• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, that makes sense. False alarm. I still hope those things really happen though.
I mean, it still seems super likely that those things will happen from a "How does one expand the story of P5?" PoV. It just wasn't being announced today.

Only another 3 months until we actually know!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I mean, it still seems super likely that those things will happen from a "How does one expand the story of P5?" PoV. It just wasn't being announced today.

Only another 3 months until we actually know!
I definitely believe Akechi living will happen. I'm just really hoping Ren avoiding jail happens so there can be more time playing as him.

Those 2 things, some new events in the winter, an aeon confidant, and Hifumi joining as a phantom thief with an extra dungeon, are all the things I'm hoping for.

amageish

Smash Master
I definitely believe Akechi living will happen. I'm just really hoping Ren avoiding jail happens so there can be more time playing as him.

Those 2 things, some new events in the winter, an aeon confidant, and Hifumi joining as a phantom thief with an extra dungeon, are all the things I'm hoping for.
Those are good hopes! It also made me think of another idea for how they could add content to the game in a somewhat-logical way... Probably the most realistic of my predictions so far, in spite of being hyper-specific, so here it is:

P5R adds a new Aeon confident. She's a relatively-young upstart female police officer who is ignored by her boss due to her age and sex. In spite of this, she remains ever-optimistic and admires Akechi due to his being more successful at a younger age then her. He regularly appears in the Confindant and begins to realize that a lot of his success comes from his father's influence, while people like [new-Aeon-girl] are ignored in spite of their exceptional talents. At the end of the confidant, you (and Akechi) help her get a well-deserve promotion by stealing her boss's heart in a Mementos quest.

Completing the confidant before December 25th leads to her using her newfound position of power to get you out of jail early. The Thieves are happy and want to go on a group trip to celebrate. [Aeon-girl] acknowledges her intentions to meet "an old friend" at [insert location from previous MegaTen game here]* and you all decide to join her (after some time to do social links again and maybe get some Ultimate-Ultimate Persona by talking to party members). After some fun hanging-out dialogue, you meet up with [Aeon-girl] at [location] and it turns out her friend is a very-much-still-alive Akechi. He apologizes, acknowlging how both his time with you and the other Thieves and his friendship with [Aeon-girl] changed him for the better, and refers to some other injustice going on in the location you are vacationing at. As your persona powers still work there for some reason, you decide to right the wrong with Akechi's help in one final-final Heart-heist.

Like with Marie, this would allow the new content to be entirely skipped by not doing a Confidant with no major logical flaws (if you don't do it, then you are jailed for the duration you were in the base P5 game and Akechi's fate is left unclear). Given how most enhanced ports do make the new content either skippable or sequestered in an epilogue, I would expect that to be a major influence on whatever content that had.

If I keep up this much predicting, then I might as well start writing P5 fanfiction...

Either directly going to a location from a previous Persona game, like you do in P4 and in the FeMC's route of P3P, or going to a location that also exists in the SMT timeline, like you do in your visit to Destinyland in P5 (Destinyland was one of the dungeons in the original SMT).

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have been playing through Persona 5 again and just loving it all over again! Also, beating a Palace in as little time as possible is proving pretty dang tough! In one go without stopping so I can max out Confidants and Stats as fast as possible.

Holy Crap, I had forgotten how long Kaneshiro's Palace was until I got in the treasure lock area.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hi everyone, I need some advice I've been trying to take down Madarame but I've lost constantly. I'm doing the game on hard mode and I'm on Lv 17. Should I just go back a week before and level up more? And if I should, what Lv should I be to face him?

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, I need some advice I've been trying to take down Madarame but I've lost constantly. I'm doing the game on hard mode and I'm on Lv 17. Should I just go back a week before and level up more? And if I should, what Lv should I be to face him?
If I remember correctly I used Matador for that fight who helped me out A LOT since I hated Madarame's boss fight. If you are able to, definitely give him a try!

As for Sae:

I do hope that she will actually be a party member late game. I loved her Boss Fight and would love her to have that badass boss as a Persona. That or Akechi as a permanent party member.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If I remember correctly I used Matador for that fight who helped me out A LOT since I hated Madarame's boss fight. If you are able to, definitely give him a try!
Thanks unfortunately I'm not a high enough level to use Matador.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Thanks unfortunately I'm not a high enough level to use Matador.
You probably need to level up considering it's hard mode, but using lots of attacks that hit all enemies in the painting phase worked really well for me. Some parts will absorb it, but getting damage on most of them at once is good. Multi target physical attacks are fantastic here.

Edit: I meant to quote the earlier post but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
You probably need to level up considering it's hard mode, but using lots of attacks that hit all enemies in the painting phase worked really well for me. Some parts will absorb it, but getting damage on most of them at once is good. Multi target physical attacks are fantastic here.

