• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I didn't watch Lost.... :( But I heard there was nothing supernatural about it, and I love supernatural stuff!
I think Lost is ever so slightly a better show than Heroes, but they are my two favorite TV shows by a long shot

OMFG!!! Tomorrow night!!!

So, do you think Syler will still be as evil as the first season? I mean, there has to be a new villain.
Sylar is the best character in Heroes imo, I think may have lost his powers after getting stabbed and it looks like there will be a new villain "the boogeyman"...
No idea how they are going to work Sylar into the new season, they can't have 2 villains can they?

Wait the kid from school is the same one that was fliying? I dont think so if I remember correctly the kid fliying was way younger...
Same kid

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Couldn't they have told us he liked Claire in a way that wasn't so stalkerish?

The episode was kind of slow but they had to set up everyones stories and explain what happened to them. Usually the novel sucks and is poorly drawn but this one was pretty decent. It's major filler though.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sylar is the best character in Heroes imo, I think may have lost his powers after getting stabbed and it looks like there will be a new villain "the boogeyman"...
No idea how they are going to work Sylar into the new season, they can't have 2 villains can they?
That is what I was thinking. Sylar is just trying to get his hands on Clair to get her power, but the new bad guy will be the BIG BAD.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Here is my theory for the plot for Season 2 of Heroes:

I believe Kaito Nakamura (Hiro's dad) will die. He will die in either the first episode or sometime soon. He will be the first target of Linderman's group. The person who was once in Linderman's group but lost his way will come back for revenge on them. The people would involve: Linderman (dead), Kaito, Mrs. Petrelli, and Charles Deveaux (dead). Which of course means Mrs. Petrelli will be the last one when Kaito is dead. I also predict that this person will be the man worse than Sylar that Molly talked about in the last episode of season 1. I think his power will be to Mirror other people's powers. As in to use it against them.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here is my theory for the plot for Season 2 of Heroes:

I believe Kaito Nakamura (Hiro's dad) will die. He will die in either the first episode or sometime soon. He will be the first target of Linderman's group. The person who was once in Linderman's group but lost his way will come back for revenge on them. The people would involve: Linderman (dead), Kaito, Mrs. Petrelli, and Charles Deveaux (dead). Which of course means Mrs. Petrelli will be the last one when Kaito is dead. I also predict that this person will be the man worse than Sylar that Molly talked about in the last episode of season 1. I think his power will be to Mirror other people's powers. As in to use it against them.
Apparently you didn't see the first episode. Hiro's dad dies.

All in all, I really like your theories. Most likely, yes to all of it.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Linderman is alive or so I've read.
Well, the only way is if he healed himself, but how could he when his brain is all mushed up? The only way is if his body would just automatically heal himself. But that would make him too much like Claire.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Well, the only way is if he healed himself, but how could he when his brain is all mushed up? The only way is if his body would just automatically heal himself. But that would make him too much like Claire.
If you must.
When asked by TV Guide Magazine if Linderman would return, McDowell said, "Good question. All I will say is that Linderman is a healer".

You're right though.
I wouldn't be happy if he had pretty much claire's power with the added power to heal other things. But then again.. he's part of the old generation of heroes, so maybe they have the powers that the new generation has.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
The kid could be the same person who killed Hiro's father. That could explain how he didn't die from the fall; he flew away.

Ness Earthbound Genius

Smash Journeyman
Way better than last week's episode. I can't stand Maya and Ale-whatever. Their storyline is incredibly boring. Oh my, bleeding eyes... =/

And what kind of boy watches girl from outside her living room window? Not a normal one.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
That was kind of freaky about those mexican people, oh well. They'll develop sooner or later. I wonder what her power is really, and what it does. Aparently, when she is apart from her brother she hurts people. And he can heal her, AND people around them.

Interesting.

Yah, the flying kid stalking, not very cool. And he saw!! AHH!!!! This is going to be one killer of a season!!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Way better than last week's episode. I can't stand Maya and Ale-whatever. Their storyline is incredibly boring. Oh my, bleeding eyes... =/
Really? I think their story is more interesting than Hiro's. I try to like him but everything he does is just so boring to me.

Was it just me or did anyone else see a little sadness in his eyes when he was about to kiss the swordsmiths daughter? Memories of someone else maybe?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah. I love Hiro to death, but he screwed the past up big time. You think he'd know better...? I'm more interested in Claire and that boy.

frankiemae

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah. I love Hiro to death, but he screwed the past up big time. You think he'd know better...? I'm more interested in Claire and that boy.
Yeah, Hiro might have screwed up the past, but I think that those stories could have possibly been about him... he just didn't know it yet...! And I love PETER!!!! And the fact that he is getting his powers back is amazing!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Parkman is probably my favorite hero. Not only because of his power, but because of his personality. I have to agree with everyone about the Mexican twins' story... its kind of boring so far.

But right now, I really want to see what has been going on with Micah and his family. :)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The twins' story is laughable.
"Ah Dios, you are full of evil! Enough to kill the devil himself."

Aren't their powers genetic? Even if it is a harmful power, it's certainly not an evil one. Or at least not in the demonic sense.

The whole show has been pretty lame so far. (especially Hiro's love life) The only good thing about the show is the guy who's going around killing the older heroes. The scene with Nathan's mom was rather cool.

Oh, and is it just me or has Claire begun flaunting her powers recently? She sticks her hand into boiling water and cuts off a toe for no reason. I dont care if she can regrow them. It should hurt like crazy, and she's stupid.

