• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point I'm just waiting for KH3 to take my HEART. (Crossover joke)
Maybe after then, that'll allow them to get back to FF7R(emake) afterwards. :p

Oh, speaking of January, there's probably going to be a leak for a Direct, right? One of the users here implied this yesterday.

Shame that we didn't get much info, but March isn't that far off and at least we got this sick art:

>neon Ann
Didn't ask for it, but I like it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Come on, Hifumi as a phantom thief! That's all I want out of this game!
I'm like, 99% sure they won't add any new party members unless they want to throw off all the balance.

Also, unpopular opinion maybe, but Persona 5 had way too many main characters. Adding another isn't the best idea, considering pre-existing ones have problem with having enough screen-time (looking at you, Haru).

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I'm like, 99% sure they won't add any new party members unless they want to throw off all the balance.

Also, unpopular opinion maybe, but Persona 5 had way too many main characters. Adding another isn't the best idea, considering pre-existing ones have problem with having enough screen-time (looking at you, Haru).
Sadly, I agree. It is hard for me to see how they will utilize Hifumi being in the main story after her palace beyond her just "being there" even worse than Haru.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"I hope you are well, this is Joker. As the year ends the voices speaking out awaiting our next move grow louder. However we are closing the curtain for this year. March 2019. We look forward to seeing you again ladies and gentleman. Until then, you’ll just have to wait. Happy new year."

Not much to the dialogue for that trailer, since it's an announcement of an announcement, but for those who are wondering, this is a translation of what Joker said in the P5R trailer.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I'm more curious about this tbh

it was part of the PSL 2019 announcement but still...

WHY IS HE THERE???

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

WHY IS HE THERE???
They could be just using the bath at the same time. Goro hangs out around Yongen-Jaya all the time.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wouldn't look too much into it, first trailers for P5 had a lot of weird stuff, not just with dates.
yeah but this is further in develop than those were
Oh crap, it's December 31!
Ren doesn't go to jail! And Akechi lives!
accomplice ending confirmed

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

And Persona 3 had even more. Most of them weren't relavent in any way shape or form, even when they joined. And most of P4's cast weren't story relavent outside of their dungeon. P5 is the smallest offender of this out of the 3, and Hifumi was planned for P5 vanilla.

Plus based on that image there is extra time anyway since Ren doesn't go to jail. And with Akechi alive they're already changing things.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Let me kiss or hug Ryuji he needs it.
And Persona 3 had even more. Most of them weren't relavent in any way shape or form, even when they joined. And most of P4's cast weren't story relavent outside of their dungeon. P5 is the smallest offender of this out of the 3, and Hifumi was planned for P5 vanilla.

Plus based on that image there is extra time anyway since Ren doesn't go to jail. And with Akechi alive they're already changing things.
We have to see what is going on FIRST before saying something.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
R could stand for ''Return."

''The voices crying out await our next move."

I haven't beat the game just yet so I don't know. No spoilers, but just something I thought of in the event it's not a straight up re-release but some kind of new mission of the Phantom Thieves instead.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Persona 5

tumblr_mo72gh2X571qfodnoo1_400.gif

they made a sequel to P2, i'm sure they could do the same with P5

amageish

Smash Master
Well, good job announcing that announcement ATLUS... Good to know that P5R is coming officially, but I don't see why they wouldn't say it was an enhanced port if it was an enhanced port or a spin-off if it was a spin-off....

WHY IS HE THERE???
It's now December 31st in Japan, so Ren's living his ordinary life on the 31st before realizing he can buy tickets to the Persona concert. I doubt it's meant to hint at more then that...

Akechi being there is odd, but he's also one of the most popular characters in Japan. Logically Akechi shouldn't be there, but also logically Joker shouldn't still be living with Sojiro on December 31st 2018 or be able to buy tickets to an event based on his own video game franchise (unless the Persona franchise exists as video games within the Persona timeline, which wouldn't be wholly illogical given how Catherine seems to exist in the Persona timeline and... never mind I'm overthinking this...).

I do still expect them to keep him alive in P5R, but I don't think this is evidence of it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
R could stand for ''Return."

''The voices crying out await our next move."

I haven't beat the game just yet so I don't know. No spoilers, but just something I thought of in the event it's not a straight up re-release but some kind of new mission of the Phantom Thieves instead.
Persona 5

View attachment 184835

they made a sequel to P2, i'm sure they could do the same with P5
It'd be like Bayonetta 2, except that it won't be stuck with just the one console company.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think they might stay away from his Wild Card ability. Just using Arsene would give him more identity and be easier.
I hope not, I'd want this to represent more the persona series as a whole, and Arsene could be the default, sure. I just want the character to be diverse and interesting. Put jack frost and pixie to switch with and have different b moves (maybe diff magic) for it or something and I'm sold.
Anyway, just playing with ideas. Other rpg elements could make it real interesting too.

So long as we all enjoy it :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh? He's still claiming such? Where?
On his twitter:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I honestly think it'll happen. Re-releasing P5 on just PS4 again just doesn't make much sense to me IMHO, even with some extra side content. Re-releasing it as a multiplat game makes so much more sense given the demand for it, but hey, who knows? Maybe I'm wrong; just gonna have to wait until March to find out. :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I hope not, I'd want this to represent more the persona series as a whole, and Arsene could be the default. I just want the character to be diverse and interesting. Put jack frost and pixie to switch with and have different b moves (maybe diff magic) for it or something and I'm sold.
Anyway, just playing with ideas. Other rpg elements could make it real interesting too.

So long as we all enjoy it :)
Yes. Besides, Atlus would be remiss not to have their biggest mascot in there somehow, if the whole "DLC newcomers don't come with extra spirits" theory comes true.

And Toad fans would feel a little better about seeing somebody new with a "bodyguard" NPC.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's a Persona 5S, which leads me to think that's the Switch re-release.

And this? This isn't a re-release, but we'll see.

D

Deleted member

Mystic deleted his twitter.

Man, that sucks. I guess people were really going nuts on him. At least people here were chill and respectful...

Black Link521

Smash Cadet

WHY IS HE THERE???
Being the Akechi fan that I am I do enjoy seeing him spend time with Ren. But this is one of those things that I have to admit is just strange.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well, good job announcing that announcement ATLUS... Good to know that P5R is coming officially, but I don't see why they wouldn't say it was an enhanced port if it was an enhanced port or a spin-off if it was a spin-off....

It's now December 31st in Japan, so Ren's living his ordinary life on the 31st before realizing he can buy tickets to the Persona concert. I doubt it's meant to hint at more then that...

Akechi being there is odd, but he's also one of the most popular characters in Japan. Logically Akechi shouldn't be there, but also logically Joker shouldn't still be living with Sojiro on December 31st 2018 or be able to buy tickets to an event based on his own video game franchise (unless the Persona franchise exists as video games within the Persona timeline, which wouldn't be wholly illogical given how Catherine seems to exist in the Persona timeline and... never mind I'm overthinking this...).

I do still expect them to keep him alive in P5R, but I don't think this is evidence of it.
Was there a tweet or something that went along with that picture that makes you think that? Because I don't see anything that implies he's waiting to buy a ticket. It just looks like any other scene from the game.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The main thing I was hoping for the re-release was that they'd flesh out Akechi more, so seeing that he might be able to be saved is pretty promising.

amageish

Smash Master
Was there a tweet or something that went along with that picture that makes you think that? Because I don't see anything that implies he's waiting to buy a ticket. It just looks like any other scene from the game.
It's a screenshot taken from this video which ends with him deciding to buy a ticket.

Top Bottom