• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I beat Persona 5 Royal the other night.
I love Persona 5 and the Royal made me love it even more. The improvement to the combat with the buffs to Baton Pass and guns was greatly appreciated; the buffs to Ryuji's Insta-Kill are also appreciated in order to save some time in Mementos. I enjoyed the new events and locations they added, especially to really establish that the Thieves are close group of friends working together. The third semester was great (and I loved the new Palace) and I do enjoy the new characters. Kasumi is one of my favorite Persona characters, but my complaint with her is that it takes a long time until you truly get to love her and I wish she joined earlier.
I also enjoyed how Akechi was handled. They made a character that I didn't like into one that I wish had more screentime. Him being an angry navigator was brilliant and I sometimes look at his quotes just for laughs. His quote during the final boss fight is also great. Still, in terms of Persona villains, I will always prefer the culprit in Persona 4.

Overall, if you haven't played Persona 5, the Royal is a great place to start. If you have played P5 before, I say Royal is a great way to return to the game.

amageish

Smash Master
I beat P5R! It's very good. I'm generally super impressed how many minor improvements they made onto what was already one of my favourite games of all times. As everyone has said, restructuring the combat around baton pass really really really helped improve the game's flow. I hope all future games keep both that and Showtime attacks as mechanics, as they really go a long way to improving the gameplay.

I really like how Akechi was handled. I know people were worried about him being too romanticized, so I love how they just double-downed on him being the most moral morally-corrupt character ever. His new confidant is also easily one of my favourites.

Yoshizawa is a fascinating character and definitely is one of my favourite Persona characters now. That said, I feel like they should have played up how she disagrees with the Thieves more during the third term. Her comment that she doesn't agree with the Thieves because they don't let people work on their own problems, so it makes complete sense that she joins to fight the new villain and only the new villain... but they don't, like, say that? So, when Yusuke comments on her disagreeing with the Thieves in the ending, it felt very "Oh yeah... I guess she did say that 70 hours ago...". It just feels odd that a game that usually isn't shy from letting characters grandstand about their justice doesn't clearly establish if Yoshizawa was intending on being a permanent addition to the Thieves or not.

The new ending is also fantastic. I like how it leads into P5S in a kind of subtle way - or at least I assume that the fact everyone is moving away to different towns will connect to P5S being a road trip around Japan. It feels like a natural ending for everyone to take a more active role in perusing their dreams. It was very bittersweet and heartfelt.

White Day is one of the cutest dates in the entire franchise. It's nice to see a more normal date, as opposed to how Valentine's typically involves the characters reflecting on their role in the 100-hour-long story that was just completed. Also, IDK if every character does this, but Yoshizawa says "I never saw it coming!" when you present her the flowers and I found that exceptionally funny. I'm glad that they were sparing with the Persona in-jokes, as it made the few they did put in all the funnier.

That said, my dream of seeing a slice-of-life scene at Destinyland where the characters actually are shown riding rides still didn't happen... Oh well... Maybe next game...

So, yeah. It's a great game. Highly recommended to everyone.

D

Deleted member

I beat P5R! It's very good. I'm generally super impressed how many minor improvements they made onto what was already one of my favourite games of all times. As everyone has said, restructuring the combat around baton pass really really really helped improve the game's flow. I hope all future games keep both that and Showtime attacks as mechanics, as they really go a long way to improving the gameplay.

I really like how Akechi was handled. I know people were worried about him being too romanticized, so I love how they just double-downed on him being the most moral morally-corrupt character ever. His new confidant is also easily one of my favourites.

Yoshizawa is a fascinating character and definitely is one of my favourite Persona characters now. That said, I feel like they should have played up how she disagrees with the Thieves more during the third term. Her comment that she doesn't agree with the Thieves because they don't let people work on their own problems, so it makes complete sense that she joins to fight the new villain and only the new villain... but they don't, like, say that? So, when Yusuke comments on her disagreeing with the Thieves in the ending, it felt very "Oh yeah... I guess she did say that 70 hours ago...". It just feels odd that a game that usually isn't shy from letting characters grandstand about their justice doesn't clearly establish if Yoshizawa was intending on being a permanent addition to the Thieves or not.

The new ending is also fantastic. I like how it leads into P5S in a kind of subtle way - or at least I assume that the fact everyone is moving away to different towns will connect to P5S being a road trip around Japan. It feels like a natural ending for everyone to take a more active role in perusing their dreams. It was very bittersweet and heartfelt.

White Day is one of the cutest dates in the entire franchise. It's nice to see a more normal date, as opposed to how Valentine's typically involves the characters reflecting on their role in the 100-hour-long story that was just completed. Also, IDK if every character does this, but Yoshizawa says "I never saw it coming!" when you present her the flowers and I found that exceptionally funny. I'm glad that they were sparing with the Persona in-jokes, as it made the few they did put in all the funnier.

That said, my dream of seeing a slice-of-life scene at Destinyland where the characters actually are shown riding rides still didn't happen... Oh well... Maybe next game...

So, yeah. It's a great game. Highly recommended to everyone.
I think that it's implied that Kasumi is not a permanent addition to the Phantom Thieves. She sees them as good people and she looks up to Joker, but she still doesn't agree with their methods. Though... it's ironic given her backstory. She goes on her own path while focusing on gymnastics.

Despite this, I am sure she will return for the inevitable Persona 5 Arena. They could mention her in Scramble by saying she is busy abroad.

amageish

Smash Master
I think that it's implied that Kasumi is not a permanent addition to the Phantom Thieves. She sees them as good people and she looks up to Joker, but she still doesn't agree with their methods. Though... it's ironic given her backstory. She goes on her own path while focusing on gymnastics.

Despite this, I am sure she will return for the inevitable Persona 5 Arena. They could mention her in Scramble by saying she is busy abroad.
Yeah, I definitely think that was intention, but it isn't made clear and she is still in the Thieves group-chat after the palace is done. Is she just destined to become that one friend who never posts in the group chat but nobody is willing to remove them as they feel that would be a personal slight?

I do really like the irony of her not agreeing with the Thieves, as you could say that she knows better then anyone... or you just could say she's just a hypocrite.

Yeah, I assume she's in the long haul for spin-offs (after Scramble). I wouldn't be too shocked if Arena had both her and the third-term villain, honestly (at least as DLC, though I'd hope she'd be in the base roster).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I definitely think that was intention, but it isn't made clear and she is still in the Thieves group-chat after the palace is done. Is she just destined to become that one friend who never posts in the group chat but nobody is willing to remove them as they feel that would be a personal slight?

I do really like the irony of her not agreeing with the Thieves, as you could say that she knows better then anyone... or you just could say she's just a hypocrite.

Yeah, I assume she's in the long haul for spin-offs (after Scramble). I wouldn't be too shocked if Arena had both her and the third-term villain, honestly (at least as DLC, though I'd hope she'd be in the base roster).
I wouldn't be surprised if they randomly made an update to Scramble where she is playable (maybe along with Akechi) if or when the game gets localized. Of course her appearance is not canon. I can see her be a very popular character among the fandom.

For P5A, I can see Kasumi be a base-game character while third-term villain is DLC but has a presence in the story.

Actually for P5A, I have thought of what could be the plot of the game. It would take place after the events of Scramble and Kasumi makes a surprise visit to Leblanc. However, Leblanc also has another surprise visitor in Mitsuru. It would be revealed that Jose was created by the Kirijo Group (in a similar way as Aigis and Labrys) to gain access to and have an understanding of the Metaverse. Through Jose, the Group found out the identities of the Phantom Thieves but has no intention of revealing them.
My theory is that there is a much bigger threat in Mementos that was lurking in there. Jose was sent to Mementos to understand that world and to discover if the shadow has any weaknesses. The acts of the third-term villain made the shadow stronger and is looking to merge the real world with the cognitive world once more. Mitsuru then requests the help from the Phantom Thieves, but their disbanding makes it more difficult. At the very least, Joker gains help from Morgana and Kasumi offers to join. Mitsuru also joins with Aigis, Yu, and Naoto for extra help.
Meanwhile, Akechi gets pulled into the situation. A villainous character is trying to use Akechi for his own means and distort the cognition of the real world. Akechi then enlists the help of the third-term villain to understand how he did it and what they are up against. This would also set up that duel that P5R was hyping up between Joker and Akechi.

amageish

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if they randomly made an update to Scramble where she is playable (maybe along with Akechi) if or when the game gets localized. Of course her appearance is not canon. I can see her be a very popular character among the fandom.

