• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I would love to see all of the Persona games ported to the Switch, namely P4 Golden and P5 Royal (the latter I don't understand why it's not on Switch). I do think they would port P3 FES, but I wouldn't mind a slight update that gives us control over the party like in Portable.
At least we have a month left for the Royal and I am looking forward to it. Scramble is also looking cool!

amageish

Smash Master
I would love to see all of the Persona games ported to the Switch, namely P4 Golden and P5 Royal (the latter I don't understand why it's not on Switch). I do think they would port P3 FES, but I wouldn't mind a slight update that gives us control over the party like in Portable.
The contracts behind ATLUS games are one of life's great mysteries haha... I still am of the mind their agreement with Sony must go beyond product placement to some degree, but we don't really know....

I feel like they would wait to make a P3 Definitive Edition instead of going back and trying to make P3FES/P3P better for a port?

It's a wonder that they were ballsy enough to bring back TMS at all.
To be fair, TMS#FE is done by their ATLUS B-Team, who don't exactly have many profitable IPs... Etrian Odyssey has never sold especially well and will be in need of major gameplay shake-ups in order to make the transaction to Switch and I don't believe Radiant Historia is going to become the next big JRPG franchises (though it will probably get clickbait-y videos with titles like "THE AMAZING DS ATLUS JRPG NOBODY REMEMBERS" in 2-3 years).

amageish

Smash Master
Catherine Full Body (and also XCOM 2 Collection) has been rated for Switch in South Korea.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see these in the next Direct, whenever it happens. Additionally, assuming it amounts to something, this confirms that ATLUS was pulling a "Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight" with the survey and asking about some things that were actually in development the whole time, as the filing for the rating was before the survey even happened.

This does make me kind of curious about how Arena and Dancing were both not on the survey at all... Are they not interested in porting those games then? Part of me wondered if they weren't there as they were already planning ports of them (ArcSys has been adding their backlog to Switch slowly over time and Switch is pretty big for rhythm games already), but if they asked about Catherine a few weeks after the game was filed for rating, then that seems less likely to me...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, good thing I was going to buy Scramble on the Switch anyway. Even as someone that's not really into this kind of gender relationship at all I find the decision to take that out to be shortsighted. I'll still get Royal, but this really isn't the kind of censorship you should do in today's society when even Fire Emblem eventually left it as is stateside. What sucks is that ATLUS isn't going to budge their mainline entries one iota unless a piece of Sony hardware comes out in the near future.

Also...

>ResetERA is behind this
This does not surprise me in the slightest. No pun intended. Can someone steal their hearts?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Well, good thing I was going to buy Scramble on the Switch anyway. Even as someone that's not really into this kind of gender relationship at all I find the decision to take that out to be shortsighted. I'll still get Royal, but this really isn't the kind of censorship you should do in today's society when even Fire Emblem eventually left it as is stateside. What sucks is that ATLUS isn't going to budge their mainline entries one iota unless a piece of Sony hardware comes out in the near future.

Also...

>ResetERA is behind this
This does not surprise me in the slightest. No pun intended. Can someone steal their hearts?
Sorry, but, what? How is taking depiction of a gay couple flirting with an underaged man who is not consenting "shortsighted" or "[not] the kind of censorship you should do in today's society"? It sounds like they will still be a gay couple, but just won't be played as predatory for a joke (a joke that was also thematically and tonally inconsistent with the game as a whole). That is definitely an improvement? This is a pretty boring localization change and I do not understand why anyone would be upset about it in the least.

I also don't see this being related to Sony's policies on sexualized content at all, as... well... it isn't? If they were removing panty shots, then that'd be something, but this is just... removing homophobic dialogue. Sony doesn't have any policies related to that and, given the comment about it from the Communications Manager, I would expect this change to remain in the Switch version if it ever got a port.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, first off: I hope ResetEra moderators do punish people who make death threats or any violent remarks, as those are obviously revolting.

That said, guys, I don't think that these changes are because of ResetEra at all? I don't use the site at all myself (I'm mostly familiar with it because of leakers on the internet), but I still have seen those scenes be criticized a lot. They were criticized in reviews by a variety of big and small publications after the game came out. They were re-criticized after Joker was put in Smash. They were re-re-criticized when people were weighing Game of the Decade lists. Heck, they've been discussed and criticized multiple times within this very thread. I don't think they would be influenced by one relatively-small game forum, regardless of if admins there have ties to the games industry. It seems far more likely to me that it was, well, what the Communications person said: ATLUS employees were uncomfortable with the dialogue and, seeing that that was the popular reaction as well, figured it was worth changing it.

hey phantom thieve supporters, did anyone see the trend of persona games for switch this morning?
Yeah, though I honestly find the rating of Catherine Full Body in South Korea to be more hope-inspiring then the comment this morning, as it's not like ATLUS West employees have direct power over what gets ported...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...na_5_switch_port_tells_fans_to_remain_hopeful

Yeah, words are one thing, but action speaking louder is what matters most. Not that the Western branch even factors into any of this to begin with.

Also, one last thing to mention about censorship: there was a case for CTR Nitro-Fueled about some exotic skin names accidentally having racial connotations or descriptions (up to and including "White"), ResetERA people complained about those, then they later got changed. Sounds pretty coincidental...

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also, one last thing to mention about censorship: there was a case for CTR Nitro-Fueled about some exotic skin names accidentally having racial connotations or descriptions (up to and including "White"), ResetERA people complained about those, then they later got changed. Sounds pretty coincidental...
A. it's not a good idea to target other sites, or make generalizations about everyone who uses them.

