• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Wow that was an excellent episode.

lol @ Hiro for inadvertently killing his own dad. That's gotta sting.

Props to GameFreak for calling that ****. But I don't think the Hatian took Peter's memories. If he simply took them how was Peter able to remember his mom at all?

Man, if Matt's powers can progress to that level, think what the rest of them can do. @_@ Claire making NEW limbs for herself, Alejandro and Maya curing ANY diseases over a large radius or spreading death, respectively, and I can't even imagine what the Hatian could do.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
That episode was so freakin awesome!!!! They better give everything away next episode!!

Yeah, Hiro pretty much destroyed the future. He's the reason this is all happening....

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Props to GameFreak for calling that ****. But I don't think the Hatian took Peter's memories. If he simply took them how was Peter able to remember his mom at all?.
I thought he was involuntarily using the power he got from Matthew Parkman to read his mother's mind (because all the memories were focused around her). I dunno, just what I thought.

I feel bad for Claire's situation though. I think it'd be good if she separated from Noah (HRG). I don't think the whole West thing is completely reasonable. I think the Haitian would have erased any memory of HRG at all, so I dunno.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought he was involuntarily using the power he got from Matthew Parkman to read his mother's mind (because all the memories were focused around her). I dunno, just what I thought.
yes yes u are correct. He isnt any closer to remembering everything about his past and who he is. But he is aware of who his mother is now.

So with the healing power, you don't age either?

But why would kensai just stop aging at that specific age?
Well think about Wolverine from Marvel comics fame. That guy is older than both professor X and magneto, although he holds the appearance of a rather young man.

Out of pure guesstimation, i'd say once their body develops completely, they stop aging, and that applys to Adam, Wolverine, and Claire. claire is still in her teens, but perhaps sometime in the next few years she will stop aging. and perhaps not.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
WOW.

That is all I have to say on 'Out of Time'.

Oh and....

D*MN YOU WRITERS SRIKE!!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
So with the healing power, you don't age either?

But why would kensai just stop aging at that specific age?
When u get older u get newer cells and stuff like that, but then they slowly start to die, thats when ur getting the old man look, Im guessing that the cells that are supposed to die rejuvinate thanx to kenseis power... just a theory...

ZOMG one of THE best episodes ever, no doubt, the ending is amazing, I remember that nathan said about some guy *whose name I forgot* that was part of the original heroes but aint in the photo, and then the bold guy explains, is that adam AKA kensei? I got confused when I read ur posts...

Kensei is becoming one of my fav. characters just because of all the revenge thing... ZOMG at the futue, peter has to stop it (as usual)...

was dissapointed with how they defeated parkmans dad, I actually tought he wasgonna have a HUGE role with his dad stillwalking around freely, but they already beat him? lame...

anyway awesome awesome episode, I wanna see how all the blanks fit in nextweek, and thank god they left that girlwith the accent in the future shes so boring...

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you on Matt's dad the nightmare man. He is probably the character with the most terrifying power we've seen so far. I mean not only can he trap people in illusions, but he can read their minds to find out what the most terrifying illusions would be for each person.

And then the whole thing he did where Nathan and Matt were fighting....and the Nikki/Jessica/DL thing...

To see him defeated so easily is kinda sad.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Defeated so easily? Are you kidding?

Think about WHO defeated him. Think about the kind of change and newfound powers he took on in order to stop him. He's surpassed his father, and the way it happened couldn't have happened any other way.

About Hiro: I don't think he destroyed his timeline at all. In fact, I think these were things that were supposed to happen in the past. After all, Hiro tells Yaeko all the adventures of Takezo Kensei, and with word of mouth, spreads out his legend, which is a story told down to present down and to Hiro. Inadvertedly, Hiro created his own hero thanks to his faith in a story his father used to tell him when he went to sleep - funny it's his own doing all along.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I find the fallen hero character of Kensai interesting, like Anakin. Though he seems to be overeacting, why not just move on? He "loved" her for what, a few weeks? And he uses that as revenge for 2-3 centuries?

The old Heroes have a very good understanding of what the powers can do, Bob knew what Matt was capable of. And I think Mrs. Pettreli made Peter remember her by sending him memories of her, knowing he'd read them.

I think the Haitian will eventually be able to create false memories and restore taken ones (Peter's).

How did you expect a telepath fight to go? I think they handled it rather well.

