• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

How do you think I learned about the game?;)

Anyway, I have a question for you all. If P5R were to get Nintendo content, what would you want to be there? You don't have to be realistic about it.
I would love to have costumes based on Nintendo characters, such as Ann dressing up as Zero Suit Samus and Yosuke having a Chrom or Ryoma costume.

Maybe they could make a nod to the fact that Joker is in Smash Bros., such as replacing the reference to it in the original P5 and instead have Futaba say something like, "Reminds me of that "Challenger Approaching" screen Joker saw so much in Smash Bros."

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
List ALL of the characters in Smash who said their game's name, such as Mario saying his own name or PERSONA!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Someone help me, ive been spending 10 hours a day on P5 and i bought 2 other games alongside it. This game has consumed my life.
It warms my heart to see new people getting obsessed with Persona.

This comment surely aged well XD
Ironically, he was on my prediction list since November. I gave up at the last second.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Flyboy Flyboy

Any thoughts on Joker's Alts?
I'm thinking they'll do one for each Phantom Thief color-wise and then either his traditional school uniform or a Velvet Room color attire. I'm hoping they go school uniform. I'm also hoping they change his hair color for each alt because that's fun.

I wouldn't be opposed to ones based on old Persona protagonists but I'd be mad salty if they did that and then left out the P3P Heroine which they do sometimes so I'd rather avoid that whole mess altogether.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I feel like I maybe screwed my prediction up the most out of everyone here (this was in response to someone who came into the thread just to complain).

Oh, yeah, it is definitely insanely unlikely. I mean, ATLUS has supported Nintendo a craptonne with their games, but their most successful titles (Nocturne and all of the Persona games) are PlayStation exclusive. Not to mention that ATLUS is now owned by SEGA, who already have Sonic and Bayonetta as representatives. So, even if Nintendo decided there was some benefit to showing off their corporate friendship with SEGA, then Joker would have to go up against the likes of Tails and Arle - and, if Nintendo decided there was some benefit to showing off their corporate friendship with ATLUS in particlar, then Joker would still have to go up against the likes of Jack Frost (ATLUS' mascot character) and the much-more-advertisable protagonist of the upcoming Nintendo-Switch-exclusive JRPG Shin Megami Tensei V.

That said, its a fun hypothetical to discuss? I'm probably on the more pessimistic side of the regulars here, but I still enjoy discussing it even if I recognize that it isn't probable.
Oops! I'm very glad to be wrong haha.

I wouldn't be opposed to ones based on old Persona protagonists but I'd be mad salty if they did that and then left out the P3P Heroine which they do sometimes so I'd rather avoid that whole mess altogether.
They do have a mixed record when it comes to using her, but PQ2 definitely was advertised as her grand return to the franchise (like, it seems possible that she was left out of the dancing games just to make her being in Q2 more exciting), so I doubt they'd shove her back in a closet again?

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've always thought we needed an Atlus rep of sorts, but I never expected Joker of all things; felt that would've been a pipe dream, and I even had him as my most desired DLC character for the Ultimate 30 days challenge. I pegged either Jack Frost or someone from the main SMT games haha

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's funny how my "RIP Joker for wave one" post is the post that keeps getting quoted when I was one of the very few people actually saying he had a good shot in the general thread and other various threads. Some people pretty much knew me as the delusional Joker guy. I don't mind it at all. I just think it's funny.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the record, I was on the side of "might be cool, though not seeing him until maybe next time". Even Jack Frost to me seemed like somebody that wouldn't necessarily take immediate priority. As regulars here know, the announcement blindsided me thoroughly.

I feel like I maybe screwed my prediction up the most out of everyone here (this was in response to someone who came into the thread just to complain).

Oops! I'm very glad to be wrong haha.
Honestly? Depending on what happens next, you won't be alone on this front.

One thing people easily forget is that Sakurai knows how to shatter their expectations and pleasantly surprise them. :colorful:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I kinda just came to a realization, a ton of the original entities in Super Smash Bros. could totally fit in the Persona universe.

D

Deleted member

Mystic is tweeting that somethin's going down tomorrow.

I don't know how to feel, TBH. P5R being a Switch port makes so much sense, but would that really be announced outside of a Direct? Gah, I hate rumors like this: I wanna believe, but I also don't want to be disappointed...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I don't know how to feel, TBH. P5R being a Switch port makes so much sense, but would that really be announced outside of a Direct? Gah, I hate rumors like this: I wanna believe, but I also don't want to be disappointed...
Can you link the tweet?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I was thinking earlier "wouldn't it be neat/crazy if there was one last announcement right before New Year?" in regards to Smash, although this seems more reasonable.

amageish

Smash Master
Honestly? Depending on what happens next, you won't be alone on this front.

One thing people easily forget is that Sakurai knows how to shatter their expectations and pleasantly surprise them. :colorful:
Truth haha.

These are the Phantom Thieves we're talking about. You think they'll conform to your societal norms about where/when reveals should take place?

Seriously though, ATLUS tends to announce things on their own terms. We should be glad that it is likely to be announced in a video-based commercial, not randomly dropped as existing in a Famitsu issue.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Others are talking about it in the Ultimate General Thread.
Interesting. I can see why it will cause a ton of debate. I recall Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive caused a commotion, and that series is not nearly as popular as Persona or had the long main series history Persona has had with PlayStation.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I LOVE YU the most out of the main characters. B UT Joker SPOKE IN GAME AND I LOVE THAT??

amageish

Smash Master
Interesting. I can see why it will cause a ton of debate. I recall Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive caused a commotion, and that series is not nearly as popular as Persona or had the long main series history Persona has had with PlayStation.
Seriously, there are so many ways this could lead to debates...

If it's a Switch-exclusive, then Sony fans will be angry.

If it's focused on Akechi, then people who dislike him will be angry.

If it's adding a new character, then their story could be controversial in some way.

Heck, even if it's just adding a Naoto cameo, then that could start up debates about Naoto's gender again....

Persona 5 has a much bigger audiance then previous titles. They're liable to piss some fans off no matter what they do, unfortunately

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Seriously, there are so many ways this could lead to debates...

If it's a Switch-exclusive, then Sony fans will be angry.

If it's focused on Akechi, then people who dislike him will be angry.

If it's adding a new character, then their story could be controversial in some way.

Heck, even if it's just adding a Naoto cameo, then that could start up debates about Naoto's gender again....

Persona 5 has a much bigger audiance then previous titles. They're liable to piss some fans off no matter what they do, unfortunately
That is the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately. I know the Nintendo fans will be happy at least. And moving it to the Switch is the best decision for the game, as the Switch is perfect for a Persona game. I think it will be the story changes/additions that is going to cause the most contention.

amageish

Smash Master
That is the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately. I know the Nintendo fans will be happy at least. And moving it to the Switch is the best decision for the game, as the Switch is perfect for a Persona game. I think it will be the story changes/additions that is going to cause the most contention.
Actually, sounds like that won't be the case, if Mystic is to be believed.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

amageish

Smash Master
In regards to tomorrow, I assume the news reveal happens on JST? Since it would be New Year's Eve over there by then.
The episode begins airing at 12:30AM JST, so 10:30AM EST/7:30AM PST tomorrow. I dunno when within the broadcast the ad will be included though.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Definitely sounds like it's a Switch-exclusive game. idgaf either way, I'll double dip for this game :colorful:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Are you upset over this prospect?
A bit, yeah. BUT this goes for ports of games that I already owned, like Mario Kart 8. They added a bit more to the said ports, while these who do own the base game gets nothing of the sort.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A bit, yeah. BUT this goes for ports of games that I already owned, like Mario Kart 8. They added a bit more to the said ports, while these who do own the base game gets nothing of the sort.
That trend has pretty much made the Wii U game selection worthless besides a few games. But I like to think there is a benefit to it, as it gets the games in the hands of more people, especially if the ports get onto consoles that are more popular, or in Persona 5's case, a console that does not have a dedicated game to that series. I recall that both Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze have outsold there counterparts, and P5R being on the Switch is going to introduce many Nintendo fans to the Persona series, especially with Smash raising interest for so many people.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What I'm really curious about for this character is what kind of elements from the game will come along. Is there going to be rpg elements, can we switch personas? anything interesting would make me pay attention.. that and a good playstyle, i guess :)

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'm hoping Joker switching personas will be something like Shulk's Monado Arts, but instead of affecting his base stats, switching personas will alter Joker's other specials (i.e. w/ side-B you could either use Dream Needle with Arsene or Bufula with Jack Frost depending on who you have equipped).

Swapping between Arsene, Jack Frost, and whatever other demon/persona the Smash dev team puts in would be pretty interesting and really play into Joker's status as a wild card. Idk if it would be too hard to balance though.

Top Bottom