• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Its kinda obvious that they are re-hashing series 1 story into this season but this is after all a show about people with superpowers and to most of its audience a live action comic book. From the get-go I never expected Lost or Sopranos level of quality and story telling so it really doesnt bother me.

And am I one of the few people who enjoys watching Mohinder?

HRG was outstanding.
Hiro and his princess was boring but it seems it was necersarry to turn Kensei heel so I suppose the ends justify the means in that thread.
The cliffhanger was as i mentioned a cheap re-hash but it still gets me interested.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Half of Issac's final eight paintings have come true, and it looks like another one will in the next episode (the one with Peter staring at something anda biohazard sign in the bottom left corner). It should be interesting to see how it plays out.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Last episode was good for the most part. West (sorry lame boy) influencing Claire to abuse her powers. Slightly hyporcritical since he said he didn't want to see her hurt only to drop her from 20ft in the air.
Dagnabit, Chill! I was going to post this exact thing. :p

I'm kinda interested in how "reflex memory" girl is going to fight Sylar (if she does). I can already see it being incredibly lame and contrived. It's going to be as if the kid from Home Alone decided to beat down the robbers instead of setting dozens of traps everywhere.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
In season 1, Hiro was pretty much my favorite character. A hilarious and simple guy with all these complicated problems that he handles by...being simple.

Now in season 2, his story is going way too far. It has nothing to do with any other plots and makes no sense. I never really understood why he went back in time aanyway...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was a little lost in this episode,cause I couldnt see the one before it,due to the california fires, the news was on like 24 hoursfor like 5 days...

anyway whats veronica marss power?

lol at kensei betraying hiro, hoping for awesome asian-style super human fighting scene soon...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hiro's story is disappointing me now. He's totally screwed up the past so much.... why can't he leave? Ugh..... I used to love watching his scenes but now I feel like I say over and over "lets get to someone else now......" Although, I love it when he kisses her.^_^

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I thought the episode was good, I'm pretty much sure that Hiro will fight Kensei.
That would be a boring fight.

Hiro stops time a stabs kensai. Kensai can't be killed, silly hiro. Kensai tries to swing his sword at hiro, but hiro stops time and stabs kensai again, which still doesn't work...you get the point.

It won't be a fight, something involving the girl's life.

wildthing2022000

Smash Rookie
That would be a boring fight.

Hiro stops time a stabs kensai. Kensai can't be killed, silly hiro. Kensai tries to swing his sword at hiro, but hiro stops time and stabs kensai again, which still doesn't work...you get the point.

Couldn't Hiro just stop time and get some rope and tie up Kensai?

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Yeah, but if you saw the paintings that Bennet discovered in the last episode, it shows Hiro and Kensei with flames, etc.

Orbinas

Smash Rookie
Mr.Lombardi34 said:
That would be great, except for the fact that one of the Series of Eight paintings is Hiro fighting Kensai.

Mr.Lombardi34 said:
Now in season 2, his story is going way too far. It has nothing to do with any other plots and makes no sense. I never really understood why he went back in time aanyway...
Slyar threw Hiro into a building, but before Hiro hit the building, he used his power. I guess it was just the first place that came into his head.

Storyline wise, I'm sure that what Peter "saw" was the virus. My theory is that Mohinder defects to The Company, albeit unwittingly (Bob said they would change, but he was probably lying) and behind Mohinder's back, but getting his help, make the virus "work" on normal humans. I don't know what they would get from it, but that's my theory.

Maybe I'm just thinking into it too much.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
1.That would be great, except for the fact that one of the Series of Eight paintings is Hiro fighting Kensai.

2.Slyar threw Hiro into a building, but before Hiro hit the building, he used his power. I guess it was just the first place that came into his head.

3a.Storyline wise, I'm sure that what Peter "saw" was the virus. My theory is that Mohinder defects to The Company, albeit unwittingly (Bob said they would change, but he was probably lying) and behind Mohinder's back, but getting his help, make the virus "work" on normal humans. I don't know what they would get from it, but that's my theory.

