• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Peter didn't do anything really; he just needed time for Ted's power to sink in. Which is funny because Peter never showed any previous signs of absorbing powers.
Yes he has. In the first episode when Nathan tried to save him Peter also ended up flying. When he met Claude he turned invisible just from being near him.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
XD Good points Chill.
Actually Peter almost always uses the powers uncontrollably when he first is near them. Matt and Claire's powers are more examples.
But he hasn't tried using Hiro's powers...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The two of them did meet. Hiro told Peter on a subway, "Save the cheerleadrer, save the world."

I saw the Canadian preview for the season finale. >_> I wont say anything except (minor spoilers, and I emphasize minor)
Sylar threatens someone with a gun. What the heck? Why would he use a gun? He's got superpowers.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Agreed, then season finale was awesome. I wonder who is the other person Molly is afraid of, the one that can "see" her when she uses her power. Should prove interesting...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I saw it with a bunch of friends. It was the only one who didn't like the finale, but thanks to the collected intellegence of six computer nerds, I was able to see a bunch of stuff I missed from previous episodes. So I'm happy.
I loled when Parker got "shot".

(I didn't see the part where Sylar threatened someone with a gun as shown in a preview. They must have cut it out.)

What was up with Sylar's death? Dang it! Die already! That pretty much ruined the whole finale for me. The only redeeming thing about it is that Sylar knew beforehand what would happen. He probably knew he was going to lose so I wonder why he even bothered to show up.

Hiro is cool. Hiro's dad is cool.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I saw it with a bunch of friends. It was the only one who didn't like the finale, but thanks to the collected intellegence of six computer nerds, I was able to see a bunch of stuff I missed from previous episodes. So I'm happy.
I loled when Parker got "shot".
Same here. What did he think was going to happen?

commonyoshi said:
What was up with Sylar's death? Dang it! Die already! That pretty much ruined the whole finale for me. The only redeeming thing about it is that Sylar knew beforehand what would happen. He probably knew he was going to lose so I wonder why he even bothered to show up.
Agreed. I want Sylar to die so they can focus on the new villian that Molly could see.If Sylar dies at the hands of this new bad guy that would be fine by me.

I don't think he knew he would lose. In his painting the only thing he saw was a standoff with Peter. They also finally proved that the future can be changed. So even if he saw himself winning it doesn't mean he would.

The only other thing that bothered me was DL. He looked like he was going to die and somehow he makes it to the bottom floor and seems better than ever. Sure, it would have been sad for Micah to lose his father but the writers should have jumped on the chance to write him off.

Funny that it takes Nikki the entire season to figure out her power. I just wanted to see her throw a car at Sylar. It wasn't a car but I was satisfied.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I don't know but that was an okay way to end the season but wow they already mention Season 2 villain. Its that person Molly said is worse that Syler. Also at the end when Hiro says "Dai pinchyu" it actually means like "I'm in a problem" or something or "I'm in a pinch" not a curse word.

So after all that "we have to stop sylar" or "sylar must die", they just let his body get dragged into the sewer or he crawled away mabe, WTF no one noticed the missing body :/

I thought the fights would be WAY better.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Sylar saw the unfinished comic...He saw that Hiro stabs him but he thought it was a joke. Anyway yeah Sylar is like a roach...he doesn't die EVER!!! Can't wait for volume 2... Hiro in the past thats just insanity

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
The entire episode was underwhelming. I don't know. . .I suppose I was expecting something a bit more awe-inducing for the finale of such a great series. Like the ZOMGWTFBBQ moment when Future Hiro appeared to Peter--I was expecting something shocking, amazing. But my expectations were too high, I guess. Heck, Sylar and Peter didn't even fight that much.

The only thing that really redeemed this mediocre episode was Sylar powershielding Parkman's bullets, and Hiro going through with stabbing Sylar, and warping out. Otherwise, Nathan flying up into space to save everybody was an acceptable, but weak resolution.

And when Molly mentioned the super-villain that can see her, did anyone else automatically think of Sauron from Lord of the Rings?

