• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I'm glad that this season isn't as gory as the first. I admit, it doesn't bother me at all, but its nice not to have to worry about it. Claire's toe was a little ick for me. O_O

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah her cutting off her footh was kinda weird, for some reason I tough she would go all Emo and star cutting herself, she regenerates so she can just do it over and over XD

I want some kick *** action, peter doesnt deliver the whol thing between him and sylar was boring, Hiro surprised me more... hope they get it rite this season...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Haha everybody hates the Claire/West thing. I must be the only girl here. And girls like that kind of stuff. Even being married I still find it very cute and romantic. hehe :p
I hate the Claire/Lame Boy (as he will now be called) thing as well, but he did have one line which I'm sure made every girl swoon. "I know you can heal yourself, but I dont ever want to see you hurt." Score!

Dibs

Smash Lord
"I know you can heal yourself, but I dont ever want to see you hurt."
He may be a little Fairy Boy and all but hell, he made me swoon at that too.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah that line was like "100% chance of scoring", seriously tough Im glad were getting new heroes and all, but cmon can we like let this kid meet claires dad, and all out war break lose soon?

Jammer

Smash Lord
Oh, I can't stand "Lame Boy". He's so obnoxious and ridiculously inconsiderate. I don't know why she likes him.

Also, I'm not into Heroes at all, but Lame Boy really annoys me. Just my two cents.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Is anyone else concerned that Molly is catatonic? Or what Ma Petrelli's power is? Or what HRG and the Haitian Sensation that's sweeping the nation are up to in Odessa, Ukraine? Or why Nathan's having mirror freak outs?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is anyone else concerned that Molly is catatonic? Or what Ma Petrelli's power is? Or what HRG and the Haitian Sensation that's sweeping the nation are up to in Odessa, Ukraine? Or why Nathan's having mirror freak outs?
YES! I'm more worried about Molly and Parkman. That was freaky! His DAD is like the enemy of the whole series!! (maybe?)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I think Parkman's dad has the power to get inside people's minds and mess them up (Molly is blacked out but Parkman can still hear her mind screaming). Ma Petrelli...while I'm curious I don't think her power is very great...Pa Petrelli, on the other hand, is bound to have a great one (though I believe he is dead). HRG and the Haitian are, in my opinion, trying to find people or places that can eff up the Alchemist guy who is putting Suresh on missions (and was one of the older Heroes). And I beat Nathan's mirror freak outs are just him remembering what happened to him when Peter exploded, but Peter healed him (some how) and now he feels the guilt of it.

Well, that's my two cents...

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Same here, I liked it. This was the first episode with out Hiro...

I like the new girl (Monica was her name?) with that memory power.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what would happen if Monica watched the Matrix....

I still don't trust Wess.

Why won't someone just kill Sylar? He's killed quite a few of the Company's employees (Eden and the vision girl [can't remember her name]) off the top of my head.

Who has the power between the twins? Is the power divided between them, or what?

I still want a super fight, Heroes always seems to imp out of big fights, or show them off camera (Sylar vs. Peter in future, Kensai vs. Angry Men).

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think Monica's power is based on like....reflex memory, so it's unlikely that she'll be able to empathically channel other people's powers like Peter can.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh man, this plot keeps getting thicker and thicker. Tonights show was awesome! I am so weirded out by the new girl. She's evil! And apparently, maybe Bob is her father? I dunno...

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Electro Kirsten Bell turning ****ty irish accent #1 into a crisp was a highlight.

As was Matt's Shadow-King esque dad and the trapping of Nathan/Matt.

And then there was NikkiJessicaHulk's s minor rampage.

With the last two eppisodes Heroes has definatly got its groove back. Now just hurry up and get Hiro back to Ando and kill West or turn him into a company plant.

Dibs

Smash Lord
NO FAIRY BOY THIS WEEK! I am Happppppy.

Parkman's dad is complete bada**.

And Micah should never laugh again. EVER.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL I think its funny that when there is a thread about appreciation for something, people come to say their 10 cents that something else is better. What do you think we are, robots??? Just because we are in this thread doesn't mean we hate all other tv shows. I love The Office!

If you think its better, that is your opinion, and yes, say something like that in The Office thread. O_O

/end rant.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys know where I can watch heroes on the internet? I've been watching them on http://tv-links.co.uk but it hasn't been working for some time now. Plz, I need to see what happens to Molly :(

EDIT: nvm, found another site, watching right now

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Molly gets shot by Sylar with a shotgun. There.

And these episodes have been getting better lately. I suppose that's good, but that just means I dont get to mock it anymore. Oh wait, yes I can! <3 Micah loves his cousin.

Veronica Mars is the best. I think she can only use her electical powers by charging it up against metal though.

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
Molly gets shot by Sylar with a shotgun. There.

And these episodes have been getting better lately. I suppose that's good, but that just means I dont get to mock it anymore. Oh wait, yes I can! <3 Micah loves his cousin.

Veronica Mars is the best. I think she can only use her electical powers by charging it up against metal though.
Not so sure about that. Seems like it would be a bit awkward.

Also, did anyone else catch the sprint product placement it this past episode? That glowing sprint logo on the phone was really irritating. It looked like it was digitally added to make it stand out. Hopefully it won't be a common occurance in later episodes.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it has to do with metal too. Because when she locked the door, she used it to either fry the lock, or to get a charge.

And yeah, everybody has the SAME phone on Heroes.... O_O

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Exactly. There was no reason for her to melt the door lock for the sake of keeping him from escaping.

Still, Peter never did this, but the Heroes writers are pretty bad as we have seen from the past. They leave a lot of holes in the script.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
>_>'' I don't see how West is annoying, yet people can like Veronica Mars. Opinions are funny.

And I vote Veronica doesn't need to 'charge' her power with metal.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
>_>'' I don't see how West is annoying, yet people can like Veronica Mars. Opinions are funny.

And I vote Veronica doesn't need to 'charge' her power with metal.
I think the same way! West is ok, but Veronica Mars just shows up and thinks she can take over the whole show! jk jk

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Heroes started just here in Finland and I gotta say, I didn't like the pilot. Besides, Grey's Anatomy is shown at the same time.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
the quality of heroes has dropped significantly... ever since that horrible season 1 finale.... i still watch it... but i feel like i have to just so i know whats going on... not much enjoyment comes from watching it anymore... hopefully it can get out of its sophomore slump.... btw LOST>Heroes...period....

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
That is all of your opinions. If you are going to nag and be negative, then go to another thread or start one about Lost or something.

I think this semester is doing just fine. It has a lot more suspense. Which is good. I also read this season has way more viewers than last seasons. Friends let friends watch the DVD's of season 1 ( like me) and I got hooked. Plus, its easier when you can watch a whole season in a week. :)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Nor sure if anyones done this here but which Heroes charactes match up to a comic counterpart in your opinion? I'll have a whizz at it:

NikkiJessica - Hulk
Peter - Mimic but he seems to be this shows equilivent of Superman (always does the right thing, flight, super strength, bullets have largely no affect (unless in the head))
Nathan - Cannonball
Matt - Pro. X (they hinted he had telephathic powers beyond mind reading in the latest eppisode)
Claire - Deadpool
Hiro - Magik
DL - Shadowcat
Sylar - Mr. Sinister (read the IGN article for this to be backed up)
Micah - Cyborg Superman
Monica - Taskmaster
Elle - Electro
The Hatian - Leech
Kensei - Wolverine (Japan trained, regeration, drunkard he matches Wolverine quite well)
Claude - The Invisible Woman
Merideth - Human Torch
Eden - Mesmero/Persuasian
Candise - Mysterio
Ted - Captain Atom
Molly - Calibian
Isaac - Destiny
That Indian Dream Kid - Franklin Richards
Bob - Metamorpho
Daddy Parkman - Shadow King
Linderman - I cant really think of any healers of the top of my head
Ando - Foggy Nelson or some other goofy sidekickesque character
HRG - The Punisher (kick your ***, trained with guns, go to any length to protect his family)
Mohinder - Moria Mactaggert
Los Wondertwins - I have NO IDEA
West - Jubillee, the only character i can think of who matches him in hateability.
The 12 (Angella, Sulu, Charles etc.) - Minutemen/Crimebusters (Watchmen) - Since that story has echoes of Watchmen rip-off.

I largely agree with the comparisons made in the IGN article of the same concept just in case you thought i was coping their ideas, its because their largely right.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Last episode was good for the most part. West (sorry lame boy) influencing Claire to abuse her powers. Slightly hyporcritical since he said he didn't want to see her hurt only to drop her from 20ft in the air, was still interesting and it could be leading up to something more. And it was good to see that Claire didn't throw all of her trust for her father out the window like the last episode seemed to allude to.HRG is cool again! I really didn't think he would shoot that guy.

The only part I didn't like was at the end when Peter went to the future. We already have one idiot wandering through time.

I just saw a new ad on NBC and it says the next 5 episodes (oddly specific) will deal with the virus. I'd really like to see where this goes, who it originates from and so on.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the virus obviously is what wipes new york like Peter saw. That episode was intense. I feel bad for what Syler is doing to the Mexican siblings.... I'm mad that he's still so power hungry! I was hoping he'd change this season.

This season freakin' PWNS!

Top Bottom