• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright I just wanted to make sure about the schedule. Looks like it'll actually be late in the morning in like 15 hours before the persona stuff is shown. Guess that means staying up late to catch it for some of us :p
http://segafes.sega.jp/stage/index.html

16:30-18:30
セガフェス情報局
『イドラ ファンタシースターサーガ』『PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2019開催直前情報』

It's only 1am in japan right now.

D

Deleted member

Alright I just wanted to make sure about the schedule. Looks like it'll actually be late in the morning in like 15 hours before the persona stuff is shown. Guess that means staying up late to catch it for some of us :p
http://segafes.sega.jp/stage/index.html

16:30-18:30
セガフェス情報局
『イドラ ファンタシースターサーガ』『PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2019開催直前情報』

It's only 1am in japan right now.
Hopefully we see some interesting stuff.
Maybe ports of Persona 1-4 on Switch and 5R being released on it too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sora could be cool in Smash, yeah.
This question was just a thought I had since I started playing the games on KH:The Story So Far yesterday.

For some reason Persona came to my head while playing it.
It's probably because both KH and Persona deal with psychology and has a lot of themes about multiple parts of psyche and how they affect each other.

D

Deleted member

It's probably because both KH and Persona deal with psychology and has a lot of themes about multiple parts of psyche and how they affect each other.
That’s probably why, yeah.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's over the course of 2 days in japan. They started yesterday (for us)
It just turned to the 31st in japan now, so it should be the last day where the persona info and mini concert will be. I'm not sure if i have the schedule right, but it looks like the stream will be in around 12 hours from now, but persona is at the end which looks to be 4 hours later than that.

If someone wants to see what kind of persona stuff and art they have around at the fes, you can check this out:
https://personacentral.com/sega-fes-2019-great-atlus-exhibition-image-gallery/
>Maken X is listed among the classic games
There's a game name I haven't seen mentioned in a while.

That being said, P5 stuff won't happen until near the end of Fes, if I'm reading this correctly:
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/sega-fes-2019-stage-schedule-announced

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I know I haven't posted here yet, but I just wanted to share this with you guys.
Think it mean something in particular or not?

Also, hi there.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright, I know I haven't posted here yet, but I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Also, hi there.
Huh, I just got that ad on a YouTube vid last night, and I didn't notice that.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman

Also, hi there.
That is pretty odd, considering that the most recent posting of the trailer I can find is on Nintendo of Europe's Twitter, where, just a few days ago, they still say April. Nintendo IS streaming some kind of Smash tournament right now, and considering how the new Mario and Sonic game was announced at Sega FES, I'm pretty sure they'd have to be involved at least a little bit to approve that announcement.

Weird! I guess we'll have to wait and see! There are certainly a lot of events going right now where gameplay could be shown off... :)

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I think it's just because we're 2 days away from april? Sometimes they update things.
I mean, delays are possible, but usually nintendo sticks to their schedule.
Devil's Advocate here:

The thing is though, that if it were delayed, they would use 'Approaching Soon' for a vague statement or 'Approaching (whichever month)' if they had a date in mind.

Just "Approaching....." implies a sense of immediate arrival. The language and timing point to imminent gameplay, or alternatively, imminent release if you're really hopeful

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It could be meaningless but I'm hoping it means an imminent drop! Sega's big announcement thing and the Smash tourney are both happening this weekend, right? Hmm.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Maybe it could also be hinting at an announcement or something, I guess?
Splatoon 2 got some stuff announced, and the tournament going on at PAX right now is for Splatoon 2 AND Smash, so it's possible.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Devil's Advocate here:

The thing is though, that if it were delayed, they would use 'Approaching Soon' for a vague statement or 'Approaching (whichever month)' if they had a date in mind.

Just "Approaching....." implies a sense of immediate arrival. The language and timing point to imminent gameplay, or alternatively, imminent release if you're really hopeful
Wouldn't they wait until April for that? Not 2 days before?
I suppose im just taking the middle ground because it could also mean approaching really soon, or it could be for later. I really am not sure, I just know that nintendo rarely pushes back things so maybe they're just removing 'april' a few days early. I think that can happen pretty easily.

The real devil's advocate is to say that they learned it was going to be delayed and decided to remove the april part before any announcement, just to keep honest. Which would suck, but if they were going to release at the end of april then it might just be a week of delay. i think that's possible too, i just dont lean towards that :p

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everyone theorized that Joker would be released in late april, only for Nintendo & Atlus to reveal Joker just after the PAX Smash Bros tournament is over.

Big brain right here if true.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Evryone theorized that Joker would be released in late april, only for Nintendo & Atlus to reveal Joker just after the PAX Smash Bros tournament is over.

Well, piranha plant was released a little early. So i do think it's possible they could do that again. Like after Sega Fes finishes.
But that would go against the info dump on the 24th of april, so im not counting on it :p

Worth keeping a lookout tho :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We'll have to see how things end up going.
Maybe a Smash or General Direct date?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Everyone theorized that Joker would be released in late april, only for Nintendo & Atlus to reveal Joker just after the PAX Smash Bros tournament is over.

