• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Royal Flush (in poker): a straight flush including ace, king, queen, jack, and ten all in the same suit, which is the hand of the highest possible value when wild cards are not in use.

Who's the ace and ten in this case?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know how much Makoto counts in this situation, especially since we are starting to delve into some different motif's.
What do you mean? I dont see them calling someone else the queen when that's literally already makoto's nick.

Royal Flush (in poker): a straight flush including ace, king, queen, jack, and ten all in the same suit, which is the hand of the highest possible value when wild cards are not in use.

Maybe jane's the ace. Or maybe it has nothing to do with royal flushes :p

I do think it could be notable that they called joker 'jack'. If they knew some of 'the royal' story before programming, that could've been what led to them calling him jack. But what if it isn't and it's just a codename (and maybe inspired by jack frost). Then joker is just joker :p

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Stuff like this makes me wonder if there is going to be playing card themed rival group formed in P5R. I doubt it, as that would be a ton of new characters, but it's interesting to think about.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Stuff like this makes me wonder if there is going to be playing card themed rival group formed in P5R. I doubt it, as that would be a ton of new characters, but it's interesting to think about.
To me it could make sense as playing cards because we already have joker and queen. If we dont use them then i dont think it has to do with cards.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Meh. Knowing Video Game Naming Conventions, this is probably just something that ties in very loosely or to a theme that no one will notice unless they look for it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But why just them?
Because of their meta names? :p
It really depends on the story they want to add, i guess.

Meh. Knowing Video Game Naming Conventions, this is probably just something that ties in very loosely or to a theme that no one will notice unless they look for it.
I'm thinking it could be a bit like that too.
the 'golden' term for the other persona game has to do with golden week, apparently, but there's themes tied to that. I dont know how much they tie to it in the game, but im guessing it could be a theme in the story and referencing that or 'royal' is just to put it together, not an overly strong connection. Still just guessing tho..

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ming_to_nintendo_switch_in_the_month_of_april

Even if nothing happens next month, that's a solid lineup in perspective.
Yeh there's some pretty good ones in there.

Did Fes or Golden refer to anything major in p3 or p4?
I'd like to know that too. I haven't played it and so far i only saw this from someone talking about it:

"
Golden wasnt even referring to the colour scheme. It was refering to Japan's Golden Week.
[...]
Fes was a celebration of the decisions and abilites for the chars to move on, and etc. Cant say more without spoilers.
Golden was a celebration of individuals ability to accept themselves.
"

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Did Fes or Golden refer to anything major in p3 or p4?
I'd like to know that too. I haven't played it and so far i only saw this from someone talking about it:

"
Golden wasnt even referring to the colour scheme. It was refering to Japan's Golden Week.
[...]
Fes was a celebration of the decisions and abilites for the chars to move on, and etc. Cant say more without spoilers.
Golden was a celebration of individuals ability to accept themselves.
"
The "FES" in Persona 3 FES means "festival" (like Sega FES!), and there isn't really anything that would make Persona 3 itself relate to a festival - however, an interview with the game's director revealed that the idea behind it was for the game to be like a festival for the fans.

Persona 4 Golden was presumably "Golden" because the game's main color is yellow, like 3's blue and 5's red - that's why people used to guess that an enhanced version of 5 might be called Persona 5 Crimson. It also makes sense that they'd go with "golden", since gold is often the color used for being the best. The obvious example is a medal - gold means you're #1! So it's an easy way to say it's the best version of P4.

The most obvious one is Persona 3 Portable. It's called that because it's portable. :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The "FES" in Persona 3 FES means "festival" (like Sega FES!), and there isn't really anything that would make Persona 3 itself relate to a festival - however, an interview with the game's director revealed that the idea behind it was for the game to be like a festival for the fans.

Persona 4 Golden was presumably "Golden" because the game's main color is yellow, like 3's blue and 5's red - that's why people used to guess that an enhanced version of 5 might be called Persona 5 Crimson. It also makes sense that they'd go with "golden", since gold is often the color used for being the best. The obvious example is a medal - gold means you're #1! So it's an easy way to say it's the best version of P4.

The most obvious one is Persona 3 Portable. It's called that because it's portable. :p
I saw some others talking about the color, but that's why i put the quote i did about it not being just about colors. I saw quite a few people talk about it actually being about golden week, but they didn't really explain, so maybe it's just an idea floating around.

With that logic tho, 'the royal' could just be the red color being like the red carpet of royalty. And then we can't say much about the game itself :p

Here is some art I found.
What do you guys think Jane's Persona will be?
sorry, I have no clue XD
obviously a version of arsene if femc. Maybe an empress arcana? but then again she isn't about ruling, so.. maybe hermit, strength, or temperence?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Golden is a very cute pun because it ties to both Golden Week and Golden Hour (prime time in Japan). It doesn't mean anything important, though.

It's probably same with P5. There might be a royalty/gamble motif but no huge plot point hidden in the title.

D

Deleted member

The royal flush theory is particularly interesting, but I personally don't believe it. This user uses a seemingly important original scene in the anime as evidence.