For P5A, I can see Kasumi be a base-game character while third-term villain is DLC but has a presence in the story.

Actually for P5A, I have thought of what could be the plot of the game. It would take place after the events of Scramble and Kasumi makes a surprise visit to Leblanc. However, Leblanc also has another surprise visitor in Mitsuru. It would be revealed that Jose was created by the Kirijo Group (in a similar way as Aigis and Labrys) to gain access to and have an understanding of the Metaverse. Through Jose, the Group found out the identities of the Phantom Thieves but has no intention of revealing them.
My theory is that there is a much bigger threat in Mementos that was lurking in there. Jose was sent to Mementos to understand that world and to discover if the shadow has any weaknesses. The acts of the third-term villain made the shadow stronger and is looking to merge the real world with the cognitive world once more. Mitsuru then requests the help from the Phantom Thieves, but their disbanding makes it more difficult. At the very least, Joker gains help from Morgana and Kasumi offers to join. Mitsuru also joins with Aigis, Yu, and Naoto for extra help.
Meanwhile, Akechi gets pulled into the situation. A villainous character is trying to use Akechi for his own means and distort the cognition of the real world. Akechi then enlists the help of the third-term villain to understand how he did it and what they are up against. This would also set up that duel that P5R was hyping up between Joker and Akechi.
I wouldn't be too shocked about that. I was expecting the game to get DLC, but maybe they are just waiting for a western release. I could see some sort of side-story from Yoshizawa's PoV where there is an extra dungeon that he aligns with Akechi and a playable Lavenza to defeat... some sort of bad guy.

Yes, that makes sense for sure.

I really like that explanation of Jose! Definitely makes sense and would explain why he looks so... robotic-y. I'm unsure if they could pull the merger-threat a third time (granted, no idea what happens in Scramble), but Mementos having some sort of larger evil would make sense. Or, heck, maybe that's where door-kun has ended up among all the metaverse-shifting - they really do need to wrap up the Elizabeth's quest plotline. I like the idea of remaking the Thieves in a cross-generation way as well.

I have two primary questions about P5A: (i) To what degree will returning characters be redesigned (is it just a slight age-up, or does everyone get Phantom Suits based on their inner rebellions)? and (ii) How large is the roster?. As some ArcSys games don't have very large starting rosters (looking at you Granblue) and if all characters are effectively going to be the work of an all-new character, then... I'm not sure how many people we can realistically expect in the game. P5 already has so many possible characters, given the base games' thieves/velvet-room-attendants and the additions of Royal/Strikers.... I don't think they can call a game Persona 5 Arena and also make any of the OG Thieves DLC without starting a riot; however, I also don't think they can make all 3/4 characters DLC without also pissing people right the **** off.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be too shocked about that. I was expecting the game to get DLC, but maybe they are just waiting for a western release. I could see some sort of side-story from Yoshizawa's PoV where there is an extra dungeon that he aligns with Akechi and a playable Lavenza to defeat... some sort of bad guy.

Yes, that makes sense for sure.

I really like that explanation of Jose! Definitely makes sense and would explain why he looks so... robotic-y. I'm unsure if they could pull the merger-threat a third time (granted, no idea what happens in Scramble), but Mementos having some sort of larger evil would make sense. Or, heck, maybe that's where door-kun has ended up among all the metaverse-shifting - they really do need to wrap up the Elizabeth's quest plotline. I like the idea of remaking the Thieves in a cross-generation way as well.