PS: Peeping Tom :(

Chill, Hiro does indeed like that girl. :(

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I think the woman was probably superstitous (sp) and might have had a power herself. And it is nice to see some new faces.

I hate how Peter has amnesia (it is in just about every show/game nowadays) and where did he get the shock power? Also, why wasn't he wearing a shirt for the majority of the episode? Is he the poster boy now?

I think that the Kensai stories were about Hiro, to begin with. But didn't one legend say that Kensai stabbed himself?

Claire's storyline is kind of boring. We know the kid knows and all they've been about so far is Claire being afraid someone might find out (which they already have, so no surprise there). I agree with commonyoshi, I doubt someone could keep a straight face having just cut of their toe with scissors (or that scissors could cut through bone for that matter).

Nathan has a giant beard now. He looks stupid. Thought I'd mention that.

I think the Box will be like the List for a couple of episodes though. Hyped again and again and not really that surprising.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The Mexicans are laughable.
I find that offensive...

anyway I like the episode, I **** myself when the old lady screamed in her head while parkman was readin her mind "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" it was awesome...

ZOMG samurai dude can heal, can anyone say claires great great great great x 10 great grandpa?

hiro pwning samurai dudes without breakin a sweat was epic as it gets...

the rest was ok...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I find that offensive...
Seriously? Well I'll just change that to "twins" then. ;)

Oh, and the beard is sweet. Dont mock it.
The box probably has nothing in it. Peter exploded himself, and went missing for a couple of months. I doubt he would carry an I.D. with him all that time.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Parkman is probably my favorite hero. Not only because of his power, but because of his personality. I have to agree with everyone about the Mexican twins' story... its kind of boring so far.

But right now, I really want to see what has been going on with Micah and his family. :)
Parkman is indeed my favorite as well. With sylar and nathan after him.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
anyway I like the episode, I **** myself when the old lady screamed in her head while parkman was readin her mind "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" it was awesome...
I thought that was a particularly strong moment too. Matt needs to be a little more discreet about using his ability. He could have asked her in a way that wasn't so obvious.

@common, I think the reason for her being more open about her power was because of the question she asked her dad.

If I lose a arm will it re-attach itself or will I grow a new one, can my skin be used to help someone who has lost theirs, can I even get sick, blah,blah

I think the point was to make it so you see that just like everyone else she still has things she can learn about what she can do. If Hiro can continue to learn new ways to use his power (last season he briefly rewound time) wouldn't Claire seem really boring if mild healing was the extent of her power?

edit: @ Applejack, I think NBC let the save the cheerleader, save the world campaign go to their head. Ok that episode was worth it. "The list and the box" not so much. Especially when we already now what's in the stupid thing.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Im really enjoying the new series. I love the anticipation of waiting for Sylar to show his face.

Mama Patrelli is kicking all forms of *** in this series, as did the Haitan/Noh reunion. Wonder what Mama Patrelli's power is? (im aware there probably spoilers out there, if you know dont tell me please).

Anyone else wanna smash West's face in with a brick. And not because he's gonna end up with Claire just because of his overall smugness. I hope he's only there to get Sylar'd leading to some sort of aeriel Dragon Ball Z Peter-Sylar showdown.

One thing thats bugging me though - those irish accents. Absolutle rubbish.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm hoping to see Claire and Syler's "scene". I mean, he's still after her powers, so somehow she's gonna face him. Maybe West will protect her or something?

I dunno......... I'm tired and Heroes is too dang amazing for me to think. :)

btw, I am LOVING Peter's new look. Shorter hair is so much better on him.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Ive got some good news and some bad news (spoilers):

Good news: Sylar returns next week!!!

Bad news: Nikki and Micah return next week

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
After seeing Mr. Bennet tell off the manager, I came to the conclusion that he is God.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hated Mr. Bennett a ton last season, but yeah, I feel sorta bad for him. He has a horrible working environment.

And I agree, I don't care too much for Jessica/Nikki and Micha. They are my least favorite character plots.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Spoilers:

I thought "lizards" was a great episode. The Haitian is back with Mr. Bennette. And that part where Angela Petrelli knew Parkman was reading her mind gave me chills. That was one of those moments that make the series so awesome. And who is this mystery person who is killing off the first generation of heroes? Possibly the person Molly is having nightmares about? And it looks like Kensei has healing powers. Since he is British, could he be related to Claire? I also like the Maya/Alejandro storyline. Some people think it's boring, but I'd like to see more of them, especially after they cross the border.

Oh, and did anyone see a preview to next week's episode, where Sylar is alive and at the beech or something? It looked like he was kind of confused as to why he was there. Perhaps the shape shifter Candice has him in some kind of illusion?

Lots of cool stuff happening this season. Can't wait for next week's episode.

frankiemae

Smash Rookie
I hated Mr. Bennett a ton last season, but yeah, I feel sorta bad for him. He has a horrible working environment.

And I agree, I don't care too much for Jessica/Nikki and Micha. They are my least favorite character plots.
I like Micah. I'm not sure about Jessica/Nikki. I think she just needed to sort out her issues. I want to know more about the kid that keeps stalking Claire.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Niki just needed to intergrate into the main storyline more. Shes a great actress and very easy on the eyes with a cool power and some good character conflict. Jessica makes somewhat unpredictable. She wont be a problem if they can intergrate her into the story this year and less of the whole super-family soap opera crap.

The actor who plays D.L. isnt part of the cast this year so theres a good start.

Top Bottom