If you somehow can't read the tweet thread.
- A friend just made me realize what "The Royal" means in the new Persona 5 game and I'm stunned

-Protag is "Joker", Akechi would be "King", New FeMC would be "Queen" Poker reference or something like that

-THIS IS WHY AKECHI GAVE REN A KING CHESS PIECE IN THE ANIMATION? THAT'S THE TWIST THEY PROMISED FOR THE ANIME, THAT LITTLE DETAIL? TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE THE ROYAL AFTER THE TRANSMISSION? WAIT AM I BEING A SLOWPOKE HERE? DID EVERYONE NOTICE THIS EXCEPT ME

- What if The Royal happens if Joker would've agreed with Yaldabaoth to leave the world as it was, would Akechi be alive as if nothing happened? The Phantom Thieves would still be working togheter, now with a distorted leader, this would make space for this last chess piece "Queen"

-Yaldabaoth had already placed a "King" and a "Joker" into his game, he'd now have the possibility to add the "Queen" and complete the Royal Flush. Oh. My. God.
It sounds all interesting if this is the case, but I rather not have a game take place in an alternate reality where Joker sides with Yaldabaoth. To me, it feels like it would devalue the good/true ending to the game because The Royal might not even happen unless you go for the second bad ending. I also feel like it would devalue future playthroughs of P5 and Joker as a character if this game happens because he sided with Yaldabaoth.

But that is how I feel personally.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Golden is a very cute pun because it ties to both Golden Week and Golden Hour (prime time in Japan). It doesn't mean anything important, though.

It's probably same with P5. There might be a royalty/gamble motif but no huge plot point hidden in the title.
I never really thought about it anyway. It's no less fancier a subtitle than say Yakuza Kiwami, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Super Robot Wars T or what have you.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, what do you guys think the community's general opinion on Jane is? From the amount of art we have seen, I would assume it's at least partially positive.

Also, here's more of said art.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Edit: I added in more art and put it in a spoiler.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, what do you guys think the community's general opinion on Jane is? From the amount of art we have seen, I would assume it's at least partially positive.

Also, here's more of said art.
Edit: I added in more art and put it in a spoiler.
I think the general opinion is 'who is she?' I want to know! Intrigued by her and what she could have to bring to persona :)
n then there's a bunch of speculation that we cant really be sure about any of it,

I've seen several people mention the conversation with akechi where ren could lie about what he thought of the phantom thieves, and it opens up the door to her being a femc. Even though I'm not leaning towards that, it'll be really cool if she is. Atlus did a good job creating a mystery around her.

n kudos on finding another masked jane. ;p

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I think the general opinion is 'who is she?' I want to know! Intrigued by her and what she could have to bring to persona :)
n then there's a bunch of speculation that we cant really be sure about any of it,

I've seen several people mention the conversation with akechi where ren could lie about what he thought of the phantom thieves, and it opens up the door to her being a femc. Even though I'm not leaning towards that, it'll be really cool if she is. Atlus did a good job creating a mystery around her.

Your new avatar's so adorable!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Makes sense. The mystery element is attractive in many ways. I do think that she will be playable at some point in P5R, just not as a selectable FeMC. The Alph theory really changed my perspective on things.
I know right ;p

here's another art piece:

or two
I really like that first art piece.
Edit: I also like your new icon.

I just have to say, for some reason my brain has been headcanoning that Jane is a grown up Ib(Or Eve in Japan) from Ib. I have no idea why, it just happened.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, we won't be getting a Jane amiibo because she just an alt. That's kinda a bummer to think about.

amageish

Smash Master
It sounds all interesting if this is the case, but I rather not have a game take place in an alternate reality where Joker sides with Yaldabaoth. To me, it feels like it would devalue the good/true ending to the game because The Royal might not even happen unless you go for the second bad ending. I also feel like it would devalue future playthroughs of P5 and Joker as a character if this game happens because he sided with Yaldabaoth.

But that is how I feel personally.
Don't worry, the last time they tried to make a game that takes place after a bad ending of a previous game was loved by everybody! Right?

Also, new Persona Q2 trailer everyone!

The game looks... well, like Persona Q, but with P5's UI.

D

Deleted member

Could we see Switch ports of the past Persona games (from 1 to 4) getting shown tomorrow at the SEGA thing?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Some real good art of P5 gal.

amageish

Smash Master
That's alright with me! P5's UI is the best.
I didn't mean it as a bad thing haha! Japanese players also report that the grinding is less grindy, so that's great. It's just sad that there is no Buzzfeed quiz dungeon this time...

Huh, I must be misremembering things then.
DLC got amiibos for alternates, but the base game didn't. Joker is DLC tho!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think that's why I thought getting an alt was not going to happen. My mind went to the base game characters first because Amiibo were new around then.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I didn't mean it as a bad thing haha! Japanese players also report that the grinding is less grindy, so that's great. It's just sad that there is no Buzzfeed quiz dungeon this time...

That means the Koopalings are still going to be left with nothing, cripes.

D

Deleted member

I think that's why I thought getting an alt was not going to happen. My mind went to the base game characters first because Amiibo were new around then.
Kinda off-topic, but if we do get amiibos of the alts of each DLC fighter, and Eight is Erdrick's alt or viceversa...

I'll be happy as hell, to say it in some form.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
i don't really like the design of jane personally, her cutsie look doesn't really fit the darker tones of persona 5/the phantom thieves

Top Bottom