• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

amageish

Smash Master
Also also, where I come from, we just got the first volume of the manga imported. Knowing the characters doesn't work that well when you barely see a fraction of the plot before playing Strikers...
This is a comment made in Japanese to a Japanese news publication, as translated by Nintendo Everything. I don't think he was really expecting to be addressing the general audience worldwide.

Honestly, I think it's a pretty boring comment. "You don't have to play P5(R), but knowledge of it will enhance the experience, which can be gained through a variety of ways." This is true of basically every Warriors spin-off game...

I've been thinking about picking PQ2 recently.
If you haven't played an Etrian Odyssey game before, I'd recommend trying out the demo of one of those from the eShop to make sure the gameplay is up your alley. If it is, then it's a pretty solid title!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
ATLUS surveys are weird, as they sometimes ask about things they're currently developing (ex/ Persona 3/5 Dancing) and other times about things they never make (ex/ a Persona FPS). The port question being there at all is interesting though, especially as they do have other questions about console support that aren't as elaborate as the Switch ones.

P5S proves that Persona 5 models can work on Switch, if they're not especially pretty. Persona 5 Royal and Catherine Full Body getting ports would make a decent amount of sense. I'm not 100% convinced that Persona 4 Golden would look great if docked on Switch, but they could maybe do some touch-ups? Persona 3 would be interesting, though I don't know what version they would port.

That said, let's not get too hyped. Switch ports was one question on a long-ass survey.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

amageish

Smash Master
It feels pretty weird to actually see Nocturne and the Persona duology being acknowledged as existing.
I get the Persona 1/2 references being weird, but how is it odd to mention Nocturne? They're still aware its the biggest SMT game and have even made comments about a possible remake of it after SMTV (eventually) comes out.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, i'm already down to my 3rd palaces in persona 5 and iv'e gotten a lot of confidants, though it's beginning to get tough trying to reach out to them and staying in chat with them while being busy with activities such as crafting and part time jobs.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It feels pretty weird to actually see Nocturne and the Persona duology being acknowledged as existing.
They put P1/P2 in surveys all the time and both P5D and P5S got music DLC from them.

Can we kill the "ATLUS ignores first games' existence" meme?

amageish

Smash Master
That's fair, I was just saying because it still hasn't been ported to anything.
Fair! Demifiend pops up pretty often though.

Hey Guys, i'm already down to my 3rd palaces in persona 5 and iv'e gotten a lot of confidants, though it's beginning to get tough trying to reach out to them and staying in chat with them while being busy with activities such as crafting and part time jobs.
That is an accurate description of how Persona works mechanically haha. Time management isn't supposed to be easy and sacrifices happen.

They put P1/P2 in surveys all the time and both P5D and P5S got music DLC from them.

I'm not surprised they were in the survey by any means, but I am kind of surprised they were in the Switch port section. SMT1/2/If weren't there, in spite of being theoretically easy ports (at least in Japan), so seeing P1/2 on list is kind of "Oh. Neat!". I'd love it if they happened though.

Well, I'd love it if 2 happened. I don't think 1 has aged well, even with the better PSP version.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Phantom Thieves, currently i'm heading towards futaba's story but i might take a break to start playing sonic the hedgehog(2006) anyways, i'd like to ask another question, Haru is the girl i'm currently progressing through the game to be with but there are a few others who are interesting me such as Ann, Hifumi, and Chihaya. since i am not going into a harem route i do want to make separate files for each of the girls i'm interested in, but does going with them in separate story files still affect the game?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I can't think of a time where Atlus actually remembers P2's existence.

amageish

Smash Master
For whatever reason, SMT 1 and 2 pretty much stopped getting ports after the early days, so you'd think those two would be mentioned, especially since the franchise started out on Nintendo hardware as MT.
Yes. SMT1 is only available in English on smart phones and hasn't even gotten compatibility updates lately...

anyways, i'd like to ask another question, Haru is the girl i'm currently progressing through the game to be with but there are a few others who are interesting me such as Ann, Hifumi, and Chihaya. since i am not going into a harem route i do want to make separate files for each of the girls i'm interested in, but does going with them in separate story files still affect the game?
There is no effect on anything in the game by doing different routes on different save files. If you do different romances in a NG+, then you can slowly collect all of the Valentine's Day candy; however, that has no real benefit beyond pointless bragging rights. That said, I'm not entirely convinced it'd be worth replaying it yourself to see multiple romance routes when YouTube exists.

I can't think of a time where Atlus actually remembers P2's existence.
I mean, Persona 2 music was played at last year's P-Sound, plus it was DLC in Persona 3/5 Dancing. They also had school uniforms from it on display as part of the Persona series history museum. School uniforms from it were DLC in P5 and, in possibly the most overt and weirdest reference, Elizabeth dresses like Mitsugi for Persona Q2.

Like, yeah, it'd be cool if a (middle-aged at this point) Maya appeared in Arena at some point for an actual physical cameo, but it's not like the games are wholly non-present.

amageish

Smash Master
Replaying for any reason, however silly, is as good as any. That's why achievement systems exist (well, besides competition and bragging rights).
Oh, yeah. And if you want to play the game multiple times, then the romance system definitely provides an excuse for it as well.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh, yeah. And if you want to play the game multiple times, then the romance system definitely provides an excuse for it as well.
I've tried this but when Makoto joins the team I always fall back on her.

I think I have a problem

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
mmmm, all sounds nice but i'm a busy man who is trying to have time with other games i have in my roster.

amageish

Smash Master
I've tried this but when Makoto joins the team I always fall back on her.

