• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
What I'm really curious about for this character is what kind of elements from the game will come along. Is there going to be rpg elements, can we switch personas? anything interesting would make me pay attention.. that and a good playstyle, i guess :)
I think they might stay away from his Wild Card ability. Just using Arsene would give him more identity and be easier.

I'm hoping Joker switching personas will be something like Shulk's Monado Arts, but instead of affecting his base stats, switching personas will alter Joker's other specials (i.e. w/ side-B you could either use Dream Needle with Arsene or Bufula with Jack Frost depending on who you have equipped).

Swapping between Arsene, Jack Frost, and whatever other demon/persona the Smash dev team puts in would be pretty interesting and really play into Joker's status as a wild card. Idk if it would be too hard to balance though.
Sakurai mentioned balancing Shulk and Palutena during last game was a pain due to their changing stats, but this is more like Limit Breaks, right? I guess it's doable but it also sounds like a lot of work, since it'd essentially be giving him custom moves in his base moveset.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm hoping Joker switching personas will be something like Shulk's Monado Arts, but instead of affecting his base stats, switching personas will alter Joker's other specials (i.e. w/ side-B you could either use Dream Needle with Arsene or Bufula with Jack Frost depending on who you have equipped).

Swapping between Arsene, Jack Frost, and whatever other demon/persona the Smash dev team puts in would be pretty interesting and really play into Joker's status as a wild card. Idk if it would be too hard to balance though.
How would Kirby use it then?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think they might stay away from his Wild Card ability. Just using Arsene would give him more identity and be easier.

Sakurai mentioned balancing Shulk and Palutena during last game was a pain due to their changing stats, but this is more like Limit Breaks, right? I guess it's doable but it also sounds like a lot of work, since it'd essentially be giving him custom moves in his base moveset.
I don't remember which site where it was said, but a Nintendo bigwig had said one of the things that would determine more DLC beyond the fighter pass (besides fan demand) is whether they don't run into any balancing snags like with :ultbayonetta:.

So, let's hope that J doesn't take after his mum in that area. I trust in Sakurai and crew in somehow managing to cram in everything that matters though.

That trend has pretty much made the Wii U game selection worthless besides a few games. But I like to think there is a benefit to it, as it gets the games in the hands of more people, especially if the ports get onto consoles that are more popular, or in Persona 5's case, a console that does not have a dedicated game to that series. I recall that both Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze have outsold there counterparts, and P5R being on the Switch is going to introduce many Nintendo fans to the Persona series, especially with Smash raising interest for so many people.
I just hope they don't decide to leave the Wii U with a few exclusives just for the sake of it, otherwise SM3DW, Rainbow Curse and W101 are toast, among others.

Splatoon being behind is fine though, since we do have the sequel to that.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
So, let's hope that J doesn't take after his mum in that area. I trust in Sakurai and crew in somehow managing to cram in everything that matters though.
I'm somehow already tired of that joke. But anyway, how OP can HE be? He looks weak with his non-persona skills or be easy to launch like Pichu.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm somehow already tired of that joke. But anyway, how OP can HE be? He looks weak with his non-persona skills or be easy to launch like Pichu.
Don't judge a character by their looks, Pikachu was broken in 64.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, how is the broadcast? It is on right now, right? Or at least, the episode is on.

D

Deleted member

P5R is real. PS4 only platform so far announced, Mystic still saying Switch is planned.

D

Deleted member

Calling it: There's gonna be a Direct in March that announces the Switch port.

D

Deleted member

HES ALREADY BACKPEDALING HAHAHHAAH

Before you guys dump on him, he said that this was a theory before the reveal happened.

Surprise surprise, human beings can be wrong. I would ask that others handle this with maturity, and I hope they will, but he's already getting inflammatory stuff on Twitter so I guess that's that. The internet is great! /s

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Before you guys dump on him, he said that this was a theory before the reveal happened.

Surprise surprise, human beings can be wrong. I would ask that others handle this with maturity, and I hope they will, but he's already getting inflammatory stuff on Twitter so I guess that's that. The internet is great! /s
This is nothing. The Smash fanbase IS much worse with people not being right.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what P5R will even be. I think the obvious answer will be an expansion to the game like P4 had with Golden, but I am curious where this will be going.
If it is an expansion, my wish list (no matter how possible or impossible it is) would be:
-Removing and reworking parts of Social Links that involved you going to Mementos
-An extra dungeon where Hifumi becomes a party member
-Akechi's role and character development getting expanded
-All of the P5 DLC ready at the beginning
-More months and events taking place. Heck, let us go to Inaba for one of these events or something.

