• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 3! Greensboro, NC! Date: March 27-28 2010! BIG UPDATES READ EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
I heard deadline's today to register? Is that true? If so, I'll go ahead and register today. Had some slight fund probs but I'm okay now. I'll do it today though. [more hype]

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
What? Now there's next to no reason for me to be there on Friday, the only day I have off work. Is Mike still coming up for this, and if so, when? I may still come down to hang but I won't be able to enter anything. :/

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
"Registration ends 1 week before confirmed date."

EDIT: *looks at above post* Good stuff then. lol thanks bro. I was bout ta freak...lol

I need to be apart of this. Im one of Charlotte's best (judging by my tournament wins only folks) And I've been waiting for a chance to play the best of NC. please, let me know how to sign up, me and a friend, also really good in skill.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Awesome, more people that have somehow been hiding in nc want to come. Sourdoe all the registration info is in the first post.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I need to be apart of this. Im one of Charlotte's best (judging by my tournament wins only folks) And I've been waiting for a chance to play the best of NC. please, let me know how to sign up, me and a friend, also really good in skill.
O.o Where in Charlotte do you live? I'll play you sometime.

BEHR

Smash Hero
everyone chill your goin to enter at the venue lol I know this.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
can we NOT be lazy as **** and enter at the venue? i live in greensboro and i still don't want to be getting back at 3 AM cuz pools couldn't get made cuz 40 people entered at the venue so **** couldn't get started...

i know its run at a hotel, so i guess others wouldn't be affected, but ****, how much difference in money will the majority of you have ONE WEEK before the tournament? let the **** run smooth, get a **** visa gift card, and register.

d@mn.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
They're nothing wrong with entering at the venue. Vilt can still have a deadline lol and he can choose to adhere to it. I mean, it's not an NC thing so much as it's an HERB thing.

lord karn

Smash Master
I don't think doubles should be required to pay online, because a lot of people don't know if they are entering until they find a teammate at the venue.

I don't really care about singles. I can see the advantages to both. I don't really mind staying up really late to finish, but I know others do. Signing up online is only mildly inconvenient.

Kixx

Smash Rookie
Pre-reg ends the 20th

Edit:

@Ace: That would make sense if I didn't have to wait for some great smasher cause he's late then wait on them cause If I don't, I'll piss off OoS cause I didn't let that smasher play. And there are so many problems you can run into with pools and having them done early ensures them to be close to perfect.

@Stingers: I am. So you better be there.

If I have to drive to Greensboro, Wilmington, Raleigh, wherever just to get your money. I will **** it cause I want this tourney to run mad smooth.
Vilt Ima have an issue payin for it before the 20th. my paycheck doesn't come it till that following week so yea if you can just hold it open like the day before the melee begins i should be able to have it done.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
They're nothing wrong with entering at the venue. Vilt can still have a deadline lol and he can choose to adhere to it. I mean, it's not an NC thing so much as it's an HERB thing.
There's.....everything wrong with entering at the venue. If you like having our tournament bad-mouthed, if you like running extremely late so you have no hype for finals, if you like waiting for the tournament that we actually CAME THERE FOR, and if you like stressing Vilt+other helpers out, then yeah, there's nothing at all wrong with paying at the venue.

I agree with Chris. This is pretty ridiculous NC. Stop being such pansies.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
There's.....everything wrong with entering at the venue. If you like having our tournament bad-mouthed, if you like running extremely late so you have no hype for finals, if you like waiting for the tournament that we actually CAME THERE FOR, and if you like stressing Vilt+other helpers out, then yeah, there's nothing at all wrong with paying at the venue.

I agree with Chris. This is pretty ridiculous NC. Stop being such pansies.
I have to disagree, Kevin. I'm sorry you're pro and expect everything laid out for you.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
PP you're starting to word things worse than dark hart.

edit: pre-registering shouldn't be problematic. I didn't do it because I'm pretty sure i'm calling in sick for work to go so, it's not set in stone. Which is the only legitimate reason for this inconvenience, being unsure that you're even going until the last minute.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I honestly don't see how hard pre reging is.

If you guys have the money but can't pay online, I'll talk to my dad and see if we can pay for you and you pay us at the tournament.
I want this to run as smoothly as possible and I strictly believe that not being able to register at the venue will help do so.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
dark hart, if you're helping run the tournament, then why the heck would you want stacks of people running up to you with random money trying to enter the tournament the day its going to start?

i understand some paycheck situations, and i sort of understand doubles...cuz i don't think i preregged doubles...cuz idk if i'll find a partner lol...but if i had one i would have...

i just want stuff to happen in a fairly timely manner. i'd like to watch grand finals without being afraid that i'm gonna fall asleep on the road on the way back. thats my only real concern.

rhan

Smash Hero
I have no problem with Pre-regging. I support it.

Just not the pre-regging for doubles aspect.

Honestly I'm with PP. HERB2 could have ran about 20 minutes earlier for doubles but that's doubles anyway. Singles didn't really start until about 3 hours after doubles ended (At least that's how it felt to me).

too lazy to actually read:

Pre-reg makes **** faster.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Doubles are too hard to set up online IMO, they shouldn't be neccissary to pre-reg, just Singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom