)

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I am wondering about the group dynamic. It feels super estrogen heavy with a FeMC. Not counting Morgana, that's only two dudes. I'm thinking there might be an option to make a certain someone a more permanent party member as a result.

..........actually come to think of it, FeMC really has very little in the way of options for dates for the original confidant list. All the non-phantom thief male confidants are well outside dating range for a teen, so there's only, like, 4 options. It's pretty much just Party Members and Mishima. I kinda expect this to change as well.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am wondering about the group dynamic. It feels super estrogen heavy with a FeMC. Not counting Morgana, that's only two dudes. I'm thinking there might be an option to make a certain someone a more permanent party member as a result.

..........actually come to think of it, FeMC really has very little in the way of options for dates for the original confidant list. All the non-phantom thief male confidants are well outside dating range for a teen, so there's only, like, 4 options. It's pretty much just Party Members and Mishima. I kinda expect this to change as well.
Of course, if they'd take the FeMC route they'll add more confidant options. They had to add a few things to P3 too with the FeMC. (not that i know the details)
And since futaba doesn't really count as a party member that fights, it's the same number of each at least in battle since morgana's male.

but youre right that they could add a party member too. We still dont know if she'd replace joker tho.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman

I won't speak to them adding a new party member, but if she is a female protagonist, they'd almost definitely add more Confidants and/or change some of them! In Persona 3 Portable, playing as the female protagonist added the ability to do Social Links with all of the male party members - something the male protagonist, oddly, cannot do - and it also changes some of the other Social Links to new characters. So I imagine similar changes would take place if P5 were to get a female protagonist.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Contraversial opinion

I don't want them to do a female MC. It just doesn't feel right. I'd much rather see more improvement and content in Joker's story. I didn't care about Female MC in P3 either.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
well we don't know if she's actually a female main character yet it's just kinda based off of an assumption, she may be like margaret from persona 4 and be her own character

osby

Smash Obsessed
Please god, not another Marie... I don't need another "canon" love interest.
She's not canon love interest, though, she's just canonically into you. Not much different than Rise or Aegis.

Also, regardless of your feelings about her, Marie's sole purpose wasn't being a romantic interest. "Another Marie" doesn't mean anything beside "important NPC added in remake". It's an idea that can be executed well or not. I, personally, rather liked her.

Continously moaning about her doesn't add anything to conversation and is frankly annoying.

amageish

Smash Master
I have to say, I am not looking forward to a month of interpretations and reinterpretations of the same teaser trailer as people debate whether or not she's a FeMC, a party member, a NPC, or some hybrid... I really wish we had definite confirmation on what she was, so at least we had a direction to speculate in...

She just looks so much like a self-insert to me. Her uniform is standard-issue with no changes to reflect a personality... She has a bow in her hair, but that isn't super unique... If she is a party member or a NPC, then I predict her story arc will have something to do with blending into the crowd, as she doesn't seem to be trying to rebel or stand out like everyone else does...

I also wish we had an official translation of the trailer as the fansubs have been inconsistent with what she's saying. Sometimes it sounds like she is declaring that she personally intends to take action to improve society in a way that the Phantom Thieves do not, while other times it sounds like she believes that people can take care of themselves when in trouble and she doesn't feel a need to do anything.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Another thought I had for her is a once in a while side-story (being the main character of the side arc) , in example like after a dungeon is cleared, we'd be able to play as her for a short arc that builds her up, maybe not just about her but also people who aren't fully for the phantom thieves, but she'd also have her own principles and she'd maybe be kind of a loner or something, and discover the meta-verse on her own. Then finally some twist would happen where she ends up facing the phantom thieves and maybe in the end either joins them or replaces joker while captive, or maybe even permanently in an alternate timeline that you can choose.

And it'd still be possible for her to be an antagonist too, even maybe a side story (menu option?) where..
she teams up with akechi and you use both, or more, while exploring his or their side of the story, until there's a falling out after she realizes how he really is. At which point she could end up anywhere after that :p

Really anything's possible :)

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
If she does end up being a protagoninst and is Joker's alt in Smash: I can already see the fanworks about all of this. I mean I'm still not used to seeing Joker being featured in Smash fanfics/fanarts interacting with the other characters XD.

Top Bottom