D

Deleted member

This is nothing. The Smash fanbase IS much worse with people not being right.
What makes me laugh is people accusing him of back pedaling when he's done no such thing.

He simply relayed what his sources told him. Reminds me of when everyone harassed Vergeben after he didn't get K. Rool or any of the Echoes right.

I greatly anticipate P5R's Switch announcement if only because these people harassing him are being extremely immature. People are incredibly reactionary nowadays and don't even think when they post stuff, TBH. No one's considering that it could be announced later, and that this is a teaser. Maybe wait a bit?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
What makes me laugh is people accusing him of back pedaling when he's done no such thing.

He simply relayed what his sources told him. Reminds me of when everyone harassed Vergeben after he didn't get K. Rool or any of the Echoes right.

I greatly anticipate P5R's Switch announcement if only because these people harassing him are being extremely immature. People are incredibly reactionary nowadays and don't even think when they post stuff, TBH. No one's considering that it could be announced later, and that this is a teaser. Maybe wait a bit?
Also the 'Roar is NOT in the game; the grinch leak said so' ruined a lot of the game for me. Yeah, I'm just happy that it'll get on ps4 as well.

D

Deleted member

Also the 'Roar is NOT in the game; the grinch leak said so' ruined a lot of the game for me. Yeah, I'm just happy that it'll get on ps4 as well.
A game being on more platforms is always a great thing! More chances for more people to experience things. Worst comes to worst, I'll pick it up on PS4, no big deal.

'S just a video game. Some people take this stuff way too dang seriously.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
A game being on more platforms is always a great thing! More chances for more people to experience things. Worst comes to worst, I'll pick it up on PS4, no big deal.

Hey, is it bad that I'm used to this? Everybody talk **** about the leakers and the fans of a character and made fun of them for whatever reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I will say it's a good thing I still haven't gotten around to buying P5 yet, then.

That said, as far as complaining in this thread is concerned, I only see Mellow being rude.

Also, if some insiders decide to leak things entirely just so they can get attention and are rude to people, should they not be made fun of when they end up being wrong? If anything, I'm not even sure why they willingly decide to risk their careers in the first place just over knowing what's coming in a video game. It's not like they uncovered the plans for a military weapon, or something.

Boy, have you been on some of the other character threads? It's much worse in those places.

CokSu4J.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, is it bad that I'm used to this? Everybody talk **** about the leakers and the fans of a character and made fun of them for whatever reason.
I'm used to it too.

It's the internet. Something about it seems to bring out the worst in humanity.

D

Deleted member

Well, I will say it's a good thing I still haven't gotten around to buying P5 yet, then.

That said, as far as complaining in this thread is concerned, I only see Mellow being rude.

Boy, have you been on some of the other character threads? It's much worse in those places.

View attachment 184825
The Crash Bandicoot thread isn't bad or terrible, imo.

It is peaceful around that place.

D

Deleted member

Also, if some insiders decide to leak things entirely just so they can get attention and are rude to people, should they not be made fun of when they end up being wrong? If anything, I'm not even sure why they willingly decide to risk their careers in the first place just over knowing what's coming in a video game. It's not like they uncovered the plans for a military weapon, or something.

View attachment 184825
My comments were more directed at other places. This place is thankfully being super chill, probably because this is one of the better communities out there. :)

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

View attachment 184825
Im not complaining, im just saying that Mystic should stop trying to harm his image since hes already getting tons of backlash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Im not complaining, im just saying that Mystic should stop trying to harm his image since hes already getting tons of backlash.
Eh well, that's why it's best to talk on private venues. I honestly wonder how well papagenos papagenos is doing on the public YT front, given that.

Also, if what you said about the engine noise is true, then I'm confused now.

5b2.gif

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For those wondering about the supposed engine noise, its at the start of the video:

I can't tell if its an engine noise or not
That's just an explosion.

Wish it had more info on what the new stuff was but hey, looks like it's coming out in March which is cool. Looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member

That's just an explosion.

Wish it had more info on what the new stuff was but hey, looks like it's coming out in March which is cool. Looking forward to it.
The March date is actually confirmation on when there will be new info, not release. It's getting more info when the next OVA for the anime airs, which is why I still think more platform announcements are possible.

D

Deleted member

At this point I'm just waiting for KH3 to take my HEART. (Crossover joke)
That game is going to destroy my February gaming, lol. I highly doubt I'll be playing too many other games for a couple of weeks after that comes out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shame that we didn't get much info, but March isn't that far off and at least we got this sick art:

Top Bottom