• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hopefully we get the smilies of the other DQ Heroes as well, those being Erdrick's, Solo's, and Guv's / Eight's.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nice. :)
The smiley doesnt seem to work tho.
:ulthero::ulthero:
You have to clear your cached images - how you do that depends on your browser, but for Google Chrome, you click on the three dots in the upper-right corner, go to "More Tools --> Clear Browsing Data", and select the option to clear cached images.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You have to clear your cached images - how you do that depends on your browser, but for Google Chrome, you click on the three dots in the upper-right corner, go to "More Tools --> Clear Browsing Data", and select the option to clear cached images.
Thx I tried in a fresh browser and i can see it. Weird.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Lore question, why's he called Guv? Governor?
I haven't played DQ8 yet (my copy's coming in the mail) but one (or more?) of the party members in the game calls you "Guv" as a nickname. The voice acting uses British accents so yeah, it's short for "governor".

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Here's some spirit battles I cooked up:
Slime (3 star) - Vs. 3 small, blue Kirbys and a blue Eight on Yggdrasil's Altar
Gwaelin (3 star) - Vs. yellow Peach and orange Solo on Great Cave Offensive (Omega form)
Alena (4 star) - Vs. blue Daisy and Solo on Castle Siege (first form, enemy has increased power on physical attacks)
Bianca (4 star) - Vs. green Rosalina and purple Erdrick on Skyloft (enemies heal over time)
Yangus (4 star) - Vs. green biker Wario and Eight on Wuhu Island (bridge section, enemy can deal critical hits)
Jessica (4 star) - Vs. red Lucina and red Luminary on Palutena's Temple (Omega form, enemy has increased power on special moves)
Sage (5 star) - Vs. Erdrick, blue Robin, and pink Robin on Yggdrasil's Altar (enemy's magic has increased power, enemy recovers health)
Luminary's Party (5 star) - Vs. blue Sheik, pink Villager, green Zelda, red Corrin, blues shorts Zero Suit Samus, and the Luminary on Yggdrasil's Altar (reinforcements appear).

D

Deleted member

Great post but where's Rab?
Could red Dr. Mario work as a stand-in of Rab?
Here's some spirit battles I cooked up:
Slime (3 star) - Vs. 3 small, blue Kirbys and a blue Eight on Yggdrasil's Altar
Gwaelin (3 star) - Vs. yellow Peach and orange Solo on Great Cave Offensive (Omega form)
Alena (4 star) - Vs. blue Daisy and Solo on Castle Siege (first form, enemy has increased power on physical attacks)
Bianca (4 star) - Vs. green Rosalina and purple Erdrick on Skyloft (enemies heal over time)
Yangus (4 star) - Vs. green biker Wario and Eight on Wuhu Island (bridge section, enemy can deal critical hits)
Jessica (4 star) - Vs. red Lucina and red Luminary on Palutena's Temple (Omega form, enemy has increased power on special moves)
Sage (5 star) - Vs. Erdrick, blue Robin, and pink Robin on Yggdrasil's Altar (enemy's magic has increased power, enemy recovers health)
Luminary's Party (5 star) - Vs. blue Sheik, pink Villager, green Zelda, red Corrin, blues shorts Zero Suit Samus, and the Luminary on Yggdrasil's Altar (reinforcements appear).
Needs more monsters:
Dragonlord (5 star) - Vs. Blue Robin and Big Blue Charizard as a reinforcement on Hyrule's Castle (Omega Form, enemy has increased power on Fire and Magic attacks)
Estark (5 star) - Vs. Blue Ganondorf on Castle Siege (second form, enemy has random FS)
Dracky (1 star) - Vs. 3 small Gray Meta Knights on Yggdrasil's Altar
Metal Slime (3 star) - Vs. Gray Metal Kirby on Yggdrasil's Altar (stamina battle, opponent has brief moments of vulnerability)

Last edited by a moderator:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Could red Dr. Mario work as a stand-in of Rab?
Yeah, that seems reasonable.

Also, the potential choices for spirits is an interesting topic to me. There's a bunch of different directions or themes they could go for: we could get particularly popular party members, particularly iconic monsters, the remaining heroes, demon lords, some combination of those things, or anything else I'm overlooking. Personally gunning for a gem slime for obvious reasons.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Nintendo's european account just tweeted today a reminder that hero's in the fighter's pass....i sense an overview trailer is coming
Well, still nothing. Then again, it’s only been a day (that felt like a week).
Hopefully by the end of the next week now.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm kind of hoping they release it on a future weekend as a reference to how Enix had to release Dragon Quest games on weekends after what happened with Dragon Quest III with all the school-skipping in Japan and all.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm awaiting the day when Eddy's avatar shows up, should be fun to see how far off the mark the custom one here is.