I have two primary questions about P5A: (i) To what degree will returning characters be redesigned (is it just a slight age-up, or does everyone get Phantom Suits based on their inner rebellions)? and (ii) How large is the roster?. As some ArcSys games don't have very large starting rosters (looking at you Granblue) and if all characters are effectively going to be the work of an all-new character, then... I'm not sure how many people we can realistically expect in the game. P5 already has so many possible characters, given the base games' thieves/velvet-room-attendants and the additions of Royal/Strikers.... I don't think they can call a game Persona 5 Arena and also make any of the OG Thieves DLC without starting a riot; however, I also don't think they can make all 3/4 characters DLC without also pissing people right the **** off.
I can see that too, or they are just add-ons and are just non-canon to the story but you can still play as them in P5S. I was expecting the roster to be bigger in Scramble given how large Warriors games are with their rosters, but I was wrong.

The way I was thinking they would handle the Thieves would be that they would go back to their normal lives, but they are dragged into this mess somehow. Either they are being manipulated or being pulled in by some unknown force. They would have to fight each other because of said manipulation.
To answer your questions:
1. I say the P3 cast gets a slight age increase with minimal design changes. The P4 characters get a new design to reflect their new lives and jobs as well as an age increase.
2. The roster would be the OG Thieves, Kasumi, Akechi, Mitsuru, Aigis, Yu, Naoto, and some OC or two at the start. Over time they could add DLC characters like Maruki, Akihiko, Yukari, the Scramble guys, Yosuke, Chie, and Adachi. Given Arc Sys's current game development though, I would not be surprised if the base roster wasn't that big.

amageish

Smash Master
I can see that too, or they are just add-ons and are just non-canon to the story but you can still play as them in P5S. I was expecting the roster to be bigger in Scramble given how large Warriors games are with their rosters, but I was wrong.

The way I was thinking they would handle the Thieves would be that they would go back to their normal lives, but they are dragged into this mess somehow. Either they are being manipulated or being pulled in by some unknown force. They would have to fight each other because of said manipulation.
To answer your questions:
1. I say the P3 cast gets a slight age increase with minimal design changes. The P4 characters get a new design to reflect their new lives and jobs as well as an age increase.
2. The roster would be the OG Thieves, Kasumi, Akechi, Mitsuru, Aigis, Yu, Naoto, and some OC or two at the start. Over time they could add DLC characters like Maruki, Akihiko, Yukari, the Scramble guys, Yosuke, Chie, and Adachi. Given Arc Sys's current game development though, I would not be surprised if the base roster wasn't that big.
Yeah, agreed. Apparently it was originally going to be a more traditional Warriors game, focusing on various Persona characters from across the series, but then ATLUS told Koei they would write them Persona 5 2 and Koei wasn't about to turn that offer down. I definitely like the notion of a proper canon story more, though it is kind of sad we're limited to just the Thieves and not even a playable Futaba.

Ahhhhhhhh, yes. I suppose that is the easiest way to force everyone to be fighting one another too. I hadn't really thought about how that would be a requirement of an Arena game...

1. That makes sense! I do wonder how they would justify people not having outfits, but they could just do some hand-waving. I wonder if the P4 gang would wear glasses just for old time's sake...
2. That's a good compromise roster, as those exclusions are pretty story-justifiable I think. Misturu's co-workers are really the only ones needed to continue the Arena story as we know it for sure. ArcSys roster sizes are, uh, incosistent lately...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
S’up, Phantom Thieves...assuming anyone’s here since this thread is pretty quiet...

Anyways, I’m about 60 hours into Persona 5 Royal and I’m really loving it so far. Baton Pass and Showtime mechanics makes the battle system really smooth and enjoyable and I appreciate that. As for the story, I’m just barely starting on the fourth palace right now so I guess I still have a ways to go. I don’t have anything else to say regarding what sort of new content they added since this is my first experience with this game. That being said, I’m looking forward to playing through this to the end.

P.S. I’m not gonna answer that poll right now.

amageish

Smash Master
So, we have two ATLUS announcements in the upcoming E3-alikes... They will be showing something at the PC Gaming Show on June 13th and something at the New Game Plus Expo on June 23rd.