And they release him on the 1st of April, saying that they wanted to convince everyone he was coming later in the month, so that they could surprise all the fans by releasing him way sooner than expected, sort of as an April Fools joke. ;p

Yeah, anyway, as I said before, I think it could just be an announcement, maybe his exact release date, perhaps. Or hopefully some gameplay? I dunno.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And they release him on the 1st of April, saying that they wanted to convince everyone he was coming later in the month, so that they could surprise all the fans by releasing him way sooner than expected, sort of as an April Fools joke. ;p

Yeah, anyway, as I said before, I think it could just be an announcement, maybe his exact release date, perhaps. Or hopefully some gameplay? I dunno.
From what I learned from Altus, it's probably be going to be a announcement of a announcement.

So yeah, let's just wait and see. :p

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Suddenly, the April 1 theory doesn't sound so crazy. Granted, it's the start of the fiscal year over there, so...

Well, piranha plant was released a little early. So i do think it's possible they could do that again. Like after Sega Fes finishes.
But that would go against the info dump on the 24th of april, so im not counting on it :p

Worth keeping a lookout tho :)
Details on Persona 5: The Royal, not Smash.

D

Deleted member

Maybe they reveal something and it isn't related to Smash at all, from what we know so far.

Hopefully whatever happens will be good enough.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Suddenly, the April 1 theory doesn't sound so crazy. Granted, it's the start of the fiscal year over there, so...

Details on Persona 5: The Royal, not Smash.
All we need is some details on joker in smash really. But that was just an idea, i still dont expect it, and we still need to hear about 3.0 as they said we would in the last direct. It would be cool if they had a ton of info at pax, but i really think it'll be worldwide info, so probably in a direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All we need is some details on joker in smash really. But that was just an idea, i still dont expect it, and we still need to hear about 3.0 as they said we would in the last direct. It would be cool if they had a ton of info at pax, but i really think it'll be worldwide info, so probably in a direct.
A direct's the plan, yes. The biggest sign that one would come if is Jon Cartwright posts his famous otters, and I haven't seen that happen yet (yeah, the post he had in September was miles away from the Direct airing, but that was due to unfortunate circumstances occurring). In the meantime, he did spot a Gamexplain member in the panel of commenters for PAX Arena, though that likely doesn't mean much.

Also, if a Direct were to happen on the first, wouldn't we get a warning a couple days in advance?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A direct's the plan, yes. The biggest sign that one would come if is Jon Cartwright posts his famous otters, and I haven't seen that happen yet (yeah, the post he had in September was miles away from the Direct airing, but that was due to unfortunate circumstances occurring). In the meantime, he did spot a Gamexplain member in the panel of commenters for PAX Arena, though that likely doesn't mean much.

Also, if a Direct were to happen on the first, wouldn't we get a warning a couple days in advance?
Dont forget there's almost always a direct 2-3 weeks after the nindies. So there's that. could be one soon in april

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No, I was thinking more of an announcement, for an announcement, which announces an announcement, for the announcement, of an announcement, tha-

Yeah, I think you get it.
Which is what I hope isn't the case, basically. Seriously, I wouldn't be shocked if the 24th reveal for The Royal just turns out to be yet another announcement.

What I prefer is a bunch of Smash ads happening several times in quick succession, like at the VGAs.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So polarpanda says the approaching thing is old news. Apparently it was changed a couple of weeks ago.
It wasnt talked about anywhere before the last 24 hours, so i sorta doubt that.
Ive only seen people talk about seeing it in the nintendo live stream.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I've been doing my research on what would make a good moveset for Joker, and I may or may not have been all that faithful to the character. I dunno. Here it is:

Unique Mechanic: Persona Break: Joker calls upon Arsene for a few of his attacks, however, there is a catch: Arsene is as big as Ridley, and if hit will interrupt the attack. If Arsene is hit three times, Arsene will be temporarily broken, making him inaccessible and cutting off his Down B. As a consequence, Joker’s attacks that normally use Arsene won’t be as strong.

Jab: Joker swipes twice with his knife, then stabs forward if tapped once. By rapid-jabbing, Joker will start unloading his pistol in the direction he’s facing before firing one final shot that performs the knockback. The pistol has some good range, and is the only rapid-jab to be a projectile.

F-Tilt: Joker strikes the opponent with the hilt of his knife. This causes some fairly good hitstun.

U-Tilt: Joker flip-kicks over himself. This is a good juggle tool and has some good range, similar to Ridley’s U-tilt.

D-Tilt: Joker stabs in front of himself with his knife. This has some decent range and is good for dealing damage.

Dash Attack: Joker does a sideways slash with his knife. The move comes out fast and has some pretty decent knockback.

N-air: Joker slashes in front of himself and behind himself, first downwards, second upwards. The move deals some decent damage and is safe on shield, but it doesn’t have much range.

F-air: Joker performs a dropkick. The move is pretty good in terms of damage and does amazing shield damage, but it’s reach isn’t as good as one would hope and it is easily punishable.