Will Peter's powers evolve too? Or will each person whom he took them from be more powerful in that power than he is?

It would make him a little less broken at least.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Baka! I missed most of the episode.

So I guess Kensai is one of the original 12 then? It also seems like he's the one who has been killing off all the origina heroes. Well that's just lame. Even if he was pissed at Hiro for stealing his girlfriend, he seriously needs to get a life if he's going to stay angry for hundreds of years. I hope I'm wrong about this.

And Claire is stupid. >_<

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Being invincible does that to ya.

Do you attack people who get the Star in Melee? (Lame, lame example I know. It's the best I can think of.)

Dibs

Smash Lord
Lol @ your example.

Heroes finally got me psyched about it again thanks to these twists.
I'm just hoping the writer's strike thing doesn't effect it as bad as I've been reading it will.

Starter530

Smash Rookie
i would like to say that i am the Heroes KING.

I really like how Matt is beginning to expand in his knowledge of his powers, he was really pretty mediocre in the first season.

I remember that when kaito died i was thinking, the only people who can survive a fall like that are Clair and Takezo, i was right sort of. And yes, he's going by the name Adam Munroe, which makes sense. The symbollic name of Adam, as he was the first hero

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Defeated so easily? Are you kidding?

Think about WHO defeated him. Think about the kind of change and newfound powers he took on in order to stop him. He's surpassed his father, and the way it happened couldn't have happened any other way.
Well, I just think that the nightmare man is a much more interesting character. I mean just look at what he did with Nikki and Nathan/Matt, that is some seriously disturbing psychological stuff. What can Adam do? Heal if you hurt him? I mean that's pretty scary, but with Matthew's dad, it's just like, you CAN'T trust anything. With Adam you can at least trust that you aren't going to end up killing your own child because you were fooled into thinking they were something else...Maybe I should have said quickly instead of easily. Because the way he was taken down I am fine with. His character just had a lot of potential, but I guess now that Matt has that power, we'll still be able to see it in use.

So I hope Matt has more of a role now...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Good episode, the best part is when Caitlyn get's stuck in the future. Hahahaha

I was going to say something about Claire possibly being able to cure the virus but I didn't think they'd go there.Did anyone else think it was interesting that Angela was alive in the current future? I thought she would have been dead at least until they changed the future.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why? They caught Matt's Father, who was the guy bumping people off.

Also, suprised about "Adam", I knew he couldn't be injured, didn't know that meant he couldn't flat out die, even from age.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I have another - Couldn't you choke him to death? You're not actually ripping the flesh, so his regeneration would do nothing to stop it...
You would be either blocking off the air flow to his lungs or blood flow to his brain, which would return once you let go of him, as his brain cells can revive themselves (I assume, because all other cells of his can heal).

OR

You would be crushing his wind pipe, which would regenerate. So nah, it wouldn't work.

I'm also very worried about how the writers' strike will affect House, Heroes, etc.

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
I'm also very worried about how the writers' strike will affect House, Heroes, etc.
I don't think it's anything to worry about until the next season or after that. For sure the filming for this season is finished and possibly the storyline for the next is also done...POSSIBLY. Just a guess.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Not even close, the season is ending on December 3rd. Do some research.

Not sure how it's affecting House, however.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
They are refilming the last episode though, to possibly speed things up if the strike continues so we don't really know :(

Dibs

Smash Lord
I heard that they refilmed a second season finale in case they really have to end heroes indefinitely.. =[

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The fact that he's aware of the mistakes and is making sure not to repeat them is a big plus for me.

And I don't mind about the strike. If they can come up with the great stuff for House, Heroes, FAmily Guy, ect, I say take as long as you want to get that pay deal. There's nothing on TV without them all ;)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The first thing that came to my mind when hearing about the strike was: Does this effect Lost?
Well? @_@

And thank goodness he realizes we all hate the Hiro and Claire relationships. Lame boy may die, as indicated by the article. I have high hopes for the season finale. ^_^

And I guess we wont be having the sub series where we can vote on a new Hero to join the cast. I was looking forward to that.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
god i wish this writers strike would be resolved sooner rather than later.... i do support their cause.... but it just sucks for everybody...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I just found out that every Sunday night at 6p/5c, G4 shows last Monday's episode and then has cast interviews, behind-the-scenes stuff, and all other crap Heroes.

Its pretty cool, because if you missed last weeks episode, you can watch two in two days. :lick:

Top Bottom