• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 2: Gboro NC, Melee/Brawl(July 25th-26th) M2K CONFIRMED!!! *NEW VENUE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
So Who's gonna play me in some Fight Night Round 4?

Lamotta v. anyone Middle.

Also: Green Greens.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
THERE WILL BE VIDEOS, REST ASSURED.
Here's my setup...

I use a camcorder and laptop combo.
Here's a pic of our setup from a previous tourney this summer.
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...17b2d064eb.jpg

What we have planned for HERB is kinda like that but with some improvements.

Rather than pointing the camera at the TV, that camcorder also supports direct input, just like most capture cards. Infact it does a higher quality job at digitalizing video than your average capture card.

The camcorder is connected to the laptop with a firewire cable. The video records on to mini DV tapes for backup and capturing later, while simultaneously streaming on the laptop.

The camcorder also supports high quality XLR ports for microphones. We'll be bringing one microphone for commentary...if anyone that can let us use a 2nd mic, that's even better.

In the post-production, I apply some filters and resizing to make the videos imitation HD quality. Here's an example of what our videos look like after this method.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XvUt5eE7SA
You sir, win for actually uploading decent quality videos. :)
What Youtube channel will the vids be on?

PB&J

Smash Hero
i prayed for g$ so he will be ok no need to worry..

somebody introduce me to amy tomorrow..i want to see whats the fuss about

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
You stayin for barwl day?

start of epic partner askin poem

I need a partner.

Jon bailed on me though >.>

jk im not mad bro.

I'm pretty sick in teams.

Ask the lord of Green Greens.

/end poem.

That's Ragbro.

I'd rather not team with any nade happy Snakes or that Olimar character.

Oh, and you have to be decent.

is this too much to ask?

If so, i'll team with my mother and we will double CF.

get at me.

Oh Edit: I play MetaKnight, not Sheik Lolololol :D
i'd team with yo... but i play oimar XD sorry and i heard i was decent too :S

rhan

Smash Hero
I know how you feel plur. Me nor anyone here could sleep. Was up since 11 am yesterday. lol

HYPED!

Get ready!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Copied from the Jailbreak thread:

I'm willing to pitch in a couple dollars to get them out. If everyone does the same it should round out to $500.

EDIT: I'm leaving now, so I'll see everyone in like 2 hours.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Regarding G$ being in jail, RIGHT NOW:

I really hope he can make it out...if they still need the money by the time I get there [5-6 PM] I'll most certainly pitch in for my homeboys...***** slept in my bed!

I got a call from Reno at 4:30 this morning [LOL good thing I was waking up for work then XD] and he basically said "we know for a fact that G$ has the cash in his bank account, but obviously can't get to the funds, and visiting hours are friday and sunday [FAIL] so we can't talk to him either, but if someone could front us the money to get him out so he doesn't spend the night in jail, I mean..he HAS the money, so you'll be reimbursed"

SO everyone pool your monies together and if some gracious [Brawl?] player who doesn't have too many commitments on Saturday at the tourney wouldn't mind driving to where they are to deliver the cash, [and probably get reimbursed for the "gas and inconvenience" or whatever] then we can all be happy and have our boy out...and plus we'll have amazing people at the tourney like they're supposed to be!

that would be so amazing =D

OMG WAIT I don't think Meep's car has come down yet! SOMEONE FIND HOW TO CONTACT MEEP! I DON'T HAVE HIS NUMBER!

Maybe JCaesar's group or Tope&co.[wait, are they coming?] would know his number! PLEASE someone call them as soon as possible before they've passed the area where the sheriff's office is! Hopefully they have some means to get enough cash for them :(

Lenca

Smash Journeyman
Eekk!!!!!!!!!!!! Omfg Slept In 2 Hours 2 Long

I will be late for registrations, is that alright?? only participating in Melee

Flamingo

Smash Lord
i'd team with yo... but i play oimar XD sorry and i heard i was decent too :S
Lets do this. ^_^ Your Oli did extremely well last HERB, and beat me in a MM L0L. I'm a little out of practice, but after tonight we should be good. My number is 828-508-5155 if you want to text/call me for practice sometime tonight if you aren't coming for melee. Idk if you care, but i'm verizon.

lord karn

Smash Master
Eekk!!!!!!!!!!!! Omfg Slept In 2 Hours 2 Long

I will be late for registrations, is that alright?? only participating in Melee
Are you entering teams? If not, then you'll be fine. If so try calling ahead and trying to get put in the bracket. If you're too late you might have to take a loss.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yo guys i'm still in richmond apparently i'm supposed to pick up the g$ crew from the sherrif's station but anyways the point is we're gonna be late

i already paid for singles teams and venue online so if i don't get to play teams thats gonna be an issue for me

also i'm teaming with tope so if you just wanna register us early that'd be legit

my number is 2157710626 in case anyone needs me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom