• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
There are guides online for the Wardens' request missions - it makes them really easy to complete. I believe you need to fuse two Personas together to make a Matador, with one of the Personas that you're fusing together already having the Magari skill.
so i need to fuse two persona's to get matador all over again for magari? or do i need to fuse one with magari with another for matador? because i have matador and i can't remove anything from him to get magari so do i have to get rid of matador then reclaim him with magari by a fusion?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
so i need to fuse two persona's to get matador all over again for magari? or do i need to fuse one with magari with another for matador? because i have matador and i can't remove anything from him to get magari so do i have to get rid of matador then reclaim him with magari by a fusion?
If you just Google "persona 5 matador with magaru", it will tell you exactly what you need to do.

https://twinfinite.net/2017/04/persona-5-matador-with-magaru-how-get/

You can buy any Persona that you previously had, so as long as you got any of those Personas (Nekomata, Obariyon, Mokoi, or a treasure Persona) at any point, you're good.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello Joker Lovers, i'd like to bring my current status of persona 5, i'm heading into the next part of the story which is were the interogation ends this is were my decisions are made clear, it's the last conversation with sae that matters for the good ending right? can anyone remind me?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hello Joker Lovers, i'd like to bring my current status of persona 5, i'm heading into the next part of the story which is were the interogation ends this is were my decisions are made clear, it's the last conversation with sae that matters for the good ending right? can anyone remind me?
Yes, that's the important part, though it should hopefully be blindingly obvious when it comes to which dialogue options you should pick. (selling out your friends is a terrible idea)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hi Everyone! i just got through sae's palace and made the right choices during the last interrogation, i would like to say thank you for helping me get over my worries of playing the game and helping me get to the right track. i don't know if i can give you anything in return.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hi Everyone! i just got through sae's palace and made the right choices during the last interrogation, i would like to say thank you for helping me get over my worries of playing the game and helping me get to the right track. i don't know if i can give you anything in return.
Just keep us posted on your progress - that's good enough for me, at least!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i have beaten shido and now i am ready for what lies ahead, one more question, there's two good endings one of them is the true one, so without any spoilers given to me, how do i pick both of these endings?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
i have beaten shido and now i am ready for what lies ahead, one more question, there's two good endings one of them is the true one, so without any spoilers given to me, how do i pick both of these endings?
There's a guide to the endings here; as far as I can tell, it's spoiler-free.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay so a certain boss fight in P5 scramble that was shown off in trailers makes me think of a certain scene in Gravity falls.
bba3dad4873489b64ab375d497a9d7ca.jpg

Where A Phantom thief fangurl created a cognition of what she imagined Joker was like in her head. That's the shadow Joker fight.

amageish

Smash Master
i reached rank 9 with Haru and said i like her, i feel really happy.
Nice job! She's a though Confidant to max, due to how late in the game she enters.

Also, for anyone who cares, the SAO x P5 collab has continued with more cosplays.

Makoto/Sinon and Yusuke/Fox kind of surprise me as choices, but they're neat enough overall I guess.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Those SAO crossovers playing the "youll lose the memories here but the experiences will stay etched into your heart" card that the canon spins offs play messes me up royally. Giving off the impression these are canon.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Nice job! She's a though Confidant to max, due to how late in the game she enters.

Also, for anyone who cares, the SAO x P5 collab has continued with more cosplays.

Makoto/Sinon and Yusuke/Fox kind of surprise me as choices, but they're neat enough overall I guess.
They Made Asuna as Noir, this is really playing with my mind right now with continuity for Persona 5.

amageish

Smash Master
Those SAO crossovers playing the "youll lose the memories here but the experiences will stay etched into your heart" card that the canon spins offs play messes me up royally. Giving off the impression these are canon.
Yeah, that was a surprise. I am generally kind of shocked by how much effort has seemingly gone into this crossover. The all-new All-Out Attack feature for the characters... The critical hit animations featuring cut-ins... A relatively-okay-written story with a unique-ish boss. They could have phoned it in more then they did for sure.

They Made Asuna as Noir, this is really playing with my mind right now with continuity for Persona 5.
It's a joke about them both being voiced by Haruka Tomatsu in Japanese. I did a double-take when I saw it as well though.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was a surprise. I am generally kind of shocked by how much effort has seemingly gone into this crossover. The all-new All-Out Attack feature for the characters... The critical hit animations featuring cut-ins... A relatively-okay-written story with a unique-ish boss. They could have phoned it in more then they did for sure.

It's a joke about them both being voiced by Haruka Tomatsu in Japanese. I did a double-take when I saw it as well though.
well that is so neat, but still...

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
With the virus, I can't pick up my P5R Phantom Thief edition since everyone's closed.

I hope I can either get it or get a refund when the crisis is over.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
With the virus, I can't pick up my P5R Phantom Thief edition since everyone's closed.

Where'd you order it from? Because depending on the retailer, maybe they can have it delivered to you instead?

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Where'd you order it from? Because depending on the retailer, maybe they can have it delivered to you instead?
GameStop. There's curbside pick up, but no details and I only paid off half of it.

D

Deleted member

I preordered P5R Phantom Thief edition on Amazon months ago. I hope it won't be a problem for me to get the game.

Not getting that version would actually hurt quite a lot for me. I'm sorry if you can't get the game because of the virus.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I preordered P5R Phantom Thief edition on Amazon months ago. I hope it won't be a problem for me to get the game.

Not getting that version would actually hurt quite a lot for me. I'm sorry if you can't get the game because of the virus.
I'm aware of why I won't for a while at least. I've been wiating to play P5 for a long time. I'm okay with waiting just a little bit longer.

amageish

Smash Master
GameStop. There's curbside pick up, but no details and I only paid off half of it.
Well, hopefully you will be contacted soon enough! It's better safe then sorry for the sake of everyone's health, but it is kind of unfortunate of GameStop to go from "WE'RE AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE AND WILL BE OPEN NO MATTER WHAT" (which is reckless and dangerous) to "heh you don't need to know where you money went" (which seems kind of unprofessional for a business of GameStop's size)...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I know it's not likely, but I'd really like to see them add a "Royal" update or "Royal Pack" that adds in some new spirits, music, and an update to Joker's kit.

Royal Pack
- Spirits of Kasumi Yoshimura and Zenkichi Hasegawa are added to Joker's spirit board
- Life Will Change, Take Over, and You Are Stronger are added to Mementos' music selection
- Joker's Final Smash now adds a third variant (beware spoilers!):
Joker, Morgana, Akechi (specifically white and red outfit so no Royal spoilers), and Kasumi.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I know it's not likely, but I'd really like to see them add a "Royal" update or "Royal Pack" that adds in some new spirits, music, and an update to Joker's kit.

Royal Pack
- Spirits of Kasumi Yoshimura and Zenkichi Hasegawa are added to Joker's spirit board
- Life Will Change, Take Over, and You Are Stronger are added to Mementos' music selection
- Joker's Final Smash now adds a third variant (beware spoilers!):
Joker, Morgana, Akechi (specifically white and red outfit so no Royal spoilers), and Kasumi.
Id rather they do this but include the Scramble Phantom thieves as well.

So a final smash that has Sofi and Wolf.

amageish

Smash Master
Id rather they do this but include the Scramble Phantom thieves as well.

So a final smash that has Sofi and Wolf.
I'm really hoping Koei Techno doesn't retain partial rights to those characters, like they often do for Warriors crossovers. I'd like them to be able to pop up in spin-offs without licensing problems - or them always having to be restricted to DLC...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
How is it non canon, it's literally the same attack but with a different animation
The style of AOA is completely different. Each company is entitled to reference their properties as they please, but considering Sofi and Wolf aren't in 5 or Royal, and thus don't have proper cut-ins, Atlus may not want that referenced in that way.

D

Deleted member

I've been asking a spanish partner from Discord about the spanish translation of Persona 5 Royal without giving me spoilers.

Apparently, they say the translations are really well done and they even translated effects such as when a text appears in the overworld saying *whispers* (which gets translated to *susurros*).

I am honestly really glad that Atlus has seemingly gone through quite a great amount of effort for this translation. Hopefully Persona 5 Strikers also gets a spanish translation.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wonder how different the localization of Royal is too the original game.

Legitimate concern is that they'll shove politics where there wasn't in the original and shove it in your face, especially knowing they censored some stuff.

amageish

Smash Master
The style of AOA is completely different. Each company is entitled to reference their properties as they please, but considering Sofi and Wolf aren't in 5 or Royal, and thus don't have proper cut-ins, Atlus may not want that referenced in that way.
It's possible, but I don't think it'd be the biggest liberty Smash has taken with a final smash. I admit it'd be kind of weird given how the rest of Joker's moveset is so accurate though.

If Joker does remain in Smash Ultimate 2, or whatever comes next to the franchise, then I imagine they'd at least add the remaining Phantom Thieves to the background of Mementos...

I wonder how different the localization of Royal is too the original game.

Legitimate concern is that they'll shove politics where there wasn't in the original and shove it in your face, especially knowing they censored some stuff.
I'm... not convinced that they could be any less subtle about the political themes then the original game was, honestly? The final main palace of that game isn't exactly politically subtle.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm... not convinced that they could be any less subtle about the political themes then the original game was, honestly? The final main palace of that game isn't exactly politically subtle.
However that's just the framing device of the plot. It's not exactly prevalent throughout the whole game.

I'm talking about like if they randomly went "Orange man bad!" Or "let's crush the patriarchy!" Over and over again. The kind of stuff you see in western media that's ruined good storytelling and some localizations of eastern media.

amageish

Smash Master
However that's just the framing device of the plot. It's not exactly prevalent throughout the whole game.

I'm talking about like if they randomly went "Orange man bad!" Or "let's crush the patriarchy!" Over and over again. The kind of stuff you see in western media that's ruined good storytelling and some localizations of eastern media.
But... It is prevalent through the whole game?

The entire game is about taking down powerful men who don't care about the layperson. Shido is the person responsible for Joker's first arrest, appears again after the first palace, and his palace directly ties all the other palace-owners (expect Futuba and Sae) back to him through political and economic means. Yes, the theme of the game is one of "unjust society," but that's an inherently political concept.

That said, I doubt they'll try to insert any real-world political figures into the game or anything... I'm just saying that the game is hardly apolitical as-is and I think it's kind of silly to worry about it having politics now.

Top Bottom