The New Game Plus announcement is almost definitely Persona 5 Strikers (at least), given how it's specifically ATLUS West presenting there and Koei will also be there. They may have a second announcement too, but that's definitely one of them.

As for the PC Gaming Show... um... er... uh... Catherine Full Body on PC? Maybe their PC freeware game Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue is becoming a full game? Maybe they're porting over Etrian Odyssey or Trauma Center as those games use touchscreens traditionally? I do not know...

Any thoughts, anyone?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/persona-4-golden-coming-to-pc-on-june-13

Rumour has it that Persona 4 Golden is coming to PC this week. If true, it might mean the end of Sony exclusivity for the main entries of the franchise, and hopefully a Switch version is in the cards.

...in an unfortunate coincidence, I beat the vanilla game not too long ago (after having to play through roughly half of it twice due to a save file error), since I figured that I wouldn't be able to play the Golden version due to not having a PS Vita. Will I play through a 60 hour game again for the quality of life changes and extended epilogue? ...Yes, probably.

D

Deleted member

Really tempted to buy Persona 4 Golden in some months now that It seems to come to Steam.

Hopefully It is cheaper than 40-30€.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I'd really love to see a world where Hifumi ended up staying as a phantom thief all the way through development. An extra palace in base game, adding her as a thief, then Royal coming out otherwise the same as it is but with her still there.

Hifumi's one of my favorite confidants, so knowing that she was initially planned to be there makes me a little sad.

Oh, and just make Jose a confidant so you can have an even 24.

(Well, that and I wished Joker would have entered Smash after Royal came out so we could get a third AOA variation with 'Sumi, Akechi, and Hifumi)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Persona 4 Golden on PC is something I definitely didn't see coming... I just hope the game looks good enough visually, as PS Vita to PC sounds like a potentially awkward jump...

Will I play through a 60 hour game again for the quality of life changes and extended epilogue? ...Yes, probably.
Well, hopefully you re-enjoy it! It is a long game, but at least Golden has less growing pains with some bossfights being more balanced...

Really tempted to buy Persona 4 Golden in some months now that It seems to come to Steam.

Hopefully It is cheaper than 40-30€.
Given that it's SEGA, I imagine it'll be 30 USD. I believe that's how much the Yakuza ports went for that were revealed at a previous PC Gaming Showcase...

I'd really love to see a world where Hifumi ended up staying as a phantom thief all the way through development. An extra palace in base game, adding her as a thief, then Royal coming out otherwise the same as it is but with her still there.

Hifumi's one of my favorite confidants, so knowing that she was initially planned to be there makes me a little sad.
We discussed that possibility a lot back before Royal was revealed haha. Sadly, as it's less a case of "Hifumi Togo was once a Phantom Thief" but "Hifumi Togo re-uses a design originally made for Makoto, as Makoto's two roles of strategist and bruiser were intended to be two different characters before they were combined into a singular Makoto," I don't think that'd really be practical to re-implement into the game, as it's not like they had ever planned Hifumi as we know her to be a thief, just someone who looked like her with an entirely different backstory/characterization....

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Persona 4 Golden on PC is something I definitely didn't see coming... I just hope the game looks good enough visually, as PS Vita to PC sounds like a potentially awkward jump...

Well, hopefully you re-enjoy it! It is a long game, but at least Golden has less growing pains with some bossfights being more balanced...

Given that it's SEGA, I imagine it'll be 30 USD. I believe that's how much the Yakuza ports went for that were revealed at a previous PC Gaming Showcase...