3b.Maybe I'm just thinking into it too much.
As you can see, I've numbered all of your statements. Now, in that order:

1. Hiro never fought that T-rex either.

2. But why did Hro stay there and screw up time?

3(a and b). Yes you are thinking about it too much. Remember that sylar, maya and alijandro are trying to find mohinder, and niki is his new partner. Those things could severly change what happens to mohinder and the whole company.

Orbinas

Smash Rookie
1. I forgot about that. Mind you, he hasn't fought the T-rex yet. He still could, even if it's very unlikely

2. Hiro fell in love with Yaeko, and he wants to try and restore the already broken past. One thing that bothers me about this, is that since Ando is reading those scrolls and still knows about the tales of Kensai, Hiro must eventually make everything right.

3. Isn't Sylar just lying to Maya and Alejandro? When he first met them, they showed Chandra's book and Sylar said he knew him. Sylar was referring to Chandra, not Mohinder. When Maya showed Sylar the book, he must've realised that they had a power (or at least Maya did) and agreed to "take" them to him.

On another note, has anyone seen the extended pilot on the Season 1 DVD? Ahmeed would have been a great character to add to the cast, but they had to cut him since his plot was related to terrorism, et cetera. Though in the end I'm glad he did get cut, since it involved Matt Parkman, so I don't know how the story would have changed if they had went ahead in that plot. And in the end, Ahmeed's power was added via Ted (the radioactive man that blew up the Bennet's house).

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
3. Isn't Sylar just lying to Maya and Alejandro? When he first met them, they showed Chandra's book and Sylar said he knew him. Sylar was referring to Chandra, not Mohinder. When Maya showed Sylar the book, he must've realised that they had a power (or at least Maya did) and agreed to "take" them to him.

But Sylar does need to get to mohinder. Only Mohinder can cure him of the virus, and he only wants to take maya and alejandro so he can get another power once he is cured.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
1. I forgot about that. Mind you, he hasn't fought the T-rex yet. He still could, even if it's very unlikely
Incorrect. This scene came true in "Fallout." When Hiro gets the sword from Linderman's collection, he raises up in the same manner as the painting. If you're observant, you see that that there is a replica of the T-Rex nearby. Visit here for the comparison.

2. Hiro fell in love with Yaeko, and he wants to try and restore the already broken past. One thing that bothers me about this, is that since Ando is reading those scrolls and still knows about the tales of Kensai, Hiro must eventually make everything right.
I'm sure that Kensei will forgive Hiro somehow. It just remains to be seen.

Obviously, Sylar is manipulating them. Remember that Sylar threatened to kill Alejandro and Maya and steal their powers when he gets his own back. If not, Sylar can use Maya to get rid of his enemies, since he's taught her to use her powers for her own gain, and the two seemed to have a connection.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Rockettrainer said:
Incorrect. This scene came true in "Fallout." When Hiro gets the sword from Linderman's collection, he raises up in the same manner as the painting. If you're observant, you see that that there is a replica of the T-Rex nearby. Visit here for the comparison.
Yes, but from the painting it was thought that Hiro would fight a T-Rex (which he didn't; you just see him strike the same post in front of a T-Rex's bones in a museum). So using that precedence, they could twist some way to have the painting of Hiro fighting Kensei come true, yet not actually having them fight.
Though I don't think that will happen.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
But Sylar does need to get to mohinder. Only Mohinder can cure him of the virus, and he only wants to take maya and alejandro so he can get another power once he is cured.
I think this raises another question. Assuming Sylar somehow gets his powers back and steals Maya and Alejandro's powers, would he be able to use them?

Maya only seems to be able to use her powers when she is distressed and crying. I don't know if Sylar has the ability to cry, which in turn would mean he can't use Maya's powers. I guess it would be more that he has her powers and can use them, but has to cry to use them (which might be difficult for him personally).

Seriously, I can't picture Sylar crying.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I think this raises another question. Assuming Sylar somehow gets his powers back and steals Maya and Alejandro's powers, would he be able to use them?

