• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Waffles anyone?
Heroes has convinced me that Waffles are the greatest food of all, and must also be man's ultimate downfall. They are more genetically advanced than the cockroach.

Seriously, good **** on the Waffles. I love this show.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
For all we know, Parkman Sr. could've actually killed Hiro's father. He could have made the illusion that somebody pushed him off to Hiro's father and Ando. *shrugs*
I don't think that is the case, as next episode shows Hiro going back to try and stop the killer, but it is possible.

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Peter should definitely go back in time and copy Jesus' powers.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Dangit, I didn't think anybody would notice if I didn't bring it up. =P

But yeah I'd forgotten that last week's episode took place four months ago.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Someone jacked the TV yesterday, so I was forced to watch this show. The acting was pretty bad...And there were like 10 cliche lines in the same episode. i.e. Asian dude: he will always live in my heart! How did I guess he was going to say that.

Regardless, it was pretty entertaining.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
One of my friends called Noah being brought back to life with Claire's blood ala Nathan did with Peter's.

Man, I really wish the season is coming to an end so soon :(

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought we'd seen the end of West, but that episode was fabulous!!!!!!!
I seriously thought he was dead too, but I'm surprised Bob and them healed him. And... I really hate Bob's daughter. She had no reason at all to do that. And I'm so mad at Mohinder. He's, like an enemy now!!! :(

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I like Elle! Also, I'm sure Bob brought him back because he realized they can use him for more things, maybe convince him that the virus really will kill everyone if Claire doesn't help. Something along those lines.

And I'm not a big fan of West either.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Yeah, west made me laugh when his asked mr. Bennet what he was doing.

And I agree with sugar poultry, eli had no reason for electrocuting claire and west. I think there are two possibe reasons why:

1. So she could be shot

2. So that suresh would have a reason to shoot Bennet.

I think the second is likely.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I think it was because West flew her into a car and knocked her out and then Mr. Bennett using her as a hostage made her mad. But she broke through the duct tape on her wrists so easily; if she wanted to she could have broken out of it a while ago and zapped them all to death then. Wonder why she didn't.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Claire: Mum you know him?

Mrs Bennet: Of course I know him. He's the REGIONAL SALES MANAGER AT PRIMATECH COMPANY!

I found that poor dialog funny. But the rest...
WOW

Easily the best eppisode this show has produced so far.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you still expect spoiler tags after all the above posts, your just kidding yourself. ;P

Elle probably just shot at West and Claire so they wouldn't get away. After all, she does work for the company and her actions, combined with Mohinder's, turned the whole situation around in Bob's favor: they killed HRG. For whatever reason, they kept him alive with Claire's blood... but you can expect that it is so that they can find her.

My only worry about the season is that there are what... two episodes left, and we are still pretty clueless about the virus? So far it is nothing to do with the other parts of the story at all (Adam story, Parkman story.)

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I found that the Hiro story and the Parkman story just got in the way of the awesomeness that was going on with claire. The hiro and parkman stories just said stuff we already figured out.

And I really can't think of any possible power that Mrs.Petrelli could have.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
So, what the heck is Sylar's role at this point? Is he going to regain power and kick off season 3? (Please no...) I have a feeling he is going to attack Suresh and take his blood thinking it can still cure him. When that doesn't work, it is back to chasing the cheerleader! Otherwise, I just hope he dies.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well now he can go after Claire again or Adam to achieve his near invincibleness. Also, I am thinking a lot of people are going to get offed pretty soon, hopefully not Elle or Bob or Mohinder....West and Caitlin I can deal with :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well hmmm... 2 episodes left. They built him up pretty big so far... I can't imagine them just dumping him suddenly. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
You know what I want from this show? I death that I care about. Something sad at least. D.L's death was a but sudden and didn't really have an emotional impact on me.

When Mr. Bennet died, I was sad, but then he came back in the same, thus not leaving any room for sympathy.

I want a good character to die! Mohinder would have an emotional impact, Eli would, parkman, hiro, bob!

That's what the show needs.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I felt sorry for all the hardcore Heroes fans who had spent so much time debating about HRG, really. If they would just off such a pivotal character in such an unnecessary way... I mean, sometimes a main character's death is fitting and somewhat poetic, but right now it seems like HRG's dying would just be the straw that breaks the camel's back in regards to the suck-factor of this season.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I ****ING NEW THEY WOULD USE CLAIRES BLOOD TO REVIVE NOAH I KNW IT!

awesome awesome episode, noah has NEVER been so bad ***, mindgaming veronica mars, and using the metal bucket thing with water... I liked this episode a lot...

tough a bit obvious in some parts, like kensei being the killer of hiros dead, tough kensei is awesome...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's just person preference. He had his fun in season 1. I'm just dissatisfied until he is gone for good.
Yeah, if they wanted him to be a recurring villian they should have brought him back in a later season. Right now he's just annoying.

Regarding emotional deaths I thought both Charlie and Simones deaths had a emotional factor.

I like how they've emphasised that the paintings always come true it just depends on how you look at it, like the T-rex picture from last year. When we first saw the painting it looked like Claire was kissing the 'mystery guy' while HRG lay dying. Now we can see that West was just comforting her.

Even though he's still alive that was an epic death scene.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Chill said:
I like how they've emphasised that the paintings always come true it just depends on how you look at it, like the T-rex picture from last year. When we first saw the painting it looked like Claire was kissing the 'mystery guy' while HRG lay dying. Now we can see that West was just comforting her.
It looked to me that West was holding her back. And I'm glad they redeemed his character since so many people didn't like him.

I'm curious about what Mrs. Petrelli and Hiro's father's powers are. He said that had never traveled through time, but before I think he said that 'we' can't play God so it can be assumed his power was pretty powerful. Hmmm.
And Bob doesn't use his power enough. Just to make himself gold-rimmed glasses or a golden-plated pistol...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm curious about what Mrs. Petrelli and Hiro's father's powers are. He said that had never traveled through time, but before I think he said that 'we' can't play God so it can be assumed his power was pretty powerful. Hmmm
Me too. If they don't show any of their powers I think its safe to call them pointless characters. But thats just me.

I'm really scared about Parkman, he's starting to turn into his father. O_O

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I wonder if Bob can transmutate anything into gold. If so, that would be one hell of a power.

Also, I bet they have particularly strong powers but have been so upset by what using them has caused they don't use them. That and Papa Petrelli is dead so he couldn't anyways ;)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, my question is this: Is Mrs. Petrelli's power a subtle power she has been using all along (and we never noticed)? Or is it a power she has yet to reveal?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, my question is this: Is Mrs. Petrelli's power a subtle power she has been using all along (and we never noticed)? Or is it a power she has yet to reveal?
Until Monday I thought Mrs. Petrelli had some kind of power over persuasion, but then Parkman got the answers he wanted out of her. =x im sure we'll find out sooner or later.

I'm much more interested in the new name Parkman got...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Until Monday I thought Mrs. Petrelli had some kind of power over persuasion
No, that can't be it. All women have that power once they get married. They wouldn't make that her power on this awesome TV show.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
What's she gonna do? Persuade us otherwise? It's a lose/lose for her.

Top Bottom