We discussed that possibility a lot back before Royal was revealed haha. Sadly, as it's less a case of "Hifumi Togo was once a Phantom Thief" but "Hifumi Togo re-uses a design originally made for Makoto, as Makoto's two roles of strategist and bruiser were intended to be two different characters before they were combined into a singular Makoto," I don't think that'd really be practical to re-implement into the game, as it's not like they had ever planned Hifumi as we know her to be a thief, just someone who looked like her with an entirely different backstory/characterization....
I feel like with a few tweaks to her story she would make a fine thief as she is now, to be honest. Make her story about truly finding her voice and her passion in something she once loved against all odds of her mother pushing her interests away for the sake of what she wants for her daughter.

amageish

Smash Master
I feel like with a few tweaks to her story she would make a fine thief as she is now, to be honest. Make her story about truly finding her voice and her passion in something she once loved against all odds of her mother pushing her interests away for the sake of what she wants for her daughter.
This is true, but all confidant characters could theoretically become thieves were they to harness their rebellion instead of become complacent about the situations they find themselves in.

I just think it would have been a weird pitch to say "Hey, let's turn this Confidant character into a playable one because her design was once going to be used for a different playable character." She is a great character and it would have been cool to see, but kind of a weird pitch to justify development-wise.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
This is true, but all confidant characters could theoretically become thieves were they to harness their rebellion instead of become complacent about the situations they find themselves in.

I just think it would have been a weird pitch to say "Hey, let's turn this Confidant character into a playable one because her design was once going to be used for a different playable character." She is a great character and it would have been cool to see, but kind of a weird pitch to justify development-wise.
What I'm talking about is a purely hypothetical alternate world where she ended up being one but with a similar story to what she has now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The longer the world goes on, the more we are reminded that Persona 4 is eternal.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Final boss spoilers for P5R.

Throw Away Your Mask. This song... gets me emotional. Maruki isn't wrong in what he wants to do. He genuinely wants to help people. But his viewpoint that pain and sorrow - what shapes us into who we are - aren't worth it is distorted. At the end, a happy lie vs. a painful truth is a hard choice...

But it's because of their pain and sorrow that the Phantom Thieves banded together as comrades in the first place. "No more tears shall drop from your cheeks anymore... believe in me that you don't need to suffer from anything..." It's Maruki's plea to let him save them. But they don't need saving. They saved each other. Even Akechi.

But ironically enough, at least in my playthrough, accepting Maruki's reality would take the most important, most happy things from Joker and Sumire's lives - each other. And knowing that Joker can still see through the illusion - the choice is clear.

Also ironic - Maruki wouldn't have even gotten the idea had he not had to go through that pain on his own. Pain and suffering shaped him into the man he was - for better or for worse. He stepped forward through that pain and held his conviction to make the world a better place - and prior to awakening to his Persona, that way of changing the world was with his counseling.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
^ I want to open that tab but I’ll refrain myself from doing so since I’m that point in the game.

As for Persona 4 Golden, I will definitely buy that one at some point after I finish P5R. While $20 is not a bad deal, it’s best for me to wait until it’ll be on sale at a lower price.

JPBrigatti

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0018-0019-6623
Just beat Royal for the second time, and I gotta ask:

Does anyone here sort of wish they'd wait a few months after Royal to add Joker in SSBU so that content from said game would make it in Smash? A P5R music pack alone would make me happy, imagine hearing the likes of Take Over, I Believe and the Final Boss theme in Ult.

Also Violet echo when?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Does anyone here sort of wish they'd wait a few months after Royal to add Joker in SSBU so that content from said game would make it in Smash? A P5R music pack alone would make me happy, imagine hearing the likes of Take Over, I Believe and the Final Boss theme in Ult.

Also Violet echo when?
Both Atlus and Nintendo jumped the gun when it comes to adding Joker into spin offs where part of the appeal is the music, smash and P5D desperaly need Royal and Q2 music.

JPBrigatti

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0018-0019-6623
Both Atlus and Nintendo jumped the gun when it comes to adding Joker into spin offs where part of the appeal is the music, smash and P5D desperaly need Royal and Q2 music.
Yeah, basically. It's not as bad with Smash because Joker is fun and the music selection is already solid despite the lack of Life Will Change, but P5D definitely suffered a lot with this.

Not only Royal, PQ2 and even Scramble/Strikers had amazing music, one of the characters introduced in these is a literal DANCER. The fact that she's not and will likely never be in 5D is just... weird.