I'm kind of hoping they release it on a future weekend as a reference to how Enix had to release Dragon Quest games on weekends after what happened with Dragon Quest III with all the school-skipping in Japan and all.
Wasn't that revealed to be an urban legend?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Wasn't that revealed to be an urban legend?
For a while, yeah, but just last year, Yuu Miyake, producer of the Dragon Quest games admitted that there was a large influx of kids skipping school in Japan so that they can line up and buy Dragon Quest III. Here's the quote:

Yuu Miyake said:
In short, yes that is true. When Dragon Quest III came out, tons and tons of kids skipped school to go buy the game. The police actually said, 'You guys need to do something about this. This is not okay.' [This was] back in the era of Enix, and so Dragon Quest started being sold only on Saturdays. Actually, it's the only [series] sold on Saturday.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
can't be much longer honestly
youre setting yourselves up for frustration if you think for sure that nintendo of europe posting about the fighter pass means it's coming soon. It's a nice thought that can be cool.. but i think it's better to just put it out of mind and spend energy elsewhere if the wait isn't fun, personally ;p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
youre setting yourselves up for frustration if you think for sure that nintendo of europe posting about the fighter pass means it's coming soon. It's a nice thought that can be cool.. but i think it's better to just put it out of mind and spend energy elsewhere if the wait isn't fun, personally ;p
Well, day activities since I started to lose patience:
Day 1: Uploaded a product in Etsy.
Day 2: Downloaded a tmnt fangame
Day 3: Finished tmnt fangame
Day 4: Finished Sonic 3 A.I.R.
Let’s see, for day 5 I might download another fangame, and investigate how to make a website on Wix. (Please don't make fun of me, I suck at anything coding and website/page making).

That’s it for my following plans.

As for the release date. I’m banking on 4th of July earliest, mid July latest.

D

Deleted member

I want Hero to be out as soon as possible.

The wait is getting into myself.

Hopefully if he takes a long time to be released, UA3 and DQB2 will keep me busy in the meantime.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I want Hero to be out as soon as possible.

The wait is getting into myself.

Hopefully if he takes a long time to be released, UA3 and DQB2 will keep me busy in the meantime.
yeah the wait's starting to get to me too...I'm just so bored with smash without new content

D

Deleted member

yeah the wait's starting to get to me too...I'm just so bored with smash without new content
Right now I just feel stressed, tense and irritated about the day I had.

But I want to believe that tomorrow all will be better.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think a good way to pass the time could be to play other games. Like say dragon quest ;p

That or enjoying the the weather (for those that dont have storms, i guess)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think a good way to pass the time could be to play other games. Like say dragon quest ;p

That or enjoying the the weather (for those that dont have storms, i guess)
I'm playing Joker 2!
Right off the bat, I like it more than Joker 1.
But still.. I have but minutes to play things, so.. I can't really resort to playing much. :D

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I was bored trying to find something to do while my copy of DQ8 came in the mail, which was supposed to be Thursday, but it came in the mail today: way earlier than it was supposed to!

Finally life is good again~

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Playing through DQ8, got to the point where you have to help the spoiled prince.

Gotta love them difficulty spikes.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
So I started Dragon Quest VIII on my 3DS.

It looks like the game fully heals my character once they level up, unlike any of the previous 7 games, meaning DQ8 is for tiny little babies.

jk

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
So I started Dragon Quest VIII on my 3DS.

It looks like the game fully heals my character once they level up, unlike any of the previous 7 games, meaning DQ8 is for tiny little babies.
Yeah I found that one odd as that wasn't in the original ps2 release. Made grinding less tedious at least with quick saves.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Alright so we have a problem.
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1143908657706389504
Thankfully we have a bit of hope because Sakurai was vague.
https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1143913111696695297
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1143925992974475270
So let's pray that the command window isn't RNG based or we're in a bad spot. We would have to go full on modern Tetris and determine if it's truly random or if it's done in bags (In Tetris a bag contains one of each tetromino in a set with the order being random. This is used to prevent droughts where the player would be at the mercy of RNG to give them the piece they need.)
I'm thinking he just means that the order is random on the list and not the commands themselves. If that is the case though then I hope it at least has some reliability (i.e. The top slot will always give you a recovery, there's one of each type of action in the commands, etc.).

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Yeah I found that one odd as that wasn't in the original ps2 release. Made grinding less tedious at least with quick saves.
Oh I didn't know that. Well, my kidding aside, it does mean less backtracking to town to heal up so I'm okay with it.

I'm thinking he just means that the order is random on the list and not the commands themselves. If that is the case though then I hope it at least has some reliability (i.e. The top slot will always give you a recovery, there's one of each type of action in the commands, etc.).
I don't even think the order is random, I think Sakurai chose the list of Dragon Quest spells and abilities at random. The use of random is vague but I'm betting on it being short for "randomly assorted".

I saw the PushDustIn tweets earlier and I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I saw that, and I proposed an idea on the moveset thread: you pick which four spells to use in the Command Window before you actually get ready to fight, kind of like how you have to pick which Mii to fight with. Like say, you select Hero, then pick, say, Kaclang, Oomph, Psyche Up and Bounce, creating a loadout about dishing out damage and taking it, too. Then when you've picked those spells, then you're ready to fight.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright so we have a problem.
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1143908657706389504
Thankfully we have a bit of hope because Sakurai was vague.
https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1143913111696695297
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1143925992974475270
So let's pray that the command window isn't RNG based or we're in a bad spot. We would have to go full on modern Tetris and determine if it's truly random or if it's done in bags (In Tetris a bag contains one of each tetromino in a set with the order being random. This is used to prevent droughts where the player would be at the mercy of RNG to give them the piece they need.)
>SE fought over which heroes had to get in
Well, now we know why the lady versions got passed over.

It makes me happy to see that Eight got in by the request of Western fans though. Now one can't claim that VIII isn't popular abroad.

Top Bottom