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
To answer ur last question, no :p

Anyway I liked the episode, but like always some stuff I dint like:

Parkman shoot saylar, he stop the bullets, yet u would think after 3 bullets having no affect he would stop shooting and get outta there, for a guy that can read minds, hes a little slow on the thinkin side :p

Lol nikki grabing the post thing (forgot the name of the thing, man I suck :p) and just hitting sylar for no particular reason, if sylar would have threatend them ok it would have made sense, yet she just grab the thing and swing away lol...

Hiro stabbing sylar = pwnage, yet If I were sylar I would have use telekenisis and blow him away, something he did AFTER the stab...

I expected a way better battle from sylar and peter, why the ell do u give a character so many powers is he doesnt PWN every bad guy out there....

Hiro back in time with samurais = GENIUS!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
And when Molly mentioned the super-villain that can see her, did anyone else automatically think of Sauron from Lord of the Rings?
I did :p

And I did think it was a weak season finale. Also, in Hiro's past excursion, that one Samurai looked like his father. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it is him and that his power has something to do with not aging or the like.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I didn't. :p

And if his power is not aging he certainly sucks at using it. The man's as wrinkled as they come.

I was hoping what's her face woudl be fat when Nikki knocked her out.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
And if his power is not aging he certainly sucks at using it. The man's as wrinkled as they come.
Well, if you used it too perfectly, people would wonder why Hiro's dad looked like he was twenty something! He'd have a lot of explaining to do...

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
^^^
I expected a way better battle from sylar and peter, why the ell do u give a character so many powers is he doesnt PWN every bad guy out there....

Hiro back in time with samurais = GENIUS!
totally agree. they should have had like a 20-minute battle, with peter and sylar just beating the crap out of each other. i mean, seriously, that would have been great. just blasting each other into buildings, or slamming each other into the air and then slamming them into the ground, ANYTHING!!! i mean, that would have been awesome!

and yeah, i totally agree with the Hiro thing. i lol'd so hard when it showed him swear in japanese when he seen the samurai.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
totally agree. they should have had like a 20-minute battle, with peter and sylar just beating the crap out of each other. i mean, seriously, that would have been great. just blasting each other into buildings, or slamming each other into the air and then slamming them into the ground, ANYTHING!!! i mean, that would have been awesome!
Heroes =/= DBZ
But that would be awesome. Way better than Peter just PUNCHING Sylar in the face.
*sigh*

I thought Nathan's entrance was too cheesy, along with Peter's biggest strength being his ability to love unconditionally. v_v
That sounds exactly like Harry vs. Voldemort to me, especially since I just finished the Half-Blood Prince.
*sigh*

I wonder how many heroes will be returning for Volume 2. I guess almost all of them will at least make a cameo, if not a major role.

So there was another group of heroes back in the past, right? They included Peter's mom, Simone's dad, and Linderman (I think I'm forgetting somebody, but I dunno). There sure is a lot of potential with these stories, isn't there? Hmmm...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
WOW!!! It is tomorrow!

idk sugarpoultry, Syler wasn't really evil in my eyes. Besides there is a whole background about him we don't know.
Yeah, he only was insanely obsessed with wanting all the power, cutting peoples heads off and wanting to destroy NYC in the end of season 1. O_O

I want to know more about him that is for sure. I hope they reveal more.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Heroes was good, but I didnt like it too much, not a lot of action and well that sucked...

still im looking forward for the next episode...

also I bet the kid who was fliying oputside claires room is the memories or something like that of peter, since he lost his memories... lol

Stryks

Smash Hero
I kind aimagined that would be it, since we already have 2 fliying guys (peter and nathan (? thats his name rite?)) and 2 power-absorbing guys (peter and sylar) and having more than 2 of a specific power is a little over the edge IMO...

besides the kid look emo-ish so it has to be Peters memories...

Dibs

Smash Lord
THat'd be gross since that kid becomes claire's bf later on in the show.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wait the kid from school is the same one that was fliying? I dont think so if I remember correctly the kid fliying was way younger...

Top Bottom