Maya only seems to be able to use her powers when she is distressed and crying. I don't know if Sylar has the ability to cry, which in turn would mean he can't use Maya's powers. I guess it would be more that he has her powers and can use them, but it would be difficult.
Well, Sylar seems to always be able to use powers better than their original owners. Like brian, the object moving dude (can't spell the word). Like someone said before, all he could do was move a cup slowly across a table. Sylar on the other hand can throw a truck. My point isSylar can controll powers really good. I think he would be able to use maya's power at will if he obtained it.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Well, Sylar seems to always be able to use powers better than their original owners. Like brian, the object moving dude (can't spell the word). Like someone said before, all he could do was move a cup slowly across a table. Sylar on the other hand can throw a truck. My point isSylar can controll powers really good. I think he would be able to use maya's power at will if he obtained it.
I suppose that is true. Maybe part of Sylar's ability is to fully understand the powers he is stealing.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Exactly. But hey wait, you remember a few episodes ago when Sylar killed the shapeshifter? How did he take her power? His power is understanding, which allows him to use powers, but if sylar didn't have his powers, how could he get the shapeshifter's...power? I just severly confused myself, ignore me.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. But hey wait, you remember a few episodes ago when Sylar killed the shapeshifter? How did he take her power? His power is understanding, which allows him to use powers, but if sylar didn't have his powers, how could he get the shapeshifter's...power? I just severly confused myself, ignore me.
He may or may not have taken Candice's powers. Either:
1. He was able to get her powers but can't use any powers other than his original power.
2. He didn't get her powers because his power isn't working.
3. Candice isn't actually dead but created the illusion that she died, thus Sylar didn't kill her when he thought he did.
or
4. Some other unforseeable reality.

And to clarify the only time we've seen Sylar use Candice's power is in the Season One episode about the future, where Sylar uses Candice's powers to disguise himself as Nathan Pertrelli

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Candice is pretty much one of the most awesome characters, and I hope she isn't really dead (although she probably is).

I mean Hiro, Nathan (and West for that matter), and Micah all have pretty awesome powers, but I think Candice's power is the one I'd like most.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Looks like ther going with a last minute season finale December 3rd because of the strike thats going on in Hollywood.

I think this will be anything but a good thing and im expecting a very cheap and contrived ending which will make 'How To Stop and Exploding Man' seem like 'Through the Looking Glass' in quality terms.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tonight's episode was definitely one of the best episodes to date. All of the pieces are finally starting to come together. Only two more of Isaac's paintings remain to come true. Adam is in fact
Kensei, which could mean that he was the one who killed Hiro's father
. I can't wait to see how it ends. :)

About the photo of The Group of Twelve, it was stated in an interview that the women with the scar would have some sort of impact on the show and that there is a reason why Petrelli Sr. is looking away from the camera.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
perhaps adam didn't kill katio(sp?) but used maury to do it. either way i so called that ****.

I cannot wait until that next episode. seeing the previews really makes me think my theory of the hatian being the source of peters loss of memory. think about it. peter has been wearing the hatians necklace from season one since the beginning of season 2.

i sure hope there is some twist involved with the predicted death of Bennet because i think his character is too important to be killed off liek that.

also i hope hiros reuniting with ando will bring both characters to joining the stories of the other heroes once more.

i wanna predict that maya's twin brother will be dead before the end of this season. for some reason his actor is under reccuring status while maya is o nthe main cast list. just looks funny to me.

ok discuss.

Drake3

Smash Ace
So tonight's episode made up for some of the boringness. Here I was thinking that Jessica had retaken over, but it turns out it was just Parkman's dad.

Maaan I can't believe one of my coworkers got it right. I didn't really believe that Kensei would be behind some of the attacks, but I guess the timeline was a bit...destroyed.

I can't wait for next week's episode where they fill in some of the blanks. Especially Sylar's.

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
ewww.....>.<

icky product placement

besides that, this episode was pretty good. So I guess "takezo kenzei" and Claire are immortal as long as they keep their head on their shoulders. But seriously, wth is his problem? He loses his girlfriend an goes completely rogue like that... Gah! I guess I should've caught the first five minutes to see how the action unfolded.

Top Bottom