I think I have a problem
That's fair haha. I have a similar problem in Catherine Full Body, though that's arguably worse as the romance option you choose in that game decides... everything.

mmmm, all sounds nice but i'm a busy man who is trying to have time with other games i have in my roster.
Totally valid! If that's the case, then it is easier to just look up dates on YouTube after the fact. You could split saves, but the odds are that you'd be finishing certain confidants (ex/ Ann) fairly early into the game and would have ~30 hours of playtime to get to their Valentine's Event.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
That's fair haha. I have a similar problem in Catherine Full Body, though that's arguably worse as the romance option you choose in that game decides... everything.

Totally valid! If that's the case, then it is easier to just look up dates on YouTube after the fact. You could split saves, but the odds are that you'd be finishing certain confidants (ex/ Ann) fairly early into the game and would have ~30 hours of playtime to get to their Valentine's Event.
i have seen the confidants online before to see what happens, but that was back when i thought i'll never play the game because of the forced romances. so ya i'm not going to do it again now that i'm playing the game. also i don't want to go on youtube or google for help on the game no more i'd rather ask for help.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

amageish

Smash Master
Catherine is the only romancing game (besides Harvest Moon series) where being a virgin is a viable option.

By the way, we may be getting some good swag, hee-ho: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...d_nendoroid_and_figma_at_wonder_festival_2020
Well, "virgin" may be stretching it slightly in Catherine's case, but true! I just feel like the remake added a best ending and I feel bad about not going for it haha.

I like the Black Frost Nendoroid a lot! I'm glad they're expanding their demon/shadow selection alongside the human characters. Good Smile Company could very easily take all of my money and I need to be careful haha.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Are we sure it's tradition and not a deal with Sony
Well we still got Strikers on the Switch, because Koei Tecmo don't care about rules and contracts, apparently.

Also, it doesn't explain why ports for some of the older SMTverse games don't happen (even the first two SMTs, which somehow stopped getting any after the 90s), they could have easily have been on the PSN or something. The DS games and Soul Hackers got remade on the 3DS before Nocturne got anything new, for Pete's sake.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...king_about_switch_ports_exceeded_expectations

As expected, the response for a Switch port got the most demand.

Now, we wait and see if Atlus remains being a bunch of :ultdk:s in regards to their traditions...
Remember like 2 pages ago when I was like “Man, I wish news outlets would stop writing articles about minor news that would never be covered if they didn’t expect people to argue about a Persona 5 port in the comments!” Yeah, that sure seems like the case here.

The annual survey, which asked about everything from Switch ports to Stadia support to if you think Project Re:Fantasy has appealing characters based on 4 pieces of concept art, had a record number of responses. We don’t know what said responses were or how ATLUS will react. The headline here is very very misleading and frames it as if a 40+ question survey was just about Switch games, or as if we know that the Switch question was definitely the one getting the most feedback (not that that would be possible as I believe all questions were mandatory). It’s very possible it got strong feedback, but it also makes sense that the survey would get the most responses right now as at ATLUS is at its highest-profile ever?

Are we sure it's tradition and not a deal with Sony
We’re not sure. We know Sony has some sort of agreement with P-Team for product placement (especially in the anime, where the Phantom Thieves assume that the government could never trace their Sony smartphones) and we know there are some Sony executives in credits for Persona games. If there is any further contract beyond that, we don’t know.

That said, there is definitely a difference between an exclusivity agreement for main series games and spin-offs. Nobody says that Sony owns the IP. Question is if Persona 5 is an exclusive, much like how, say, Shadow of the Tomb Raider was briefly exclusive to Xbox without Microsoft controlling the IP or spin-offs.

Also, it doesn't explain why ports for some of the older SMTverse games don't happen (even the first two SMTs, which somehow stopped getting any after the 90s), they could have easily have been on the PSN or something. The DS games and Soul Hackers got remade on the 3DS before Nocturne got anything new, for Pete's sake.
Nocturne is on PSN. The first two SMTs has mobile ports, as ATLUS decided to port them during the short period where mobile ports of big-name video games was a trend. They must not have done very well though, as they were never updated to being compatible with modern-day devices. This means we’re back to having no official way to play SMT1 in English...

amageish

Smash Master
In any case, things are slow for news right now. Outside of an assumption from Zippo in regards to two Directs sometime this month, things are pretty dead. The W101 Kickstarter was the biggest news we got this month so far.
That is true, though the 100+ comments most Persona-related articles get makes me feel like they are just doing this on purpose at this point?

Hopefully we do get a Direct soon. People are very thirsty for one and may burn down the entire leaker/insider community if one doesn't happen haha...

Also, Persona 5 Strikers has had its Traditional Chinese and Korean localizations confirmed for June 18, 2020. Given the usual gap between those localizations and English localizations, I think we can safely expect Strikers will be July/August in English, assuming that ATLUS West has had the staff to balance it with Royal's localization. Part of me wouldn't be shocked if that was confirmed next Direct, which would... result in another saltstorm.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Also, Persona 5 Strikers has had its Traditional Chinese and Korean localizations confirmed for June 18, 2020. Given the usual gap between those localizations and English localizations, I think we can safely expect Strikers will be July/August in English, assuming that ATLUS West has had the staff to balance it with Royal's localization. Part of me wouldn't be shocked if that was confirmed next Direct, which would... result in another saltstorm.
Screenshot_20200106-124521.png

Is that so? I can't wait for June then!

amageish

Smash Master
Is that so? I can't wait for June then!
They're usually a month or two after one another, so I fully like Strikers being a summer release makes sense. The potential problem is that Royal is a big commitment already and ATLUS West is kind of small. Hopefully they have Koei helping them out with Strikers?

Top Bottom