B. if the skin names had racial connotations/descriptions, then it seems to be for the best that they were changed. Maybe the developers didn't think of it that way, and didn't realize how it could be taken until it was pointed out. (I remember something like that happening with the Friday the 13th game)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
hey phantoms thieve lovers, i have finish futaba's palace and am continuing my day, but recently the messages from joker's friends have been leaving me a bit worried. without giving me any spoilers do i have to do something else after finishing up futaba's palace?

amageish

Smash Master
This also has nothing to do with ATLUS, which is a different company changing something that has been wildly criticized across the internet. The only reason to blame ResetERA is that people want a reoccuring villain in the story of "censorship" and the broad concept of ResetEra (a website which, I assume, has a variety of people on it with a variety of opinions) fits the bill...

Anyway... We're getting an Animal Crossing Direct this week. Nintendo seems very into specialized directs/broadcasts lately... I wonder how long it'll be before a regular one.

That said, I do have one unlikely Persona-related hope for Animal Crossing. I really liked the amiibo support of New Leaf, where certain amiibo could unlock related villagers in Animal Crossing, such as Wolf Link unlocked by Link amiibo. I know amiibo aren't as big of a deal anymore, but given how many Animal Crossing amiibo already exist, I'd be surprised if they didn't have some sort of amiibo support in New Horizons.

Imagine if the Joker amiibo (assuming it happens, eventually) unlocked Morgana in New Horizons as a villager?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
ResetEra (a website which, I assume, has a variety of people on it with a variety of opinions) fits the bill...
Just want to say that I've been on reset era aaaaand this isn't exactly true, from what I've seen people with different opinions tend to get buried while most of the users share more or less the same opinion... And it's honestly really freaky so I can easily see why it's the scapegoat.

Like, I'm not gonna name names or anything but most of the people there have extreme hatred for P5 for no reason.

Imagine if the Joker amiibo (assuming it happens, eventually) unlocked Morgana in New Horizons as a villager?
Oh. My. God. This would be INCREDIBLE.
And student Joker's amiibo unlocks teddy and Koromaru.

amageish

Smash Master
Just want to say that I've been on reset era aaaaand this isn't exactly true, from what I've seen people with different opinions tend to get buried while most of the users share more or less the same opinion... And it's honestly really freaky so I can easily see why it's the scapegoat.
Okay, but that doesn't exactly justify scapegoating? ResetEra is an online forum, so I'm not super shocked that it develops a broad set of opinions over time, but it isn't always responsible when companies act in accordance with those opinions. Heck, the ATLUS rep here explicitly said that it was internal staffers who were uncomfortable with the scene at first.

Oh. My. God. This would be INCREDIBLE.
And student Joker's amiibo unlocks teddy and Koromaru.
Right? It'd be negotiations that are probably not worth it for Nintendo, but also ATLUS is seemingly very easy to work with. I mean, P5R is currently having a very extensive event in a Sword Art Online mobile game and Bezerk characters are now coming to the Shin Megami Tensei mobile game... I'd be very very happy if it happened, as I did really like those amiibo crossover characters last game and would love to see them expanded in this one.

Morgana strikes me as the most Animal-Crossing-alike design-wise, but it'd be great to see further representation.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
hey guys, i am taking back the question i asked yesterday back since it's more likely that i do not need to worry about anything else after futaba's palace, i was just a little scared from all the messages from the phone.

amageish

Smash Master
hey guys, i am taking back the question i asked yesterday back since it's more likely that i do not need to worry about anything else after futaba's palace, i was just a little scared from all the messages from the phone.
I believe there are some barriers in the palace which require you to exit the palace exploration and do things in the real world. If you're worried, I'd suggest just getting the palace out of the way as fast as possible.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I believe there are some barriers in the palace which require you to exit the palace exploration and do things in the real world. If you're worried, I'd suggest just getting the palace out of the way as fast as possible.
i did finish the palace, my only concern is why are my friends still worrying? and why are there still leaks floating around?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
i did finish the palace, my only concern is why are my friends still worrying? and why are there still leaks floating around?
It doesn't get resolved until your calendar reaches the deadline. Just keep playing, and as long as you've finished the palace, it will be dealt with in the story.

amageish

Smash Master
Oooooooooooooooh. Yes, people continue to discuss palace-related fears until up to the final date where you technically could have completed the palace.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It doesn't get resolved until your calendar reaches the deadline. Just keep playing, and as long as you've finished the palace, it will be dealt with in the story.
Oooooooooooooooh. Yes, people continue to discuss palace-related fears until up to the final date where you technically could have completed the palace.
Soooo, everything okay? i don't have to fear for the possibility that there was something missing then.

D

Deleted member

Soooo, everything okay? i don't have to fear for the possibility that there was something missing then.
It happens with every Palace really. As long as you beat the Palace boss, you are fine.
Futaba is fine, she just needs to rest... and she conveniently wakes up on the day of the deadline.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
hello again, i have yet another question to ask, so the twin wardens ask me for a matador persona with magari, i do have a matador but not magari so i want to know if i can remove attacks from my persona and try to take them off my mask and get them back again to add another attack, does anyone know?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
hello again, i have yet another question to ask, so the twin wardens ask me for a matador persona with magari, i do have a matador but not magari so i want to know if i can remove attacks from my persona and try to take them off my mask and get them back again to add another attack, does anyone know?
There are guides online for the Wardens' request missions - it makes them really easy to complete. I believe you need to fuse two Personas together to make a Matador, with one of the Personas that you're fusing together already having the Magari skill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom