• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Nintendo already stated none of the new fighters will be echos, so I don’t believe there is a chance of the spoiler character getting in at least as an echo.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Call me a killjoy, but I really hope this doesn't happen, mainly cause I freaking hate him with a burning passion. Seriously, I get his whole story and all that but he still makes my blood absolutely boil.
I completely understand that. I'd think of it like Ganon and Ridley on smash. You're not supposed to like them as people. You're just playing as the bad guy.
I hope you're ready for a bitter pill when P5 complete comes out. It's heavily speculated to have a redemption arc for Akechi.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Nintendo already stated none of the new fighters will be echos, so I don’t believe there is a chance of the spoiler character getting in at least as an echo.
Hmm. To be fair, it's more that they stated that echoes alone, wouldn't be DLC. Doesn't mean these DLC newcomers won't be able to come with echo fighters in their respective packages.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think that was more of a reasurance that the fighter pass characters aren't echoes. Doesn't mean they can't also throw in echoes as extras.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My only problem with that character being an echo is that there is a distinct difference between a sword of his variety and Joker's dagger.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My only problem with that character being an echo is that there is a distinct difference between a sword of his variety and Joker's dagger.
Could use
a serrated knife like in the Black Mask fight

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Could use
a serrated knife like in the Black Mask fight
Either that, or they could just take a little creative liberty and make a short beamsword. Maybe he could have a couple of different normal moves from Joker with a little more range and a little less damage and be sort of a Ken like echo.

StormC

Smash Hero
Past the third dungeon, one of the best music tracks in the game so far for sure. The boss was pretty easy but I'd prefer that to how every boss in Persona 4 seemed like a giant meat shield that took forever to die. I'm also getting some decent progress on the maid confidant and reaping the benefits of that. The NPC confidant storylines definitely seem more interesting than the ones in 4; I particularly like the one with the politician, if only because I relate to it having worked on the campaign for a local representative last year.

Oh, and I got a glimpse at Sigran101 Sigran101 's avatar. So that's neat.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So....

What in the **** is Madarame's problem?
He started hating the world of art. He believed people didn't care about the passion or the emotion that was put into art anymore, and only cared about things that looked pretty and could sell for a high price. So he started to conduct his business with that ideal in mind. He didn't care about what he had to do or who he had to crush under his foot for the sake of his goals, he just wanted to "give the public what it wanted" in terms of art, no matter what the cost may be. Eventually, that twisted into him not caring about anyone but himself. He let his pupils die or cast them out of his house the second they stopped producing stuff that was useful to him. He took the works said pupils made and coined it under his own name. He thought he was the greatest artist to ever live, and so that meant he could do whatever he wanted as long as it was for the sake of his "art".

StormC

Smash Hero
It's one thing for Madarame to be a manipulative **** that's an art snob, but when he revealed that he

let Yusuke's mom die

it became a lot more satisfying to take him down.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I completely understand that. I'd think of it like Ganon and Ridley on smash. You're not supposed to like them as people. You're just playing as the bad guy.
I hope you're ready for a bitter pill when P5 complete comes out. It's heavily speculated to have a redemption arc for Akechi.
Yeah that's the thing: I don't even hate him in a "love to hate" manner. I just hate him, period.

Ugh I was already expecting that. <Heavy sigh> Guess this is what happens when you're a bishy in Japan, fanboys/girls can't get enough of you. This is the Draco Malfoy treatment all over again...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If someone like Vegeta or Darth Vader can be redeemed
they can EASILY do the same. Also Haru's father had it coming

If you want someone comparable to Ganon or Ridley, you want to look at
Mr. Tohru "I killed and ***** out of boredom" Adachi

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Why do Teddle got a Shadow?
As Teddie befriends the main cast, he begins to develop repressed fears and desires that form into a shadow...

It's one thing for Madarame to be a manipulative **** that's an art snob, but when he revealed that he

let Yusuke's mom die

it became a lot more satisfying to take him down.
They do a good job at escalating the conflicts across the game.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The more I think about it the more I think Akechi could actually work as an echo. His weapons are the only ones out of all the characters that are similar to Joker's. His body type is the same. Robinhood can use curse skills and physical skills like Arsene, and he has the wild card arcana so if Joker has other personas in his moveset then he can too. Assuming all out attack is the final smash, not only would it fit just as well for him as Joker, but Joker could have three party members in his while Akechi has the other three, thus incorporating all the phantom thieves. He'd be more villain representation and could be a big promotional move if P5 complete focuses on Akechi and comes to switch, both of which are likely. If they do dlc echoes relating to the fighter pass characters, which is a big if, then I think Akechi is actually very likely.
I'd love for that to happen. I'm not ruling out the possibility of DLC outside of the fighters pass, so an echo of a DLC fighter might be improbable, but not impossible.
It'd be cool if Loki was in his moveset though since its design is similar to Arsene and it was criminally underused in P5 despite how cool it looked. It probably would be too much of an endgame spoiler though.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I mean, Akechi is a mass murderer. The subway incident alone was more counts of murder than Adachi had. Plus he pulled the trigger on Wakaba, causing Futaba to become suicidal and get abused by her uncle. His motives weren't as sick, but his actions were far worse.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Comparing Ridley to Adachi would be apt, but Ganon isn't the type to cause mayhem just because he can — he tends to be more goal-driven.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
TFW i just realized..........

SAE THE DETECTIVE IS MAKOTO'S BIG SIS?!
yeah shes the better niijima
I mean, Akechi is a mass murderer. The subway incident alone was more counts of murder than Adachi had. Plus he pulled the trigger on Wakaba, causing Futaba to become suicidal and get abused by her uncle. His motives weren't as sick, but his actions were far worse.
Nah. Akechi never ***** anyone. As someone who's been through that ****, I can safely say Adachi is so much worse. Besides, even Futaba blames all of that on Shido, not Akechi
Comparing Ridley to Adachi would be apt, but Ganon isn't the type to cause mayhem just because he can — he tends to be more goal-driven.
Eh, I guess

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah that's the thing: I don't even hate him in a "love to hate" manner. I just hate him, period.

Ugh I was already expecting that. <Heavy sigh> Guess this is what happens when you're a bishy in Japan, fanboys/girls can't get enough of you. This is the Draco Malfoy treatment all over again...
I'm not into all that. This is literally the only reason I like him.
33bfd7c41f82daebbec63a7248e268be.gif

Makes me laugh every time.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

amageish

Smash Master
Nah. Akechi never ***** anyone. As someone who's been through that ****, I can safely say Adachi is so much worse. Besides, even Futaba blames all of that on Shido, not Akechi
Akechi has definitely done worse things, but Adachi is definitely the more morally-corrupt person. Akechi is a victim of an abusive father while Adachi is just straight-up unable to understand that human life has value.

That said, I do understand why people aren't happy about him being in things like Persona Q2... That's a midquel and one imagines the group dyamic at that moment is very tension-filled and maybe not the best fit for a more fanservice-y title like Q.

So um..... Makoto showed her Persona and um........

yeah i love her
And now you know why people were unironically predicting Persona 5 getting a racing spin-off!

vroom vroom

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Akechi has definitely done worse things, but Adachi is definitely the more morally-corrupt person. Akechi is a victim of an abusive father while Adachi is just straight-up unable to understand that human life has value.

That said, I do understand why people aren't happy about him being in things like Persona Q2... That's a midquel and one imagines the group dyamic at that moment is very tension-filled and maybe not the best fit for a more fanservice-y title like Q.

And now you know why people were unironically predicting Persona 5 getting a racing spin-off!

vroom vroom
if people were unhappy Akechi was in Q2, they were definitelyin the minority because I saw way more excitement

amageish

Smash Master
if people were unhappy Akechi was in Q2, they were definitelyin the minority because I saw way more excitement
Oh, they're definitely a minority, but I definitely saw that argument around.

He's still a Phantom Thief and I like him being there myself.

Hopefully the almost-definitely-happening January Nintendo Direct confirms Persona Q2 for a localization...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh, they're definitely a minority, but I definitely saw that argument around.

He's still a Phantom Thief and I like him being there myself.

Hopefully the almost-definitely-happening January Nintendo Direct confirms Persona Q2 for a localization...
Oh well
kinda hope he's still associated withthe PTs in other spinoffs, even if as the token evil mate no one wants around.

like abridged vegeta. actually just turn him into abridged vegeta personality wise

amageish

Smash Master
Oh well
kinda hope he's still associated withthe PTs in other spinoffs, even if as the token evil mate no one wants around.

like abridged vegeta. actually just turn him into abridged vegeta personality wise
That would be funny if nothing else haha. I do also hope he continues to appear in Arena and whatever random games they decide they can slap Persona on.

P5B = Persona 5 Baking. It's a Cooking Mama knock-off featuring characters from P3-P5 based on the weirdly-large amount of social links wherein you help someone learn to cook. Final "bossfight" is helping Akechi make pancakes.

It can also include Aika, given how she's the best part of all of the Persona anime.

D

Deleted member

I am not going to lie, but my favorite character in Persona 4 is actually Adachi. When he revealed himself as the villain, I thought he was pretty entertaining and out there, kind of over-the-top. When I was thinking of who my favorite character was from P4, I was surprised to say that it was him. He stuck out the most to me, even more so than the party members.
In a way, I can empathize with him and understand how he got on that path. He's a loner, doesn't like social interaction, and he was sent to a place that he views as lesser than him because of one mistake that he made. His story is realistic in a way... and honestly any one of us can become an Adachi.
If you haven't, I do recommend watching this video of Adachi to see what I mean because it's pretty good:

Akechi, on the other hand, was someone that I was suspicious of since the beginning. I did know who the culprit was prior to P4 (because I was spoiled about it somewhere), but I wanted to see how it unfolded. Akechi... something about him seemed off and I knew he couldn't be trusted. I guess they wanted to go the sympathetic route, but it was hard for me to... especially when I knew something was off. Though P4 and 5 have different types of stories; 4's traitor twist was meant to be much bigger than 5's because 4 is a murder mystery and 5 is a heist story.

Anyways, that's my two cents on that.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, so, before I went to sleep last night, I had a cool idea:

What if at the end of the gameplay trailer for Joker, it shows tarot cards that hint at the next DLC challengers? It would not only fit the aesthetic for Persona, but it would also get people interested in the potential fighters that allude to what cards appear.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so, before I went to sleep last night, I had a cool idea:

What if at the end of the gameplay trailer for Joker, it shows tarot cards that hint at the next DLC challengers? It would not only fit the aesthetic for Persona, but it would also get people interested in the potential fighters that allude to what cards appear.
Then watch as all the crazy Waluigi fans grasp at straws in claiming he still has a chance <heavy sigh>.

D

Deleted member

So, SEGA may be teasing a PC port for Catherine.

TBH there is not a doubt in my mind that if Catherine of all things can make it to PC, then P5 will most likely follow.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
A lot of us are in the Square thread too, haha.

I'm personally really excited about it. Joker has some interesting stats and the other rumored DLC character has me very excited too.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've never played a Dragon Quest game before (I have XI sitting on the shelf tho), but the character in question looks decent enough.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We do need to note, we have Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei(Persona may have overshadowed its origin, but it still came from SMT) and Dragon Quest characters all in the same game as playble characters. That is pretty cool.

Top Bottom