I can forgive Atlus if she's in a possible future Arena game alongside the Third Semester's main antagonist through.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

Also Violet echo when?
I'm pretty happy with how Joker's content turned out, honestly. I imagine there being options for more music now would just mean, were Joker being developed today, we'd get a different selection of music and not necessarily more music. So, I think I'm happy with the songs we got for what they are. Not every company can be SNK, sadly...

That said, I do hope Joker isn't cut if they do ever do an Ultimate 2. It'd like to see more music on Mementos, see the missing characters in the background/in-Joker's-Final-Smash, and maybe even get Oracle as an Assist Trophy buffing/aiding the player that summons her.

As for Persona 5 Dancing... I ordered the game from Japan, platinumed it, bought it again in English, platinumed it again (I know; I have a problem), but I do really wish they held back on it in retrospect. Kasumi's so perfect for it in every way. Part of me hopes they'd toss her dancing to Colours Flying High in as a bonus if they ever port the All Night Collection to Switch (which, given that it was a cross-release with the Vita like Catherine Full Body was, is more possible then I think most people give it credit for)...

Also, Kasumi does have a support thread if you'd like to give it a gander.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Knowing how money hungry Atlus is I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Persona 5 dancing 2, with the missing songs and this time a plot that's similar to the one from Persona 4 dancing. Where they actually save the world through dance.

JPBrigatti

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0018-0019-6623
I'm pretty happy with how Joker's content turned out, honestly. I imagine there being options for more music now would just mean, were Joker being developed today, we'd get a different selection of music and not necessarily more music. So, I think I'm happy with the songs we got for what they are. Not every company can be SNK, sadly...

That said, I do hope Joker isn't cut if they do ever do an Ultimate 2. It'd like to see more music on Mementos, see the missing characters in the background/in-Joker's-Final-Smash, and maybe even get Oracle as an Assist Trophy buffing/aiding the player that summons her.

As for Persona 5 Dancing... I ordered the game from Japan, platinumed it, bought it again in English, platinumed it again (I know; I have a problem), but I do really wish they held back on it in retrospect. Kasumi's so perfect for it in every way. Part of me hopes they'd toss her dancing to Colours Flying High in as a bonus if they ever port the All Night Collection to Switch (which, given that it was a cross-release with the Vita like Catherine Full Body was, is more possible then I think most people give it credit for)...

Also, Kasumi does have a support thread if you'd like to give it a gander.
Oh don't get me wrong, the content that came with Joker was fantastic and his Pack would of have been my favorite had it not been for Terry's 50 songs. I just sort of wished they held back a bit longer to hopefully add some stuff from Royal, like having an AoA with the two final Phantom Thieves.

And I honestly don't see Joker being cut at all tbh. He has a pretty fun playstyle and they could add in even more content from Persona, such as more music like you said and possibly even a new stage based on the Final Palace. That and hopefully a Kasumi echo, lol.

Last but not least, yes, Kasumi was absolutely robbed from Dancing, 100% should of have been there. Would of have loved to see Doctor Maruki bust some moves too. And I'll take a look at the thread, thanks for the heads up!

amageish

Smash Master
Knowing how money hungry Atlus is I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Persona 5 dancing 2, with the missing songs and this time a plot that's similar to the one from Persona 4 dancing. Where they actually save the world through dance.
I highly doubt ATLUS is done milking the franchise, but I don't know if I'd bet on a Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight Ultimax quite yet. They definitely have the material left for it, but my instinct is that they'll go for new spin-offs before retreading the one they semi-recently did. A proper story mode would be hilarious though; Persona 4 Dancing's story is terrible in all the right ways.

Oh don't get me wrong, the content that came with Joker was fantastic and his Pack would of have been my favorite had it not been for Terry's 50 songs. I just sort of wished they held back a bit longer to hopefully add some stuff from Royal, like having an AoA with the two final Phantom Thieves.

And I honestly don't see Joker being cut at all tbh. He has a pretty fun playstyle and they could add in even more content from Persona, such as more music like you said and possibly even a new stage based on the Final Palace. That and hopefully a Kasumi echo, lol.