D-air: Joker swipes his knife in an arc underneath him. This doesn’t do much damage by itself, but at the apex of the arc, it has a sweet spot that creates a meteor smash.

B-air: Joker pistol whips behind himself. The move does more damage than the knife, and comes out quicker, but it’s range is less than optimal and it’s easy to interrupt before it comes out.

U-air: Joker fires above himself. This can be spammed, fast to come out, but the end lag gets worse the more shots you fire above him. The range is absolutely amazing, rivaling that of Snake’s Up Smash at full charge.

Pummel: Joker summons Arsene to grab the opponent with chains. This is a great tether move and has some great range. If Persona Break is in effect, Joker will only do the normal grab. Once the opponent is grabbed, Joker will hit the opponent in the temple with the hilt of his knife.

F-throw: Joker slashes the opponent with his knife three times before firing a single shot at the opponent’s face with the gun. Based on his critical hit animation from Persona 5.

D-throw: Joker places the opponent on the ground and unloads 8 rounds on the opponent before reloading. The eighth shot deals knockback to the opponent, though it’s not very good.

B-throw: Joker hops onto the opponent’s shoulders and tears off a ‘mask’. This deals great damage but isn’t a good way to kill opponents.

U-throw: Joker reels back and swipes upwards with the knife, seemingly uppercutting the opponent with the blade.

Side Smash: Joker calls Arsene, who poises to attack before swiping in front of himself with one of his wings. This has some great range thanks to Arsene’s size. If Persona Break is in effect, Joker will only do a knife stab, followed with a knife swipe.

Up Smash: Joker calls Arsene, who crouches down before kicking over himself with the blades on his feet. This is a great kill move, with its already-impressive range only made better by Arsene’s size. If Persona Break is in effect, Joker will only fire his gun above himself.

Down Smash: Joker calls Arsene, who poises to attack before smashing his wings on both sides of himself, similar to Palutena’s Down Smash. Unlike Palutena, this attack does not have a windbox, limiting its gimp potential. If Persona Break is in effect, Joker will only swipe in front of himself, then behind himself.

Neutral B: Bullet Hail: Joker will fire multiple shots with his gun. The projectiles are similar to that of Bayonetta’s Bullet Climax, however it’s limited. If Joker shoots 8 shots in a row, he must pause to reload his gun.

Side B: Ambush: Joker shoots forwards and grabs the opponent. He will then rip off the ‘mask’ of the opponent. When it’s complete, the opponent will be in complete hitstun, allowing Joker to follow up with another attack. Like Shulk’s Back Slash, this move does more damage if done from behind, but unlike Back Slash, the attack does more hitstun from behind too.

Up B: Down Shot: A two-press special similar to Corrin’s Dragon Lunge. Joker crouches down then jumps in the direction of the joystick. During this jump, the player can press the button again to make Joker fire his gun downwards in the direction he’s facing.

Down B: Arsene: Joker will call Arsene and command him to do one attack before calling him away. The player can use Down B to dispel Arsene should they desire. Doing so gives Joker plenty of room to do a different attack. However, listed past this are three options Arsene can perform. There are limits to Persona Specials, however: for example, you can’t follow up Arsene’s Cleave with Joker’s Down Shot if you're recovering.

Neutral B (Arsene): Eiha: Arsene summons a pillar of darkness at a certain location in front of himself, similarly to Palutena’s Explosive Flame. However, the player can tilt the joystick before the move comes out to change where Eiha is summoned, similarly to the Belmonts’ Axe. The pillar itself reaches slightly higher than Ridley’s Down Taunt, and is about as wide as Ganondorf.

Side B (Arsene): Dream Needle: Arsene lunges forward and stabs the opponent with a large needle of energy, dealing damage and putting the opponent to sleep. For how long they are put to sleep is dependant on damage, however at 0%, it's definitely not as drastic as when Splat Roller buries an opponent.

Up B (Arsene): Cleave: Arsene and Joker lunge upwards before slashing to the side, similarly to the second hit to Shulk’s Air Slash. This move is great for killing opponents, but causes recoil damage to Joker.

Final Smash: All-Out Attack: Joker uses “Hold Up!” on multiple opponents before calling upon four his teammates, the Phantom Thieves to barrage the opponent with multiple attacks in an All-Out Attack. If an opponent reaches over 100%, they will be instantly KO’d, accompanied with a flashy outro that any of the teammates will perform like in Persona 5. In team battles, up to three of whoever are your teammates will replace the Phantom Thieves that could be used in the Final Smash. (For example, If Joker is on the same team as Cloud, Ridley and Pichu, they will accompany Joker in the Final Smash instead of Ryuji, Morgana, Ann, Makoto and/or Haru. Each character even has their outro for the All-Out Attack.)

Again: may or may not have nailed it, but A for effort, right?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw someone mention the possibility to announce a smash direct (for after the tourney). i think that could work pretty well.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
yeh alright, nothing :p

back to sega fes speculation lol. 11 hours to go for persona

Top Bottom