Edit: I meant to quote the earlier post but you know what I mean.
Yeah, thanks a lot :) I'll unfortunately probably have to warp back to a week before and use that time to level up and head into the Metaverse everyday, so I can get more fusions, but it's for the best considering that I was using Ryuji's Rampage skill to cause multi physical damage, and I still got beaten.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, thanks a lot :) I'll unfortunately probably have to warp back to a week before and use that time to level up and head into the Metaverse everyday, so I can get more fusions, but it's for the best considering that I was using Ryuji's Rampage skill to cause multi physical damage, and I still got beaten.
If you're going the physical multitarget route you'll want a good physical persona for Joker as well. I don't remember what persona it was, but I used one that has charge, which greatly increases your next physical damage. That's basically how you deal any good damage late game. Charge + multitarget medium physical damage skill = dead paintings. You'll want a good single target one for the human phase as well. If I have time later I'll try and find the persona I used.

Edit: No persona gets charge that early. Don't know why I'm remembering that. But you can get Matador, which was mentioned above, with just 2 more levels. It gets swift strike which does light physical damage to all foes 3-4 times. That's way better than medium physical damage. I think Yusuke gets a medium damage multitarget physical attack around this point too, so a good team could have both him and Ryuji.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If you're going the physical multitarget route you'll want a good physical persona for Joker as well. I don't remember what persona it was, but I used one that has charge, which greatly increases your next physical damage. That's basically how you deal any good damage late game. Charge + multitarget medium physical damage skill = dead paintings. You'll want a good single target one for the human phase as well. If I have time later I'll try and find the persona I used.

Edit: No persona gets charge that early. Don't know why I'm remembering that. But you can get Matador, which was mentioned above, with just 2 more levels. It gets swift strike which does light physical damage to all foes 3-4 times. That's way better than medium physical damage. I think Yusuke gets a medium damage multitarget physical attack around this point too, so a good team could have both him and Ryuji.
Thanks again. Alright, then it's settled. I'll just have to get Matador.

I gotta go back, back to the past.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I think the most satisfying thing about replaying Persona 5 is seeing the infiltration log completed in a single day (or the most minimal amount of visits possible). That and I don't have to worry about my social skills too much so I can max out all the confidants I missed out first time around.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think the most satisfying thing about replaying Persona 5 is seeing the infiltration log completed in a single day (or the most minimal amount of visits possible). That and I don't have to worry about my social skills too much so I can max out all the confidants I missed out first time around.
Agreed. Although I do eventually miss building social stats and having to balance time between life and dungeons. The game loses its sense of urgency and tension in new game plus, as well as the theme of time management. It has other good aspects to make up for it, but after a new game plus run I always end up craving a regular playthrough.

StormC

Smash Hero
Makoto's been in my party for 5 minutes and she's already the coolest Phantom Thief.

I kinda wish she took Ryuji's suggestion of the "Rider" codename, though.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Makoto's been in my party for 5 minutes and she's already the coolest Phantom Thief.

I kinda wish she took Ryuji's suggestion of the "Rider" codename, though.
Ooooh, you're getting close to meeting my favorite character! I bet no one here can guess who it is.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
2 things i have to say:

-Why am i still awake at 5am

-I absolutely approve of the PS4 dynamic themes for P5

Also my mom got absolutely drunk in the party

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The more I think about it the more I think Akechi could actually work as an echo. His weapons are the only ones out of all the characters that are similar to Joker's. His body type is the same. Robinhood can use curse skills and physical skills like Arsene, and he has the wild card arcana so if Joker has other personas in his moveset then he can too. Assuming all out attack is the final smash, not only would it fit just as well for him as Joker, but Joker could have three party members in his while Akechi has the other three, thus incorporating all the phantom thieves. He'd be more villain representation and could be a big promotional move if P5 complete focuses on Akechi and comes to switch, both of which are likely. If they do dlc echoes relating to the fighter pass characters, which is a big if, then I think Akechi is actually very likely.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it the more I think Akechi could actually work as an echo. His weapons are the only ones out of all the characters that are similar to Joker's. His body type is the same. Robinhood can use curse skills and physical skills like Arsene, and he has the wild card arcana so if Joker has other personas in his moveset then he can too. Assuming all out attack is the final smash, not only would it fit just as well for him as Joker, but Joker could have three party members in his while Akechi has the other three, thus incorporating all the phantom thieves. He'd be more villain representation and could be a big promotional move if P5 complete focuses on Akechi and comes to switch, both of which are likely. If they do dlc echoes relating to the fighter pass characters, which is a big if, then I think Akechi is actually very likely.
Call me a killjoy, but I really hope this doesn't happen, mainly cause I freaking hate him with a burning passion. Seriously, I get his whole story and all that but he still makes my blood absolutely boil.

Top Bottom