Last but not least, yes, Kasumi was absolutely robbed from Dancing, 100% should of have been there. Would of have loved to see Doctor Maruki bust some moves too. And I'll take a look at the thread, thanks for the heads up!
Yeah, agreed. I sometimes daydream about the idea of one final update once all of the DLC is done, where they go back and just spruce up things slightly. Add in some new assist trophies/pokeball pokemon, put a few extra cameos on stages, write Guidances for the DLC characters... Just a few things to make the DLC franchises feel less segued off from the rest of the game.

I think it depends on how they approach a sequel, honestly. I doubt they would do a game of this scope again and third parties are obviously more expensive to keep between installments.

Maruki would be fantastic and entertaining as well. It just seems especially funny that the girl who ribbon-dances in her AoA isn't in the game about... dancing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Joker is the one character I truly want to get a minor revamp in a future smash game.

Add the remaining phantom thieves to Mementos and Jokers final smash. Also add futaba to mementos, her not being there legit confuses me.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I highly doubt ATLUS is done milking the franchise, but I don't know if I'd bet on a Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight Ultimax quite yet. They definitely have the material left for it, but my instinct is that they'll go for new spin-offs before retreading the one they semi-recently did. A proper story mode would be hilarious though; Persona 4 Dancing's story is terrible in all the right ways.

Yeah, agreed. I sometimes daydream about the idea of one final update once all of the DLC is done, where they go back and just spruce up things slightly. Add in some new assist trophies/pokeball pokemon, put a few extra cameos on stages, write Guidances for the DLC characters... Just a few things to make the DLC franchises feel less segued off from the rest of the game.

I think it depends on how they approach a sequel, honestly. I doubt they would do a game of this scope again and third parties are obviously more expensive to keep between installments.

Maruki would be fantastic and entertaining as well. It just seems especially funny that the girl who ribbon-dances in her AoA isn't in the game about... dancing.
Oh my god, please, and for the love of God, sell me more music packs for EVERY series

I'll even pay good money for orchestral Dragon Quest music

Please

amageish

Smash Master
Sup, Joker thread?
Not a whole lot... 2020's doing its 2020 thing.

I've been playing some 13 Sentinels, which is a very impressive sci-fi adventure game...

I'm considering getting Strikers in Japanese at this point... Partly because I'd like to play it and partly to tempt fate by buying it in Japanese so an English localization will be announced the following day.

How are things with everyone else?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I
Not a whole lot... 2020's doing its 2020 thing.

I've been playing some 13 Sentinels, which is a very impressive sci-fi adventure game...

I'm considering getting Strikers in Japanese at this point... Partly because I'd like to play it and partly to tempt fate by buying it in Japanese so an English localization will be announced the following day.

How are things with everyone else?
I am watching someone play 13 Sentinels on YouTube, so that's a funny coincidence.

Really starting to doubt localization of Strikers will ever be a thing after recent news.

amageish

Smash Master
I am watching someone play 13 Sentinels on YouTube, so that's a funny coincidence.

Really starting to doubt localization of Strikers will ever be a thing after recent news.
It's a good game! I still have only the vaguest idea about what's actually, you know, happening in the plot, but it's very pretty and the story seems impressive even though I'm hopelessly confused haha.

I'm not too worried about it never happening, but it being pushed out of this fiscal year is a bit... odd. I mean, ATLUS West has a lot to localize including the worldwide release of SMTV and Koei doing a Hyrule Warriors came probably makes releasing a Warriors game right now... not-exactly-wise, but it'll be very awkward if they have a game for the Persona 25th anniversary next year (Persona 5 Bobsledding or whatever) and we're still waiting for Strikers lol.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Yeah, I strongly hope Strikers localization isn't dead and happens someday. I'd imagine the pandemic is playing a role into why it's taking so long. Good news is, once the fiscal year is up, Age of Calamity will have been out for a good while. Strikers would stand a good chance at getting overshadowed if the localization was releasing soon.

Top Bottom